Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 07:46:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 177
Total: 178

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: nude lap dance and HIV  (Read 24574 times)

Offline kumar111

nude lap dance and HIV
« on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:11 pm »
First, apologies for the long post. I am terrified and hence the detailed post.

I received a nude lap dance ten days back in a strip club. She did remove her panties for sometime during the dance. My penis was inside my underwear but the top part of the penis was outside the underwear for sometime. I believe it might have been covered by my shirt but am not sure. I never touched her vagina but I touched her breasts/ass and kissed on her stomach once (not mouth). I did touch her sweat under the arms. I masturbated during the dance and my semen came out of my pants. My penis never would have touched her vagina, but might have (I don't recall) touched her ass.

What are the chances of getting AIDS/any other infection in the above case. I think most likely my penis never touched her vagina but I am not 100% sure. What are chances of catching AIDS/infection
if my penis touched her ass/vagina. I never penetrated her and never touched her vagina with hand. But I did touch her breasts/ass and then touched my penis. I don't have any cuts anywhere on my body and In did not see her having any cuts.

symptoms:
I developed a rash on skin (similar to pimples) after 10 days. I already have pimples (they come and go quite frequently and it has been happening for quite long time). I am not sure if this is the same,
but new ones seems to be coming near the eye (not on the eye, but near). I experienced slight shortage of breath experienced for a day , but i am not sure if this is related or not. I did see that there is a white patch (lesions?) on one side of the tongue and I removed it with finger nail and I don't see them again on the tongue. I don't have any other symptomps ( I don't have fever/night sweats, don't have any visible infection on the penis, don't have swollen lymph glands, don't have diarrhea, don't have cough).

1) If I did catch any infection, what is the earliest time when it will be shown in the tests.
2) What type of tests do I need to take to confirm that I don't have any infection.
3) What is the test name i should ask for testing AIDS?
4) How much does it cost? (Sorry for asking)
5) Do I need to go through my insurance? (sorry for asking, I know this is not the concern)
6) what is PEP? (I saw this term in some posts, but did not understand)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: nude lap dance and HIV
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:13:54 am »
Nothing you have desrcibed has put you at risk for HIV, please read the lesson here on how HIV is and is not Transmitted.

Use condoms for Vaginal/Anal sex at all time..NO EXCEPTIONS.

Jan
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:18:28 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline kumar111

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:47:47 am »
Thank you Jan for the response. I really appreciate it.

I am sorry for prolonging the question again (please bear with me)
I would like to add one more symptom I got. My chest seems to have gotten 4 or 5 red spots in the middle.  Would this show any STD symptom

1) If I want to be 100% sure that I did not catch any STD from her, what are the tests I need to take and  what would be a good time to take (like couple of weeks, or months)
2) I did kiss her on the stomach with my mouth. Would this have infected me?
3) I did touch her breasts/buttocks and then touched my penis, would this have anyway affected me (I understand that it might not, but I want to get your opinion, I am really sorry for asking these stupid questions, but I am terribly affraid, the only thing I am keeping in my mind to stay logical is that I can't do anything now even if I am infected)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:41:12 am »
Kumar,

You certainly did NOT become infected with hiv through anything you did or was done to you during the lapdance. Sexually speaking, hiv is transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. And that's it. If you want to test for other STIs, see a doctor.

Kissing a person ANYWHERE is not a risk for hiv infection.

Again, hiv is not transmitted in any way sexually except for unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Touching a person anywhere and then touching your penis will not result in hiv infection.

Along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kumar111

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:49:58 pm »
Thank you for the reply Ann. This will be my last post (I will reply after the test is done after 3 months).

1) I will wait for 3 months and get a blood test (ELISA?) for HIV/AIDS. Does this prove conclusively that I don't have HIV/AIDS? Do I need to take RNA test (I am not sure what this is but read about it)

2) What are the other tests that I need to take for testing against any other STD/STIs. Please let me know the test names (Forgive for the ignorance)

Here are the symptoms that I have so far (after 10 days of the risky contact). Please let me know if you think of any problems.

1) One side of the tongue had a line of white substance (thrush?). I removed it with finger nail and it didn't leave any red spots. In 2 days, the white substance is starting to grow back
2) There seems to be skin rash that is coming up on the face near eye (may be related to pimples, I am not sure)
3) Skin rash started on the middle of the chest (top portion).
4) Slight difficulty in breathing is experienced for the last 2 days (after about 10 days of risky contact)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:05:33 pm »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV. Period end of discussion.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:08:14 am »
Kumar, we focus solely on HIV here. Regarding other STDs, there is a standard panel of tests which you can arrange through your doctor or any medical facility.

Yes, a negative result on the Elisa at 13 weeks is conclusive and reliable.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV nor are they in any way HIV specific. Discuss them with your doctor if they persist.

This is NOT and HIV situation. Period.   
Andy Velez

Offline kumar111

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 11:02:18 am »
thanks everyone

Offline kumar111

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 03:54:29 am »
Hello experts,

SORRY for posting. I hope this will be my last one.

Risky contact again is ---- i had a nude lap dance for about 20 minutes, she was naked and I think my penis touch her buttocks for sometime with no protection. I touched her breasts, back, buttocks but never touched her vagina. I masturbated while touching her

I am really sorry for posting this. I thought I will not post till I get tested after 3 months. But I am experiencing the following symptoms (It has been close to 2 weeks since the risky contact, I seriously believe that my penis touched her ass for couple of minutes)

It has been 2 weeks now.

1) White patch came again on one side of tongue and now it is difficult remove this, it is not going away with nail. Earlier (3/4 days back), it came but I was able to remove it by nail, but now it came back again and i can't remove it.

2) I think my tongue is beginning to turn yellow and the taste buds in the beginning of the tongue are turning red and bumpy (there are extremely small, still of the size of taste buds, not bigger) and i have burning sensation on the top of my tongue for close to half a day now. I did not have any extremely hot liquids/food that could have done this.

3) My legs have serious pain. In legs, I have extreme muscle pain/joint pain since half a day.

4) Looks like I am about to get the fever. I might already be having low fever for half a day

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 04:24:52 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 04:41:11 am »
This is no different to the the first Post you put up...again there is NO risk for HIV..if you insist on coming back every few days because you had a nude lap dance then we will have no hesitation in giving you a Time Out..please consider yourself warned.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline kumar111

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 02:24:32 pm »
Thank you for the replies. I will for the 3 months and test for all STDs. I know there is nothing I can do even if I contracted something.

Offline kumar111

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 04:46:30 am »
Dear experts,

sorry for re-posting. However, I will not post again (I am going to test today)

My symptoms increased
-----

after 2 weeks, i had fever for 4 days
after 3 weeks, i got very very very small blisters in clusters (like cauliflower as per some symptomsonline)
getting very cold feet in night
slightly numb leg
extreme tiredness in legs
slight skin rash on trunk
oral thrush in mouth increasing

Do you guys think i could have caught something here. If yes, can you please give your suggestions? I am getting exhausted with this anxiety and the abnormal tiredness and abnormal leg pains.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 08:07:16 am »
Kumar,

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. We cannot diagnose you over the internet. We CAN tell you, however, that what ever is going on has NOTHING to do with hiv. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection during your lapdance.

If the clustered blisters were on your penis, you may have gotten herpes - BUT - this does not change the fact that you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. SEE YOUR DOCTOR as my suggestion of herpes is only that - a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kumar111

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 10:25:35 pm »
Ann/Andy,  You were of great help. I tested at 6 weeks and it came back negative for HIV with a rapid test in 10 minutes using unigold something test. I could NOT be more happier. Waiting on the results of other std tests. Doctor doesn't think that this is herpes , he just thinks it is normal.

Is there any window period for other STDs similar to HIV window period?
How reliable is the unigold rapid test with blood at 6 weeks?

I promise I stop posting after this. You did a good job by banning me from posting earlier, I did get face to face advice from doctors and others.

Offline kumar111

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 10:34:36 pm »
Please let me know if I can be of some help to this forum (I am a good software developer, not sure if you need it though). This forum helps a lot of people with similar anxieties. Thanks to you guys for your valuable opinion.

Question - If rapid test is much cheaper than actual blood tests (ELISA) then why do people still take actual blood test (ELISA) which takes around 2 weeks to come back when rapid test comes back in 10 mins and a lot cheaper
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:14:43 am by kumar111 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 08:55:10 am »
The Rapid test is an approved and reliable test. It's not always available at every testing site.

As far as other STDs are concerned, discuss your questions with your doctor. We focus only on HIV issues here.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:56:41 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.