Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:45:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 222
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Enough already- This is Florida...  (Read 14928 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Enough already- This is Florida...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:52:02 pm »
One of my numerous reasons for moving from OH to SC was to escape the blizzards. But just before Christmas, just north of Charlotte NC, they had about 3 inches of sn@w*. Now this week, when the temps here are only about 5 degrees warmer than back in OH, the only thing I've had to gloat about is that they have 14 inches of sn@w and we have none. But tonight's forecast is for sn@w showers!!!

I swear I didn't bring the cold here when I moved down, and I was really hoping for one year back in the "sunny South" to not see any of the white stuff.

brrrrr! Bundle up down there in FL.
mikie
(who thankfully has 3 cocker spaniels when it's a 3-dog night ;) and an electric blanket!)

*as a Southerner and a Coke drinker, the only curse words that I refuse to say or write in my house are P&Psi and sn@w!  :P
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:10:55 pm »

I feel you Ray.  I went to bed last night fully clothed with the thermastat turned all the way up and I still damn near froze.  It was 22 degrees here in Sebring last night.. this sucks!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:35:28 pm »
This is getting annoying; and supposedly is going to last a few days longer.  There may even be some snow somewhere in Florida according to the forecast (I presume Jacksonville or perhaps the panhandle). 

This Miami "winter" is colder than any I have experienced in my 14 years of being down here.  My house feels like a freakin' crypt. 

Tom, remember how most silly heads down here would put on extra-heavy coats whenever the temp dropped to like 60 degrees?  Now I'm seeing people wearing gloves, earmuffs, and all sorts of items you'd expect to see in Helsinki or Siberia.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:57:37 pm »
[quote author=livebythemoon link=topic=30674.msg375177#msg375177 date=1262921728
Tom, remember how most silly heads down here would put on extra-heavy coats whenever the temp dropped to like 60 degrees?  Now I'm seeing people wearing gloves, earmuffs, and all sorts of items you'd expect to see in Helsinki or Siberia.
[/quote]

Yes I do. :D  I was one of them actually..  I always hear most Floridians say their best clothes are their winter clothes. Hard to explain when we hardly even have a winter... well of course except for this year.

Thinking about getting one of those big 55 gallon barrels and starting a fire in the living room. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »

I should move to Alaska; heard the temps there were a balmy 35 degrees.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:09:08 pm »
Do they even put heaters in homes outside of the panhandle?

Oh, and it's going down to 16℉ here Saturday night so count your blessings.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:12:42 pm »
Yes I do. :D  I was one of them actually..  I always hear most Floridians say their best clothes are their winter clothes. Hard to explain when we hardly even have a winter... well of course except for this year.

Thinking about getting one of those big 55 gallon barrels and starting a fire in the living room.  

LOL... careful there...

I'm glad my mum's house has a fireplace (I always wondered why the heck they would build such a thing in a Miami home).  We plan to use it this weekend.

I like this weather, I get to finally wear my jackets.  I don't do the whole winter wardrobe thing though.

*giggle*

Snow predicted in Melbourne this Saturday!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=28.082905534508924&lon=-80.62591552734375&site=mlb&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

You are getting a kick outta this, aintcha?  Don't be jealous... in two weeks at most we'll go back to melting from the heat and seeing people walking down the street half nekkid.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 11:14:28 pm »

Oh, and it's going down to 16℉ here Saturday night so count your blessings.

My home has central air with heat, however Philicia when I was looking at homes up here a few years back I was a little surprised how many homes did not have heat.  My central air is struggling right now just to keep the temp at 74.  Can't wait to see the electric bill this month.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »
I heard it even went down to 45F in Havana one night this week.  That's kind of unheard of.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 11:22:31 pm »
I heard it even went down to 45F in Havana one night this week.  That's kind of unheard of.

Now that is crazy.  Maybe that crappy movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' or whatever is gonna become a reality.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 11:26:30 pm »
Now that is crazy.  Maybe that crappy movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' or whatever is gonna become a reality.

Yeah, I read it in the Miami Herald but now that I'm googling around it seems to be the only place that said this -- no wonder they're going out of business.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 11:52:42 pm »
Yeah, I read it in the Miami Herald but now that I'm googling around it seems to be the only place that said this -- no wonder they're going out of business.

LMAO...  Where is Edwin Pope when you need him?  Wonder what they'll do with the Miami Herald building when they do shut down.  The damn thing takes up an entire block right in one of the busiest areas of Miami.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 11:57:07 pm »
That biased rag is so mediocre that you have to question a lot of the things they print.  They are as reliable and professional as channel 7 news (Fox down here -- they are to blame for that hack Rick Sanchez).

I was reading recently that they had let go a significant number of people, and that many (if not most) of those who they kept only got to stay after a substantial pay cut.  Very sad.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:02:15 am »
Aren't they located on Biscayne Blvd where all the male hookers are?  Or did they clear those boys out by now.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 12:03:17 am »
That biased rag is so mediocre that you have to question a lot of the things they print.  They are as reliable and professional as channel 7 news (Fox down here -- they are to blame for that hack Rick Sanchez).

I can't believe they are letting ole Rick report the news still.  I don't know if you were down there about twenty years ago, but Rick Sanchez decided to drive himself home one night after an after hours party and in his drunken stupor ran over a guy and killed him.....  I think he even left the scene to boot!

Only in Miami !!!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11:24 am »

Aren't they located on Biscayne Blvd where all the male hookers are?  Or did they clear those boys out by now.

I know when I lived at the Tudor Hotel in the 90's they were all over Collins Avenue, which you probably already know is east of Biscayne across the bay.  It's much different there now though..  If you go to Biscayne you are taking your life in your hands, especially in the downtown area.  Collins and the S. Beach area of course went through it's little renaissance movement.  It's now a little mecca for partying and the likes.. and the once rat infested motels are called 5 star resorts now making it economically hard to get a piece inside 4 walls while smelling the ocean.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 12:22:56 am »
I can't believe they are letting ole Rick report the news still.  I don't know if you were down there about twenty years ago, but Rick Sanchez decided to drive himself home one night after an after hours party and in his drunken stupor ran over a guy and killed him.....  I think he even left the scene to boot!

Only in Miami !!!

I was up North back when that happened, but I know the story.  I have actually met the man himself (I would say 10 or 11 years ago); my brother's then girlfriend was working on a bit of news at some restaurant and they had to interact/deal with him for some reason.  He is one nasty pig (and eats like one.).  Anyhow... I digress...

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 12:25:53 am »

I think all of our lovely hookers have been relocated to South beach.  All the construction that they did in that Biscayne area displaced many (if not all) of them.

I guess cold nights like this one must be rough for them working gals and boys.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 12:37:46 am »
ugh... it's snowing here now

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 01:00:08 am »
thank goodness. it's still 33 here, so it's just drizzling rain. But Canton/Youngstown is getting another 5 inches by tomorrow night and it's snowing there now.  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 01:42:26 am »

This is ridiculous, I've got a T-shirt on with a long sleeve sweater over that, along with a houserobe and I am still freezing my ass off. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 06:31:47 am »
Oh, ya wimps.  We've got 30 inches of snow here, with more snow predicted for the next couple days.  So, I feel no sympathy for people who have to live with chilly temps, but no snow.

But of course, I keep thinking about my sister's offer of moving to Phoenix.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 07:15:24 am »
I was thinking the same thing, Betty.  Our high today is 18F with windchills averaging -10F.  That's stinkin' cold even for us.  We've got a couple of feet on the ground now with another 6 inches or so dropping today.  Our mountain counties will end up having 5ft before it's all over.  Thankfully, we're supposed to have SUN by Monday.  Temps will still be below or just at freezing, but at least the snow will stop (for a few days).

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline john33

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 07:22:46 am »
i'm glad i'm not over there; always felt the cold easily and -7C brrrrrrrr

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 07:50:46 am »

We have central heat and air also.  The upstairs is nice and toasty, can't seem to get the downstairs comfortable. The kitchen is the worse.  Tomorrow I will have to set the thermostat up a couple notches ! supposed to get only into the mid 40's I've been down here close to 30 years and can't remember a stretch of cold, that lasted this long.

Ray 8)

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 09:40:16 am »
Will the cold kill some of Florida's mosquitoes?

Offline minismom

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 10:17:17 am »
No central heat or air here.  We have nasty floor board heaters that blow hot air right out our drafty windows.  We've switched them out this year for room heaters on thermostats that are doing a much better job at keeping our tootsies nice and toasty and the rooms at a constant 65F.  Downstairs we run the fireplace.  Kids tend to strip down to their skivvies on the way down, and put back on their snowsuits on the way back up. ;)

Our electric bill last month was still more than our mortgage :o 

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:01 am »

Mum

I got the same problem Mum and it really sucks.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 10:56:28 am »
ah! yet another reason I can add to my list for moving back South. ;D

Having a gas bill more than your house payment is just par for the course for living in Ohio from the months of Dec through March. In a bad year, it can be that way from Oct to May! If it wasn't for federally-funded heating assistance programs a lot of people in the northern states would literally freeze to death.

you know too Mum, the kind of snowfall that you had is why during Nov to May if we couldn't fly between OH and the Carolinas, then my family and I just didn't see each other cause it could be just too dangerous to drive through the Appalachians in the winter. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 10:56:55 am »
Right when the cold started to hit, about October, a friend of mine gave me a radiator heater, which I keep in my kitchen.  In the living room, I have a tower heater that I bought right before Christmas with a temp-control on it.  That keeps things nice and warm in here.  

I'm sure you all who live in Florida are over all the cold you're having; you're used to warm.  It's like here in Hoosierville in the summer when the heat index gets to 112F, I can hardly stand it.  I hope things warm up for you guys.  
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 11:21:43 am »

Betty,

Funny thing about us Floridians is that we will bitch when it's too hot also...  This past summer my electric bill topped $500 for the first time ever.  Hell it's gotten to a point where I have to make life decisions every time I go to turn the AC on.....  should I turn it on and not eat next week?  should I not buy toilet paper so the house can be cool?  Should we eat chicken 24/7 so we run the A/C?

I have a feeling this month's electric bill will be brutal as well, I did not hear my central air unit shut off all this week.

Offline CapeCodder

• CapeCodder on the personals section.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 11:25:12 am »
I'm so glad that I moved back up North from Florida. I still have a home there but I would never want to live there on a full time basis. I go down on some weekends and for a mid winter vacation or two, but I really missed the change of seasons and the snow and the solitude of the Cape. its glorious here at this time of the year and year round, for that matter.
Find a guy who calls you handsome instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat or will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you're in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends and is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you. He's the guy who turns to his friends and says, 'That's The One!'

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 11:35:22 am »
We didn't get much snow at all last night -- maybe an inch.

And my heating and A/C comes to only 1/4 of my rent.

Offline john33

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 11:52:13 am »

Not sure of the costs in America, but in France it's so expensive i gave up on the convector heaters, and bought a Parafin heater, half the cost to run and FAR more efficient

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 09:03:23 pm »

Betty,

Funny thing about us Floridians is that we will bitch when it's too hot also... 

That's alright, I bitch about the snow and cold.  Never happy.  Well, yeah I was, when this last summer, it had a long stretch of being in the 70's.  That was sweet.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 12:18:23 am »
Since when is 27 degrees considered cold? That is balmy, shirttsleeve weather.

This is our forecast:

Local Text Forecast for
Aztec, NM (87410)

Weather for your life

Jan 8  Tonight
A few clouds. Low 2F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Jan 9  Tomorrow
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 37F. Winds light and variable.
Jan 9  Tomorrow night
A few clouds from time to time. Low 9F. Winds light and variable.

So, as you see, we are in a warming trend.

BRRRRR!

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline StacheBC

• Hello
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 12:28:37 am »
Meanwhile the soon to be host of the 2010 Winter games (Vancouver Canada)...  Forcast: Sunday highs of 8c / 52f, Monday 9c / 53f.

Go figure.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 03:43:34 am »

How dare you criticize Roland Emmerich!?   Only he and James Cameron are so brilliant no one dare edit their ouvres...  I'm still waiting for the sequel 'The Day After the Day After Tomorrow' showing how all us Yanquis fare further crowding the 3rd world.

The InterWeb weather says it's 27 degrees right now.   I find that very hard to credit.  How can anyone call this global warming?
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline fearless

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 06:35:03 am »
what i would give for a little cold weather right now. it's 10.30 pm and 30 celsius (that's 86 faranheit).
and, no, I do not have aircon (or heating for that matter). very few people here do.

86 is just too hot to sleep in. and it's muggy
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 06:47:50 am »
Not sure of the costs in America, but in France it's so expensive i gave up on the convector heaters, and bought a Parafin heater, half the cost to run and FAR more efficient

For the Yanks amongst us, paraffin = kerosene. When I first lived in the UK I thought when people said they had paraffin heaters that they were powered with paraffin wax. ::) :D John, I found when I used paraffin heaters, everything got mouldy from the excess moisture they put in the air. I now have oil-filled electric radiators and they're brilliant. No excess moisture, low-cost to run and you don't have to worry about them causing a fire due to falling over or something coming into contact with the fire/heat source. I have central heating now, but didn't for the first 17 years I lived here. I still use the oil-filled radiators at the beginning and end of the heating season when it's cold enough to want a bit of heat, but not so cold that the whole house needs to be heated.

We finally had some snow here on the Rock overnight on Mon/Tues. There's still snow on the ground which is extremely unusual here due to the proximity of the sea and all the salt in the air. It's been frosty cold and clear and until today, the sunshine hadn't really made a dent in the snow. I'm looking out my front window right now and it must be a little bit warmer today, because there's only a wee bit of snow left. My neighbour's snowman is still hanging in there though. This is the first time in the 20 winters I've been here that snow lasted more than 12 hours. Woo-hoo!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 06:16:57 pm »
Sign me Ticked in Tampa. :(
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2010, 07:16:34 pm »
LOL.  It's currently one degree warmer in Reykjavik, Iceland than it is in Miami.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

According to the weather channel it is 35 degrees now where I am and it also says it feels like 29 degrees, okey dokey on the specifics.  It's been raining all day, kind of makes me wonder if snow is a possibility tonight.  It lightly snowed in Lakeland earlier, that is one hour North of me.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 08:28:46 pm »
LOL.  It's currently one degree warmer in Reykjavik, Iceland than it is in Miami.

LOL.  Today has been extra cold. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2010, 09:28:33 pm »

Offline minismom

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 06:50:00 pm »
Since last Monday we were salivating over the promise of sun and increasing temps starting the 11th (tomorrow).  As soon as this morning the promise remained.  Yeah, well, they lied.  Now we're scheduled for another 2 - 3 inches starting tomorrow evening and ending some time Tuesday afternoon.  Wed. and Thurs. are supposed to be nice but no one is falling for that line again. Of course we're due for yet another "significant snow storm" this weekend.

I'd really like to get out of the house for more than running to the local IGA to restock the shelves between snow storms.  Looks like we're gonna miss 2 more nights of dance classes - I'll never hear the end of it from the kids.

Kids here haven't been to school since Dec. 18th.  Some went for a half day last Monday - long enough for their belated Christmas parties.  Our kids have had school.  We'll take our weather days when it's 75F and sunny.

Ann, at this rate, I'll come sleep in your garden shed.  At least I could get outdoors - even if it's just to dig a hole ;)

Mum (who can feel seasonal depression knocking on my door)
www.watoto.com

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 06:45:09 am »
Welll,...

It looks as though the worse is just about over.  Temps are supposed to get back up into the 60's and 70's by mid week :

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/1/11/568486.html?title=It

It's been especially tough on the Manatees and turtles :

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/1/7/567313.html

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/1/8/567317.html

Not sure how much of the citrus crop has been lost yet.  I am sure the reports will be out soon.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bmancanfly

• Medicare For All !
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 03:22:14 pm »
Damn.  My heat pump/AC just blew up and it's supposed to be 31 degrees F tonite.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.