Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 03:16:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Got the news 5 days ago!!!  (Read 5857 times)

Offline Urash77

• Positive guy from Istanbul
Got the news 5 days ago!!!
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »
Hey guys  :)
I had this nasty flu which did not go away for a month so i went to an internal diseases doctor, she was also concerned because she was the 3rd doctor i was seeing and other 2 tried all possible medicines. So she run HIV test and when i went to her office to learn the results she told me i am positive.
That was a bizarre moment, i did not fell anything and now i think  because i was shocked. I said OK and called a friend of mine who is HIV positive for years. I am so lucky to have him because he took me to correct doctors and told me what to do next, basically guided me.
Today is my fifth day and  since the process is really slow in Turkey i have to wait till 03 February for my detailed test result and to start the correct treatment.
So i go to work, use regular flue medicine, mostly sleep and try to adjust.
There is no big drama but many question marks in my mind. I do not wanna go hard on me and take the baby steps.
I hope i will sort things out and have a nice life like everyone else. I do not want this situation to alienate me from life&people and i do not want to think i deserve less than anyone else. But the first thing i want right away is to feel better because i really fell tired and sick now.
This is all i had to say for now and thank you for reading it  :)
Have a great journey with your own experience.
Urash

Be positive :)

Offline RapidRod

Re: Got the news 5 days ago!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »
Did the doctor do a confirmative test?

Offline Urash77

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »
Yes she did and was positive again. Now i am waiting for the result of Western blood test or something like this.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:24:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum Urash ! . You are not conclusively HIV positive until the western blot test is confirmed but I would not get my hopes up over the result changing .

Please feel free to post in this thread and discuss your situation with us until your are confirmed as HIV positive . Best of luck and again welcome to the forum .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Urash77

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »
Just find out i am HIV positive and friendship would be great.
So here me out and reach me :)

Thank you
Urash

Offline Urash77

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 03:31:40 pm »
Thank you Jeff G for the warm welcome  :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 03:38:00 pm »
Just find out i am HIV positive and friendship would be great.
So here me out and reach me :)

Thank you
Urash

The off topic forum is where we discuss anything other than HIV so I moved your post back into your thread in Just tested poz . While you are waiting for your confirmatory test why don't you stick to the I just tested poz you began until you can familiarize yourself with the forum . 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:42:17 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Urash77

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 03:49:12 pm »
Ohhh sorry Jeff G and thank you for correcting me. I guess i need time :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »
Ohhh sorry Jeff G and thank you for correcting me. I guess i need time :)

You will be just fine . It takes awhile to get used to the ins ond out of the forum but you will get there . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 08:41:54 am »
Urash, you'll find out there's a lot of support and information for you here. You're always welcome to ask questions. I'm glad you have an experienced HIV+ friend who can be of help as well.

I always suggest carrying a little pad to write down questions for your doctor when you have a checkup. That way you don't have to rely only on your memory when you are with your doctor.

Gradually you're going to see that life is going on and that as important as HIV is in it is by no means all your life will be about.

We're sorry you had to come here, but still we say WELCOME.

Keep us posted on how things are going, Urash.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.