Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:56:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 9/11 - Five Years Later  (Read 5282 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
9/11 - Five Years Later
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:43:45 pm »
Hard to believe it's been five years since that tragic day.   

Prayer for Peace on Earth

Send Thy peace O Lord, which is
perfect and everlasting,
that our souls may radiate peace.

Send Thy peace O Lord, that we
may think, act, and speak harmoniously.

may be contented and thankful for
Thy bountiful gifts.

Send Thy peace O Lord, that amidst
our worldly strife, we may enjoy Thy bliss.

may endure all, tolerate all, in the thought of
Thy grace and mercy.

Send Thy peace O Lord, that our lives
may become a Divine vision and in Thy light,
all darkness may vanish.

Send Thy peace O Lord, our Father and Mother,
that we Thy children on Earth may all
unite in one family.

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

On this day when we remember so many lives needlessly lost, my prayer is for peace and protection from harm for all our AIDSmeds Family.    And so it is....

Alan
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 09:46:28 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: 9/11 - Five Years Later
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 12:33:15 am »
Hi Alan

I just sat and watched the original footage on Fox news...I still can't believe the whole world watched this devastation in real time, I turned on the TV just as the second plane hit, it took me about 10 seconds to realise this was for real, I stayed up until 3 in the morning, too shocked to move....the horror and saddness came flooding back today.

My thougts and prayers are with all those who needlessly lost their lives and for the families left behind.

Hugs
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:02:59 am »
My prayers are for the lost ones and their families.

Offline Marshall

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 08:24:54 am »
My cousin, who was more like a sister, died in London attacks, so feel for the famillies, husbands, wives, friends, all over the world that had their world stolen from them 5yrs ago!

Marshall
You can never have enough friends!

Offline Cliff

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 08:38:01 am »
It doesn't seem like it was 5 years ago.  I don't think I'll ever forget that entire day/week.

I wish peace for the families and hope for the rebuilding of lower manhattan.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 10:05:01 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:33:54 pm by Iggy »

Offline Teresa

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 11:40:41 am »
My thoughts and prayers to all that lost loved ones in 9/11.
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline randym431

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 12:05:31 pm »
MSNBC played their original 2001 THE TODAY SHOW. Its still on now. It was just like re-living. Especially when the news first came in to the TODAY show, they all thought it was a small plane. Then they thought is was a flight control error sending planes into the towers. Re watching it all evolve, after what we now know 5 years later, it was very strange to re watch. We were so unprepared. All the firemen running BACK to the site after the second hit but not knowing the towers were going to both fall. wow! So sad!
I cant believe after 5 years this Bin Laden is still running around making videos and speeches.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 09:15:27 pm »
I was back at work just returning from Europe 2 days earlier on 4th and Broadway when the first one hit. Smoke was rising and the commentator was saying that the plane hit because someone was using their cd player and interfering with the navigation system. Already we knew it was bs and heard the roar of the second plane.

My mind cannot but think of the poetry of Frederico Garcia Lorca-  a gay Spaniard who lived in NY briefly in the  late 20's and died fighting in the Spanish Civil War.

"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 09:20:34 pm »

I had just got home from work that morning. I was on the computer a little while, when all of a sudden things started slowing way down on the internet. I was wondering what was going on. I finally gave up on the computer, turned it off, and turned on the TV. The first tower had already been hit. I continued watching as the second tower was hit , and when both trade centers came down.... :'(

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 10:40:07 pm »
Hey Ray

It is a day that was a big 'turning point' in my life.   I had gone back to work and given up disability in Jan of 2001, and my partner of 14 years left me in April....I was WORN OUT by September....then, on the 11th, the way our employer treated us, it cemented my decision to quit and go back on disability and move back to AL.

I was working for a construction company in Norcross, GA.   Our country was under attack, and this moron would not let us turn on the TV.   Kept going around all day trying to roust us back to our cubicles.....a real asshole, and you know I don't say that very often.   I turned in my resignation the next week.

I moved here on Oct 31st.   So far, I have not regretted that decision!

Hugs,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 11:35:34 pm »
I was working for the American Red Cross at the time, and by 2pm in the afternoon, we had 600 people in the parking lot wanting to give blood! People just wanted to do anything. It was very emotional.

Brian
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.