Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:58:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773207
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 525
Total: 528

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New York  (Read 4032 times)

Offline jay195

New York
« on: September 02, 2010, 11:49:51 am »
A big hi to everybody. I am going to be in New York soon.

Does anybody know of any kool places to go to dance where you don't have to stand in queues for ages to be able to get in.

We are going to be in Lexington Avenue, 48th street Manhattan.

Thanks in advance.                      Jay xx

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
Re: New York
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »
nextmagazine.net is a great resourse as to what is going on day by day in NYC gay scene.

It really depends on the night you are going out, the music you are into, the crowd you are into,  etc. 

Offline jay195

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:48:06 am »
Hi thanks for your reply. Sorry, I forgot to say I am female.

Jay xx

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:43:23 am »
LOL  Sorry Jay, I just assumed you were a man (and a gay one at that) based on your name...blame it on brainfog at work.

Maybe some of the ladies can help you out here, I have not been out to a heterosexual dance club...like ever :) 

There is so much to do in NY, you can probably just do some internet research and get some good ideas.  Citysearch.com is a frequently updated site that maps out clubs, restaurants, etc.

Have fun :)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:39 pm »
If you can catch Danny Tenaglia's monthly night at Pacha try to do so.

http://www.pachanyc.com/

I went in May and had a good time, though I was on the guest list and didn't have to deal with a line to get in, when I went the line didn't look that bad.

As far as the other DJs listed at that club for this month Oscar G is good.  This is a large, multi-level club and while it's not within walking distance of your hotel, it's not a far cab ride as it's directly across town at W. 46th St and 11th Ave.  Your cab fare will be less than $10 each way.

It's very straight and there were a lot of hot boys there.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:27 pm »
How was NYC? Did you love it?

Offline Jody

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 08:37:35 pm »
As a native New Yawka, I hope Jay had a nice, safe trip here.  I always try to be helpful to visitors but my knowledge of good dance clubs, or bad ones for that matter, could be placed on the head of a pin with enough room left for Bolivia!  I defer to Miss Philly in that area, and probably many others as well. ;)

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline jay195

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 05:27:53 pm »
Hi guys ! New York was ( as you Americans say ) awesome.

I had a great time visiting the sights, specially the Empire State Building,  and Ellis Island was so interesting.

We didn't get any clubbing done as we were so tired at the end of the day.

Everyone was so polite and helpful and I really felt at home there.It was as hot there as it was here, somewhere in the 80s which was ok as I took summer clothes with me.

We went to see "Chicago" on Broadway which was fantastic and we went to Virgil's in Time's Square to eat some xxl size ribs lol.

I want to visit New York again as I never got to visit Harlem and Madisson Square Garden was closed , also I want to eat at Balthazar's in Chinatown and have dinner at Marriot's and go to the top of the E.S.B.at night to see all the lights in the city mmmmmmmmmmmm.I am totally ( 

Offline jay195

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:46:06 pm »
Hi everybody ! New York was ( as you say over there ) AWESOME.

Everyone was so friendly and helpful,I didn't realize how nice you Americans are.

The weather was perfect we were there 6th Sept to the 14th Sept.

I specially liked the views from the top of the E.S.B. and Ellis Island was very interesting

I went to the trade centre to pay my respects on the 11th, it made me feel quite emotional.

I am planning on going again maybe at Easter as I never got to visit Harlem and also I want to eat at Balthazer's in Chinatown and go to the top of Marriot's for a drink or whatever, and visit the recreational area in Central Park.

We didn't do any clubbing as we were too freakin tired.I'll do that next time I am there

I would strongly recommend everybody to visit New York, and might I add I felt very safe,who wouln't with cops on every corner. lol

Jay xx

Offline Jody

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 09:27:25 pm »
Glad you had a nice time Jay, it sounds like you got to see some nice sites and shows and you were treated well.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 05:38:23 am »
Balthazar's is really great, but if you can score a table at Minetta Tavern go there (same owner, fresher scene -- more "old skool" New York and less Paris than Balthazar, though I love both).  Minetta is very celeb right now so you'll need to try and go early or very late.

http://www.minettatavernny.com/
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 01:28:34 pm »
I might saunter over to Eataly today, although it seems a bit overkill . . . as Cindy Adams would say, "only in New York, kids."

Jay, I'm so glad you had a good time and are planning to come back.

Offline jay195

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 06:40:22 pm »
You bet I'm going back.

Inch, I don't know you, ( as you also know ) what am I going on about  :-\ lol  but I sense you are a good person and you give me very good vibrations.

Jay xx

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:34 pm »
You bet I'm going back.

Inch, I don't know you, ( as you also know ) what am I going on about  :-\ lol  but I sense you are a good person and you give me very good vibrations.

Jay xx

Aww...same to you, baby.

By the way, I was at Eataly and it's a bit much. I mean, you can buy a skinned footless rabbit and a whole duck, in the heart of the Flatiron district! It makes no sense. I predict that after the initial novelty wears off it will start to go bankrupt and maybe only the more accessible parts will survive, such as the pizza and panini and pasta sections but not the butcher or the high end retail selling Kartel, etc.

New York needs to take it down a notch.

(I guess I should have put this in the Eataly thread that Miss P started). Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:25:11 pm by Inchlingblue »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.