Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:40:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 690
Total: 690

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My lymph node is painful and swollen. IT HURTS!  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Kilo

My lymph node is painful and swollen. IT HURTS!
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:30:14 pm »
It has been this way for two weeks so Ive been limping around
No work
No school
ITS THE SIZE OF A FREAKING GOLFBALL
And its the on on the left side of my pelvis...
I cant even masturbate :-[
I told my friends I pulled my hamstring to cover...
GOSH... I hate this
Maybe I just have a low tolerance for pain but last night I was really biting into my cover and crying.
I can only sleep in on position which is on my back because if I lay to either side or on my stomach (my normal sleeping position THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE)
And its been this way for two weeks
I have just been reminding myself that this is my struggle in life and so many ppl have been dealt worse cards
And just trying to stay optimistic
Soooooooooo...

ANYWAYS I am going to see the doctor in the morning.
MY QUESTION IS...  what treatment will I most likely have to go through.
Someone said it will have to be drained... which is scary to me.
Or is there some medicine...
I just need to able to walk again lol and get back to my normal life...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:32:16 pm by Kilo »

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: My lymph node is painful and swollen. IT HURTS!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:30:09 pm »
It
ANYWAYS I am going to see the doctor in the morning.

That would be the best thing to do. Let the doctor examine you, and then see what he says. Make sure to let him know how painful it is.

Good luck tomorrow---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:05:21 pm »
Pain tolerance varies but I have had needles in two of my enlarged lymph glands before.
It was uncomfortable but not OMG painful for me. I have several that are large but they dont bother me.
I did have the walnut sized one in my neck removed. Now that hurt.  :)

Good luck let us know how it goes.

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:16:50 pm »
Go to the Dr. PRONTO!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:30:03 am »
Yes, get to the doctor NOW.  This sounds like an abcess which will probably have to be drained. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ArisGreekSquared

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 10:44:04 am »
Yes, it could be an absess that needs to get drained.  I get lumps unerneath my arm pits sometimes because I guess I sweat sooo much that my lymphs get clogged. Doc said it has nothing to do with HIV but they hurt like hell when it does happen.  In the pits it has to drain through your sweat glands in your underarms. It's a pain...Is it subcutaneous what you have or is it pinky/purpley?   

They are painful...I had a pinodial absess which is similar and they numb you in that spot and drain it.  They then stick a wick in it so that it drains on the gauze wick.  You then have to pull it out after a day which can hurt a little but you take a warm bath to calm it down.  The good news is typically once you get it drained the pain subsides the following day. At least, it has for me and other people I know that it is happend to.

It's common to get..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:46:14 am by ArisGreekSquared »

Offline Kilo

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 03:05:55 am »
I got it drained.
I feel fine now. ;D
Thanks guys.

tendai

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:29 am »
now u can.... ;)

Offline ArisGreekSquared

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:28 am »
Yay! Glad you're feeling better, Kilo :)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 06:57:52 pm »
I got it drained.
I feel fine now. ;D
Thanks guys.

I bet it was quite a relief, to have it drained. Get that pressure out of there !! Glad to see that you had it taken care of.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »

Glad your doing better!

Offline Kilo

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 08:35:39 pm »
I bet it was quite a relief, to have it drained. Get that pressure out of there !! Glad to see that you had it taken care of.

Ray
It was a relief but the actually draining process HURT like hell.
And now Im healing...
Sucks but Im alive, right?

Offline ArisGreekSquared

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 08:40:52 am »
Did they not numb the area? They typically do....

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 08:57:41 am »
It was a relief but the actually draining process HURT like hell.

About 12 years ago, I had a small pea sized cyst on my lower back. By the time I had it removed, it was as round as a golf ball. And it hurt like hell. I couldn't lean on my back, let alone anyone touching it.

To make a long story short ( Sometimes I ramble),  I went to the dermatologist, removed my shirt ( very carefully I might say) , and I layed on my stomach.

The thing that was painful ( to me) was the three needles that I was stuck with to numb it. I was flapping around like a fish out of water, on that table.  :o

She then proceded to open it up, and let it drain, besides removing some tissue matter from my back, that filled a small baby food jar, half full ! By the time she was through , it took two feet of gauze to fill in the cavity she created.  :o Anyway , it healed very fast, but your right, it is painful

Take care----Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 09:52:49 am »
When I was a teenager I had a cyst in my bottom lip the size of a pea. I had it removed immediately. It didnt hurt much. I wish I had taken pictures with the cyst in there I had Angelina Jolie lips LOL
Or maybe I had Melanie Griffith lips, yikes. :o
My bottom lip is kinda full naturally but with the cyst it was seriously full.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 04:55:36 pm »
I got it drained.
I feel fine now. ;D
Thanks guys.
How did you got it drained?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.