Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:44:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 459
Total: 460

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: WELL, YOU ASKED, JUST NOT RECENTLY..........(but WAIT!.. there's more)  (Read 9281 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
A long time ago, when I was sharing the things that I do to remain independent, and still have some cash flow; I told you all that I made Christmas Stockings, that look like Cowboy Boots.  (Ronald, keep it down please).  I thought that I would share with you all, some of my handiwork.  My sweetie designs them and I cut them out and assemble them.  Their base is denim, and they take about a day or two to make.  They are strong enough to hold a load of Craftsmen Tools, and light enough to hold a diamond or two.  I will let the photos speak for themselves, and then answer questions about the specific ones that light your fancy.  I need to sell some now, as I am not going to be able to afford Montreal if I don't get some cash flow going.  Please PM me if you are interested in purchase.  Their prices go from $35 all the way up to $100 for the ones that have lights and gold or silver thread.  Hold the phone KC and Trish.......Yes I do use real gold thread which costs about $15 to $20 a spool and most of the spool goes into one boot.  A true bargain in this day of plastic everything.

Enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:12:13 am by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: WELL, YOU ASKED, JUST NOT RECENTLY..........
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:04:55 pm »
BUT..........WAIT.................. THERE'S....................MORE
Since this format will only let you place four attachments here, I am placing a few more here for your pleasure.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lynn Lavne

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 03:09:43 pm »
Those are really nice looking Tim! I especially like the one of the cowboy on the rocket.

How long does it take you to make one?

Dan

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:31:57 pm »
Some of the easier ones take a day, but the more complex ones, like the Rocketman, take up to three days.  There is loads of detail involved, and all the stiching is double thickness, and there are no gaps at all in the applique stiching.

The rocket man is made from worn denim body, silver lame moon, and the background material is cotton shirt print fabric.  The streamers, or exhaust of the rocket, are ribbons that are free-flowing and attached only at the tail of the rocket. The stars and all the detail stiching was done in a silver metalic thread, so it took a very long time.  This one lives in Denver, with my adopted son.  As you can see, many don't have Christmas themes, and several have been made using rainbow colors.

Thanks for asking. 
Lynn Lavne

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 04:40:33 pm »
WHOA.
You MADE those? They're gorgeous. And they look so perfect and like. I dunno. The designs are ALL beautiful and I love the colors and everything about them.

You're talented.  :o

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:41:57 pm »
Love them Tim, but how long do I have to hold it?

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 05:45:02 pm »
Thank You Jaser, I admire your very good taste. ;D

and John, you can breathe now.  Tee Hee.

IN Love.
Lynn Lavne

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 08:20:41 pm »
Hi Tim

I love those boots..my favourite one is the last one with the three wise men,and  I love the colors...your are a man of many talents....how much do they cost?

((hugs))

Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 10:04:53 pm »
Thanks Jan,

The one you like is a depiction of two Native American women and a man.  All are looking to the Star in the east, made of silver lame, and stiched with silver thread.  The dark foot and crown are made of a green vinyl swede, so it looks like leather.  I also make this one using leather, and it is priced at $55.  This is one of the hottest designs, and is priced at $45 American.  It takes a load of very fine detail stiching, but is a really fun one.  There are others, and I will add some tomorrow.

In Love.
Lynn Lavne

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 10:38:04 pm »
They are all beautiful Tim, you do great work !
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 10:51:26 pm »
Okay I want 4

1 for my mother n 1 for my brother included

Can you ship?

- matt

(Now listening to Blue: Sorry Sems to be the Hardest Word n 3 bottles of wine down)
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 11:38:34 pm »
Tim...

These really are nice.  They're beautiful.  Just which ones are available.  Do you have more? I love the torquoise.  For sure I want 1, maybe 2....

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 11:47:02 pm »
Those are beautifu!  You do very nice work.  I'm sure you'll be getting quite a few orders from the forums.
Member since March 2004

Offline randym431

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 12:16:03 am »
WOW, those look fantastic! And what an idea, especially for those southern folk. Do I hear eBay anyone?
These should be a true Christmas novelty. I'm always amazed at talented people. Wish I was one...
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 03:24:22 pm »
Tim!!

Oh how gorgeous! I love them all, honey..........you've described them to me over the phone for months, but to see them is worth 1,000 words!     

Like our Jan, I adore the purple one with the star! All the colors are wonderful, and it is SO obvious how much work goes into making them!

Lovely, honey, just lovely!!

Your Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 11:21:42 am »
OK, Let me do this right....

Jan, Yes I can take some to Montreal.  You all know what kind of stuff I can get through customs, based on the inventory of my suitcase last time.  35 Condom Long Stem Roses, was quite a shock to those with the x-ray machines at the airport.  This will be a breeze.  Also, it is important to note that I don't have all these in stock, they are photos of some of the many we have produced.  Each and every one we have ever made was different than the last in color and fabric, but the patterns pretty much stay the same.  I can use any color/fabric you would like, or simply reproduce one of these samples.

Matt, Your interest is titillating.  I would be glad to oblige your order, and I will simply ship them to either you at home, or where you work.  UPS shipping and delivery is sometimes cheaper and more efficient when sent to a company.  Up to you, my friend.  With this post, I am also placing some more examples, but there are more patterns, I just don't have them photographed, or made up yet.  One I am looking forward to making is a Native American Pueblo home, made of print fabric, suede, leather, denim and some silver.  Please PM me, and we will discuss your desiresssss......

Robert, I can make any of these, and like above, in just about any medium possible.  I don't work in Latex, as I can't stand the fumes, but Latex can be fun.  Tee Hee.  Get in touch with me, and we will "firm" up your desires.

Ted E Bear, Thanks for the compliment.  The orders will happen when they are supposed to happen.  ;D

Randy, We all have talents of some sort or another, we should never envy anything that others have, as we were not supposed to have what they have, only what we are capable of doing.  I know you have talents that I might envy, but I must not, just do what I can do, as good as I possibly can.  Thanks for the comments.

Zephyr,  "Told Ya"  Tee Hee.  ;D

P.S.  The last boot here, #11, is one that is made as a "loose" reproduction of Elizabeth Taylor's Cowboy Boots.  Hers of course are leather, and they have no less than 19 diamonds inlaid into the pattern.  I use sequins, and the rest of the fabric is White Satin, and I use both the front of the satin, and the reverse.  Thus the reflective portions, and the matt finish portions.(Sorry, this is not the one that used satin on both sides, this is the one that had the front of the satin, and the rest is silver lame.  Just reviewed the post and found this mistake.)  All the stitching is done with silver thread.  I have made two of these and have given both away as gifts.  They are a royal pain in the ass to make, and I charge $75 for them if made for sale.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 09:14:11 am by Moffie65 »
Lynn Lavne

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 09:10:29 am »
;D

(bumped, just because I want to, and Matty hasn't given me his opinion yet ;D )
Lynn Lavne

Offline Longislander

Re: WELL, YOU ASKED, JUST NOT RECENTLY..........(but WAIT!.. there's more)
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 10:24:45 pm »
They look awesome Tim. My PM has been sent.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline cph9680

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 10:36:22 pm »
Nice job Moffie, quite the artiste'

Corey

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 12:23:17 am »
I hope this works..this is the gift that Moffie gave me in Montreal, as you can see (I hope) I have it hanging beside the "Desiderata' in my little computer office.

Order one now..they really are beautiful.

Hugs
Jan :-*

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:27:25 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 07:34:35 am »
Hello Tim,

You've got quite the talent there !! I like the eagle soaring . Thats my favorite !!

Totally excellant....           ----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 08:19:10 am »
Tim.........

I just came across this thread for the first time.  They look great....With Christmas coming up
you and I need to chat soon.  Best of luck in your enterprise........

Hugs & Giggles  :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 09:07:16 am »
Well, Guys,

Seems like it is time for me to get busy and start production up once again.  I had very little response to this post the first time out, so I sorta filled my time with other things.  Looks like I will have to get busy over the next few months and start to make some more. 

Unfortunately, I lost my order sheet from Montreal in the trip home, so I will do my best to make up what was ordered and then try to remember who made which order.  Anyway, I will work this through PMs so that it will keep this thread clean.

Now I must answer a few PMs I recieved while I was recouperating from this cold.  For those of you who have commented about using E-bay, I also agree that it would be a good outlet, the only problem with that is the production end.  These are very detail oriented, so the quality might suffer if I had to go into production, hire people, and rent a space to do it.  Unfortunately, I just don't have the ability to make them by the hundreds, so they will remain very scarce to the population at large.  Each one is marked with our logo which is a deritive of our names; "Bo-Ti Creations".

Now I guess I need to get my ass busy!

Thanks for the interest, it is inspiring.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 09:35:21 am »
Hi Tim!

Just an idea about eBay...

You could always put the boots you have that aren't already attached to orders on auction - as and when you have one available. In the item description area, you could mention that they are handmade one-offs and so very rare indeed. That could very well make the bids go higher for a single item than it would if you were trying to mass produce them.

Just a thought!

Hugs,
Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 09:58:32 am »

I wonder if Trish placed an order if Moffie would honor it...

Hey Tim do you make any in brown  colored boots? :D

In love and admiration ::)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 10:22:49 am »

How about a nice brown pair with steel toes....  I'll call them my ass kicking boots!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Christine

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 11:15:39 am »
Hi Tim,
They are really nice. Do you sell them at craft shows? They are very unique, and I bet people would love them at the craft shows.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Trish

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 12:14:32 am »
Ooops...
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Robert

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2006, 01:03:43 am »
tim.....

they're beautiful.  I would like

1:  the a depiction of two Native American women and a man.  All are looking to the Star in the east, made of silver lame, and stiched with silver thread.

2:  the bear on turquiose

thanks
robert

Offline Biggums

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 02:50:09 am »
nice work buddy..................how much heads up time in order for christmas gift?
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 11:56:36 pm »
  I wonder if Trish placed an order if Moffie would honor it...

In love and admiration ::)

Thomas, I love you.
*snicker*
Boys are Stupid

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.