Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question about having to skip dosage of meds..  (Read 2677 times)

Offline skeebo1969

Question about having to skip dosage of meds..
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:05:09 pm »

My wife and I recently moved to another state and our previous employers have been a little slow getting us our final paychecks.  With the move and the expenses that followed we fell a little short.

We won't be able to afford our copays for meds till this Friday.  We are both on Truvada and Viramune.  We have plenty of Viramune but tonight will be the last dose of Truvada.  I'm not too worried about it because both our Cd4 counts are 900+.

What I am wondering though is if we should continue the Viramune, or stop both together?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline LiveWithIt

Re: Question about having to skip dosage of meds..
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »
Have you tried any other way, such as putting the copay on a credit card?  Contacting local HIV doctors offices and seeing if they have a way to get you a sample dose for a few days, or ask your pharmacy if they can even spot you a few days of your medicine?  I know you moved, but if it's a chain pharmacy with long time patronage they may be able to help you, and it can't hurt to reach out for help.

Also try to find an HIV health center if one is around or a group.  I know that some people may have an extra dosage around.  I know that when I was getting my meds paid for that I would try to get them a few days early each month and I eventually built op an extra month's supply.  If you were in my area I would be happy to give you and your wife enough Truvada to hold out until Friday, maybe other people in your area would be too. 

Or try contacting the manufacturer to see if they can steer you to a place where they can get you what you need for a few days. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:22:49 pm by LiveWithIt »
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:27:37 pm »
Have you tried any other way, such as putting the copay on a credit card?  Contacting local HIV doctors offices and seeing if they have a way to get you a sample dose for a few days, or ask your pharmacy if they can even spot you a few days of your medicine?  I know you moved, but if it's a chain pharmacy with long time patronage they may be able to help you, and it can't hurt to reach out for help.

Also try to find an HIV health center if one is around or a group.  I know that some people may have an extra dosage around.  I know that when I was getting my meds paid for that I would try to get them a few days early each month and I eventually built op an extra month's supply.  If you were in my area I would be happy to give you and your wife enough Truvada to hold out until Friday, maybe other people in your area would be too. 

Or try contacting the manufacturer to see if they can steer you to a place where they can get you what you need for a few days.

I appreciate the advice, but I'm ok with the situation.  We never miss doses, so I really think we would be fine.  But, I just wonder if I should stop both together.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:31:51 pm »
I appreciate the advice, but I'm ok with the situation.  We never miss doses, so I really think we would be fine.  But, I just wonder if I should stop both together.

Call your former HIV doctor or their nurse and ask them. 
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 04:47:06 pm »
Ask the pharmacist. I'll bet he or she can make some magic happen for you to tide you over and answer your question.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 04:58:39 pm »
If you have enough, continue the Viramune. It will stop the virus waking up in the odd few days without the extra drugs. Emeraldise makes a sensible and perhaps magic suggestion.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.