Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:37:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 475
Total: 478

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My lipoatrophy Page  (Read 47602 times)

Offline bobino

Re: My lipoatrophy Page
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 12:32:27 am »
Hey DCGuy,

Well, handsome, to answer one of your questions, the stuff has been approved here in the U.S. under the brand name Artefill.  The only problem is that it's obscenely expensive.  I think the material itself goes for something like $1,200 to $1,400 per vial, and most people will need a hell of a lot more than one vial.  So for the price of a few vials, you can: (1) fly to Rio, (2) stay in a nice hotel near the beach, (3) and receive a complete treatment from Dr. Serra, who appears to be a pioneer at using this stuff and is one of the world's leading experts on PMMA.  To me, it's a pretty easy decision.

John
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:59:33 pm by bobino »
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 04:20:31 am »
ok thanks for the information  :)

Offline hartiepie

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 09:34:18 am »
After reading many posts on the Net and Gymrat’s experience on his web page, I really wanted to address my lipo. I did just what Gymrat did and investigated current practitioners around the world along with their prices. After getting estimates from several sources outside of the States, I visited Dr Serra’s clinic in Rio de Janeiro for treatment with PMMA.

Gymrat’s web page really is the experience I had, too. The clinic and staff were just as he described, and Dr Serra was personable and patient with my questions.

The procedure did have some pain, and the after-effects did bruise a little, but frankly, I have experienced worse pain from infected molars.

I ended up with 20 cc of PMMA in my face and another 78 cc in the butt cheeks. Costs: $4400. I took a fabulous room looking over the ocean – I have never done such a thing, being a Super8 Hotel kind of person— so with airfare, meals and hotel, the total was about $7000 for a 7-day trip and vacation.

I went with a group of people who all met up there in Rio de Janeiro to address their lipo issues with Dr Serra. I was so grateful for the help of the organizer of the trip since I do not speak Portuguese and he was very helpful orienting all of us to the city and the clinic, too.

Even though the Puritan in me said I should not pay to have plastic surgery (Vanity!), I did not listen. I was just too self-conscious after receiving many comments about my face as well as discomfort while sitting at my job all day. This was very worth it to me. So much so that I am returning January 08 for my second treatment and (if the exchange rate does not change much) will cost less since less product will be needed and I will take a cheapo hotel room this time.

I did this in October of 2007, BTW.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:00:07 am by hartiepie »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 11:07:55 pm »
How are your results now. Thanks again for sharing. Sorry if I am asking questions you have already answered?

I'm still very happy with the results. I've not had any complications and my face is still full. The best part is I don't feel self conscious anymore and don't think about having lipoatrophy.

Hartiepie, I'm very glad to hear you had a good experience, both with Dr. Serra and as a vacation. Going with a group must have been fun. I hope Dr. Serra is doing well.

Offline Pepino2

• Facial wasting need not be...Teach PMMA!
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2007, 10:23:51 pm »
Ok I feel better now..:)

I met with Dr. Marcio Serra in Sao Paolo 10 days ago on a Saturday morning.  He practices 2 days a week at a collegues office.  Both of them are leaders in this field in Brazil.

The SP clinic is totally clean and cool.  50 metres away from Hotel Mercure - Times Square in Moema (10 minutes from congognas airport).

13.5cc cost me 850$.  No bruising in my case. Pain was minimal as he first applies local anestesia.  Certainly no worst than Dental work can be.

Immediately you see the results.  The product is Metacryl.  Produced and approved in Brazil. No animal collagen content ....all synthesized.

Collagen builds up over 3 months at which time I will go for tune up.  Honestly ...it may not even be necessary.

I am REALLY happy with the result.

Pep
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:27:47 pm by Pepino2 »

Offline LES Jake

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 01:56:14 pm »
Your post has given me hope. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing my face without body fat. Will look further into this process.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.