Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:11:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773208
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 570
Total: 572

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I am really worried, please help!  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Andy_80

I am really worried, please help!
« on: July 17, 2009, 11:54:33 am »
Hi!

I am really worried! Last weekend I went to a strip club and ordered a private show. I was really drunk and do not know exactly what happened and in which order. I know for sure that I never took of my pants and my mouth was never in direct contact with her clitoris.

I remember that she touched herself and immediately after that she put her finger in my mouth. Her nail may have scratched something inside my mouth. Was there enough time for the virus to die during this short time when her finger came out of the clitoris and went into my mouth?

She licked my eye for some time. Before this she had probably put her own fingers in her mouth so her fluids have probably gotten into my eye.

She also tongue kissed me. I understood from other posts that kissing is not risky, but I mention it here anyway, since she may have scratched me inside the mouth before.

I also want to mention that my mouth was probably not in good condition, since I had been drinking a lot of whisky that day and smoked some cigars.

Am I at risk? If I am, what are my chances?

I called a number for some help from a doctor (not specialized in STD:s). I forgot to mention about the “finger in my mouth” thing and only told her about the kissing and licking my eye. She said that there is no real risk for HIV but there is a risk for other diseases. She said that if I don’t notice anything strange in my eye or mouth within 2 weeks, I am ok. Does this make any sense? How does the “finger in my mouth” thing change my situation? I cannot call back to the doctor since they are closed on Fridays and weekends.

Thank you for your help!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: I am really worried, please help!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:13:25 pm »
Andy,

The "finger in mouth" thing doesn't change a thing. You were absolutely NOT at risk for hiv during your visit to the strip club. Sexually speaking, the ONLY true hiv risks are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER YOUR STRIP-CLUB EXPERIENCE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy_80

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 02:54:46 pm »
Thank you for your answer. Just to make sure I understood everything correct, are you saying that: If this woman had HIV and she put her finger in her vagina (maybe scratched off some skin) and then within 2-3 seconds put it in my mouth and scratched my gum, tongue or some other part, there would still not be any risk for me getting HIV?

I know that this website is about aids, but I would really appreciate it if you could give me some info about the chances of me getting the other std:s like syphilis or gonnorea?

Thank you very much!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 03:43:05 pm »
Andy,

Even if you put your mouth directly on her vagina, you still would NOT have had a risk for hiv infection. Even if she scratched your mouth with vaginal fluids on her finger, you were NOT at risk for hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really, really, REALLY is that simple!

The only thing you were at risk for during your strip club experience was paranoia and guilty feelings. Now give it up and get on with your life. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy_80

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:00:23 pm »
Thank you so much for your help. I hope I am not bothering you with another stupid question. I managed to relax for two days, but now I got a little worried about one thing.

I have read that if a person has other diseases in addition to HIV, he/she is much more likely to infect other people. Today I realized that I may have been infected with oral herpes. I remember now that the stripper was pretty rough and scratched the inner side of my lip (the under one), and immediately licked my lip after that. I know that there was no real cut that I could still see today, but I know that it did hurt when it happened and I may have tasted a little bit of blood in my mouth.

So now I wonder how this changes my risk, now that we know that she was more infectious (more hiv virus in her saliva) due to the herpes and now that I remember this detail that she scratched my lip and licked it afterwards. 

I am sorry that I did not write this in the first post because I did not remember it then. Now I remember mostly everything and I am still 100% sure I never took off my pants.

Is there any risk for hiv now? Do I need to take an hiv test?

Thank you!

Andy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »
This is more what ifs. Plus you have heard wrong.

You don't even know that you have herpes. See your doctor about that if you are really concerned. And in any case, even if you picked that up during the recent encounter it still doesn't change the no risk for HIV in the situation.

It isn't the person who has HIV who is more likely to be infectious with other diseases. It is someone who is having an active outbreak of other STDs who is potentially more susceptible to HIV because their immune system is possible weakened.

These latest details you are throwing into the mix don't change the validity of what Ann has said to you. And just because your mind may come up with more of the same still doesn't change that you had a no-risk encounter. Period. End of story.

Andy Velez

Offline Andy_80

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 08:23:41 pm »
Thanks for all your help!

Unfortunately it is not so easy for me to just forget about this thing and continue living a normal life. Every now and then I come up with another "what if" or start thinking about the theoretical risk of my experience, so I decided to take a test anyway.

I called a medical center and asked about different hiv tests, and they recommended to take both an antibody and antigen test. They said that usually people take it 1 month after exposure and then again 3 months after exposure. Now I have read from various sources that the antigen test must be taken 1-3 weeks after exposure, otherwise it is too late.

So my question is now that when should I take this combo test and what is the reliability? 18 days have now passed since my exposure. I don't want to miss an opportunity to test and then have to wait 1-2 months or something to get as reliable results. I just want to know as early as possible with as good reliability as possible.

Thanks again!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »
Move on. You have been told over and over that you were never at risk of contracting HIV.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.