Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:05:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 697
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 391
Total: 391

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hurting  (Read 3677 times)

Offline keepinmyhedup

• from struggle comes strenght
Hurting
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:57:35 pm »
hi I'm 24 and tested HIV positive 3 years ago i was sexually assaulted by a family member who recently passed way with aids I'm scared and do not have health insurance to pay for this stressful journey its just not something i can tell the whole world u know and there are times when i just dint want to get out of bed i really need help I'm getting scared its not fair i did not even press charges because i did not want to bring issues in my already crazy family but i really need some help right now.

Offline tednlou2

Re: Hurting
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:28:42 am »
Welcome to the forums.  I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting.  I was diagnosed about 3 and half years ago, after getting very ill.  It has been an uphill road, full or so many emotions and fears.  Have you looked into ADAP, since you don't have insurance?  Have you had labs done recently?  If not, it very important that you begin to get labs done. 

Here in Louisville, the university runs an HIV clinic.  If you don't have income, you can get free doctor visits and labs.  There is even a free dental program.  They also have a therapist for free.  If you do have some income, I still think you have to make a decent amount before they charge you some fee.  Of course, they don't provide free HIV meds.  You have to sign up for ADAP for that.

I am very sorry to hear a family member betrayed you and did something so awful.  I had an uncle betray me, when I was 12.  It is something I've never talked about here, or even to my therapist yet.  At the end of my last session, I told him there was something that we needed to start discussing in future sessions.  I blamed myself for many years, and then was just too embarrassed to talk about it.  I've only briefly talked about it with my partner.  Perhaps if you can touch base with your closest HIV/AIDS organization (ASO), they can get you into care.  And, also get you in touch with a therapist at no charge, or small fee.

Keep in touch and keep your head up, like your name says.  I know that is easier said than done, often times.

Ted       

Offline keepinmyhedup

• from struggle comes strenght
Re: Hurting
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 12:47:04 am »
thank you and know i dont know about any assitence i have not started any meds i just smoke a lot of weed which i know is not good but is not causing any harm it takes a lot of the nausea away and keeps me hungery i have kept this a secret for 3 years but im starting to get pretty but im scared what if it gets out that i have hiv i live in a small town but i will google local assitance thanks for info what will they do to me im scared with all the meds and labs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.