Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:56:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 634
Total: 636

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I Infected?  (Read 2713 times)

Offline jamesvalo

• Standard
Am I Infected?
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:53:47 am »
Thanks in advanced for reading my story it means a lot to me and I apologize in advanced for having such a long story.  I get only 3 posts so hey I gotta make them count so here it goes!

Risk : Unprotected vaginal intercourse multiple times with multiple ejaculations into her just one day April 21st

Week 1 after exposure felt unwell and noticed something wasn't right.  Worried thought of recent exposure and was given an hiv rapid antibody test which came back negative.  Too Early I Know!

Week 3 after exposure started coming down with a flu, noticeably horrible fatigue, started having mild malaise couldn't really concentrate so well and noticed my scrotum had started to flake skin off and was a bright red oh and I also had horrible night sweats that soaked my pillow completely.  Testicle pain was one of the worst pains because it was this dull ache that came and went.  I had also started breaking out on my neck and face with flat red spots  Went to my GP and he wrote an order for an rpr for syphilis, gonnerha, clamadya.  He also performed a bubble in my skin for tb and the usual rapid hiv antibody test.  Every thing had again came back negative.  At this point I had confronted the woman who I engaged sex with and told her to accompany me to the hiv clinic to be tested.  I was very lucky because she was worried but also concerned about my recent ailment.  She was tested with an oraquick advanced hiv 1/2 test which came back negative.

Week 5 after exposure I had started developing oral candida which was later confirmed week and half later.  I also broke out on my penis area and scrotum which later had disappeared on there own.  I went to my GP who wrote an order for the p24 antigen ag/ab combo test which again came back undetected.  He had also ordered an ultrasound which by the radiologist was confirmed normal and healthy.  I was ordered another test which was for EBV* Epstein Barr Virus PCR test which was slightly raised but the GP wasn't too concerned and told me it was what was probably wrong with me and its passing by and has taken its course through my body. 

Week 8 I started to develope these white spots which later turned red on my chest and arms they haven't disappeared and are still there.  So I tested again for Hiv with a rapid test again came back negative.  I also told the woman I last had intercourse with to go test again and hers was by oral swab which again for her came back negative.

Week 11 started to feel normal other then this weird ache in my pelvic region and still the feeling of uneasy health.  The pain in my pelvic region would kinda throb and sting in my pelvic region which still has me worried.  Got tested again with hiv antibody rapid test again test came back negative.  Also she was tested for all stis and stds such gonnerha, syphilis, and clymadia all came back undetected.

Week 12 around 7 days before my window period of 90 days passing of having intercourse with her I asked her to get tested one last time for me so I could be sure she did with Advanced Oraquick for Hiv 1/2 again the test came back negative. 

Currently I still have that pain in my lower pelvic region which hasn't subsided.  The breakout of those spots have not gone away and are still on my shoulders and chest.  I have still to get my hiv results conducted literally say today because my window period would be complete if were going by 90 day 3 month period.  I just would like to know what are the chances of these results changing and being categorized in the 6 month window period?  I have no autoimmune disorder or have had any organ transplant at all.  By the way the only reason I got the woman I had intercourse tested so often because 1 month prior of me having intercourse with her on April 21st she had engaged into having sex  with someone else without a condom.  She has promised me though that she has not had sexual encounters with anyone else and she is pretty faithful especially if she comes to std clinics with me and walks out with tests wielding negative results.  I just want to know does anyone have any idea on what this can be?  Should I test for hiv again after 6 months or should I be confident in my 3 month test? By the way I have not had sexual intercourse since April 21st.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Am I Infected?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:28:43 am »
Most people seroconvert within 22 days. We encourage a six week test, which is almost assuredly accurate, but stress that the gold standard is still three months.

From what I read, your test was close enough to the window period to be considered accurate.

You have exhaustively tested (and had your partner tested) for HIV in the last 12 weeks. If you feel you absolutely need to put the feather in the cap, go for another test for your peace of mind.

Personally, I think this was serious overkill. You are absolutely HIV negative.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline jamesvalo

• Standard
Re: Am I Infected?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »
Jkanatl2 thanks for your speedy response I really appreciate what you did for me and all others on this forum. I took my final 95 day clearview rapid hiv test which also came back negative and I guess now I can put this all behind me.  Let me tell anyone who is browsing around on these forums that stumbles upon my message.  Do not and I mean it do not read any random website for symptoms for hiv because you will cause yourself a panic attack.  Anxiety is a disease in its own and can cause many problems and symptoms that you can't even possibly fathom.  Protective sex is the only way to go and if you can't afford protection most free std testing clinics are more then happy to provide them to you!  Happy living and safe sex!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.