Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:19:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just another Democrat Lie  (Read 7299 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Just another Democrat Lie
« on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:02 pm »
It now appears that Republican leadership did not know of lewd IMs last year and only learned of them friday. They and Dems were aware of some friendly emails that were not inappropriate.
I am happy Foley is gone in one day, but happier to know that all the lies from Dems this morning about Reps knowing of these IMs last year were just that , lies.
We still have Teddy Kennedy,William Jefferson, Bobby KKK Byrd ,and Barney holding seats.

Offline Dachshund

Re: Just another Democrat Lie
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:41:09 pm »
Republican Party Chairman Sam Walls, who is married, was urged to drop his candidacy for Congress when it was found he likes to dress up in women's clothing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 06:47:14 pm »
OH Doxie, that is certainly repugnent!  Please forgive me if I don't blow that one up.....
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:04:19 am »
Republican Party Chairman Sam Walls, who is married, was urged to drop his candidacy for Congress when it was found he likes to dress up in women's clothing.

I can overlook a lot in a Republican drag queen candidate.

But that cheap Eva Gabor Korean wig is unforgivable.

NEXT!

John

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:22:15 pm »
Are you sure about this jakey?  The Grand Old Party has admitted to knowing for around 5 years now.  And if it isnt PUBLICLY proveable, don't you know things about people you work with and at the same time have plausible deniability?

Former Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL) interrupted a vote on the floor of the House in 2003 to engage in Internet sex with a high school student who had served as a congressional page, according to new Internet instant messages provided to ABC News by former pages.

ABC News now has obtained 52 separate instant message exchanges, which former pages say were sent by Foley, using the screen name Maf54, to two different boys under the age of 18.

This message was dated April 2003, at approximately 7 p.m., according to the message time stamp.

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline randym431

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:54:50 am »
Dont draw and conclusions yet with this. The dirty details are still coming out. Sounds like a lot of republicans knew, looking the other way. Heads are about to roll. You cant blame democrats for this one!   ::)
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline randym431

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 11:35:02 pm »
Just to add. Seems Foley has been after pages since 1985. One page said "if Foley invited you for a drive in his BMW, it was wise to take a rain check."

BYW, Bin Laden has checked himself into the Betty Ford Center.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 07:43:44 am »
It now appears that Republican leadership did not know of lewd IMs last year and only learned of them friday. They and Dems were aware of some friendly emails that were not inappropriate.
I am happy Foley is gone in one day, but happier to know that all the lies from Dems this morning about Reps knowing of these IMs last year were just that , lies.
We still have Teddy Kennedy,William Jefferson, Bobby KKK Byrd ,and Barney holding seats.

Well, The headlines in the St. Petersburg times this morning is this :

FOLEY AIDE: "I TOLD GOP IN '03" :o

I have a feeling Hastert will be out within 7 days !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 08:37:48 am »
See this is why Bush is so adamant of abstinence!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline jack

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 09:34:27 am »
All I know is what i read in the paper. It appears no one on TV or in newspapers knows the diff between emails and ims. how curious. Until this past friday no one(except ABC,who sat on them for over a month) had seen the ims. The only communication republican leaders saw prior to that were emails a year ago. The fbi saw nothing wrong with and no papers printed them. They asked questions like "how was your vacation" not "can I suck your cock".
Today it is being reported the kid was 18 when the IMs were sent.
Who cares, republican leaders threw him out the minute they saw the IMs.
Too bad Dems didnt do the same with Teddy, Barney,Bobbykkk Byrd,William Jefferson,that fat pig who slugged the cop, and the biggest perv of all Will, who was guilty of sexual harassment(when you fuck or try to fuck someone who works for you). So funny the way libs put all these wonderful laws in place but they never apply to them. Hypocrites.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 09:39:44 am »
Republican Congressman Henry Hyde denounced President Clinton's extramarital affair, but was later found to be an adulterer himself.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 09:46:30 am »
Research shows Republicans are obsessed with the sex lives of others and are sexually inadequate.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:52:11 am by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 09:54:12 am »
Dachsund, Its not the extramarital affair thats the problem. How many freaking times do I have to say this. Clinton was doing a 19 year old girl who worked for him. That is Sexual Harassment. The other women that came to light were all accusing Clinton of rape or attempted rape. Paula Jones and Katheline Wylie(?).
Sexual Harassment is a law liberal put in and its a good law.Too bad they dont think it applies to them. The entire democratic party supported Willys harassment of female intern.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 10:06:17 am »
Republican Congressman Bob Livingston was planning to vote for impeaching President Clinton for sexual improprieties until it was disclosed he is an adulterer.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 10:08:01 am »
Studies suggest heterosexual Republican men have four to eight homoerotic fantasies daily.

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 10:46:43 am »
The 2 biggest reasons that Jack and party bring up is that Clinton had an affair and then lied.
What I don't get is the fact republicans also cheat , as is being noted and lie.
Except their lie is costing America tons of money and blood.
Except of course the tons of money the republicans wasted trying to get Clinton impeached , talk about financial conservatism!
They are also out on the pro life factor and with all this i am surrprised that with their sanctity of marriage no one questions why the Shiavo's didn't get it!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 10:59:44 am »
Also Jack...um, according to the same Sexual Harrassment law...a person must report it as such and file a formal complaint. Because this action didn't happen, and both parties were engaging in a consensual sexual affair, it does not constitute sexual harrassment. Sexual Harrassment by definition is the unwarrented and non-consensual advances of a sexual nature...so you see, Ms. Lewinsky wanted the affair to continue, she stated so in her public remarks as well.

So...um Jack...hate to say it, but you are dead wrong on this one...Clinton lied about his affair...that's what got him into trouble...not the fact that he had relations with a 19 year old intern...both were adults, both were consenting...no harrassment committed...sorry Jack, but you will have to do better than reciting old republican rhetoric that has already been disproven...

Lets try this again shall we?
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 11:46:54 am »
And from CREW:

For Immediate Release
October 2, 2006

Contact: Naomi Seligman Steiner - 202.408.5565 / press@citizensforethics.org

CREW URGES DOJ I.G. TO PROBE WHY FBI FAILED TO INVESTIGATE FOLEY EMAILS SENT BY CREW THIS SUMMER
Administration Officials Must Explain Lack of Action

Washington, DC – Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) wrote to the Department of Justice Inspector General’s office today to ask for an investigation into why the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) failed to begin investigating Rep. Mark Foley’s emails to a former House page as soon as the Bureau learned about the emails in July 2006.

On July 21, 2006 CREW received a set of emails, allegedly from Rep. Foley to a former House page, which it sent to the FBI later that day. The emails, posted at www.citizensforethics.org, asked the page, who had recently left the Hill, his age, how school was going and what he wanted for his birthday. Rep. Foley also requested the boy’s photograph.

“As a former prosecutor who handled sex crimes in the District of Columbia, the emails set off alarm bells. Grown men simply do not send emails requesting photographs to teenagers over whom they have had some degree of authority,” Melanie Sloan, executive director of CREW wrote today.

It appears only now, at the instigation of the House of Representatives leadership’s request, that the FBI has begun a preliminary investigation into former Rep. Foley’s conduct. Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert sent a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales requesting an investigation into Rep. Foley’s actions as well as who knew about Rep. Foley’s conduct, when they knew it and why they did not forward that information to law enforcement authorities.

Sloan stated today, “Since the FBI has known about Rep. Foley’s emails since July, the question arises: Did the administration help to cover up Rep. Foley’s conduct and leave a potential sexual predator on the loose? Was the administration more concerned with protecting a powerful ally in Congress than with protecting children?”

Sloan continued, “The American public deserves to know not just how and why members of Congress failed to take action to protect the youngsters entrusted to the care of the House of Representatives, but also why the FBI -- an agency charged with protecting the public -- failed to safeguard other youngsters from a potential sexual predator.”

CREW’s letters and Rep. Foley’s e-mails are available at www.citizensforethics.org.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a non-profit legal watchdog group dedicated to holding public officials accountable for their actions.

For more information, please visit www.citizensforethics.org or contact Naomi Seligman Steiner at 202.408.5565/press@citizensforethics.org.

# # #

Copyright 2006, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, All Rights Reserved.
1400 Eye Street NW, Suite 450, Washington, D.C. 20005
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 06:48:21 pm »

:P

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 10:07:12 pm »
Also Jack...um, according to the same Sexual Harassment law...a person must report it as such and file a formal complaint. Because this action didn't happen, and both parties were engaging in a consensual sexual affair, it does not constitute sexual harassment. Sexual Harassment by definition is the unwarranted and non-consensual advances of a sexual nature...so you see, Ms. Lewinsky wanted the affair to continue, she stated so in her public remarks as well.

So...um Jack...hate to say it, but you are dead wrong on this one...Clinton lied about his affair...that's what got him into trouble...not the fact that he had relations with a 19 year old intern...both were adults, both were consenting...no harassment committed...sorry Jack, but you will have to do better than reciting old republican rhetoric that has already been disproven...

Lets try this again shall we?

I kept reading and reading wondering if someone was going to get to this point.

I just find it so very interesting that it seems to be the Republicans - hiding behind their conservative, bible-thumping, "one man, one woman", bigoted (and apparently hypocritical) pulpits that are getting on with (or at least wanting to) the BOOTY BOUNCING.  hmmmmm.....imagine that.   ??? ::) ??? :o
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.