Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:01:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 503
Total: 504

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Life slowly does get easier...  (Read 6496 times)

Offline villaboy1

Life slowly does get easier...
« on: July 14, 2007, 02:24:47 pm »
Hey

Sorry not been around for a while - I have been trying to keep my life and mind as active as possible which has certainly helped...For those of you that have read my posts before you will be aware that I was diagnosed Christmas 06 following a very rough conversion..The net 4-6 months now seem like a blur and a distant memory..It truly has to be said that I hit rock bottom soon after my diagnosis and felt as if I was opeating in a parallel universe..

Anyway most importantly I am now starting to feel somewhat "normal" and have a feeling of who I am again..

By forcing myself to work (although I have only been operating at 10% of capacity lol) this has taken away a lot of time where I could have really taken myself on a downer..I have kept myself active by travelling up and down the country to football (soccer) matches and have found this to be better therapy than my psycho-therapist - and a lot cheaper!! I totally recommend this - have a good cry put on your music but maybe dont drive as fast as I have been!!

I am aware that i will never be the same person again and that there will be significant challenges ahead but I guess you have to tell yourself that you have to live for each day and each moment..This has been hard as I had plans for the beautiful b/f - house - career etc and still cant let myself believe that these can still be obtainable..Guess thats something to believe in in the near future!..

Anyway for anyone recently diagnosed just hold in there - keep telling yourself that these dark clouds too will pass if they are on your horizon..

Thanks for all the support I have received I truly did not think I would see July 2007 back in Dec 06 - but all is ok!!

Thanks guys and girls!!

LJG X

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Life slowly does get easier...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:41:03 pm »
I'm very happy to see you post this here in the IJTP Forum.  Happy to see that you are dong so much better now, and also happy that this will be here for some of the other newbies to see.  I think it has a lot to offer for hope and support when it comes from someone who is at a similar point dealing with a diagnosis.

Thanks for posting and congratulations on the progress.

Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 10:52:52 pm »
Hello LJ,

Glad to hear that things are going better for you. It takes time to adjust. My first year, after I was diagnosed positive in 1985 was also a blur. But things eventually started settling down. For me , it was about being hopeful, realistic, and staying focused !! Yes, there will always be challenges. The main thing is to take those challenges head on, and learn to deal with them as they come our way. Stay proactive in your health , and do good things for yourself, to help keep yourself healthy !!

Take care of yourself----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline villaboy1

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 07:20:12 am »
thx Tim and Ray..The thing which has benn important to me is to get a good support network of other poz gus..I have chosen those who have (pardon the punn) positive attitudes from which I can feed..

I guess things are black and white - i could stay in pack in my job and wallow in self pity or get out there and live life..I will not say its been easy and dark moments do come and they are horrible..I then have to tell myself I am not alone..in London 1 in 7 gay men are poz and we are well supported..I am grateful for that..

I then realise how fortunate I am to have free health care which truly is v v good - dont care what people say about the NHS they do an amazing job..

To anyone going through this its those little steps which count - dont try and rush things - I know I did lol..

Take care

LJG

Offline gpete

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:21:08 pm »
Hey guy....I'm new to this forum here....I'm NOT very computer literate BUT I can encourage U to keep your head up and YES things WILL become somewhat easier or easier to face from day to day.    The BEST thing I've found is a little book called "The Color of Light" compiled by Perry Tillerass.   It's  meditation book that I try to start my day by reading and since I started reading it I've found that I may not "get" the message with the 1st reading BUT something will happen BEFORE lunch that will make me think back to it's message.    I've been POZ for 20+ years,  NEVER been ill PERIOD and have only been on meds for about 4 yrs now (altho I started several times during these past 20).    I encourage U to think POSITIVELY about yourself....you're the same person you were BEFORE U became POZ!   Try & find a support group or at least a couple or 3 friends who you can be honest with and make your feelings good & the not so good be known.    HIV is NO longer a death sentence as I felt it was when I first learned I was POZ.    EVERYBODY I've shared my status with have been very encourageing for me,  however only during these last 4 years or so have I attempted to be "honest" about my POZ status (with family as well as friends).    That "fear" was almost overwhelming at times.    My motto is "if they were a TRUE friend before they'll be a TRUE friend after" they know.     Also TAKE your meds if you've started meds,  KEEP your dr appts and be HONEST & up front with your doctors.    Remember we're all in it for the LONE haul!   You can order the book I mentioned at bn.com (used book section).   BEST of luck to ya!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.