Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 356
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hiv from testing equipment  (Read 13952 times)

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
Hiv from testing equipment
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:36:21 am »
Hi expert, here my story. For the past 8 months. I always been to massage parlor average 3 times a month . Below is the activity i have done in massage parlor:
1) handjob
2) i suck her nipple.
3) she suck my nipple.
4) french kiss
5) she sleep next to me with panties on. not sure her vagina fluid has been contact with my penis head or not.
6) she on top with pants and use her vagina rub my penis until i ejaculate.
7) while massage , she insert her  finger into my anus few times. (what if her finger is bleeding? i don't know, i close my eye while she handjob me. I tested Duo test 24 days after this incident and 38 days show negative. Conclude for this?)
8) i use finger and rub her vagina with pants/panties.
9) body to body massage with panties on. Not sure her vaginal fluid in panties may contact my penis head or not.
10) we hug a lot, im naked while she topless with panties. can hiv infection take place when he vaginal fluid in panties come contact with my penis head?

I DID not do any oral sex / sex with them. On 19th november 2012 i has been for combo hiv test which include p24 antigen + elisa/EIA and result turn negative. I thought i can move on with the result but end up taking another combo test at 3 dec and camae out negative which is 31 days after my last massage sessions. Can i conclude i am hiv negative ? i still have massage activity on 4 weeks,5 weeks, 7 weeks,8 weeks ago i have been sleepless nite for past 3 weeks. I plan to get marry next year, im so guilty for what i have done. Please advise my lovely buddy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:38:40 am by ramboguy1 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Hiv anxiety after test done
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:07:32 am »
Rambo,

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

1. Getting a handjob is not a risk.

2&3. Sucking nipples is not a risk. Having your nipples sucked is not a risk.

4. Kissing is not a risk. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

7. Fingering or being fingered are NOT risks. If she had a cut that would have presented any danger to you, she would not be putting that finger inside your anus. It would hurt HER too much.

5, 6, 8, 9 & 10. You are NOT going to become infected with vaginal fluids that may be present on panties. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason, you are not going to become infected through fluids on panties or any other item of clothing, or anything else that is in the environment - OUTSIDE the body.

You never had a risk for hiv infection and you do NOT need further testing.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:30:03 am »
hi Ann ,

thanks for your reply . if her hand really bleeding and insert into my anus . I will get hiv . I have tested duo test at 24 days and 40 day negative . is this conclude my hiv infection ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:57:34 am »
As Ann has told you in detail, you were never at risk in this incident. There was no need to test and yes, you are HIV negative.

Now stop the drama and get on with your life. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in the manner you are concerned about. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:33 am »
Rambo,

If she cut the whole tip of her finger off before inserting it into your anus, then and only then would you have a problem. I'm quite sure that's NOT what happened.

It's time you got over this no risk event and got on with your life. You did NOT have a risk and you do NOT have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 02:32:03 am »
Hi Ann and Andy,

Thanks for the reassurance. I will move on my life from today onwards . I will plan to propose to my gf next year and i wont do anything to cheat her again. I learn a big lesson over this past 3 weeks. Wish both of you merry christmas and happy new year. Hope there will be no end of the world on 21 dec but end of hiv virus. ;)

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
Hiv from testing equipment
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 07:18:56 am »
Hi all,

I recently went to one of my std clinic in my country to check on my penis itching problem. The doctor use a wire swab and take a cell from my urethral. The problem come, i see the wire swab is not a disposal item. Not like those cotton swab. So i ask the doctor, is this clean? he say , sure it is clean... My panic come, wut if they forgot to sterilize it? and use the reused wire swab on me. they put my health to hiv!!

Can how long hiv survive outside the body? the swab will go into my urethral ... Can this put me in risk? i am so scare now ....

Offline RapidRod

Re: Hiv from testing equipment
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 07:22:45 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 07:28:55 am »
I really hope so... the virus can be dead and not infectious once outside its host.
I also hope that the swab is clean...

but how come there is some news saying dental dirty equipment cause hiv to patient? blood? i thought the blood will be dead outside its hosts?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 07:32:03 am »
Have no idea where you got your information but as you were advised it doesn't happen.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 07:39:34 am »
Rambo,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Yet again, you have not had a risk for hiv infection.

Get on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 07:41:45 am »
I check from the google search..  :'(  . How much amount of blood, semen,cum, vaginal fluid can cause infection? does the wire swab hole can carry so much fluid?  :'( :'(

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 07:43:45 am »
No Wonder my topic a bit weird ady. But thanks Ann and rapid rod... So i can still go on with my life without fear hiv ? get married?  :P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 09:12:26 am »
 Stop making drama when you have absolutely not had any risk for HIV.

Cut it out. Yes, get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »
Oh my god. this doctor make me sick again... why they duwan to use disposal item.. i thought unsterelized hospital equipment might cause hiv? like surgery .....  :(

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 07:35:08 pm »
Ok ok. last last question i will stop this drama. I promise.

1) lancet use to prick finger for rapid test. It is in a packet. i open it up. i use the lancet can prick my finger. If the lancet never sterelized, reused, have some hiv blood, fluid or semen inside. Will i get infected?

2) the doctor also use a small blade to scratch on my gland penis . up and behind my gland penis to take sample for microscope. If the small blade nvr sterelized, have some hiv blood, fluid or semen inside. Will i get infected?

This is my last last question. Hope to get ans from you guys. And wish all of you merry christmas and happy year ahead. So sorry for the troublesome.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 08:02:03 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »
Ya i know. i already say last question rapid rod.. Sorry. But pls tell answer my last questions. So sorry

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 04:23:49 pm »
Ann ? Andy ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
We are not going to indulge you any further in your drama and what ifs when there is no sound reason to think you have been exposed to HIV.

This is your last warning. If you come back with anymore of this nonsense, (yes, nonsense!) you will find yourself getting a Time Out for at least 28 days from this site.

If you can't let go of these fanciful fears then I suggest you see a professional to get help with the matter. We can't do that in this setting.

Andy Velez

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 04:24:29 am »
Hi ,

I come back again. New questions. Few weeks ago i have done a home rapid test. due to my curiosity, i broke the test kit to see what is inside. There is a look like paper with control line C and T line. I had touch it with my bare finger which just done the prick by the lancet. Yesterday just saw a thread that the Line T is contain hiv antigen in it. Oh my god, from zero risk now i have make myself trouble . I will get infected by hiv.  :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 05:36:35 am »
Rambo,

Hiv test kits do NOT contain infectious hiv. Once again you have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 08:41:36 am »
hi Ann ,

does that mean hiv test kit really contain hiv ?

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:18 am »
This is the reply from the test kit company:

Hi,

Our test kit is the ELISA test kit. It detects for the HIV antibodies that present in the blood sample.

The test strip contains chemical only. It does not contain any HIV antigen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought hiv test contain hiv antigen for it to be bind with the antibodies? is this person wrong info? :(

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:56 am »
This is the reply from the test kit company:

Hi,

Our test kit is the ELISA test kit. It detects for the HIV antibodies that present in the blood sample.

The test strip contains chemical only. It does not contain any HIV antigen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought hiv test contain hiv antigen for it to be bind with the antibodies? is this person wrong info? :(

YOu are NOT going to get HV from an HIV test. That notion is preposterous enough to make me question your sanity at this point.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 09:02:52 pm »
Ok now. Now another questions. My mind stuck now, can't think properly.  :-[

After i open up the rapid test strip. i throw it near my office public dustbin. After 30 minutes, i went to the dustbin and take it out again to have a look. That time my finger still not recover from the prick yet. There is still blood on the rapid test strip. Dustbin will have hiv? hiv in the dustbin bind to my blood and i pick it up, i get infection. ~~  :(

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »
Ok now. Now another questions. My mind stuck now, can't think properly.  :-[

After i open up the rapid test strip. i throw it near my office public dustbin. After 30 minutes, i went to the dustbin and take it out again to have a look. That time my finger still not recover from the prick yet. There is still blood on the rapid test strip. Dustbin will have hiv? hiv in the dustbin bind to my blood and i pick it up, i get infection. ~~  :(

You are very astute. Your mind cannot think properly.

What the hell? Dustbins carry HIV now? Listen to yourself.

You might spiral into this surreal crazytown all you want, but you won't be allowed to do so on this forum. Here we deal in facts, not HIV fetishes.

Do you need me to list all the things you wont get HIV from? Because that list would be millions of items long. We have told you the VERY FEW ways you get HIV. Please stop making a fool of yourself. Seek therapy if this insane drivel is coming from an honest place and you aren't simply playing the forum.

Your latest round of batshittery has been reported.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 09:43:40 pm »
Hi,

Don't get angry over this. I know my question sound silly. everytime i settle a scenario , new scenario come in.  :'( . Don't ban me. please. i will stop that. Okay, i will trust myself that im hiv  negatives. Thanks for your help. If i really get hiv from those incident, then i nothing to say.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »
Hi,

Don't get angry over this. I know my question sound silly. everytime i settle a scenario , new scenario come in.  :'( . Don't ban me. please. i will stop that. Okay, i will trust myself that im hiv  negatives. Thanks for your help. If i really get hiv from those incident, then i nothing to say.

If you really get HIV from this incident, then all of science is wrong. Just think about that.

All of science.

I am not angry. I am frustrated by your obsession with HIV and your inability to let it go, no matter down what crazy rabbit hole it leads you.

Welcome Thread

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:31 am »
Thanks for the reassurance. I appreaciate it.  ;)

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 06:37:41 am »
opinion needed . thinking to go for another test tomorrow . is it a good idea ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 07:57:04 am »
Are you not paying attention to any of the replies that you have been given?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:52 am »
Rambo,

I'm giving you that Time Out that Andy warned you about.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »
Hi Ann or anyone,

Its me again.I actually recently in medicine prescribe by psychologist doctor. Everything went well until recently there is another incident which cause my panic start back. I was helping a guy who fell off from a motorcycle and get injured. He is bleeding. i give him a tissue to wipe off the blood. After that he went to a nearby clinic to get treatment. i busy body waited there and to see his condition. after he came out he say is ok and just need to check for x-ray since it is night already, he want to shake hand with me for thanking helping him and i i shake hand with him too.his injured quite serious, bleed a lot that time.  now panic stated:

1) when i pass the tissue his hand still have blood and might pass to my hand that time since it is night i dint notice.
2) shake hand with him. Not sure his hand still bleeding or did not wash hand or still have some scar still got some blood. i am sure he injured his palm too.
3) i did not wash my hand either after that, rub here rub there. rub my eye, i have some small wound due to scraching by bug bite on my skin, or scracth due to mosquite bite, touch my penis, rub my penis , touch the gland penis,  when i urine, touch my mouth which have open wound it look like herpes. touch here touch there. might have bite my finger nail too. until the next day only i have a bath.
I just wan to know my risk. and still need to wait for 90 days and tested again?
DOn't worry , i will not repeated asking again.i on OCD medicine now . i am on medicine . will accept your professional advise. since im sure this is not the first question you see like this.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 10:16:09 pm »
Tell your doctor your meds aren't working.

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:21 pm »
Actually i just have the medicine for 3 days then this stupid incident came in. :S

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 01:21:40 am »
Just to be perfectly clear, you did not, CAN not get HIV from shaking a man's bloody hand.

Please continue to work with your counselor, and please continue to take your medications.

Welcome Thread

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 01:42:05 am »
Thanks. Incident over incident coming in and out. This has cost me a lot of money see doc, paid forum, do testing, take medi... I am afraid i will become crazy one day. But the medicine has help a bit now. at least im not thinking to go and test . Just that.... Dunno what to say..  :-[ .

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:28 am »
Is anyone have different opinion? Ann?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 07:49:43 am »
Rambo,

Of course I don't have a different opinion. Shaking hands is NOT a risk for hiv infection, regardless of any details you care to add.

The only way you would have been at risk for hiv infection from the motorcycle guy is if you had unprotected anal sex or shared drug injecting needles with him.

If you choose to use this forum to go on and on about your latest NO RISK incident, you WILL be given another Time Out - and this one will last for 56 days.

Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ramboguy1

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 12:09:13 pm »
Ok thanks Ann, rapidrod. I will continue with the medicine and fight my own. Thanks. I trust you all.  :-*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 02:49:52 pm »
Keep in mind you are on the verge of getting a 56 day Time Out. HIV risk is not your problem. Your unwarranted fears is the problem. Get the help you need professionally. We can't address that for you in this setting.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.