Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:29:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 412
Total: 412

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: need honest answers please!  (Read 12113 times)

Offline bearsdb22

need honest answers please!
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:47:01 pm »
hello I am a 21 year old male heterosexual I have been with 4 people in my life. My lasy screw up happened 3 and a half months ago. I had a single incounter of unprotected vaginal and oral sex 4 about 25 minutes and then realized how dumb it was and stopped. about three weeks later I woke up and there was redness and bumps (not fluid filled) on the head of my penis took nearly 2 months to go away. I had it swabed for herpes and it came back negitive. a week after now 4 weeks later I was around my little cousin who had strep throat and the came down with something that looked just like it my symptoms were as followed:

Mild sore throat, white spots on my tonsils, fever that was off and on 99.5 usually the highes it got was 100.4, had diarrah for about 2 days off and on, and pink eye in both eyes.

I went to the doctors and he gave me ammox 500mg. and it all went away in about 2 days. but I keep having a few reacurring white spots on my tonsils now 2 months later. the back of my throat has stayed red now and my tonsils are slightly enlarged. at first I didnt think much of it because a week after all my symptoms my mom had the exact same thing. but all her symptoms are gone and mine have stayed. meaning my red irritated throat and slightly enlarged tonsils. also I have about pea sized lymph nodes on both sides of my neck and on behind my right ear. been there for about 2 months. been to doctors and have been treated for tons of things. also about 7 or 8 weeks after I started haveing pains in my testicals and after ejaculation. I have had tests the are as follows:

7 weeks 5 days after occurence:
                                               NEGITIVE rapid blood HIV test
                                              Negitive chlamydia , GON, TRICH urine test
9 weeks 5 daays after:              Negitive Rapid blood HIV test

10 weeks                               Negitive WB vein blood draw HIV
                                            NEigtive syphilis and HEP B

11 weeks                             Undetectable viral load  (PCR RNA)
                                          Normal CBC
12 weeks                               Negitive Rapid blood test

13 weeks                             negitive WB and rapid blood draw

14 weeks                             Negitive oral HIV test and negitive Rapid blood

15 weeks                               Negitive rapid

So I know that the average time is 25 days and that most will convert within 4-8 weeks and 97% will do so with in 3 months, but i have heard of way to many cases of people converting after 3 months. also I am still worried becasue I am still having pea sized lymph nodes on both sides of neck and one behind my right ear. also my throat is still red and raw looking.   I also have got a few new moles and I have never had a mole and there are pin sized red spots that have on my stomach ( about 5-10 spots) about pin sized. as well as a couple of new freckles. also I have been getting the same red spots about pin sizes on the inside of my cheeks. One or two will be there at any given time and then they will disapper in a day or so and then come back and so. Also I am having some pressure in my chest area.and under my chin feels very full I guess becasue of slightly swollen glands.   The girl that I messed up with has been with 20 guys. I do not know here HIV status.

SO what are your guys true thoughts, please be honest do you think my test are eventually going to go positive. If so please tell me because I have pretty much came to accept the fact that this is real.

is it possiable to have a undetectable viral at 11 weeks AND still have HIV when I have NEVER been on meds. please if you dont mind write alot to me addressing everything you think I greatly appriciate it

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:36:38 pm by bearsdb22 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: need honest answers please!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:33:08 am »
Panicky little thing, aren't ya?

Look, the good news is that you are conclusively HIV negative. Most people who are going to test positive will have done so by the 6 week mark. You've tested negative out to the 15 week mark, and that means that you absolutely have not got HIV.

You really don't need to test anymore.

Your symptoms and other health problems are, therefore, not related to HIV. You should work with your doctor to determine what is making you will.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:49:47 am »
I agree with Matty that you're definitely HIV negative. Period.

So HIV is happily not your issue this time. If your troubling symptoms continue that's something to sort out with your doctor.

However, I do want to add a further caution to you. You scooted by safely and tested negative this time. But HIV is nothing to fool around with. You can have all the intercourse you like and with as many partners as you want to regardless of their HIV status. BUT you must use a latex condom everytime. Without exception. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV. So enjoy yourself but do it the safer way everytime.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:59:15 am »
hey matty,
I thank you very much for your answer but, my doctor says he wants to test me out to 6 months. because there is stil a chance that it is HIV. I have never done drugs in my life and I do not have any other type of condition. I dint understand why I wouldent have test positive by now if I was going to. I have ben to many doctors. they say I have post nasel drip. would that cause swolen glands?I am seing counceling. could you please answer a few questions for me and I wil not write anymore.I have ben tested for so many thingsand everything is negitive but my throat and the presure in my chest and the red spots in my mouth and enlarged lymph nodes are screaming HIV? and that the window (rare cases that take up to six months) is stil there.

Could you please answer these questions for meand feel free to add as much as possiable. I have searched extensivly on the threads and would just like these questions answered directly.  
and then please give me a time out.

1) can you have a undetectable viral load at 11weks past when I have not been on meds?
2) when can I get back to my life and have unprotected sex with my fiance, she is on the appopriate birth control.
3) isnt the viral load very high in the begining of infection? OR no?
4) is it posiable that I could stil be going through seroconversion?
5) do I needto test for HEP C
6)does the presure I am haveing in my chest along with swolen glands and lymph nodes suggest  HIV?
7) can early HIV infection cause the red spots inside my mouth?
could the red rash on my penis have ben from ARS?

Could you please answer these questions for meand feel free to add as much as possiable. I have searched extensivly on the threads and would just like these questions answered directly.  and then please give me a time out.

Also, I wil never have sex outside my fiance again I made a mistake and it wil never hapen again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:01:03 am by bearsdb22 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:26 am »
bears,

Many doctors aren't up-to-date with hiv testing and it sounds like yours is one of them. You do not need further hiv testing. You ARE conclusively hiv negative.

The only people who might take a little longer to seroconvert and test positive are people on chemotherapy for cancer, anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant or people who have been injecting street drugs, every day, for years. I trust you don't fall into any of these categories.

You can only have unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend if you have BOTH tested for hiv and other STIs together.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

You are hiv negative. Use condoms and stay that way.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:24:23 am »
hello I am sorry for writing again but everything is screaming HIV because all this happened at 4 weeks past my little mess up, I was fine with everything until the red bumps came on the head of my penis. I have been to the doctors and they say that I have a viral infection. so I have ben tested for mono,strep,everything and nothing is coming up. but im stil in the window. my lymph nodes is what bothers me the most.

also I just went with my girlfriend to the doctors and she she tested negitive for HIV rapid blod. I was standing beside her when they gave the test and results. I have heard of alot of people testing positive like at 4 months and 5 months it wories me.

Please elaborate for me and could you have a undetectable viral load at 11 weks when I hAVE NOT BEEN on meds and then turn up positive later. could I stil be going through seroconversion are the red splotches inside my mouth that come and go consistant with HIV infection please answer these questions directly please.

please answer these questions and then please give me a time out . all symptoms are point to hiv .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 09:29:13 am »
bears,

Whatever is going on with you has NOTHING to do with hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative. Keep working with your doctor to find out what is going on. Whatever it is, it is not hiv. You have tested negative weeks past the window period. You ARE hiv negative.

I'll warn you right now, you will not be permitted to carry on using this forum to question your conclusive hiv negative status. If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 09:32:21 am »
i just want someone to please answer those questions I am asking. I fel like they are being avoided please answer  honestly them so I can move on

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:36:20 am »
bears,

All of your test results, including the undetectable PCR, point to the fact that YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. If you did, you would have had a viral load at that point and you also would have most likely tested antibody positive by the time you took your first test at over seven weeks - and you absolutely would have tested positive by your twelve week test.

You do NOT have hiv!

You do NOT need further testing!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 09:37:49 am »
y thank yuo please giver me a time out

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 10:06:40 am »
pleas etime me out. please time me out.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:09:19 am »
bears,

Ok, you asked for it. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bearsdb22

an update about my situation please respond
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 03:28:10 pm »
okay guys I know that every sayts a 3 month test is conclusive and I honestly am starting to belieeve that. esp after DR. BOB wrote to me what he did on the body. if anyone wants to lok at it its under AM I INFECTED dated march 11 it may be MARCH 7. antway its titled "WIFE WANTS A CHILD DONT KNOW IF I AM CLEAR? trust me its worth reading. basically hesays there is no way I have hiv reguraless of my swollen nodes on both sides of my neck and one behind my ear. I tested out to almost 5 months. all negitive, YES!!!!! I a,m going to .
take one at 6 months just for my own peice of mind. still have the pea sized glands. I pray it will be negitive,

MY only question is if I had HEP B could that delay seroconversion, or would that effect a HIV TEST. thank you for your time and effeot you have given me. please repley with as mant comments as you would like and let me knowthe chances you think i will stay negitive for good. nothing will evr happen again

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: an update about my situation please respond
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 03:30:47 pm »
Please keep all questions and concerns in your original thread.  You can get there by clicking your username and clicking "show last posts".  Your questions wll be answered only when you return to your original thread.

Thanks.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 03:33:04 pm »
okay guys I know that every sayts a 3 month test is conclusive and I honestly am starting to belieeve that. esp after DR. BOB wrote to me what he did on the body. if anyone wants to lok at it its under AM I INFECTED dated march 11 it may be MARCH 7. antway its titled "WIFE WANTS A CHILD DONT KNOW IF I AM CLEAR? trust me its worth reading. basically hesays there is no way I have hiv reguraless of my swollen nodes on both sides of my neck and one behind my ear. I tested out to almost 5 months. all negitive, YES!!!!! I a,m going to .
take one at 6 months just for my own peice of mind. still have the pea sized glands. I pray it will be negitive,

MY only question is if I had HEP B could that delay seroconversion, or would that effect a HIV TEST. thank you for your time and effeot you have given me. please repley with as mant comments as you would like and let me knowthe chances you think i will stay negitive for good. nothing will evr happen again

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 03:38:51 pm »
Thanks.  Nope.  Your tests would still be good.  Looks like you're in the clear, bud. 

Cheers.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 03:40:50 pm »
do you think i should test anymore?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 03:41:51 pm »
Not if you haven't fooled around anymore.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 04:03:13 pm »
Still dragging the same old stuff around, huh. I've merged your threads. Keep anything you have to say in this same thread.

There never was any need for testing after 13 weeks. And now you're asking if you need to test after six months? We told you months ago that no further testing was necessary. For chrissakes, give it up and get on with your life. And if you can't do that, then get yourself to a therapist or other professional and deal with the issues that are causing you to hold on to this unwarranted fear about HIV.

Am I coming through clearly enough here?
Andy Velez

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 06:07:45 pm »
guys i tested negitiev again today its been 24 weeks and 3 days. I still ahve lymph nodes behind my ear and inmy neck, under my arms, im scared
it seems like this has to be HIV. ive seen on this web site that people have tested negitive at 6 months and then at 9 moinths they tested postitvive

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 06:23:56 pm »
You are conclusively negative. Leave your lymph nodes alone and the swelling will go away or visit your doctor because it has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 07:00:26 pm »
Only a small group of people seroconvert after the 13 week window period, this group includes those who are receiving immuno-suppressive therapy after transplant procedures, cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy and long term injecting drug users.

You are HIV negative..end of story.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 07:12:16 pm »
Keep searching on the web and you will find an endless amount of total bunk to feed your worst fears. Whatever is going on with you physically has nothing to do with HIV. You ARE HJIV negative.

As has been suggested to you by others you need to have a conversation with your doctor about your concerns. And the stuff your head is telling is nonsense in refusing to accept your negative test result.

We've done what we can do for you here. We can't diagnose your symptoms. We deal with HIV and that is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 07:37:34 pm »
1)andy im sorry but how certain are you that i wont test positive in the future months. or even years theoretically speaking from this expouser?

2)trust me there will never be anymore expousers!!!!!!!! im in a very comitted realationship and will be getting married soon and i went with her to get tested for everything!!!!! shes negitive to all stds. and I pray that I will stay that way as well

I posted on the body .com and Doctor BOB says im good to go and have a child. he says HIV is not my problem no way no how!
he also says if I keep testing im only going to keep getting negitive results!!!!"

so you guys dont think ther is any way i will go positive. im scared becasue my lymph nodes are still sbout double pea sized and they have been there for about 04 months i don NOT touch them and they still dont go down!!!!!!

dont see what else it could be

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 09:58:45 pm »
We've already thoroughly answered. You are HIV negative. If you keep coming back with more of this compulsive hysteria you're going to get a time out. Consider yourself warned.

Give all this self indulgent drama up and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 07:06:56 pm »
I wrote someone in the "living with HIV" forum and heres the exact thing he wrote to me:

Hi There,

I am not a medical professional mate, but all i can say is the rapid tests are the least reliable.

you should ask for an elisa test first and ask them to do a few checks if this is negative then i would stop worrying and put hiv out of your mind.

if your elisa test is positive then you need it confirming with a western blot test.

your symptoms are associated with hiv - sorry to be frank swollen lymps are a big sign of infection however only a positive hiv test result can confirm this

i suggest you stop worrying chill out as hiv is not what it used to be.

after you have had an elisa test and this hopefully turns out negative 

only retest every 13 weeks.

remember you have had a scare and if you are negative, use this scare to remind yourself to always use a condom when you have sex.

good look matey,

if you need me just send me a message

Simon
"

he said all my symptoms pointed to HIV and that the rapid test are NOT relaiable

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 07:13:37 pm »
I wrote someone in the "living with HIV" forum and heres the exact thing he wrote to me:

Hi There,

I am not a medical professional mate, but all i can say is the rapid tests are the least reliable.

you should ask for an elisa test first and ask them to do a few checks if this is negative then i would stop worrying and put hiv out of your mind.

if your elisa test is positive then you need it confirming with a western blot test.

your symptoms are associated with hiv - sorry to be frank swollen lymps are a big sign of infection however only a positive hiv test result can confirm this

i suggest you stop worrying chill out as hiv is not what it used to be.

after you have had an elisa test and this hopefully turns out negative

only retest every 13 weeks.

remember you have had a scare and if you are negative, use this scare to remind yourself to always use a condom when you have sex.

good look matey,

if you need me just send me a message

Simon"

he said all my symptoms pointed to HIV and that the rapid test are NOT relaiable

Le sigh.

First of all you shouldn't be sending PM's to members soliciting advice, you must ask your questions publicly here in this thread. The poz member in question certainly shouldn't have responded to you.

Simon is not correct about swollen nodes being a "big sign of HIV infection" many things can cause swollen nodes, and many people with HIV have no symptoms at all. Simon is not authorised to answer questions from worried wells and for good reason. His advice to you is wrong and you should disregard it.

Rather you should take the advice given to you by Andy and others. You have a track record of bad behaviour here and I note you have been warned and timed out on previous occasions.

Therefore I'm reporting you to the Moderators for review.

MtD

Offline bearsdb22

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 08:26:20 pm »
okay thank yuo matty I hope all of you are right!!!! actually i pray all of you are right!!!

also I think that it would be best if I was timed out and I pray that you always do well thank you and pleas ebe right that im a worried well

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 02:43:40 am »
bear,

Your wish is my command. As this is your second time out, it will be for 56 days. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

I suggest you seek counseling for your inability to accept your negative hiv status.

Ann

edited for typo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:59:48 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 02:54:00 am »
Bear,

While I was setting up your Time Out, I discovered you already had an account with us - w110djj - and guess what? That means you're permanently banned. We don't allow multiple accounts here and you'd know that if you'd bothered to read either the Terms of Membership or the Welcome thread.

Bye!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.