Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:01:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 232
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: 10 seconds of exposure(please help)  (Read 8657 times)

Offline scared 213

10 seconds of exposure(please help)
« on: March 27, 2007, 08:32:15 pm »
hi first off i would like to say im thank you in advance to anyone who helps me im a 18 year old male im afraid i may have been infected  around february 15 i had oral (i did her)  and sexual intercourse i put my penis in for 10 seconds then ppulled out and had protected sex the rest of the time she was my 17 gf (who just had a child  back in june with her ex bf)she claimed she hasnt had sex with anyone since she had her child btw  about 2 days after i started feeling sensation to urinate more and my penis started having a burning sensation but no dischargeabout  3 days later i saw a white puss like dot on my right tonsil which freaked me out at the same time my throat had been killing me since i came back form mexico back in januanry and before that 2 went to the doctor doctor tested for clhaymidia came back negative n got biotics the symptons went away somewhat but i would urinate alittle more than usual  later i had sexual intercouarse with another woman but it was protected strange thing was the burning came back and frequent uriniation but went away only feel it once in a whiile now the reason im scared is because my lyph nodes werent really swollen but they hurt and i would frequently get a burning sensation on them and in the back of my head 2 but could it be cause of all the stress since i keep thinking i have hiv  and the feeling goes away when im doing something enteraining  i also  lost my appetite almost completley mybe stress but who knos i can still eat though n not throw up i had no fever neither   and i have a coated tongue  2  and as i type my legs feel very cold (had them out the window for a while too hot in my house)
a couple things 2 i had braces and i wear a retainer and ive had white puss  like spot  things on the top of my mouth for a while (almost 2 years) i get chest pain on my left side  since last year and my grandmother judt got diabetes and my mother (whos ive told and is helping me thru this)also might be when she went for a checkup(came back high blood suger)also i tested negative last year and i had a similar situation happen to me where i freaked out 2  i have one question 2 can you make yourself feel sick and can i have hypocondria or watever u call it please if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it especially u ann since i came here a year ago and u helped me get thru it last time thank u :'(
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:34:47 pm by scared 213 »

Offline scared 213

Re: 10 seconds of exposure(please help)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:05:07 pm »
o ps.my gf told me she had a yeast infection and that was my first time i had sex with her (the one i thought might of got me infected

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:18:59 pm »
First off your symptoms came on to quick to be related to HIV. It's harder to transmit HIV from female to male. I doubt that you have anything to worry about with your brief exposure. You should always wear condoms consistently. If you continue to worry you and your girlfriend need to go test together so you know both your status. See your doctor or go to an STD clinic for  a panel to be ran.

Offline scared 213

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »
First off your symptoms came on to quick to be related to HIV. It's harder to transmit HIV from female to male. I doubt that you have anything to worry about with your brief exposure. You should always wear condoms consistently. If you continue to worry you and your girlfriend need to go test together so you know both your status. See your doctor or go to an STD clinic for  a panel to be ran.
how long do symptons show up and can i get thrush from oral sex (she had a yeast infection) and can i feel like this because i keep thinking it btw thank u for replying rapid rod i aprreciate it very much 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:08:23 pm »
The likelihood of having become infected during that single and very brief unprotected insertion is very remote. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It is significantly harder to accomplish from female to male.

However, very, very low risk is not the same as no risk. If only for your peace of mind I suggest you get tested at 13 weeks past the most recent unprotected incident.

You should be wearing a condom everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions no matter what you think you know about your partner's status or how great she looks or anything. The only time you can dispense with using them is when both partners test negative together and have agreed to be in a securely monogamous relationship together. Otherwise you have to use condoms. Period.

As far as your symptoms are concerned, none of them are in any way HIV specific and you should discuss them with your doctor.

Andy Velez

Offline scared 213

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 12:41:33 pm »
im going to see my doctor this friday thank u andy and rod i appreciate it very much i will keep u posted on the results :)

Offline scared 213

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 03:15:32 pm »
hi again im so worried i have hiv i went to the doctor said might be anxiety he put me on some meds to calm my  said i had a minor throat infection for my throat most of my symptons went away although my legs do feel tingly wtch is a hiv sympton and my lyph nodes although there not swollen and i noticed i got little yellow spots in my top lip they dont feel like anything does anyone kno what these are (oil glands?) and i have no fever or vomiting my appetite is coming back (i hadnt ate much in 5 days)im very  scared because ive always been a mes up n my family and sometinhg like this right now would be horrible my father just got his license back after not having it and my mother just got a promotion too not to mention my younger brother and i just started getting real close this situation culd ruin my family and make my father take up drinking again and could give my mother a heart attack (she has heart problems) im very scard since i am always safe with things like this (ive only had 3 partners in my life)  this  has got me down to the lowest degree ive been crying very much im getting tested this monday i was just wondering if i got a negative if it would be accurate  after mybe 5 n a half to 6 n a half weeks and would an encounter like the one i stated be a very big risk for infections  and could depression have a role in this making me think i have these symptons

Offline scared 213

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 06:29:53 pm »
can anyone help
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 08:03:53 pm by scared 213 »

Offline scared 213

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 08:02:00 pm »
can anyone please help me  :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 08:07:52 pm »
Anxiety and depression can cause all those symptoms and more. You can test at 6 weeks, but your conclusive test won't be till your thirteenth week.

Offline scared 213

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 08:28:10 pm »
Anxiety and depression can cause all those symptoms and more. You can test at 6 weeks, but your conclusive test won't be till your thirteenth week.
if i get a negative result though would it be a good chance im negative or could it change

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 08:36:10 pm »
Don't take the test at 6 weeks and take it at 13 weeks and you won't have any further stress and that test will be conclusive.

Offline scared 213

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 01:26:17 pm »
i appreciate it for the help rod just one last question  if i got a white dot on my tonsil mybe 3 to 6 days after the incident happened could that be a ars sympton or would it have happened to fast

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.