Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:06:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772948
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 450
Total: 451

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Good Morning to all the LTS  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Force1

Good Morning to all the LTS
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:39:29 pm »
Hope this finds you all health, wealthy and wise.
Everyone ready for the summer?

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Good Morning to all the LTS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »
Howdy!

Yes, I am very ready for summer.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:02:49 am »
this is my second summer back in SC, and after all those yrs in Ohio, I'm very happy this is turning out to be another wonderful sunny and HOT Spring/Summer already. I've had my pool open since the first of May and although the water is a touch chilly, I've been in the pool nearly every day - except the rainy ones, and the ones when I've been down at my boyfriend's house (getting laid 8) )

My tan is looking good already. Of course, I've gotten a lot of sun not just from reading by the pool; but from doing a ton of yard work as usual, and from a bunch of health fairs. With most of our student volunteers gone now, I've been working the health fair booth for my ASO for the last 5 or 6 weekends. And each event has been hot and very sunny. We're had incredible turnouts and great interest - over triple the visitors from each event last year. We've been running out of clinic pamphlets, task force pamphlets, pens, candy, and condom packs; so I've had to get staff to run to the clinic on the w/e to pick up more supplies! I've been going home after 4 or 5 hrs, sweaty, hot, hoarse,slightly sunburned and ready to jump in the pool  :D

mikie
who is sorta healthy, not anywhere near wealthy, and a wise-ass some of the time ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:01:45 am »

Everyone ready for the summer?

I can feel the sweat already coming out of my pores !   ;)  Their predicting 91 degrees for the high today.  8)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Force1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:30:15 am »
Two days of over 90 degree weather here in Tx, and the winds have been at 35mph each day.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 03:35:42 pm »
London along with the rest of the UK suddenly burst into spring/summer 6 days ago and it has made such a difference to everybodies mood.

For me far less pain , more energy . I had forgotten what it was like to not be swaddled in clothes and hunched up against the cold or rain.

Last 2 days lying in the garden reading and stretching like a cat.

Wonderful
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Blkpoznc34

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:53:45 am »
The temperature has already reached the 90's here in South Carolina. Preparing for a hot summer.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 09:59:50 am »
OH Yeah,  bike riding weather for me , I love it  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 10:03:32 am »
The temperature has already reached the 90's here in South Carolina.
greetings from equally hot Fort Mill  ;)

OH Yeah,  bike riding weather for me
too hot to bike here, with the humidity. I won't be biking again until Fall.
(it kinda makes me miss Ohio weather)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 10:08:43 am »

too hot to bike here, with the humidity. I won't be biking again until Fall.
(it kinda makes me miss Ohio weather)

I only do it in the AM when the heat index is below 5 and the temp is around 62 to 70 degrees
I just don't feel right if I don't do my 9 miles every day on my bike  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Force1

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 03:00:27 pm »
For you sports fans this last weekend in Texas was a car race. This relates because the track temps were well over 120 degrees. Air temps were hi 90s. This may be some fun for ya's. Do a google on 24 hrs of LeMons 8)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.