Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:32:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 210
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Advice please:warts and white tongue.  (Read 14312 times)

Offline Incognito12

Advice please:warts and white tongue.
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:04:08 am »
I need some guidance. 4 weeks ago a huge band of genital warts appeared under my foreskin. about 5cm x 2cm growth. I showed my doctor and all he said was 'hmm,looks pretty bad' but he offered no solution. I took matters into my own hands and applied regular wart remover. Bad mistake,severe burns! I then bought Aldara, after the 3rd application blisters appeared, very sore to say the least.
Question: will aldara not work because my cd4 is around 50? Is there anything else I can try? There looks like there's too many for laser treatment.
Second question: I've had a thick white coating on my tongue for over a year now. A couple of months ago I was prescribed flucozole 200mg taking one a day. It cleared up after 3 days but then came back a week later. Should I up my dose or is there another solution? Your input would be very much appreciated.  Take care. tb.

Offline tednlou2

Re: Advice please:warts and white tongue.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:08:13 am »
Tony,

Welcome to the forums.  Just wanted to say hello and I'm sorry you're dealing with these things.  I can't believe your doc would just dismiss it like that.  You should probably consider looking for a new one.  As for the meds, I will have to defer to the folks here with more knowledge. 

Wishing ya the best!

Ted

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:04:53 am »
Thanks Ted.
Unfortunately, the doctors here show little concern for foreigners with this disease. They would much rather we 'disappeared' back to our own respective countries.  tb.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:07:39 am »

Second question: I've had a thick white coating on my tongue for over a year now. A couple of months ago I was prescribed flucozole 200mg taking one a day. It cleared up after 3 days but then came back a week later. Should I up my dose or is there another solution? Your input would be very much appreciated.  Take care. tb.

Hello Tony,

The more damaged one's immune system is, the more difficult it can be to clear up candidiasis.  I had this back in 2003, and it was so severe it went down my esophagus.  It ended up, causing pneumonia.

So, you need to get treated for this again.  If you smoke and drink, I would suggest that you quit at this time,  Get started on another round of Diflucan, and try to get this back in check.

As your immune system rebuilds itself, the problem with the candidiasis, should start to diminish.

Make sure to read this lesson ( 5 or 6 pages) on this.  It may help to give you some more info:

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Candidiasis_6839.shtml

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 06:36:05 am »
Tony,

Here's the lesson on HPV. I have used Aldara cream in the past , with very little luck.  I used it on exterior warts, around the anus.  Eventually, the only way to get these removed, was surgically.  There is also a solution known as podifilox, that I also used.  I wouldn't be using any type of wart remover in that area.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/HPV_6805.shtml

http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/genital-warts.htm

Ray
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:39:48 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 07:55:55 am »
I want to respond in this thread about some info you post here as well as the pain in the pelvic area you explained in the other thread.

It is not clear if you got a doctor's opinion about what is causing the pain in your pelvis, and what might be a treatment or solution.  You seem to connect that to your HIV and low immunity.  But it isn't obvious to me, at least, what the relation is.  Meaning I think you need medical attention to that.

Which brings me to the observations about this thread.  You have mentioned now a few times that doctors are not giving you the attention and treatment that you need.

You had thrush over a year ago, saw a doctor, and they did not wonder about your HIV status?  I have had straight friends get thrush and their doctors always asked if they wanted HIV tests, but I suppose it is certainly possible a doctor would not inquire. 

You have explained that doctors have told you to go back to England. Also, you have shown that you have not gotten adequate information and treatment about some very serious medical conditions. For the warts, you resorted to an at home treatment that wont be the solution. 

I understand that Thailand is your home and where your family is, so let's go forward with the assumption you are there, and that you need to get healthy there, to continue your life and be with your family there. 

I was wondering if you have any ideas how you can get better medical attention, better treatment (or in some cases - any treatment at all), and for the first time, some follow up medical surveillance.  It is pretty important that you have this - regular medical surveillance and treatment for the various illnesses and problems that might be coming your way, whether they are related to HIV, reconstitution of your immune system now, or not even related to HIV.

Any possibilities or any ideas about how to get better medical care where you are?

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline joemutt

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:26 am »
While I feel sorry for what you are going through, I have been poz and living in Bangkok  for 14.5 years and I have always received excellent care. I have a doctor in one of the big hospitals that I go to for my two monthly consultation (700 thb), and do my tests / prescription filling cheaply at Anonymous Clinic. There is also a support group at Anonymous, every third Saturday of the month at 2 pm, pls look for reconfirmation of this. You could search this board or the health section at thaivisadotcom which has pinned info on resources and which is a searchable forum. Be Well.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 11:05:12 am »
Are you on HIV treatment?   I agree that if you are not receiving the care that you need from your doctor then you need to find a new one.  You have to be your own healthcare advocate. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 11:06:55 am »
Hi Tony,
You need to go to a doctor that will remove those warts for you.  I had one a long time ago and my doctor just put a little dab of some type of acid and it was gone within 24 hours.  It burned a little bit, but nothing crazy.  Over the counter wart remover would not be recommended.  The Aldera basically uses you immune system to get rid  of it, that could take a while.

With CD4's of 50, you should be on some type of prophalaxis (sp?) antibiotic and Diflucan until you CD4's rebound.

This is my opinion, i'm not a doctor, but have witnessed it in others. 
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline contagion

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 12:24:21 pm »
Go to a doc who will give you treatment - coz there is one for warts. Cryotherapy is an option and it's supposed to be painless and quick.
I have a t-shirt with my t-cells on it.

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 07:59:05 pm »
I shall investigate my options more carefully.  Many thanks. tb.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:45:22 pm by tony bush »

Offline ratcat

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 06:03:11 am »
Here I go again.  I don't know whats gotten into me today, but I do have some advice on treatment of both ailments....cheap treatment!

first and foremost...go see a doctor!  I am not a doctor.

and secondly, go get yourself a big bottle of vinegar from 7-11 for 20 baht!  Apple Cider Vinegar is supposed to be the best, and you can get it at any of the fancy supermarkets that cater to farang.  Regular white vinegar seems to work fine as well.

It works on both problems.  Here is how.  By the way, I used this treatment on my pecker 5 years ago...it worked...and they never came back.  I can't believe I am posting this!  You owe me 2 big Chang beers for this one.

1. dick warts-lol- :-[-get some cotton balls and soak them in vinegar.  Tape this to affected area and go to sleep!  Do it 3 days in a row. (you won't be able to do more...trust me...ouch! :'() 3 days on-3 days off until they dry up and fall off!  It works.  Google it.

2. Thrush- Gargle straight vinegar....and drink some too!(like a tablespoon or 2
)  Diluting it is for pussies so just go big!Brush your teeth and tongue directly after.  Vinegar will eat away your tooth enamel if you don't brush immediately after, and this is also best time to get rid of the thrush by brushing.  You will see results pretty quickly.  I would take the antifungal medicine as well.  Actually, I think I will get some for myself !

I hope this helps.  Remember...I am not a Doctor!...not by a long shot.

Offline SANJUANDUDE

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 07:30:30 am »
 :)  there was a cream that I was prescribed for veneral warts which got rid of them within a few months.  I can't recall the name of it, but it was expensive and ADAP, at least where I was at, paid for it.  I want to say it was, Aldara cream. 

http://timehasshownme.com
10/2011-CD-4-598-Undetectable
01/2012-CD-4-758-Undetectable
04/2012-CD$-780-70 Viral Load
08-2012-CD4-846--20 viral load
02/2013-CD$ 865----20 Undetectable Viral Load
08/2013- CD4-898----<20 undetectable viral load

Offline BM

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 08:30:28 am »
The best wart treatment I ever had was a cream called Warticon (in the UK) with active ingredient podophyllotoxin. No blisters or other nasties, just mild discomfort that was completely bearable. You apply it twice a day for three days then have four days off, repeating this weekly cycle as necessary. The warts just shrivel away to nothing by directly killing the wart cells.

Worth considering.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 02:20:32 pm »
Here I go again.  I don't know whats gotten into me today, but I do have some advice on treatment of both ailments....cheap treatment!

and secondly, go get yourself a big bottle of vinegar from 7-11 for 20 baht!  Apple Cider Vinegar is supposed to be the best, and you can get it at any of the fancy supermarkets that cater to farang.  Regular white vinegar seems to work fine as well.

It works on both problems.  Here is how.  By the way, I used this treatment on my pecker 5 years ago...it worked...and they never came back.  I can't believe I am posting this!  You owe me 2 big Chang beers for this one.

1. dick warts-lol- :-[-get some cotton balls and soak them in vinegar.  Tape this to affected area and go to sleep!  Do it 3 days in a row. (you won't be able to do more...trust me...ouch! :'() 3 days on-3 days off until they dry up and fall off!  It works.  Google it.

2. Thrush- Gargle straight vinegar....and drink some too!(like a tablespoon or 2
)  Diluting it is for pussies so just go big!Brush your teeth and tongue directly after.  Vinegar will eat away your tooth enamel if you don't brush immediately after, and this is also best time to get rid of the thrush by brushing.  You will see results pretty quickly.  I would take the antifungal medicine as well.  Actually, I think I will get some for myself !

I hope this helps.  Remember...I am not a Doctor!...not by a long shot.

Why on earth would anyone succumb themselves to wrapping their junk in vinegar or destroying their tooth enamel when a very simple solution of going to the doctor and getting a proper prescription would easily handle the situation? 

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 12:57:58 am »
Bug - because paying for doctors and treatment is a challenge.

But Tony this is something you have got to figure out, if at all possible. How can you get more regular medical attention and all the right treatment. 

I certainly don't know what is possible given your nature, your location, finances, etc.   I am sorry it is so tough, right now. I am sure you feel very weak for energy, and worried about how to deal with all these health challenges. 

Are there people in your city who might give you advice about plugging into good care?  Or is that just a dream?

I'm glad you are on the antivirals.  Slowly but surely you can build a healthy life but it takes personal grit AND some doctors and treatment.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 04:17:40 am »
I love vinegar. I put it on almost everything, well almost everything. It sounds such a crazy remedy, and I'M desperate to try anything.Aldara doesn't work on me. It just leaves blisters.
Unfortunately I don't have the money for expensive laser work. The white tongue looks like it's here to stay. I'm taking loads of flucozole but with no effect.
MECCH. i'm in bangkok and I haven't found a caring doctor...yet.
tb

Offline ratcat

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:45:38 am »
Try it..lol.  So Tony, how did the vinegar work?  Try the gargle first. You will be surprised with the results.  Also, go easy on sugar and bread, and eat yogurt. But, remember, I am not a doctor.  I am a witch doctor! 8)

Oh and MECCH, not everybody here is either rich, or on welfare....some people are fending for themselves the old fashioned way.  The dude asked for some advice, so I gave him some.  I'm tired of people on this forum always giving the same pussy answer for everything="go see a doctor". Well, I am a witch Doctor, so close enough! :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:52:11 am by ratcat »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:04 am »
I'm tired of people on this forum always giving the same pussy answer for everything="go see a doctor".

wow
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:24 am »
Oh and MECCH, not everybody here is either rich, or on welfare....some people are fending for themselves the old fashioned way.  The dude asked for some advice, so I gave him some.  I'm tired of people on this forum always giving the same pussy answer for everything="go see a doctor". Well, I am a witch Doctor, so close enough! :P

I think Mecch was defending your stance on vinegar wrapping....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 02:30:31 pm »
I love vinegar. I put it on almost everything
Yeah me too, I will put malt vinegar on my fries and balsamic vinegar in my olive oil but I'm not gone wrap my dick in it. 

MECCH. i'm in bangkok and I haven't found a caring doctor...yet.

Keep looking, Bangcok Is a big city I'm sure there are some good doctors there.  Can anyone else on here from Bangkok give Tony a referral please so he is not left wart covered smelling like a Cobb salad?

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 02:43:14 pm »
Ive never rubbed vinagar on my dick but a month ago i accidentally got some capsacian cream on it and i was told to use olive oil. i sure did use it and it worked  nothing else would stop the burning  so another good use for oil
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline wolfter

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 02:57:08 pm »
  I'm tired of people on this forum always giving the same pussy answer for everything="go see a doctor".

Really?????   

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 03:46:36 pm »
... Oh and MECCH, not everybody here is either rich, or on welfare....some people are fending for themselves the old fashioned way.  The dude asked for some advice, so I gave him some.  I'm tired of people on this forum always giving the same pussy answer for everything="go see a doctor". Well, I am a witch Doctor, so close enough! :P

What exactly is the "old fashioned" way of fending for yourself.  I receive disability from SS, which I paid for during my entire working life and it's not welfare.  Most of the folks I know here are either employed, or so disabled that they receive some form of government assistance that they have paid for during their working years.  We also have some folks, who must rely on welfare, for whatever reason, but so what?

Are you suggesting that folks who don't have access to such safety nets, are somehow superior to those who do?  I thought fending for yourself was making sure you survive and hopefully thrive, using all the tools at your disposal.  The fact that opportunities for health care are different across the world, is no excuse to demean anyone for surviving how ever they can.

As to your comment about us telling members to see a doctor, well what would you have us do?  Nobody here is a doctor and even if they were, an online forum is hardly the place to accurately diagnosis any issues.  The responsible thing to do is to encourage everyone to see a doctor if they have any health issues.  Slamming members for doing the responsible thing is a mark against your character, not ours.

Joe

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »
Try it..lol.  So Tony, how did the vinegar work?  Try the gargle first. You will be surprised with the results.  Also, go easy on sugar and bread, and eat yogurt. But, remember, I am not a doctor.  I am a witch doctor! 8)

Rat - Bug asked why on earth someone would consider a home remedy and I replied to Bug, based on what I read in Tony's thread. Tony considers these remedies because for a number of reasons he hasn't yet received good, thorough medical care.

You can be witch doctor, occultist, the biggest alternative medicine fan, or a fluent Esperanto speaker, no skin off my peewee.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »
I'm tired of people on this forum always giving the same pussy answer for everything="go see a doctor"
I can't for the life of me understand why you think telling someone to go see a professionial (some one trained and educated) isn't a good answer. Would it be better, in your opinion, to go see a lawyer for advice on treating HIV and it's related issues? ::) ::) Doh!

Hey! Lookie here! You gave the same "pussy answer" yourself. What a hypocrite! ::)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »
Oh and MECCH, not everybody here is either rich, or on welfare....some people are fending for themselves the old fashioned way.
as the OP is in Bangkok should there be any discussion about "welfare"?   :o ::)

However ratcat, if you're an American, there is something you should be made aware of - welfare does not provide medical treatment/payment. Being eligible for welfare is one way to obtain medicaid in the states; but so does being disabled, receiving social security, having dependent children (out of the 5mill US citizens on welfare, 4mill are underage children), or being under a certain level of FPL requirements (ie the working poor). These qualifications can also enable people to receive food stamps from the SNAP program.

besides all that, receiving welfare is simply not something to be ashamed of or to think of as something "bad". (quit listening to those ill-informed Republicans. LOL) Welfare is a very valueable safety net that we as Americans have put in place (also with medicaid, food stamps, ADAP, WIC, etc) to help people from falling through the cracks and dying from starvation, homelessness, or medical issues. With an abundance of wealth, we're trying very hard to be a first world nation by having these social programs. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 02:28:21 am »
There's a lot of passion in your posts. That's a good thing. I wil try almost anything to rid myself of this alien growth. There are too many for laser treatment plus they are fully mature minature cauliflowers.
As I previously stated, Aldara was useless so I'm on my first day of cider vinegar. I shall report the results.
It stings like hell but no pain no gain eh?
I have always loved the taste of vinegar and I've started to gargle but no results as yet.
I'm not working at the moment so I have to be careful about cash. When some energy returns then I can work again.
stay healthy
tb.

Offline ratcat

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 06:34:33 am »
Good luck Tony, and I hope that I have helped.  I am sure you googled this remedy, as this is how I found it as well.  Let us know how it goes!

And to everybody else, I must apologize for any offense that I may have caused! Thanks for setting me straight Leatherman.  I have the utmost respect for you and have read many of your posts.  You are the man. Yes, some people do deserve to be helped by the system, and definitely should be.  I am an American, and I have just seen way to many fat lazy fucks at Wall Mart paying for massive shopping carts full of groceries with federal aid food stamps.  I went a different route because of this.  I may have made the wrong choice...time will tell! ::)

But, I still think that always answering with "go see a doctor" is a pussy answer.  If somebody asks for genuine advice, I think it's best to give them what they asked for...real advice. :P  I did recommend seeing a specialist, and I also made my own recommendations.

Good luck Tony.  Remember, you are not alone. :D

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 08:32:18 am »
And to everybody else, I must apologize for any offense that I may have caused! Thanks for setting me straight Leatherman.  I have the utmost respect for you and have read many of your posts.  You are the man.
promising start.

Yes, some people do deserve to be helped by the system, and definitely should be.  I am an American, and I have just seen way to many fat lazy fucks at Wall Mart paying for massive shopping carts full of groceries with federal aid food stamps.

oops.

I went a different route because of this.  I may have made the wrong choice...time will tell! ::)

But, I still think that always answering with "go see a doctor" is a pussy answer.  If somebody asks for genuine advice, I think it's best to give them what they asked for...real advice. :P  I did recommend seeing a specialist, and I also made my own recommendations.

Nothing wrong with home remedies if they don't harm.  You are hedging,  Follow medical science, or not? What's your position.  There's no home remedy for HIV, right.  And far as I know, there is no condyloma infection too large or "mature" for medical science to treat. Which seems to be a rationalization of Tony's.  He's not getting good medical treatment.
That needs to be addressed.  Everything in its place.   

I had a boyfriend in NYC who didn't have money or insurance when he was diagnosed with AIDS in the 1980's.  He also didn't trust medical science though it subsequently saved his life a few times. Although NY/American doctors, meds, and hospitals, couldn't offer much to fight HIV, it could help him through Pneumonia and thrush.  Lost his beautiful apartment.  Lost everything.  Tried one wild home remedy after another.  Increasingly out there on the faith in alternatives to medicine.  We all wondered if this was a lack of hope (rational for the time - since people died of HIV!) combined with lack of money and access! 

I think it is normal to doubt or discredit medical science when medical science says you can't have me because you are poor.  Or sends you bankruptcy inducing bills. I think its normal to doubt or discredit medical science when it does NOT offer effective treatments for some ailment.  There is surely always a place for a personal critical distance from medicine, yes for this, no for that, etc.  There is surely a place for whatever remedy might work when for some reason you can't have medical treatment that DOES work.

Tony, you don't even need to find a "nice doctor".  Although nice is a bonus. 

You need to figure out what your right is, for treatment, about all the things associated with low immunity, and get medical treatment, because so many many things can be treated.  And find the determination to get the treatments, come hell or high water.  For yourself, and your family.

And it is very good you are on the antivirals now, and slowly the body can rebuild.  But it is a risky time, and lots of health challenges, and many of these challenges too can benefit from treatment.

Thank god it isn't the 80's or early 90's.  Thank God we don't HAVE TO believe in alternative therapies, or HAVE TO resort to them, for lack of knowledge, effective treatment, for lack of hope, or money or personal political beliefs about how to live ones life.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:28:23 am by mecch »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:31 am »
Tony, you don't even need to find a "nice doctor".  Although nice is a bonus. 

You need to figure out what your right is, for treatment, about all the things associated with low immunity, and get medical treatment, because so many many things can be treated.  And find the determination to get the treatments, come hell or high water.  For yourself, and your family.

Well said, I agree.

Tony, your situation seems so precarious it worries me.  If it was simply a case of genital warts home remedies  would be fine.  But from reading your other threads about dismissive doctors and the likes, the care you are receiving seems inadequate at best.  This is not a good mix for someone with a severely compromised immune system. 

Are there alternatives where you are?  A different doctor perhaps?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:44 pm »
I'm looking for another doctor presently. I know that genital warts is the least of my problems, I guess it's more of a psychological  thing. If I can see them disappear then maybe other things will start to get better as well.
Perhaps I'm being too hard on the doctors I've seen. Perhaps I expect too much from them. I see by your various posts that many of you are well versed on this subject.  I have an awful lot to learn about my condition and what questions to ask the doctor. Reading your informative posts is helping me enormously so thank you all. I have to agree that having this disease in the 21st century can allow you a more comfortable existence. Several of my close friends died a dreadful death back in the early eighties. I shall persevere. By the way, the vinegar treatment bloody hurts. Hope it's worth it !

Offline joemutt

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 11:59:53 pm »
I'm looking for another doctor presently. I know that genital warts is the least of my problems, I guess it's more of a psychological  thing. If I can see them disappear then maybe other things will start to get better as well.
Perhaps I'm being too hard on the doctors I've seen. Perhaps I expect too much from them. I see by your various posts that many of you are well versed on this subject.  I have an awful lot to learn about my condition and what questions to ask the doctor. Reading your informative posts is helping me enormously so thank you all. I have to agree that having this disease in the 21st century can allow you a more comfortable existence. Several of my close friends died a dreadful death back in the early eighties. I shall persevere. By the way, the vinegar treatment bloody hurts. Hope it's worth it !

I have sent you a pm with the name of a good doctor. Up to you, as they say here.

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 05:54:42 am »
Thank you Joemutt, I shall check it out and let you know.
tb

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 06:17:20 am »
Sorry Joe but I haven't recived a pm from you giving me the name of a good doctor. I have just received an e-mail... lessons in how to find and what to ask, but no name. Having said that the e-mail information is very very helpful.
tb

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.