Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:54:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Movies and more movies.....  (Read 318016 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Movies and more movies.....
« Reply #550 on: July 13, 2008, 05:47:55 pm »
Just watched "I'm Not There," a movie about Bob Dylan.  It was excellent.

Oh, the Todd Haynes film?  I really want to see that one.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #551 on: July 13, 2008, 09:37:25 pm »
I watched The glass slipper a movie from 1955.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_Slipper
Cute movie.

And I also watched The Eye. I liked it.

I started watching The Usual Suspects  but I lost interest because I think I saw the movie before. Its one of those movies that start at the end, then goes back to the begining and is all over the place.

I dont know what I'll watch next. I'm not terribly interested an any of the movies on my to be seen list right now.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #552 on: July 13, 2008, 10:41:15 pm »
Oh, the Todd Haynes film?  I really want to see that one.

Yes, that's the Todd Haynes' film.  Cate Blachett was nominated for best supporting actress.  It's very well done.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Iggy

« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2008, 10:55:03 am »
Charlotte just started this whole $5/ticket price thing for all movies Mon-Thurs and Weekend Day showings so between the light rail going to a local place and the new low prices Jeromy and I should be able to start catching up on some summer movies.

We just saw HellBoy II this weekend and it was a lot more fun then I thought it was going to be - particularly the Barry Manilow scene.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2008, 06:19:00 am »
We managed to watch Hellboy I and Stargate: Ark of Truth and I couldn't tell you the 1st thing about either one except Hellboy likes Babe Ruth candy bars.  Shortly after they both started, I was sound asleep on the couch.  But, according to Hubby, both were VERY good.

Mum (who is going to re-start taking afternoon naps)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #555 on: July 15, 2008, 05:14:00 pm »
Just watched At The Movies (Ebert & Roeper) last night, and they had an early review of the new Batman movie.  Both reviewers just gushed with praise.

Richard Roeper said it was the best movie of the year so far, the best superhero movie OF ALL TIME, and worthy of a best movie Oscar nomination.  They said it was very dark, but also touches of humor -- the perfect mix and all that.

They both said Heath Ledger's Joker was also worthy of an Oscar nod.

Can't wait.  Christian Bale in black leather is all I need to shell out $12 (yup -- the going price in NYC).

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2008, 11:47:46 pm »
I do agree Christian Bale does make a very good Batman, so dark. Tim Burton didn't do this one or the last one did he? I am curious to see Heath Ledger as the Joker, not saying he is a bad actor, I am sure I have seen him in something, hmm, just can't think of what right now. I wish since they have done the Batgirl and Robin angle that someone would've done the Joker with his side kick/girl friend Harley Quinn.

(who sometimes roots for the Bad Guy or Girl) ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Iggy

« Reply #557 on: July 16, 2008, 12:13:38 pm »
...all I need to shell out $12 (yup -- the going price in NYC).

There are some things I don't miss about NY!

As far as great movies though...Charlotte is having a zombie fest in September and George Romero will be in attendance at several events.

The one that Jeromy was able to get me tickets for is a screening of The Night of the Living Dead, with GAR also taking questions and showing the winner of the American Zombie Film contest.

I also hope to catch him at another event later that weekend where he will be hosting a Dawn of The Dead showing!

I was intrigued by the midnight Zombie costume party as well - until I heard it was going to be tied into a showing of Diary of The Dead. *sigh*

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:17:28 pm by Iggy »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #558 on: July 16, 2008, 01:11:54 pm »
I am curious to see Heath Ledger as the Joker, not saying he is a bad actor, I am sure I have seen him in something, hmm, just can't think of

He was one of the cowboys in Brokeback Mountain.

Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xuugq7fito

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #559 on: July 21, 2008, 12:48:09 pm »
I watched Shutter last night. It was ok.

Description - This American remake of a Thai horror blockbuster follows the Shaws, a young newlywed couple who become haunted by strange shadowlike images in the photographs they develop after their involvement in a car accident. As more terrifying supernatural occurrences befall them, they begin to wonder whether the photographic ghosts are connected to the accident -- and to question whether they can survive learning the truth.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxDl2-qnVs

Next is the Spiderwick Chronicles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8supGNfhJIY

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #560 on: July 21, 2008, 03:27:47 pm »
Hi Everyone,
   Just wanted to check in about the new Batman movie, "Dark Knight" Norm and I went to see it last night. It was a most excellent movie. I was never bored during the roughly 2 hours and 40 minutes or so that it played for. All of the actors in it had their roles nailed, and the acting itself was superb. I must say that I agree with the majority of people that Heath Ledger put  in a truly great performance as the Joker. He was truly convincing in his role. The best was seeing him as the Joker in drag dressed as a nurse. It's a shame that he is gone now, and that we will never see anything more of his work, but had he lived, I truly believe that this role would have propelled him into the small group of actors who are destined to become legends. I highly recommend going to see this one.

CaptCarl (who generally doesn't care much for movies made from comic books)
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #561 on: July 21, 2008, 05:40:57 pm »
I just saw Hellboy II. It was a decent popcorn movie with some excellent creatures and effects. You'll never think of the tooth fairy in the same way again!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #562 on: July 22, 2008, 10:22:09 am »
I saw Mama Mia this past Friday night with the "movie bears" .  Pierce Brosnan can't sing to save his life but the movie had its moments and I recommend it.  I don't know if loving ABBA is the deal breaker on this one.  I saw the Broadway show before the movie and as it usually happens, the stage version was better for me (maybe because I am a Broadway queen).  I wouldn't go see it at the movies again, but I am glad I did see it on the big screen at least once.  Let's just say I had to go out and be a dancing queen after watching the movie.   :)

Tomorrow night I go see Batman in IMAX  ;D
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #563 on: July 22, 2008, 11:14:34 am »
I'm so curious about "Mama Mia" but I'm not that crazy about musicals.  The only one I've seen that actually enjoyed was "Chicago".   I also saw "Shutter", wasn't that bad - it was ok.   "The Bank Job" was pretty good - except the English accents were so thick, I had to turn on the sub titles to understand what the heck they were saying!
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #564 on: July 22, 2008, 11:47:01 am »
The Bank Job was good. I'll see anything with Jason Statham! ;)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #565 on: July 22, 2008, 03:35:57 pm »

Amen.

Wini, I also saw "Shutter"....it was o.k.     I have to say that "There Will be Blood" didn't impress me all that much (but Daniel Day Lewis was great, so I can see why he won).  It had the strangest music...
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline atlq

« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2008, 03:38:48 pm »

....word....
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2008, 06:43:36 pm »
 I have to say that "There Will be Blood" didn't impress me all that much (but Daniel Day Lewis was great, so I can see why he won).  It had the strangest music...

I liked "There Will Be Blood."  And you're right, Alan.  Daniel Day Lewis was exceptional.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #568 on: July 22, 2008, 06:45:43 pm »

Amen. I love him in anything but really liked him in Crank and Snatch.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2008, 08:27:09 pm »
Here is the trailer for Jason Statham's new movie Death Race.  Fast cars, big booms and Statham with his shirt off... what's not to love!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/trailers-screenplay-vi4041736473

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2008, 09:44:59 pm »
I'll see anything with Jason Statham! ;)

Mmmmmmmmmm. Jason Statham....
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline ozzie

« Reply #571 on: July 24, 2008, 06:09:59 pm »
Mmmmmmmmmm. Jason Statham....

mmmmmmmmmmm

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #572 on: August 18, 2008, 04:32:59 pm »
See? I disappear for a few and my thread disappears with me... :-\  Anyhoo, in recognition of being back, I once again will kick the dirt off this thread.... I know in my absence someone here had to go to the movies and see something.

Being the lover of vampire flicks that I am, I had to go out and buy Lost Boys, The Tribe. Kind of a part 2 to the original Lost Boys and Kiefer Sutherland's baby bro is the lead vampire in The Tribe. Though the storyline was eh, ok, it paid homage in it's own way. The only original cast member from the first movie was Corey Feldman as Edgar Frog, vampire slayer.

And also being the zombie lover that I am, I also bought Day of the Dead with Nick Cannon in it. What can I say? I am a sucker for George Romero flicks. It was also cute to see a zombie who was a vegeterian have a crush on one of the girls. But the zombies in this one were smarter and faster. It had a decent storyline and a brief cameo of Ving Rhames who was in Dawn of the Dead, another Romero zombie film.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #573 on: August 18, 2008, 05:18:16 pm »
I took myself to see "The Dark Knight" a couple weeks ago, and last Friday took my granddaughter to see "Wall-E."  Both were excellent.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #574 on: August 18, 2008, 06:23:39 pm »
Trailer for Day of the dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvT-ZgZjS0

I saved it to my Netflix account. I like zombie movies too.
"Why do white people always want to split up?" made me laugh.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #575 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:33 pm »
I took myself to see "The Dark Knight" a couple weeks ago, and last Friday took my granddaughter to see "Wall-E."  Both were excellent.

I am so dying to see the Dark Knight and Wall E trailers seemed cute that I saw.

Trailer for Day of the dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvT-ZgZjS0

I saved it to my Netflix account. I like zombie movies too.
"Why do white people always want to split up?" made me laugh.

But it is true, think of every horror film you have seen, white people always want to go investigating stuff or think they are safe because they have a gun when they are going up against something that is already freaking dead. Or how about the ones who are all ready to have a fuckathon but before they get started they got to say someone's name 5 times....WTF? Now most black folks isn't going anywhere near anything like that and if they do it is because they are hanging with their white friends. And are usually the first ones to get killed. Though that was changed in Freddy vs Jason, Kelly Rowland did actually make it through most of the movie and gets mad props in my book for having to give Jason mouth to mouth....*shudders*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #576 on: August 18, 2008, 08:32:27 pm »
LOL I haven't noticed the name thing.

What is it like?
Oh Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle!

?          LOL

I dont do that BTW... Sounds like bad porn.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #577 on: August 18, 2008, 10:30:33 pm »
LOL I haven't noticed the name thing.

What is it like?
Oh Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle!

?          LOL

I dont do that BTW... Sounds like bad porn.

Do say you are kidding about the name thing...Haven't you seen Candyman or Bloody Mary?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #578 on: August 18, 2008, 10:41:09 pm »
Its been forever. I dont think I have seen either movie in 10 or more years.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #579 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:15 pm »
I finally got around to seeing Mancock, I mean, Hancock starring Wil Smith.   I am noticing a recent trend with Wil's movies.  He wants us all to be aware that he is all grow'd up- a man now- since he had scenes half-naked in his last three films (I. Robot sent me ovah).  In Hancock, he is in a scene with ripped and burned up clothes showing a nice 1/2 soot covered bootay shot.  When this came on, nearly everyone (guys and gals) in the theatre went "ooohhhh" At that point, I noticed the air conditioning kicked up a notch. Thank you theatre staff!   Mind you, I am not complaining. Oh, by the way, Hancock was an interesting movie about a down and out alcoholic superhero who finds his soulmate and redemption.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:31:49 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline minismom

« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2008, 11:46:40 pm »
Ok, I admit for the record that I am old and sad.  I just rented, and watched, the 2nd War Games movie, the 2nd Scorpian King movie, and the 2nd Art of War movie.  All 3 sucked pretty bad.  At least I got 1 of them for free - almost made it worth the effort. 

mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #581 on: August 24, 2008, 12:33:17 am »
Ok, I admit for the record that I am old and sad.  I just rented, and watched, the 2nd War Games movie, the 2nd Scorpian King movie, and the 2nd Art of War movie.  All 3 sucked pretty bad.  At least I got 1 of them for free - almost made it worth the effort. 

mum

I wanted to see the 2nd Scorpion King and I agree Art of War 2 movie did suck majorly. Never knew there was a War Games 2 but didn't really like the first one.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #582 on: August 24, 2008, 02:57:30 pm »
OneTampa - He does have a nice booty.

I watched I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry last night. It was kinda cute.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQiaMvAmBdY

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:53 pm »
Win-
I watched that the other night too. Some parts, I thought were hysterical. Ving Rhames in the shower! Yum!
 ;D :o
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2008, 11:03:11 pm »
Now he is one big fella.  :)

Offline Texan38

« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2008, 10:43:56 am »
I didn't like "Chuck & Larry", although - yes, Ving Rhames in the shower!.....ooohhhh yeeaaaahhhh.
I bought "What Happens In Vegas" and "Smart People" and I also bought "Grizzly" the 1976 movie - I don't remember it that well but I do remember it scared the crap out of me when it came out on cable, I must've been around 9 or 10.  Oh, and I also bought "Soapdish" with Sally Field and Robert Downey Jr., that is such a funny slapstick movie - it's silly fun.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline minismom

« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:42 pm »
We rented "We are Marshall" tonight.  I'm NOT a football fan by any stretch of the imagination.  However, we live in WV, we have friends who have attended and graduated from Marshall University.  This is a beautifully done movie and truly honors those 75 football players and coaches who died in November 1970 in a tragic plane crash.

I didn't realize that 6 of the players are buried in a small plot of land on campus.  Their remains were so charred that they couldn't be identified or separated.  So, they were burried together with a plaque bearing all 6 names and birthdates.

Mum (who keeps passing kleenxes to her big, tough Hubby...so he can dry his tears.)
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.