Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

features of the site

<< < (11/11)

Rev. Moon:
I still adore my iPad.  One of the best inventions evah.

Tedderz, you just need to get used to some of the gadget's idiosyncrasies.  You may want to download the free ebook that explains its features and some "unknown tricks" (i.e. splitting the keyboard, some of the best apps you need to get, etc).  Be sure to get "Docs" for ebooks and PDF files, and McTube as a YouTube platform.

Guillermina, you don't need an iPad.  Stick to your Dell laptop from 2002.

Buckmark:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on January 18, 2013, 03:13:17 pm ---....
Another issue is many websites, mostly news sites, have video that says it requires Flash or some other program, but the IPad is not set up for it.  Sometimes, you can get around that by finding the video in other places that will play on IPad.  Or, when you can play the video, there's no share button or copy URL button.

--- End quote ---

Dear Tedderz...  Apple, and in particular Steve Jobs, was / is adamant that its products would not support Adobe Flash.  As Miss P said, you should have investigated first.  And, it's all about apps these days, not browsers.   ::)   

That said, even with iOS 6 the multi-tasking capabilities suck on an iPad or iPhone.  And there's no point in having multiple cores on a processor if the software can't multi-task effectively.  That's one area where iOS is a big fail.  I'm puzzled why the engineers at Apple haven't addressed this -- multi-tasking is hardly a new concept.  But they will catch up, sooner or later, because Samsung is giving Apple a bit of competition.

Phablets or Phoneblets are great, as long as you carry a backpack or a murse.  They are hardly pocket-sized, and kind of a pain to hold up to your ear.  You'll want a bluetooth headset.

buginme2:
I recently changed phones from my Iphone to a Galaxy S3.  I have an Ipad and I am thinking that when its time to get a new Ipad I will probably skip Apple and get a Samsung if Apple doesnt update their product soon.

Apple was on the forefront in the phone and tablet market.  However, lately it seems Samsung (and some others) are leapfrogging them with their technology.

Not only that, Apples price point also is a bit high for what you get.

(Samsungs keyboard however sucks.  Apples keyboard is way more intuitive)

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: Rev. Moon on January 19, 2013, 12:03:29 am ---I still adore my iPad.  One of the best inventions evah.

Tedderz, you just need to get used to some of the gadget's idiosyncrasies.  You may want to download the free ebook that explains its features and some "unknown tricks" (i.e. splitting the keyboard, some of the best apps you need to get, etc).  Be sure to get "Docs" for ebooks and PDF files, and McTube as a YouTube platform.

Guillermina, you don't need an iPad.  Stick to your Dell laptop from 2002.

--- End quote ---

I will check out the tips.  I love the iPad.  It is nice to be able to be online in 30 seconds, instead of firing up the laptop.  I thought about getting a Samsung, because I love my galaxy 2 phone.  The screen is so much better.  I still use my phone more than anything to get online.  I do think Apple is going to see much more competition.

About using apps instead of the browser, I searched for a poz.com app, but unfortunately there isn't one.  That would be nice.  We do have an old Dell laptop from like 2002.  It's funny how thick it is.  You nailed that one, but it hasnt worked for years.  But, I was using a Gateway from 2005-06.  I would only use it now to write letters. 

Microsoft is moving toward tablet PCs.  My partner has one. 

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: Buckmark on January 19, 2013, 12:24:12 am ---Dear Tedderz...  Apple, and in particular Steve Jobs, was / is adamant that its products would not support Adobe Flash.  As Miss P said, you should have investigated first.  And, it's all about apps these days, not browsers.   ::)   

That said, even with iOS 6 the multi-tasking capabilities suck on an iPad or iPhone.  And there's no point in having multiple cores on a processor if the software can't multi-task effectively.  That's one area where iOS is a big fail.  I'm puzzled why the engineers at Apple haven't addressed this -- multi-tasking is hardly a new concept.  But they will catch up, sooner or later, because Samsung is giving Apple a bit of competition.

Phablets or Phoneblets are great, as long as you carry a backpack or a murse.  They are hardly pocket-sized, and kind of a pain to hold up to your ear.  You'll want a bluetooth headset.

--- End quote ---

Don't must youtube clips have a html5 option?

https://www.youtube.com/html5

Also, read this: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en&topic=2676376

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version