Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:42:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: scared if i was at risk  (Read 14132 times)

Offline dlcali

scared if i was at risk
« on: January 19, 2008, 02:07:41 pm »
Hello thank you for taking the time to answer. Here is what happened to me.

Last night I went out with a guy and we hit it off. We went back to his place and things started up. We performed oral on each other. What scares me is the following. I did oral on him for about a minute without a condom. Then after that he got on top of me and put his penis in my mouth for about a minute. Then a couple of times he tried to go all the way. I felt his penis go all the back in my throat. I didn't gag but almost because it was way back there. Well after he wanted to have sex I didn't have a condom and asked him if he did. He said no but he still wanted without a condom. I said no way and got up. He insisted to have sex but we didn't. That is what scared me to think he was willing to do it without carring if he was protected or not. So now I am scared that maybe he was +. Just his behavior not caring if he had a condom or not without really knowing each other. I know I am negative I tested a couple of months ago and have not been active in the last 6 months.

Well wanted to know how risky was it? Is there a slight chance to get infected since he went so deep in my throat? He did not ejaculate. It's just today I woke up with a bump in the back of my thought like a pimple and it hurts.

Well with all that happening I am very scared....Please help!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello need help on something..
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 03:40:50 pm »
OK, you ought to take a breath, a good one in and let it out slowly. I'm not kidding. Do it now. You're worried about something which is a risk for HIV transmission only in theory. In the real world of HIV it doesn't happen in the manner you're concerned about.

Although there are a very few cases which attribute transmission through giving head to a guy, they are not well documented or really credible. By contrast there are longterm studies of both sero-discordant gay and straight couples who had lots of unprotected mutual oral and only protected intercourse. The result has been not a single sero-negative partner has become infected.

Additionally, your saliva has several elements which inhibit HIV's ability to be transmitted.

You might keep in mind for future reference that good oral care is also a helpful preventive measure against transmission. It's good to know that you are holding firmly about not having intercourse unless a condom is used. That's exactly what you should be doing to protect your health.

Given what you have described I don't see any cause for concern nor for testing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:45:48 am »
Thank you Andy.

So I was at risk atleast a small risk involved?

Should I test? I am just worried still of what should I do and if I should let it go or really get a test. Not sure.

Thanks all

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 04:52:13 pm »
I've already told you quite clearly that I don't consider testing to be necessary.

If you are going to gnaw away at this, (unnecessarily I might add), then get tested at 13 weeks and collect the inevitable negative result.

In general we recommend that anyone who's sexually active out to regularly have a full STD panel done -- at least annually - as other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. 
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:50:09 pm »
It has been almost two weeks on Friday. I am experimenting something scary. I know you can not diagnos on symptoms. I just wanted to know if the following is one of the known symptoms of ars.

All over my bottom i have bright red rashes and bumps. I have red bumbs around my groin on my leg. But mostley all over my bum. I am very white and the redness covers all of my bum. Mostly red with swallen bumps on certain areas.....

Just need to know if this is one of a known symptoms of ars. Thanks for the patience and support......

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:58 pm »
No these are not symptoms of ARS.

It sounds to me like you've got a red rash on your toilet parts. If you're concerned you should show said toilet parts to your doctor.

You don't have HIV.

Offline dlcali

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »
Sorry me again. I am very worried since it has been 16 days and I have a bad sora throught, body aches and some fever....Man I can't believe it. When is the soonest I can take the test....

Please help out if you can..thanks......

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 05:25:40 pm »
#1 Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV no matter what your frightened mind tells you to the contrary.

#2 Symptoms never tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Yours are in no way suggestive of HIV.

#3 You need to see your doctor or a dermatologist to find out what's up with your symptoms.

#4 This is not an HIV situation. Period.

#5 If you insist on testing for piece of mind do it at 6 weeks after the most recent sexual incident you are concerned about. For future reference, the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus. An exposure which I hasten to add you didn't have.   
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:50 pm »
Well its been 4 in a half weeks since. I plan to get a test in a couple of weeks. I have been worried last week I had diaharia and this week I broke out with pimples all over my back and on my face. I have never had that in my life since I never get pimples. Especially so many all over. Well can't wait till I know. Anyways last question before the test. If I was infected getting these pimples all over my back and face is this a know symptom? Please don't get upset I promise its the last question. Thank u for the input.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 11:01:16 pm »
You and I both know that won't be your last question, so don't make promises you can't and won't keep.

It's about time you started reading the advice we've been giving you. We don't do this for laughs, you know. You were not at risk, you don't need to tests. Your symptoms are not caused by HIV because you don't have HIV.

I really don't know how much clearer we can be on this point.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 05:05:17 pm »
No, your pimples are absolutely not an ARS or HIV symptom. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 05:35:08 pm »
Hello again as I promised I will not ask a question. I called the guy today that I was with and gave him oral. He confirmed he is hiv+ doesn't know when he got it. That got me so scared. Especialy the way I have been feeling. On Friday it will be 8 weeks. Since the last time i wrote 4 weeks ago I have had soar throats 2 or 3 days every week and now I have a bad soar throat and fever in bed.

Just putting the fact that I have been so sick the last 6 weeks and he being poz, makes me sooo sad. I have not had a chance to test but now I will have to after getting the news. Anyways thanks guys for all the support.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 09:04:54 pm »
Good. Get tested at 13 weeks and collect what I expect will be a negative result.

In the meantime discuss your symptoms with your doctor since I don't think they have anything to do with HIV.

And stay productively busy during your waiting time rather than indulging in drama about this issue.
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:24 pm »
so I should wait for 13 weeks or can I test now? Oh so it does merit testing?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:51:04 pm »
No, you don't need to get tested. We've already told you that several times. You weren't at risk. But you just won't let go of this. So I was just going along with YOUR decision to get tested. And by CDC standards that means getting tested at 13 weeks. Otherwise you'll just be back here with more "can I be sure" stuff if you do it before that time frame.

We've told you what we think. You've got this bone and you just keep chewing on it. What is going to happen is that you're going to get a time out very soon for coming back here with more of the same unwarranted worrying.

Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 09:55:31 pm »
sorry for that. I really appreciate your comments and advice.

Offline dlcali

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 06:37:07 pm »
hello I am back after a situation that just happened. I was with a t-girl getting a message. I was on my stomach and she was on top. She spread my legs and put cream and started to message my anus. Then she went up and down wit her/he penis and would go up and down were my anis is. I felt the tip of the penis on my hole a few times about 10 times. I could feel it not all the way inside but like a slight presuee in the hole and around it. After I asked him to put a condom and went in briefly. Was there a risk? Should I get tested?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 07:10:09 pm »
You did not have a risk.

Offline dlcali

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 05:13:47 pm »
Sorry but looking back I am doubting if he put a condom on. I was laying down and never saw. He said he got one but I didn't see if he put it on. He went in and I said it hurt and he pulled out. Just one in and out. Was I at risk since it only went in once? I'm getting real scared. Please help thank you all.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 05:34:49 pm »
Your questions have been answered.

Offline dlcali

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 08:14:53 pm »
Just wondering since he went in briefly without a condom maybe 10 seconds I was not at risk? Just need to know if I should test if im at risk or I can put it behind me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 08:22:26 pm »
Is there a reason that you don't understand the replies that have been given to you? How many times do you have to be told that you did not have a risk?

Offline dlcali

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 08:25:22 pm »
Sorry rapid rod. Don't mean to get anyone upset. Like i mentioned that the person went inside me without a condom and this was anal. So even though she said no risk just want to make sure that even though he didn't use a condom it was brief and I am ok. Sorry sometimes when your nevouse you need reassurance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:16 pm »
Well after he wanted to have sex I didn't have a condom and asked him if he did. He said no but he still wanted without a condom. I said no way and got up. He insisted to have sex but we didn't.

Did you or didn't you not post the above in your very first post? It's time for you to move on.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:50 pm »
So what does this mean Cali?

Sorry but looking back I am doubting if he put a condom on. I was laying down and never saw. He said he got one but I didn't see if he put it on.

Once again your fevered imagination and unfounded fears of HIV infection have over-ruled what little common sense you have.

Nevertheless if you have any reason to doubt that he was wearing a condom, get tested 13 weeks from the date of the encounter. You've been here long enough to know this stuff.

MtD

Offline dlcali

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 09:14:50 pm »
Sorry Rapid Rod but that was another situation the first one. The post mentions two. The questions I had is for the latter situation.

Offline dlcali

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 09:16:50 pm »
Thanks Matty for your responce

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 09:28:14 pm »
I agree with Matty that if there is any doubt in your mind as to whether penetration took place, then certainly get tested at 13 weeks. Given what you have described that it was very brief, there was no ejaculation and it was only the one time, I certainly expect you to test negative.

There's a lesson for you to learn here. You can have sex with anyone you like and as often as you want to. Their HIV status is irrelevant as long as whoever the penetrating partner is always, without exception wearing a condom. It's YOUR responsibility to stay alert and make sure that happens.

I expect you to come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 09:29:27 pm »
Thanks Andy for your words. I will test and make sure this doesn't happen again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 07:56:48 am »
Good.
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali08

scared if i was at risk
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 10:33:46 pm »
Hello all thanks for your help. I basically met someone online and I met at their place. We deply kissed for about an hour. Well he sucked me on and off until i came in his mouth. The durrring a 1 hour perior i did oral on him on and off for about a minuted each time. He did not cum in my mouth, not sure if there was pre-cum but i imagine there might have been. He also rimmed me with his mouth for a while so saliva did go into me and fingered me. I also rimmed him with my mouth.

What got me worried is that he wanted to penetrate me and tried without a condom and I stopped him and then asked if he was hiv + and he did admit he was.. So scared now because i know he is and i did perform oral, rimmed him..Please help i am male and this experience is driving me crazy.

well thanks you and hope to get your opinion.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:47:55 pm by dlcali08 »

Offline RapidRod

Re: scared if i was at risk
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 02:51:38 am »
If you weren't penetrated you were never at risk of contracting HIV in the situations you've provided.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 07:55:43 am »
The issue of protecting yourself in terms of sexual transmission of HIV is not complicated. Just use a condom everytime for anal (and vaginal) intercourse.  It really is that simple. Those are the only confirmed risks for HIV transmission sexually. Everything else is risky only theoretically.

When you use a condom it means that the HIV status of your partner is irrelevant. Condoms provide very effective protection. Just make it clear to anyone whom you are with that having intercourse means the insertive partner has to wear a condom. Period. No exceptions.

Nothing else you have mentioned put you at risk for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline dlcali

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 09:19:06 am »
Thanks for the quick answer. There was no penetration just a lot of oral that is what gets me worried. 4 days later i am sick soar throat. Should i test in this incident just in case?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 09:38:21 am »
Sore throats happen for lots of reasons. If it persists you should discuss it with your doctor.

And no, you do not need to get tested over this incident.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 11:28:09 am »
dl,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

I have also disabled the new account you created. As you seem to have remembered the details of your original account, please stick with it. If you create a new account again, you will be permanently banned as we do not allow more than one account per person. This time around I'm giving you the benefit of doubt that it was a genuine mistake.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You've been coming to this forum long enough now to have learned what is and what isn't a risk for hiv. Once again you did not have a risk for hiv infection.

As for your sore throat, while it's nothing to do with hiv, it could possibly be gonorrhea. Oral gonorrhea is fairly common amongst gay men who give oral. However, this is an hiv website. If you are worried about having gonorrhea in your throat, go to a doctor and get it swabbed. And NO, if you did get gonorrhea orally, it changes nothing where hiv is concerned in this particular instance.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dlcali

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 07:26:29 pm »
thank you Ann it had been awhile and did not remember the info. Thanks again. As you can imagine there is always fear since 4 days later now I have fever and in bed so the mind goes crazy convincing myself i was infected by the above incident.

Offline dlcali

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 12:15:45 pm »
Sorry but had night sweats fever and body aches and soar throght can this br seroconversion 6 days later? I am extremly stressed since I never gave head so much and thinking there is a slight risk. I guess risk is less since he did not ejaculate in my mouth. But being so suck thinking serconvrrsion started

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 12:20:49 pm »
See your doctor if you have a concern about your symptoms you've never had a risk of contracting HIV.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.