HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

I am officially freaked out

<< < (3/4) > >>

Andy Velez:
I've merged your threads here. In the future please follow our rule and write only in this same thread. Do not start new threads. Thanks for your cooperation.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. Even if the fellow you were with has herpes that would not put you at risk for HIV in the incident you are currently concerned about. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it. Anything else is only theoretically a risk. But in the real world of HIV we know risk is about intercourse without condoms.

Ann:
help,

I got news for you, there are far more hiv negative people who have herpes than there are hiv positive people who have herpes. Up to 80% of the general population has herpes. This guy is being responsible by taking a prophylactic (preventative) med for herpes, as people who do this are far less likely to pass their herpes on to another person.

Another news flash - rubbing bodies together while wearing clothing does not qualify as frottage. It's just dry-humping and you're not going to get anything from dry-humping other than wet undies. And as JK explained to you in great detail, kissing isn't a risk for hiv either.

A third news flash - and perhaps the most important - asking someone about their hiv status is NOT a good way to protect yourself. I repeat - ASKING SOMEONE ABOUT THEIR HIV STATUS IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF!!! Some people will lie to you (shock horror) but most people do not accurately know their hiv status - they only assume (or hope) they are hiv negative.

You need to assume ANYONE you have a sexual encounter with is hiv positive and protect yourself accordingly by using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse. That's all you need to do and yes, it really is that simple!!!

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

helpmesoonplease:
I have written questions before, lost my sign on credentials, got new ones and here I am.  So, I am not sure how to not start a new thread so please do not be upsate with me.

Here is my situation.  I was with another guy that I have been dating.  We had the safe sex talk, assured me he was neagtive, told me he got tested a few months ago and  was negative and is getting tested this week.  I know based on my oractices and very recent test results that I am neagtive.  Late Saturday evening we had oral sex (I tasted precum I belive) and analinguis.  He did not orgasm.  About 2.5 to 2.75 days later, I now have fatigue, slight muscle aches and a fever that ranges from 99.5 - 99.9.  I do not have any other symptoms.  Can you tell me if this was a risk and are these symptoms and their timing indicative of recent hiv infection.  Please help me out with this.

Rev. Moon:
Your questions will not be addressed until you return to your original thread.

Ann:
Help,

Once again, I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You have (once again) not had a risk for hiv infection. Sexually speaking, the only true risks are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did not have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Re-read your entire thread. There's nothing new to add.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version