Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 366
Total: 368

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bio Alchamid  (Read 22087 times)

Offline Rusty

Bio Alchamid
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:03:46 am »
Has anyone had any experiance with using this product, and if so how effective was it. Having my face sorted in December and just wondered how good it was?

Offline panda

Re: Bio Alchamid
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 12:36:25 pm »
Hi ,

I am planing to do it with the sam ematerial next year maybe after I'll get pregnant and give birth .. I have herd only good things about it ...

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 02:36:39 pm »
www.drdelpino.com click on hombre, then on lipodistrofia, then on tratamientos, then on videos...First video shows the procedure, second video shows results one week later. Covered by the Social Security in Andalucia and Basque Contry (Spain). Check the first seconds of the first video and the second video to see the greta difference. The product used is "aquamid".
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 02:44:09 pm by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline royrogers

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 10:32:33 pm »
Rusty, Bio Alcamid has it's place but is not the best product for small quantities. It tends to have bumps and lumps and is prone to infection. The infection can't be treated inside the encapsulation. Precise is a better product and can be administered in small or large quantities. Clinic Estetica in Mexico has the product.
RR

Offline fauxscott

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 07:47:08 am »
Hi Rusty, I had used Bioalcamide a few years ago. I have been very happy with it. Last month I had some surgery on my face and it caused my implants to become inflamed. Final result after swelling finally left was re arranged golf balls of bioalcamide instead of smooth pancakes that were there before... The one side had to be removed leaving flat area that needs to be re done someday$$$   PMMA is  a better route. This cannot happen . I will be going to Argentina for my repairs. The exchange rate makes it a great deal. Even with the expensive airfare the other prices of hotel etc still make it the cheapest place for filler.  http://positivehealingargentina.com

Offline Rusty

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:00:07 am »
Thanks for the advice, I live in the U.K and dont know what PMMA is. I have used a product before called Nufill which worked okay for me but this Bio Alchamid seems a better option I will try anything when it comes to how I look.

Thanks

Rusty

Offline ConFe

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 09:22:14 pm »
You don´t have to go down to Brazil or Argentina for PMMA, one of the best doctors in the world is in Tijuana México www.facialwasting.net

Offline ConFe

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:25:41 pm »
Please be carefull. Precise is a new product, it's been in the market for 3 or 4 months. I think the best is BioAlcamid or PMMA.

Offline burky

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 12:50:46 am »
Speaking only for myself -- I had Bio Alcamid and PMMA almost two years ago in Mexico.  Bio Alcamid exceeded my expectations.  It filled the volumes well and is reasonably smooth and I experienced no follow up infections.  It looks gorgeous really.  I had two PMMA treatments -- some in areas of my face and a substancial amount in my hands.  Unfortunately besides being itchy for a while they did not stay filled.  There were no pernanent ill effects though.  I may try one more time with PMMA now that they have more experience or try Brazil however it may be that there are some people that just don't buld collagen all that well and I'm one of them (Sculptra didn't work for me either).  If some of you have had PMMA for more than a year and are willing to educate the rest of us on the resuts I'd love to hear that too good or bad so I can learn more.  FYI I had facial surgery last year and my Bio Alcamid came out just fine and still looks great.  This is not to deny anyone elses experience though and in fact to me I can completely picture that some surgeries might move many types of implants around and/or that there might be a resulting infection.  I believe both Bio Alcamid and PMMA probably work well in some situations and for some people better than others.  It is good that we share information.  I was so, so excited that even one of these products worked well after having experienced years of frustration and bills in the U.S. with temporary results if that.  Best of luck to all.   If I ever get PMMA to work I'll let people know that too.  Bio Alcamid however in the mean time seems to be great and smooth enough for all but probably the finest detail areas for me -- although even my temples were helped by it however they say its really not for the fine detail areas. 

Offline CaliforniaSon

Re: Bio Alcamid
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 04:13:22 pm »
Hi burky,
thanks for your informative posts. I have been around a bit as well  ;), and have some similar experience. I had 3 Sculptra treatments done at Clinic Estetica in 2002 (before Sculptra/NewFill was approved in the U.S.), and 4 more done in El Segundo, California in 2005. Like yourself, my treatments did not seem to last very long. I find it interesting that everyone has such positive things to say about the Tijuana clinic, though. When I went, only my first visit was in Dr. Casavantes office, which was clean enough, but not exactly sparkling new, as others are claiming. Maybe the Clinic moved since 2002, or maybe my impression of "clean" is different than others, I don't know ( I see Dr. Casavantes is now no longer with ClinicEstetica, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of moving going on). What I DO know is that I was handed off to an assistant in a different office for my next two visits to Tijuana. I developed nodules in my temples from that work, so my overall experience was not nearly as positive as others in this forum. Fortunately, my doctor in the L.A. area was able to siginificantly reduce those nodules by "mincing" them with a needle and using cortisone to break them down (which was painful, but ultimately worth it). In my U.S. Sculptra sessions, my doctor and I decided to reduce the concentration of the filler, since I wanted to avoid any more nodules. Based on my first U.S. injection, we agreed that I seemed to be a fast collagen producer, which made developing nodules more of an issue. Ironically, despite the quick collagen response, the collagen buildup from Sculptra simply was not lasting, especially in my temple area. After one year, (and thousands of dollars) my temples were noticeably sunken again. And just in case anyone thinks this is due to an inexperienced doctor, I want to point out that he was one of two who ran the FDA trials for Sculptra in the U.S., and as such, has far more experience with it than most do here.

This last week, I traveled to Vancouver, Canada for treatment with Bio-Alcamid. I had read many great reviews of a Dr. Denton up there on other sites. He and his staff were exceptionally friendly and sensitive. It has only been 3 days, so it is too soon to give a definitive review of the work. I still have some bumps at the injection sites, but the info I was given from the doctor says it takes 7-10 days for the  product to become "imperceptible" (to become the same as the surrounding skin tissue), so I'll be patient.  I chose Bio-Alcamid based on the fact that a.) it was permanent BUT removable (you can find pictures online of it being removed -- it looks like squeezing a pimple) b.) it did not rely on builidng up and maintaining my own collagen like Sculptra and all forms of PMMA do (which I seem to have problems with) and c.) Bio-Alcamid currently has a patient assistance program in association with the Canadian government, making it quite competitive to the other fillers if you qualify, even when including the cost of the plane trip (see www.faceforward.ca).

Just a few notes: by direction of the doctor, I am currently on antibiotics which were started one day prior to surgery, so I think the risk of infection will be low. Also,  the anesthetic the doctor administered prior to filler injection contained an agent to prevent swelling, so he could see better exactly how much Bio-Alcamid to administer (to avoid over or under filling the area). Finally, I brought along some older pictures of myself to show the doctor an idea of my face shape prior to any wasting. If you have them, this can help insure you don't end up "full" where you never were before.

I agree with burky, it's important to realize that everyone will probably respond differently to these fillers depending on their metabolism, age, body chemistry, or other unknowns.  Speaking only for myself, I CAN say that I am happy to be off the expensive "full-then-gaunt" rollercoaster of Sculptra (keep in mind that my "Sculptra effect" lasted less than a year; your results could last longer). Oh, and for your little study, burky -- I am 44.

I wish everyone interested in using these fillers the best of luck. I'll keep you all posted in the next two weeks on my experience with Bio-Alcamid as it "settles in".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:33:37 pm by CaliforniaSon »

Offline Rusty

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 08:43:55 am »
Hi all

Just to add my own experiance of having used this filler Bio Alchamid.
I had it done on Tuesday evening it wasnt to painful to have done but was very sore after the local anesthetic wore off. Anyway the swelling afterwards was a different matter, Wednesday looked like a St Bernard with a really puffy face it did worry me a bit thinking I would look a complete twat if it stayed like it. Now its Friday still swollen can still see I have had something done and have a black eye I think the bruising is starting to come out. I didnt realise it would take a while to settle down as I have had nufill before and didnt have the affect of this stuff. So it looks like it will be a while until I get the end result. I had 5ml each side. I probably would have waited until after christmas if I had known about the swelling but even though I look like a potatoe head at the mo its better than looking sunken.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 05:03:24 pm »
Just thought I would update on my treatment .My face is great now. Took a few weeks to settle down but well worth it.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 03:49:10 pm »
Please be carefull. Precise is a new product, it's been in the market for 3 or 4 months. I think the best is BioAlcamid or PMMA.

I've had bio-Alcamid treatments two years ago.  Bio-Alcamid sits underneath the skin and shortly after it is injected it starts to encapsulate....like a pod of gel. It is removeable by the same means it was administered....with a syringe.
I had the product Precise placed in my face 8 months ago. Looks natural. Feels natural.  :)
Precise is latest generation of PMMA. Precise (PMMA suspended in a water based solution) is permanent and not removeable because the body forms collagen around the suspended particles and therefore produces thicker skin which then in turn, produces a fuller, younger face.
Precise gets along with everything. It's amazing stuff.

RUSTY: Nice to read an update. So glad to hear you are pleased with the results.
xxx,
Mike

Offline panda

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 10:14:14 am »
Hi , I had my face done with Bio Alcamid a week ago. Amazing result. I got my face back !!!
We did firsr only 1 cc , to see how I recat , it went pretty well , then after 3 weeks we added some more 6 cc ... my face got a bit red and swollen but not that trastic, i wwnt to work already on the day after and i said my face are swollen cause of thooth problems, now, it lools great, but still only 3 weeks from now we'll see the final results and my dr. might add a bit o the right side ...

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 07:29:38 pm »
Rusty,
Bio Alcamid is widely used in Europe.  In Holland as matter of fact is used on National health system and it costs nothing.
I had it done in Italy 5 years ago and I am very happy with the result.
Good luck

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 07:32:06 pm »
Rusty,
I forgot to mention that you need to use Bio Alcamid by Polymekon (Italy) not any other makes.  These guys here in USA have gone to other parts of the world and not too sure if the Bio Alcamid used there was from Polymekon.
If I were you I would be careful to go anywhere, you have the product just in Europe.
Cheers

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 07:38:48 pm »
For CaliforniaSon,
sorry to be an intruder but your experience with bio Alcamid in Tjuana is the same of many others who had injected that product but probably is not the right Bio Alcamid (polymekon).
You did the right thing to go to Canada because in Canada they are using the proper Bio Alcamid by Polymekon that is the same product I had injected on my face and buttock with great success.
Cheers

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 07:43:02 pm »
TO ALL:

Very interesting I go on the other site pozhealth@yahoo.com and everyone there talk so badly about Bio Alcamid I wonder why?
Probably I know why but I cannot say.
I was thrown out from the site to have defended the product, Bio alcamid by Polymekon, by the founder of the site just.
At the least on this site I see people are more reasonable with their critics and I find this side so constructive and useful for people like us
who like to exchange experiences and to have suggestion.
Great job to the founder of this great site.
Happy Easter and do not eat too many chocolate eggs :)

Offline jjmcm

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 09:14:01 am »
Antinouus, if you can read, Rusty's post was from 2006.  Royrogers was an employee of Clinica Estetica in Tijuana who is now deceased. 

Nelson Vergel over at PozHealth has gotten NUMEROUS emails in the last several months regarding infections from Bio-Alcamid treatments.  For the most part these are not new procedures, but ones that have been in faces like mine for years.

I have been through surgery, multiple rounds of oral antibiotics, two rounds of IV antibiotics (the last one 3X per day for 6 weeks), and a hospital stay in the last four months.  My face is a wasteland now forever ruined because of the choices I made years ago.  I don't believe the product was switched, I don't think the procedure was a problem, it is the product itself.

Anytime you put a foreign body into your skin that essentially has no blood running through it  - just around it, you set up a scenario for a horrible infection should one occur.  Sometimes it never happens, sometimes it is mild and goes away, but when it gets really bad like mine and others I am in contact with - your life is permanently changed.

I know this and have cried because I can never get all of this junk out of my face.  I am in daily pain, my face swells because of the required surgery and the repeated infections.  By doctor is even advising me to take a round of oral antibiotics now just to get my teeth cleaned at the dentist in the future.  (no other procedures)

If you want to promote something everyone else here already knows is dangerous, that is your opinion.  However, Nelson banned you because you would not stop "selling" the product on PozHealth.   Go be happy with your results, pray you never have a problem and let those folks who are making choices for their bodies looking for information choose something with a better safety profile.

--JJ

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:16:27 am by jjmcm »

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:02 am »
JJ I am sorry to hear that but I had Bio Alcamid in Italy on my buttock and on my face and it is still fine.  I understand that when you put something inside your body there will some rejection but each case is different from another.
We all suffering from same problem lipodystrophy and we try to get the best around for us.
It is alway sad to hear the side effects of any surgery or of any infections that may occur from injecting strange substances in our body.
That is the reason I always reccomend to use the best product and the best surgeon.
My mistake about Rusty but I do recall that in Tjuana there was a bad Bio Alcamid which was made locally.
You know JJ it is always the same we cannot have our treatment an absolute case.  The reason I am saying about Pozhealth@yahoo.com
is because I have noticed in that side that many people went to Tjuana to have their treatment and honestly I don't like to use country where I cannot sue anyone if something goes wrong.
I have a terrible example of a friend who decided to have an extraordinary plastic surgery in India by a best plastic surgeon and she has been ill for a lot of infections.  She had tried to sue the surgeon but with no luck.  This example has taught me a great deal.  Always go with the best and pay more.
Best of luck and I hope you will overcome the bad experience and you will be ok.

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 10:45:36 pm »
Ascente Press Release 
November 1, 2007
BIOALCAMID, POLYMEKON, ITALY
WELL DONE.
Ascente is proud to announce its partnership with Polymekon Srl of Brindisi, Italy.  Ascente will represent Polymekon as a global market representative of its products, handling the sales, marketing, business development and medical training for its products.

John McCahill, CEO of Ascente says, “We are excited to partner with a company whose technologies are, what we believe, the next generation in the aesthetic fillers space.”  John continues in saying, “Bio-Alcamid fills a need within the marketplace for a safe, ‘permanent’, yet adjustable, filler that is easy to use and provides a soft natural appearance.  Polymekon’s pipeline technology utilizing polyvinyl alcohol, offers the adaptation of a proven medical derivative, an alternative of a long-lasting, yet degradable, safe and easy to use filler.”

Biagio Protopapa, CEO, Polymekon Srl, says “Ascente is a strategic partnership that allows Polymekon to focus on what we do best: R&D and production in our state-of-the- art facility.  Ascente will assist Polymekon in bringing our technologies onto the world stage where they deserve to be.”

ABOUT ASCENTE MEDICAL CORPORATION

Ascente Medical is a global medical products company dedicated to facilitating the availability of innovative medical discoveries and answering unmet needs in the health and aesthetics community.

As the exclusive master distributor of Bio-Alcamid™, Ascente has set the bar high. Bio-Alcamid is a unique medical application designed for the correction of small and large soft tissue deficits. It has demonstrated safety and effectiveness in over thirty countries. Bio-Alcamid' s superior results exemplify the standard of medical solutions Ascente will provide now and in the future.

Ascente is also the exclusive medical channel market representative of DNA Performance Skincare™ with Patent Pending formulation, Nutraplex2C™, which offer a unique combination of scientifically developed targeted ingredients and natural formulas that are free of synthetic oils and paraben preservatives.  DNA Performance Skincare™ products has a one-of-a-kind defense system against the elements that cause aging skin while simultaneously helping damaged skin regenerate. Whether you are using DNA Repair; to reverse the appearance of aging skin, DNA Restore; for dry damaged skin, or DNA Revive; for tired-looking eyes, DNA Performance Skincare™ will be highly effective.

Ascente is very excited about some additional technologies in its pipeline that will revolutionize the aesthetic marketplace in the coming months.

For more information, please send inquiries to:

newsinquiries@ ascentemedical. com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it 

Polymekon Press Release 
Polymekon Srl of Brindisi, Italy is proud to announce its partnership with Ascente Medical Corporation , Delaware, USA.  Ascente will represent Polymekon as a global market representative of our products, handling the sales, marketing, business development and medical training for our products.

Biagio Protopapa, CEO, Polymekon Srl, says “Ascente is a strategic partnership that allows Polymekon to focus on what we do best: R&D and production in our state-of-the- art facility.  Ascente will assist Polymekon in bringing our technologies onto the world stage where they deserve to be.”

John McCahill, CEO of Ascente says, “We are excited to partner with a company whose technologies are, what we believe, the next generation in the aesthetic fillers space.”  John continues in saying, “Bio-Alcamid fills a need within the marketplace for a safe, ‘permanent’, yet adjustable, filler that is easy to use and provides a soft natural appearance.  Polymekon’s pipeline technology utilizing polyvinyl alcohol, offers the adaptation of a proven medical derivative, an alternative of a long-lasting, yet degradable, safe and easy to use filler.”

ABOUT POLYMEKON

Polymekon Srl is an Italian research and development company which focuses on the production of synthetic polymers for the medical sector.

Polymekon’s mission is to provide innovative and high quality products to the medical and scientific world, products that offer simpler and safer solutions for reconstructive surgery and aesthetic augmentation.

For more information, please send inquiries to:

newsinquiries@ polymekonresearc h.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.