Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:13:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 230
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A warning about Boston  (Read 20952 times)

Offline em

A warning about Boston
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:52:17 am »
Two things you should know about Boston.

Incase you are not from around here ? Skunks and poison ivy.  Enough said if you have never been to the area just ask anyone in Boston what these two things look like and how to avoid them. If you see what looks like a cat and it waddles when it walks and is mostly black with a bright white stripe from head to the tip of its tail do not I repeat do not try and pet this particular cat . If you think this looks like a nice place for a nature walk and thinking about walking around some weeds chances are most of those weeds around here are poison ivy . They grow like Ivy and bushes they have three shiny leaves contact with them or the oil on the leaves or branches will cause a rash that itches and burns and will cause blisters .

Well best of luck and may your visit be safe pleasent and eventful.

EM

Offline weasel

Re: A warning about Boston
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:05:07 pm »
LMBO  :D

Skunks !   come to Missouri  :o

" Live and let Live "

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:46:55 am »
I find that funny I live in the city of Lafayette LA an I have to go outside to have a smoke.We have Skunks,Possums an Raccoons.Last year I had my Aunt staying with us so I fix her plate for lunch an the next thing I know is she is pointing towards the kitchen an the only thing she could say was A A A Possums just ran to your bedroom.Went there with a can grabber an it was in my bathroom pick it up put it in a trash can an called animal control.Back to skunks my last dog I had got spayed twice while in a fenced in yard.You are right cat a skunks an possums move very different.
Scooter

Two things you should know about Boston.

Incase you are not from around here ? Skunks and poison ivy.  Enough said if you have never been to the area just ask anyone in Boston what these two things look like and how to avoid them. If you see what looks like a cat and it waddles when it walks and is mostly black with a bright white stripe from head to the tip of its tail do not I repeat do not try and pet this particular cat . If you think this looks like a nice place for a nature walk and thinking about walking around some weeds chances are most of those weeds around here are poison ivy . They grow like Ivy and bushes they have three shiny leaves contact with them or the oil on the leaves or branches will cause a rash that itches and burns and will cause blisters .

Well best of luck and may your visit be safe pleasent and eventful.

EM

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:53:37 am »
Can't you just imagine me all liquored up after the Meet-n-Greet, stumbling up to a skunk and slurring, "Here, kitty, kitty, yer such a PRITTY kitty!" 

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:01:40 am »
Thats funny but if I am around and I say it is not a kitty trust me it not I don,t care if I am drunk I grow up in the country.
Scooter

Can't you just imagine me all liquored up after the Meet-n-Greet, stumbling up to a skunk and slurring, "Here, kitty, kitty, yer such a PRITTY kitty!" 

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:12:31 am »
I spent summers in the country and the rest of the year on the edge of town. I'm pretty sure I know the difference, too!  ;)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 11:21:01 am »
So we will be the expert for everyone else.
Scooter
I spent summers in the country and the rest of the year on the edge of town. I'm pretty sure I know the difference, too!  ;)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 04:29:40 pm »
Well, I don't know what's gone on in Boston in the years since I left -- but in the 10 yrs I worked in and 4 yrs that lived in that city I never once saw a skunk (or many cats running around the streets for that matter -- the traffic tends to "squish" them pretty quickly).  My partner comes down with poison ivy every year here in VA but never did in Boston.  So -- I'm a bit afraid to see what has happened up there.

Mike

P.S.  Now the RATS -- there are tons of them and some of them could be confused for a small to medium size dog.................   no kidding!

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 05:59:17 pm »
Hey, Scooter, welcome from a fellow Louisianaian!  Hubby grew up in New Orleans and I grew up in Baton Rouge.  We're both alumni of LSU.

Basquo, puts a whole new twist on "drunk as a skunk".  Of course if you happen to see a drunk skunk, let me know. ;)

Possums, poison ivy, rats, snakes, deer, foxes...sounds like my backyard.  We once left the garbage on the back deck.  Along comes a racoon and a skunk fighting over it.  Skunk gave one squirt and guess who won :o  Bad part was that we had the sliding door open - took industrial smell remover to kill the odor.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 06:06:40 pm »
I like to fell out my chair when I read your post.When my dog got sprayed the first time I thought I was going to get sick we did not know about tomato juice.The second time we were ready.
Scooter

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 08:57:39 pm »
Possums, poison ivy, rats, snakes, deer, foxes...sounds like my backyard.  We once left the garbage on the back deck.  Along comes a racoon and a skunk fighting over it.  Skunk gave one squirt and guess who won :o  Bad part was that we had the sliding door open - took industrial smell remover to kill the odor.

Mum

Oh Mum, What a fun story... I remember a long time ago here in California, one of our friends said, "Ill take the garbace out IF I can wear your new shoes."  Well BeBob did take the garbage out and all the cats were eating their dinner when the one cat with a striped tail took the time to raise his tail.  I don't know what they used to remove the smell.  I was laughing so hard, I almost wrecked the car.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline em

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 01:47:39 pm »
I had just written a big thing about skunks AKA ( pole cats )  I guess I hit the wrong button and it was
lost ?

The warning was for anyone from outside North America that might be visiting the Boston area. Europe Africa Asia and Australia do not have skunks or poison ivy.

Does anyone remember Crocodile Dundee three I think it was, were he and his son stop on the highway to rescue a cat ? The police are called in to find out why traffic was stopped on the express way. The police walk up to him and he says not to worry the cat is goin to be fine. The camera angle moves down to show him holding a skunk then the police say sir put the skunk down back away and put your hands up ?

Right after witting the first post  I had gone out back to have a smoke ( smoking is not allowed inside were I am staying ) Skunks mostly only come out at night I was having a smoke before bed. A skunk walked right up to me and I had a bottle of soda and had put my thumb over the end and sprayed it with the soda before it sprayed me. It turned and went the other way.

All my best to you
EM

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »
 hey em....

we had a deaf boxer.  One day I took him for a walk in the Presidio and as I turned a corner on the path, there was Soapy and the Skunk eye-to-eye, a faceoff. All I could do was watch.   Soapy blinked first, the skunk turned and sprayed.  It was a long walk home.

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 04:43:01 pm »
Poor dog. I have a yellow lab and several months ago she had her first encounter with a skunk. We let her out to go pee and she runs off barking. When she is ready to come back in, we open the door and let her in. The damage was done. She got sprayed full in the face. We had to put her in a cage outside for the night it was so awful. The house smelled like burnt rubber. The poor girl. But, you can always buy Skunk-Off from a Vet's office. Works wonders!

We don't have poison ivy here but we do have poison oak. Not pleasant and I hear the ivy is even worse. Watch out for the pretty 'kitty' in Boston, LOL.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline em

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:17:50 am »
DO I know Boston I was born there

Some trivia the smithsonian has the oldest escalator in the known world it was from southy

I road on it

It was made with wooden wheels and wooden steps and leather belt really neat old piece of machinery.

I wonder if poor old charlie who I hear tell never came home road that escalator ?

All My best
EM

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 04:48:09 pm »
Some of the escalators in London Underground still have wooden treads -- very coo!
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »
DO I know Boston I was born there

Some trivia the smithsonian has the oldest escalator in the known world it was from southy

I road on it

It was made with wooden wheels and wooden steps and leather belt really neat old piece of machinery.

I wonder if poor old charlie who I hear tell never came home road that escalator ?

All My best
EM

Fellow AMGers,

For those of you youngsters who may not understand EM's reference to Charlie, I provide the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VMSGrY-IlU

It's so old, it's in black and white.

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 09:46:24 pm »
Ric that brought back some memory,s. They always ask who you thought was hot growing up that would be them.
Dwayn20

Offline em

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 08:51:56 pm »
LOL  .That was my DAD's favorit song ?

He passsed about 8 years ago now ?

Not to worry I am sure being a hard drinker like he was hes running the place on the other side by now ?

We never said emotional stuff to each other like . I Love you dad ? never ever would that cross my lips cause if it did ?

A fist or or a kick would follow that kind of talk ?\\

EM

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:05:42 pm by em »

Offline em

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 08:54:03 pm »
You have never heard me sing the song in cabaret ?

I had done diner theater for ten year I know the lowest form of theater thought by some but loads of fun .

My dad used to say why did his wife never throw a nickel in with the sandwich ?

I would say maybe she did not want him back ?

He was maried about 8 times one time to the same woman I guess he forgot cause he was so drunk ?

And Zepher had mentioned the either room ? Ask her who the person was whos throaght was operated on

He is a relative of mine just some half breed native american named (                        the 4th   )

I used to play in that room when I was A kid . the ether room nice place to play when you are about 7 and 8 years old ?

the tunnels between the diferent hospital buildings I used to know them all maybe the cities of the under ground might like to see those .

all my best
em

EM
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:07:28 am by em »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 09:15:56 pm »
God I actually remember that song..how sad is that... ;D

Em..my son and Hubby do a lot of Theatre Restaurant..I think it's a great night out, good food and good entertainment.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 11:18:48 am »

em...i really home you can come and join us.  We would love to meet you.

Offline em

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »
em...i really home you can come and join us.  We would love to meet you.

HUMM LOL

The day a part native american goes to a gathering of mostly white males to get meat ?

sorry I can see multipl sides to any question ?

Meat me say what ?

homy don't play that ?

meat and great sounds like a late night comic would have a field day with that one ?

did someone just mention WOOD ?

hiden inuendo could and can be anywere if you know were and how to look ?

sorry NAVY vetaran >

Like the deck officer had said as we were leaving the ship for liberty >
 ( toned down for a more civil audeince )
Boys if you get a BJ besure to get an extra one to bring back for me ?

Ya it is one sick world out there >

I am mearly just another sick part of it ?

all my best to you
em

PS

I did know a Robert one time in my life he was a directer of the local diner theater a professur at the local university and a minister of the local puritan church ?

If this is the same man who I had respected verry highly I apoligize for trying to make jokes .

This is the inter net you never know who you are coresponding with or what there intentions .

my dearest apologies if this might be that person I used to know >

what are the chances two people who used to do so much work together could find each other on the internet ????

respectfully
EM

The round circle was a ruff hand drawn idea for a pin button or tshirt idea for the AMG I have drawn more of them in better detail but I am having trouble uploading the images .

all my best to you
em

maybe  i should bring to the Meet and greet a silk screen to squeegy the ballon I had drawn onto the backs of some of the tshirts if anyone thinks the message of hope I was trying pertray is not to far fetched and reaching ?

the image says

incase your computer screen image is not clear enough to see it

boston
a cure in sight
HIV AIDS
a thing of the past
AMG
POZ.COM

so in say about a hundred years when someone finds this image while doing a report for school on what

living and loving in the time of HIV AIDS
was like
heck someone might even right a book like the one
living and loving in the age of colera

now that was a great book and movie

to bad no one is writting anything like that about our lives yet ?

Maybe  I should if no one else seems it is worth doing and in fifty years when somone finds my locked box with a story like AIDS and not dying the secret memore of someone who had lived even when ?????

I guess we just have to wate and se in the years to follow if anyone finds that locked box beried deep under neith some tree way off the beeten path were no one for a long time will look ?

sorry just an idea I have not written the book or beried a metal locked box under a tree were it will not be found untill the year 2150 when they clear the lot to make the next big super wal mart ?

It is what I would like to see in the future along with cures to about every other ailment  know to slow our lives and make them not what they aut to be ,  I know to hope filled message about what might be and would not want to get anyones hopes up including my own . might be nice though

can you imagine the day when some one is over heard saying I wonder what life was like when HIV and AIDS were making people's lives less fullfilling ? Can you imagine what it must have been like to live way back then ?

all my best
em

sorry just venting my feelings ?

what kind of person am I

I had a dental apiontment a week ago and the dentest had said ya know I could listen to you all day but I have other patients to see >

I had mentioned my dream world were
you could leave New york on a hydro foyl cruis ship cross the atlantic in two days land in London spend the day  take the rail to Paris over night sleeper ake up see the dights in Paris then another sleepr to Rome spend the day then Berlin and then two more cities of your chioce then back to london and across the pound by another hydrofoyl never having to even take to the air. in nine days see five cities of europe and end up back in new york well rested from sleeping while you moved and relaxing on cruise ship for the two weekends ?

That is the world of my dreams an engineers dreams

I am sorry if this is something you think requires psych treatment if you can not follow then they must have psyc problems ??

funny world we live in if members of our society can not keep up with the ways of the worpd they say it is cause the rest of the world is mentaly ILL ??

will this leed to a better world or just one the majority can feel sane in > that is if the majority do not wnat a better world to live in >

sorry  I guess maybe I should just take a pill and stow away my dreams for another generation  or so untill maybe some day somone might want to see a better world. One were things can be and should be better rather then one were we all just coast through or lives hopping for the best >

that is all

EM

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:39:01 pm by em »

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:40:04 pm »
What's up with "em"?

This is not the same person we got to know in Montreal in 2006.  If this is the same lady with the ultra cool glasses, something is really wrong.

If you are the "em" we shared time with in Montreal, I hope that you seek help as soon as possible.  You are not making any sense in this thread.  What do you think AMG is all about?

With respect and hoping that you get the care that you need.  Ric   

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 09:48:14 pm »
Wrong Em Ric..you are thinking of Emeraldize..this is not the same person.

Hugs

Offline Robert

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 10:38:11 pm »
rick...

jan is right.  this is the other incredible em who has been a member here for a good 5 years.  His heart is nothing but goodness.

em...i dont' know nothing about no wood but, hey, what makes you think some of us don't have indian blood?  How about creole?

you know darn good and well you're welcome and you know you'd have a good time.

don't say no.

robt

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 08:47:47 pm »
Thanks Robert and Lady Jan,

My mistake.  I guess I'm just too old to keep the similar user names seperate.  My bad.

Sorry "em" but I still think you should talk with someone about your feelings.

With love and respect to all, Ric

Offline em

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 10:31:00 am »
I need help just thinking about the suffering this virus has caused in our world >

Do you think help would help find a way to ease the pain and give hope and faith to those in need >

How do you sugest help be helped to the hapless masses living under this dreaded shadow >

I had thought maybe some art work to send into the future saying we had hope that a cure might be in sight >

A light at the end of a tunnel >

being spotted and recorded >

even if that is never reached at least the sight might be enouph to hols us over ?

all my best
em

O ya the other em emerald iz

AT HT Yellowstone ?

just a guess ?

what ever happened to my boots anywho ?

I saw a paire like them on Ebay with lots of milliage on them ?

were you wearing my boots ?

just a gues s I found a listing but after 25 years ?

I hope all is well

all my best
em

mid aug >

does everyoone goin know the story of Lizy Borden

who had taken an axe and gave her father forty waks

and when she had seen what she had done

she gave her mother forty one >

I have a an ancester who lived across the street who had told a relative but she was always such a sweet girl ?

that was in Fall River ?

my relative way back then used to run a river boat from fall river to new york for day trippers >

somone would pay a dollar get on the boat in fall river sleep in a berthing and wake up the next morning in new york>

spend the day and get back on the boat and sleep the night and wake up back in fall river the next morning >

I hear tell that after doing that job he opened a hard ware store and when he would go to lunch he'd hang a sign on the door <

gone whaling be back in three years >

that was another time ago about 150 years or so >

just telling tall tails filled with truth >

em

Boston

been there done that > my grand mother used to even make her own baked beans >

she lived in german town quincy for while >

It was called german town not because the area had Duitch settlers but because it was a retirment comunity for old sailors > who the area had said were full of germs from traveling around the world ?

I had spent quite some time there as a kid >

have seen alot of changes to that area >

all my best

em

I am not calling for revolution or even battles or even war ?

I am simply calling for evolution > room to grow to alow the world to be all the beuaty the planet is capable of becoming > beleive me the world my minds eye can see does not hold a candle to this so called real world >

that is the vision the curse and the blessing of the artists eye with in >

then again the placecs these eyes have seen and the emotional sceens in my socalled life > I wonder and thinnk if everyone can see like this >

My mom had said she was so tired of these religious people trying to save her sole > I simply said mom do you think that maybe freedom of religion should include freedom from religion ?

She went what I had said I know something so simple and reel could not come from your child right ?

O well just writting random thoughts on life in these here times of ours >

I hope some place some were these thoughts help in some small way >

all my best
em

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:48:34 am by em »

Offline em

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 08:56:06 am »
Well you got your wish ?

I had only wnated to eplaine about our place inthe world were people in our country are so focused on problems on the other side of the earth ? They do not notice what is going on in there own back yards > Sure I need help with this we all do >

But instead I have an apiontment to meet with a VA shrink head of the department and my freind who was cheif of staff retired 5 or so years ago maybe even ten years now > So I am without representation and my family lawyer my mother will not help me becasue there is nothing in it for her ?

with family like this who needs enemies >

So if i do not respond for about six months and even then I will probably not be able to respond > my biggest wish the last times they held me against my will like this was to die from a heart attack and end having to play these mind games with them >

maybe this time I will get my wish and leave helping the world to your capable hands > I had tried and cost me my sanity and my health and very life but in the end if you ve not triedto live you have never lived at all > when they on the other side rwright the book of life my name will be there under a force to try and move the world to better place > even the world was not ready willing or able still a fools erand to try >

maybe so trying is the only thing a lone person can do >

all my best
( my mistake I new some day I would make more then one )

this old joke < I had thought I was wrong one time and then found out I was only mistaken ?

that name placed there was umn my ghost writer had edited that in ?

of to see the psych doc and well that is more then likely were I am going to spend my summer unless  I go AMA and disapear int othe wood work again and hide from those who whish to do me ill will > were to go this time >

some day the wheels will turn in my favor even if it might be long after I have shaken these earthly tiols > ( after I have passed from living to what awaites us all )

I just wish there had been some way I could have made life more fullfilling for my self and those who will be living in our home we call earth > maybe the atempt to live was all that was needed to give others the strength to soldier on and be an axample to keep going even if things are not goin your way or our way or for the better to try and live in the hope that by doing so things might get better if we just hold on for another day one by one the days pass and then with hope and perservierence the day  may come were things do turn around and  get better ? (how is that for a run on sentence then again poetry has no rules )

that name I was distracted and yeld at my neighbors dog rusty he calls it ?? ya that 's the ticket >

all my best
em

PS post script

to quote from living and loving during the age of coloura > ( or just condenced theme of the book )
to live and die for love is there any greater calling ?

em

they did not get me this time ? the future who knows I have another apiontment in two weeks cause they had thought I needed ferther evaluations done ?

all I can do is try to be sane no matter how crazy that seems ?

still I think

to live and die for love is there any greater calling ?

all my best
em

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:11:27 am by em »

Offline Robert

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 12:00:47 pm »
em....russ (?)

ive told you before, come meet us in Aug.  We're the best shrink you could ever find.  Group therapy ala mode.  No body's going to turn their back to you or walk away or try to tell you what to do.  We're just going to rejoice in being friends and being together doing what friends being together do... love and support.

if you see your va shrink...fine.  but tell him you have an appointe for Aug 5-12 that can't be put off.

robt

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 12:13:01 pm »
Why would you try and pet a strange cat, period?  ???

You're asking for trouble IMHO.
[.Fodão.]

Offline Basquo

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 04:28:19 pm »
Why would you try and pet a strange cat, period?  ???

You're asking for trouble IMHO.

Ummm, because I love animals and I might be drinking? 

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 01:09:25 am »
Ummm, because I love animals and I might be drinking? 

Here is a little pre-trip preparedness tip.

This is NOT a kitty ... this is Mssr. Pepe Le Pew!  :D
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 01:55:56 am »
Ah Pepe Le Pew..what a romantic little skunk he is...and that accent... :D

Hugs

Offline em

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:05 am »
Here is an idea to kick around I know it is last minute but I do know a film crew and could have this set up but being so late in the game plan it might be difficult to fullfill and maybe just maybe the written thought is enough to share and ticlkle your funny bone ?

CHEERS bar location >

IN the back round the theme song to cheers is playing and when they get to the part were the liricks say everyone knows your name ?

Have the group at the bar say hello to every member of the AMG >

Then replay  "every one knows your name" and the next member of the AMG group comes through the door  IN order of the most posts or something starting with the administrators and moving along the list to each person walking through the door

this short film could ba great personal silvenear of the trip and could be posted on the web sight showing a bunch of HIV + people just having fun and having fun pretending to be on this TV show from days gone by > sorry I would bring my video cam corder but it takes BETA and the tapes do not work like they used these years as they did in years gone by ?  must be getting old  worn out like me ?

Then have me be the last person to start at the door and walk up to the bar and the members of AMG go " who is that guy " and every mumble must be an extra" " that is a ne body he is not on the cast list "" CUT were is the script ?  
OK script what seen is next ?

Want to feel old I went to fast food resturant today and the news paper head line says Ernest Borgnine visits navy base . I say wow to the young girl behind the counter I am so sorry I had thought he had passed away ? with a sheepish grin ? She says who I do not have any idea who he is . I mention he had a hit  TV show way back in the sixties. She goes I was not born yet > I had said he was the leed role on Mchale's Navy > she says I have never heard of that show ? I say they did a remake movie about it ? She says what did they call it ? I say Mchale's NAVY ?    

Then I tell her to look it up on line on Utube or IN2tv or netflix and tell her friends she read about the guy who was on the TV show in the newspaper  visiting the NAVY base near her work ?

He also is the vioce of the old guy mermaid man on sponge bob square pants > the old guy in the nursing home that his side kick keeps calling you old coot > funny for second I was trying to make a joke about hard drinking ernest borgnine ? there is a hershfeld drawring of him and the mermennator ethel merman were he has the glow of extrem intoxication with a huge grin on his face ? who is or was ethel merman ? man do I feel old no one here knows who these people were ? Or should I say ARE there memory lives on as long as we do not forget them ?

mermaid man and his side kick - barnickle boy ?

sorry  I watch childrens cartoons have to do something while I sit around wating for time to take these old bones to there final resting place ?

Mchales NAVY aired from 1962 - 1966 seems like only yesterday ?

And maybe her parents might be able to relate to her or her grand parents ?
Man do I feel old today ? man I am old enough to be her grand father > and frisky enough in my younger days to be her great great  grand father ? If I had Children who were as much trouble to this world as I  might have been and could have been I am not confessing to anything  ? see I am not confessing to nothing just saying the human female starts being reproductive at twelve ish the male well some start things earlier then others I guess ? nothing to be proud of or ashamed either I guess ? so if a male child fathers a child at ten and it is a boy and that boy fathers a child when he is ten who is also a boy  at ten he does the same thing when the first person on this list reaches 80 > he is a great great great great great grand father in his eitieth year and if he lives to be a hundred and sixty five well and those children have children in a thousand years like as ina milinium  they would over run the population of other people who had waited to have children untill they are old enough and ready ?

mathmatically it could happen buy statiscally  highly unlikely ? anything like this could happen at least as far as you know ?  I know it is in the relm of posibility and also it is not in the relm plausibility and therfor highly unlikely ? Just slightly could happen if conditions would alow ?

ever see good will hunting > the movie was about a smart guy in Boston and was written by the two guys that stard in it ? ben affleck and  matt damon wrote the story at least that was the rumor I had heard ? and robin williams was in it tell me at least you have heard of him right ?

funny I used to be a janitor and was also a math wiz and kept giving in detail mathmatical calculations to the instructors then being smart enough to know better then working to hard I would go walk about ( australian term for it ) > or out and about ( canadean term for it )  > vision quest ( native american indigience ocupents of the US used to call this ) were  I would   just run into the woods as far as I could just to find some peace to thrive my spirit and feed  my soul some of the beati nature and the envirnment has to offer >  for the past few years I have lived on island with out woods so running of into the woods and testing my servival skills well living on a crwded island makes that dificult not mention being old and having to take tons of pills ? maybe in my next life I will do better ? if I am unlucky enough to have to start all over from jump street from go back to the begging and having start al over again with nothing starting from scratch as it were  to live  in this world again ?  man my head hurts just thinking of having to tolerate this lving struggle all over agian ?  

Mchales NAVY aired from 1962 - 1966 seems like only yesterday ?

sorry for the side track and high jacking my own thread with tv and movie ideas this was a warning about boston not a welcome to boston this what you should expect while here ? lots and lots of crazyness  at least the Boston I grew up in was >

all my best
EM

as you can tell by the amount of typing I had done I had gotten very exicted about atending this avent. I had been not sleeping and not doing my share of the chores around the manor house I recide at I guess and the other peole I have been living with had felt slighted and upset that just being around them was not enough to fofill my decire to know people .

I had worked at a diner theater for ten years my dad from Boston had said one time. Why do you work here  I had said I do not make much money . He says it is like that very old joke . This guy says how much do you make working at the burlesque house / he says so much money a week ( for joke sake say two hundred dollars ) The other guy says that is not much money and the bunch line the first guy says is that is all I can afford ?
 IN fact one day I had all these tools and was proning the trees I had a ladder and bow saw  and this young child walked up and said how much money do you make doing this kind of work ? I had said trimming these trees I am volenteering cause this is a community theater and the theater is a place people go to have fun so I am helping them  . the childs siblings and mother came up to me a short time later and there mother infront of her own children yells at me " you ( fu__en) lyer !)" I think while she is tye rating at me about why I should not lye to children I am thinking a lyer a musical instrument used to make beauti full music and if I were an object that would be the object I should be ?

ya tell the truth and people hate you . you volenteer for a worthy cause and people hate you, why was it I had worked so hard to stay alive for ?

then my father comes by to see me at  the theater and say why are you still working here ? people are going talk ? I had looked at him and was flustered ? granted this is a english hard drinking guy from south boston who I had been walking high rise staging with from the time I first learned to walk ? He says to me almost thirty years ago in high rise construction do you know what the longest two inches is in high rise cunstruction is ? I looked at him and looked down at my pants ? I say the distance between, pause to male him think i had to think about the question better to play dumb then make him feal dumb ?  the ends of staging planks one layer on top of another layer when you step off the edge of one layer of staging onto the next the distance is two inches but caring heavy construction material wighty feeet in the air those two inches in that micron of second your mind thinks you are goin to fall off the building ? been there dons that many tomes >  I think his realtives and drinking budies and construction cromies were telling him your son works at a diner theater doin musicals he must be quite the ( diregatory term for some one who does not have interest in getting to know and be intimet with the female reproductive anatamy ? )

I tel my dad working there for almost no money  should I go back to construction or ? he wanted me to go in with him back to driving trucks again  ? I was like been there done that to much like reel work thank you very much ?

At this hteater one time the mother of an adopted rebelious child who had played tiny tim one year in christmaas carol. I was out back behind the theater taking a break from building sets and was  smoking and he walks up wearing a suit this little sawed off half size mini person > His adopitive dad a salor in the NAVY > this young boy walks up to me and says granted he was about 9 years old and this was about twenty years ago > my ( FU__N ) ( BI_CH ) of a mom tells me I have to go to court today to see a judge ? I look at him and in my deepest salty dog seasoned sailor vioce say > ARGGH maty some day you will make a first rate first mate for the NAVY talking like that . he says why would I want to jion the NAVY > I say I thought the same thing when my mother shiped me off to boot camp ? He walks awy back to the front of the building. Then  HIs  mother  walks back around from  the front of the building  with a huge smile on her face and simply says thank you >    stupid me still having the smoke in my hand says  for what ?

she then leaves to take her son to court ?

YA  I would have loved to have gone to the cheers bar in fanual hall > I used to drink there thirty years ago with my dad ?

the boy who played tiny tim way back when I saw his mug shot on the post office most wanted board while back ? no sorry I saw his picture on face book maybe I should say hello and see what he is up to or doin ? He is like thirty now ? last time I saw him he was in a play for a community theater in con for music man ? He came out after the show and said want to meet my freinds and family sir ? I had said sure young MAN it would be ny honor > that was about ten years ago ?

my frieds had told me he is quite the young gun ruf and ready for a great life > I was proud just to have  know him >

all my best
em

all my best
em
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:24:13 am by em »

Offline em

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 01:05:54 am »
happy VJ day USA

sorry about not being able to attend the AMG family matters and all my neice got her arm broken playing american foot ball today she is like 8 or something and a girl playing jr foot ball with the boys and so far the only one on the team ablt to make interception with out dropping it at least that is what the coach tells me <

she reminds me of young girl i knew when I was younger I think she grew up to be Jolia roberts but I am not sure ?

all my best
em

Offline Basquo

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 10:49:19 pm »
Sorry we didn't get to see you, em, but I wanted to let you know I did find my pritty kitty! Fortunately she was behind glass at the Harvard Museum of Natural History, but unfortunately she wasn't breathing. If she's as old as the other specimens, I guess she's been there for about a hundred years.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline em

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:34 am »
I am sending out a search party using fmily conections some day >

the adventures club of chicago presided over by guess his name if you dare >

I will tell you it it s the same as mine ?

in 1919 to be axact look it up takes about a second using the google on exp  explorer ?

well any who I will like some day to send a team to find the rare and un heard of creature I hear tell livesi nthat part of the world with the duck billed platipus way over there ?

it is called the Pandroo it lives some place around south east asia and australia it is half panda and half kanga roo it is about six feet tall black and white and hops around like a rabbit ?

I would draw some pictures to send but time is short just use the white rabbit from alice in wonder land very similar creature after all >

maybe some day I will publicsh a story about it or the children I teach might wright it some day I hope so >

all my best to you I am goin to do somehting today just wish I could remember what ?

all my best
EM

please except my apologies if my typing in your direction has offended
all my best

em
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:18:24 pm by em »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.