Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:53:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 234
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: fungus inside opening of penis  (Read 33889 times)

Offline LordBerners

fungus inside opening of penis
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:21:36 am »
For about the last year or two I had a small growth of fungus inside my 'pee-hole', and it had gotten worse the last few months since my CD4s declined to around 189.  The ailment did not cause any irritation or any problems, it just lived there.  Will, last two times I was on ARV (just a week each time), this cleared up right away, and this time it totally cleared up within about two weeks.  Of course the optimist in me is guessing this is a sign of improvement and that the meds are working (happily no side effects this time).

Has anyone ever had this fungus-in-the-peehole ailment? 
Please, just call me Berners.. or Baron.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: fungus inside opening of penis
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:11:20 pm »
Why haven't you shown this to your doctor? It's the obvious thing to do.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:29:42 am »
Well, I didn't really have any reason to show it to him.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:40:50 am »
I would have thought having a fungus living in your urethra was enough reason to show it to your doctor. You're not supposed to have things growing in there.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ARMANDO

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:14 am »
sounds like MRSA!!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:26:43 am »
LordBerners, you *really* need to learn to be a patient.  In a recent thread you complained about your doctor not doing his duty and handing out a brochure instructing patients that halting HIV meds was a no-no (though it's common sense with a chronic life threatening disease) and now you have fungus in your reproductive organ for TWO YEARS and yet you've done nothing about it (except, I suppose, stick it in some guy's mouth).

I'm sorry, but please wake up and go to a urologist.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:53 am »
sounds like MRSA!!

No, its a fungus, not a bacteria.  Or maybe you were kidding (good one).

LordBerners, you *really* need to learn to be a patient.  In a recent thread you complained about your doctor not doing his duty and handing out a brochure instructing patients that halting HIV meds was a no-no (though it's common sense with a chronic life threatening disease) and now you have fungus in your reproductive organ for TWO YEARS and yet you've done nothing about it (except, I suppose, stick it in some guy's mouth).

I'm sorry, but please wake up and go to a urologist.

Well, not that it makes any difference, but I'm partial to the ladies.  But regarding the fungus, it was harmless, so I saw no reason to go to the doctor about it.   If one went to the doctor every time one had some minor STD or infection one would be in for some serious bills even here were it costs typically $6-20 to see the docs.  Most medicines are over the counter (still a relatively free country), so one can self-medicate by doing a little research and/or chatting with the drug store clerk.

For example, I have some warts on the penis which I have been dealing with using a Thai made petrolatum based cream which contains salicylic acid.  I can't read any of the Thai on the package, just the 'active ingredients' - and it has been working rather well!  The warts are softening and the largest one even detatching.  On the downside, before I got this cream I bought a liquid salicylic acid solution, and while trying to get it only on the warts spilled it all over my penis - this lead to some peeling, but nothing too awful.

Lastly, I hardly think it is good policy for the medical profession to assume that patients will do such-and-so simply becaues they are ordered to do so.  Better to inform the patient so he can know what reasoning is behind said orders, and decide for himself.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:05:11 am »
Wow, LB, all I can say is I hope you use condoms now days - even for getting blown. You sound like a one-man STI epidemic and I can't help but wonder how many people you've passed your warts and fungi on to. Sheesh!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
Berners

For many of us guys there's a lot of cultural conditioning that it's not "macho" to see a doctor until you are in great pain, or absolutely cannot function.  I remember reading (on the internet so it must be true  :P ) that when a person comes back to work from a sick day you should tell a woman how well she is looking and that you should tell a man how awful he looks.  There's more than a germ of truth in that joke.

It can be tough to get your head around the idea that you now have a serious, chronic condition which can be fatal if left untreated and which opens your body to the possibility of any number of unusual and potentially disabling diseases.  Your doctors will generally want to see you at least quarterly and MORE OFTEN if there are any unusual things going on.  From now on, any time you find yourself wondering if you should possibly see a doctor the answer is probably yes -- you can ask (at the appointment) whether they think you are overreacting, but for now you probably need to err on the side of caution.

Sorry so vehement -- I kinda struggle with this issue myself.

Assurbanipal
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 10:47:21 am »
Wow, LB, all I can say is I hope you use condoms now days - even for getting blown. You sound like a one-man STI epidemic and I can't help but wonder how many people you've passed your warts and fungi on to. Sheesh!

It's appalling.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 11:08:56 am »
It's appalling.

Amazing even. Reminds me of the people in Am I who get blowjobs whlle they've got a herpes lesion on their penis then come to us crying because they think they've been infected with hiv. Or the ones who give blowjobs with a "coldsore". Never mind the fact that they've passed their herpes on. ::) Does my head in.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 11:11:48 am »
Amazing even. Reminds me of the people in Am I who get blowjobs whlle they've got a herpes lesion on their penis then come to us crying because they think they've been infected with hiv. Or the ones who give blowjobs with a "coldsore". Never mind the fact that they've passed their herpes on. ::) Does my head in.

Ah yes, the games people shouldn't play  ??? but somehow they play them anyway  :o that does me in as well......
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:18:35 am »
LB,

Do yourself and your future sex partners a favour (now that you're horny again) and get your STIs PROPERLY TREATED BY A DOCTOR.

I am totally flabbergasted by your cavalier attitude toward STIs. Pissed off even.  >:(

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 12:24:09 pm »
LB,

Do yourself and your future sex partners a favour (now that you're horny again) and get your STIs PROPERLY TREATED BY A DOCTOR.

I am totally flabbergasted by your cavalier attitude toward STIs. Pissed off even.  >:(

Ditto.  Un-fuckin-believable.

Offline atlq

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 12:50:38 pm »
Let me pile on here....STI's are not treatable with home remedies!....If you own health is of so little concern to you, that's your business. But you need to think of others ..... :(
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline David_CA

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 01:25:35 pm »
Fungus inside of a penis = NASTY!  I think the only thing I'd want growing inside my penis is, well, the penis itself, as in a boner.  Fungal infections can be very difficult to treat and are never attractive, often smell bad, and can damage the tissue itself.  If it were me, I think I'd have asked my Dr. about that as soon as I noticed it.  After all, it is one of my favorite body parts and I'd like to keep it working and appearing as it should.  The other thing I'd be curious about is how you know it's a fungus instead of something else.  Regardless, show it to your Dr; I'm sure he (or she) has seen one or two before!

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 01:56:13 pm »
...cultural conditioning that it's not "macho" to see a doctor...

It can be tough to get your head around the idea that you now have a serious, chronic condition which can be fatal if left untreated and which opens your body to the possibility of any number of unusual and potentially disabling diseases.

Thanks for your kind and considerate post, Assurbanipal.  I am in fact not a macho guy at all - I just avoid the doctor sometimes as it is a lot of trouble to go for something you already know how to deal with.  Certainly I am well aware that I now have a serious, chronic condition which is likely to be fatal if left untreated (and maybe even if treated), and I can assure you that I deal with that issue with doctor-centered care.  But I still use over the counter medicines for minor ailments - I don't find this inconsistent.

Ditto.  Un-fuckin-believable.

Please don't be pissed off, Ann, Peter.  I do believe I acquired the warts years ago, before I knew I was positive, and the fungus of course is not necessarily a sexually transmitted infection.

Let me pile on here....STI's are not treatable with home remedies!....

Perhaps not home remedies, but in many countries the antibiotics or other treatments for STIs are available over the counter.  Hence it is technically possible to treat them without the aid of a doctor.

I apologize for my original posting tending to rile people.  I don't want to cause trouble on this wonderful and helpful forum. I actually only shared that wart story because I thought it was kind of funny, and given that people self-treat warts on their feet it didn't occur to me that it would be so controversial.  Lastly, I will heed the advice of several above and mention these ailments to my hiv docs when I see them next month.  Thanks, all.

Offline weasel

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 08:20:32 pm »
dearest lordberners !
                              I THINK I figured  you out  :o

I'd bet my last dollar that you post the most banal and BIZZAR posts , AND THEN LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF  >:(

I really thought you were for real  :)

BUT  reading your latest post ?

Please forgive me , but it has just turned into an am musing read , to hear your weird and rather odd posts !

even a 16 year old knows to pay attention to his WILLY , and NOT assume they are a doctor and go to the
pharmacy and pick out something they CAN NOT READ  and use it !

"OH MY" ,YOU NEED SOME SORT OF ADULT SUPERVISION !

please if you are for real FIND A DOCTOR THAT YOU CAN TRUST AND LISTEN TO HIM !
YOU ARE IN DANGER , OF YOURSELF !

BE HEALTHY AND LIVE CLEAN  :)

weasel

ps do NOT have sex with anyone ,until you are cured of .................................
" Live and let Live "

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:28 pm »
Excuse for a second!! LB just made me throw up in my mouth a bit. okay anyone knows that if something is growin on your willy or your V jay jay ( vagina) yo go to the doctors. u dont self medicate let alone have sex with other people!!!!
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 05:43:38 am »
dearest lordberners !
                              I THINK I figured  you out  :o

I'd bet my last dollar that you post the most banal and BIZZAR posts , AND THEN LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF  >:(

I really thought you were for real  :)

Excuse me, weasel, but sharing a story that one thinks fellow members will find amusing is 'not for real'?  I think we all have many such amusing tales, and maybe its my 'stiff upper lip' brand of humour, but I consider my litany of minor ailments caused by immune deficiency have potential for humour (mean that tiny but persistent bit of fungus in the p-hole just made me chuckle somehow - my constant companion).  Now, I wasn't laughing even ruefully when I had tuberculosis, but minor infections don't get me too upset.

...anyone knows that if something is growin on your willy or your V jay jay ( vagina) yo go to the doctors. u dont self medicate let alone have sex with other people!!!!

Sorry to correct you, Tatenda, but nothing I have posted suggests that I am having sex with other people. 

As for the directive to go to the doctors for every ailment, I can't help but draw the conclusion that this is not an absolute rule in much of the world - for example azithromycin, one of the most doctor-recommended cures for the Clap, is sold over the counter here.  You probably buy cold medicines over the counter in the US.. well here the medical profession has somewhat less control, apparently, so a larger selection of treatment options is available to the individual outside the doctor's office.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 05:51:14 am »
I do believe I acquired the warts years ago, before I knew I was positive, and the fungus of course is not necessarily a sexually transmitted infection.

I actually only shared that wart story because I thought it was kind of funny, and given that people self-treat warts on their feet it didn't occur to me that it would be so controversial.

Years ago? And you've still got them? Unbelievable

Are you aware that genital warts and planter's warts (on the foot) are totally different types of warts? Genital warts are often of the HPV (human papilloma virus) and can cause cancer. HPV is the leading cause of cervical cancer. Genital warts aren't funny. They're potentially lethal.

sharing a story that one thinks fellow members will find amusing

THERE IS NOTHING AMUSING ABOUT GENITAL WARTS!

As for the fungus "not necessarily" being a sexually transmitted infection, how the hell do you know? You're not a doctor. You don't even actually know if it IS a fungus or not. You're just assuming.

I hope you discuss these problems you've got with your doctor. You say you will, but your track record makes me less than confident. It's your life, your health; I just hope you keep these ailments to yourself.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:52:53 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Roie

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 06:49:23 am »
Awful to have such a ailment on your penis. By the way, hows your cough? What caused it is it Lymphoma? And are you still being treated for TB?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:12:59 am by Roie »
Cruise on down the High Way

"When people who are not ready jump in, things can go horribly wrong. For most of us, there is always time to take a deep breath, consider one's options and make a careful, sound decision based on clinical fact, not emotion."
MtD

Offline weasel

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 07:14:21 am »
dearest lordburners ,
                              ANNE brought up something I recently found out !

A few months ago I called work in Las Vegas , I asked about Mat , a guy I worked with .

Mat was very atuned to the after life , and i was calling to let him know I found out what he had told me was true !

oh I.m babbling  :o

what ANN said was " willy warts can lead to CANCER "

WELL I WAS SHOCKED TO FIND OUT MAT HAD DIED JUST DAYS BEFORE MY CALL !

5 years ago he had a wart on his willy , He showed our boss  :o , who was not ammused  ::)

I had no idea MEN died of willy cancer , I have know about  ball cancer , but not willy !

Apparently his DOCTOR did not know about it either , because he was treated for warts for years until it was discovered

that it was indeed  cancer of the  willy !

I do hope you start taking your life more seriously !

best of life to you !

I would love to know your age ! , you could PM me if you do not feel comfortable letting people

know that you are  19 ?

be well , be happy , be safe !

no sex no sex no sex no sex no sex   :-*

weasel

" Live and let Live "

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 02:56:38 pm »
Awful to have such a ailment on your penis. By the way, hows your cough? What caused it is it Lymphoma? And are you still being treated for TB?

Thanks for your concern, Roie.  My cough was caused by the TB, which is now well under control after almost four months of treatment.  Just a couple of months to go, and I have felt completely 'well' since the first two weeks of treatment, as is the norm.   Anyway never had any Lymphoma - that was just one doctor's theory.. turned out to be TB.

Interestingly the cough was not all the time, nor did I have any fluid in my lungs.  I mostly just coughed after/during meals, sort of gagging on the food.  The TB was not really located in my lungs particularly.. more of a lymph node and systemic variety - makes it harder to diagnose as nothing shows up on x-rays.

5 years ago he had a wart on his willy , He showed our boss  :o , who was not ammused  ::)

I had no idea MEN died of willy cancer , I have know about  ball cancer , but not willy !

I have heard of that, and anyway even if a penectomy saves your life, suicide is not unusual (what's life worth without one's best friend?).

And I am in my late 30s early 40s lets say.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:11:11 pm by LordBerners »

Offline YaKaMein

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 04:04:52 pm »
Hey Berners,
I'll admit this thread created some disconcerting assumptions to me about your situation and the potential health threats posed to you and from you. What struck me most was how long you had this and never confirming exactly what it is or was. It seems inconsistent that you identify and confirm some health problems, like TB, and not some growth in your urethra [perhaps for TWO yrs now].

I can't draw too many conclusions based on what you've shared. However, It's very disturbing when you don't make it clear that you are not preventing transmitting whatever it is or exposing yourself to something else because of it. I'm unsettled by how nonchalant, you seem about some inconclusive 'growth'. I'm glad to hear that you plan to investigate your penis and it's residents ASAP.

-YaKaMein [who's in favor in OTC and self-treatment with limitations, but thinks confirmation is always a good thing!]
09/11 Endocrine Consult
08/11 CD4 328 14.9% VL 0
 Disc'd Bactrim DEXA -3.1 Tscore
03/11 CD4 338 14.7% VL 0
11/10 CD4 300 14.3% VL 0 <20copies
07/10 CD4 336 14.0% VL 0 DEXA -2.7 Tscore
03/10 CD4 308 13.4% VL 0 Vit D normal
01/10 Began FOTO
11/09 CD4 274 13.7% VL 0 Chol 173 Trig 131
07/09 CD4 324 13.5% VL 0 DEXA -3.1 Tscore lumbar
03/09 CD4 207 10.9% VL 0
11/08 CD4 227 10.3% VL 0 Chol 176 Trig 156
04/08 CD4 228 9.5% VL 0
01/08 CD4 194 9.0% VL 0
09/07 CD4 176 8.3% VL 0
03/07 CD4 130 9.5% VL 0 Chol 261  Trig 227
12/06 CD4 109 6.4% VL 0
09/06 CD4  88 5.5% VL und desens'd rtd to Bactrim
08/06  Began Atripla
07/06 CD4  59 5.0% VL 145 Chol 117 Trig 104
06/06  Bactrim rash, X2 Dapsone
 EFV & Truvada Chol 128 Trig 131
05/06 CD4  6 (2.0%) VL 78667 only V179D mutation Dx PC MAC

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 04:26:04 pm »
I think LB gets a slight kick out of his threads. but i think some of yo issues warrant some cause for concern. LB i meant to say I hope you are not having sex while u battle your visitors down there. i did not mean to offend u.

I think we r all just urging you to NOT  brush off serious problems. i mean your issues are not like having a regular headache or trying to treat a cold. I hope u get a professional opinion for your own sake. and for the mean time : zip-it-up.com love. ZIP IT UP!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:28:48 pm by Tatenda »
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline weasel

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 06:48:25 pm »
hey 30 or forty ?
                         lordberners ? oh my  :o

I lost a dear freind of WILLY   CANCER !

HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF  :o

Please find your birth certificate and see if you can fiquer out how old you are  :-*

NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING !

When I loose a freind , it is not time for humor !

hope your leaky weaky willy is drying up or has been fixed or repaired or what ever you

have decided to do with it  ;)

best  of luck , I have a feeling you well be around or years  ::)

TA TA  and a cup of tea  :D

love, karl
" Live and let Live "

Offline edfu

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 10:57:53 pm »
And I am in my late 30s early 40s lets say.

LOL.  This might be the joke of the day.  I'm saying, based on this humorous response, that you're probably closer to 50 than anything. 

"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 02:46:54 am »
Dear friends, my reason for not specifying my age was neither vanity nor ignorance, but simply desire for anonymity.

Just a note to YakMein, the reason I focused a great deal of effort on diagnosing the TB was that it was obvious that I was very ill - losing a huge amount of weight, persistent gagging cough, etc.  The minute fungus growing in my peehole was not, of course, as concerning.

Offline weasel

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 08:58:35 am »
OH MY  :o
I'M 54         
           TODAY  :o

OH  ?  NOW EVERBODY KNOWS WHO I AM  :o

What to do , what to do ........................................................................

I think lordberners is MORE  like sixty  ;) ,

and may even be a the   GUY that lives next door to me , his profile makes think I know him  ::)

I saw lordberners at wal-mart  ;)

he's  very cute  ;), but i must not let that let me forget about his willy fungus that may grow into a mushroom field  :)
 " I do not know how old I am ? " ,  want to be  annonamus ? well you are  ;D

the population of the world ? , this would make it IMPOSSIBLE  to think ONLY LORDBERNERS has a birthday YEAR that would  be

exclusive to HIM  :D

I love not to attract attention , but I LOVE  to be loved !

have a good day lordberners  :)

i be out all day , so do NOT look in my window  ;)

looking forward to your next storey  :-* :-* :-*

weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 09:47:46 am »
OH MY  :o
I'M 54         
           TODAY  :o

OH  ?  NOW EVERBODY KNOWS WHO I AM  :o

What to do , what to do ........................................................................

I think lordberners is MORE  like sixty  ;) ,

and may even be a the   GUY that lives next door to me , his profile makes think I know him  ::)

I saw lordberners at wal-mart  ;)

he's  very cute  ;), but i must not let that let me forget about his willy fungus that may grow into a mushroom field  :)
 " I do not know how old I am ? " ,  want to be  annonamus ? well you are  ;D

the population of the world ? , this would make it IMPOSSIBLE  to think ONLY LORDBERNERS has a birthday YEAR that would  be

exclusive to HIM  :D

I love not to attract attention , but I LOVE  to be loved !

have a good day lordberners  :)

i be out all day , so do NOT look in my window  ;)

looking forward to your next storey  :-* :-* :-*

weasel

What on earth are you talking about? This makes no sense.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:50:34 am by sharkdiver »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 10:16:51 am »
It never does.  Nor does the formatting of the post sprinkled with 15 emoticons.

Offline weasel

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 03:53:54 pm »
I FORGET SOME OF YOU ARE A LITTLE SLOW TO CATCH ON TO HUMOR  :)

MABEY I SHOULD BE ALL DEPRESSED AND SPEND  9 HOURS ON THE WEB , AND not KNOW
WHAT THE HELL I AM READING !

DID YOU NOT READ LORDBERNERS COMMENTS ?
HE NEITHER KNOWS HOW OLD HE IS
OR WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM
AND FEELS IF WE KNEW HE WERE 60 ,THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD KNOW HIM

SHARKDIVER SEEM TO BE RATHER SARCASTIC !

AND SO WAS THE OTHER POST !

MINE WAS SORT OF A SATIRE !

LOOK IT UP IN YOUR DICTIONARY  :)

AND BY THE WAY I WAS INFORMED TO USE  :) , SO SMART PEOPLE WOULD  KNOW IT WAS A JOKE !

BUT BE HATEFUL SHARKDIVER  :-*

CAUSE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE AN IDIOT  ::)

LOVE , KARL  :)

PS  I HOPE YOU HANG ON TO EVERYTHING LORDBERNERS POSTS , MORE THAN LIKLEY HE DOES not EVEN HAVE  HIV OR AIDS

AND JUST LAUGHS AT US ALL  :)

OH I FORGOT TO COUNT HOW MANY SMILEY FACES I USED !

NOT THAT IT MATTERS , IT IS A FORUM TO RELEASE , NOT TO BE CRITIZED BY PEOPLE THAT GIVE NO SUPPORT

JUST INSULTS !

BEST OF WISHES ,I'M SURE YOU FEEL BETTER NOW THAT YOU HAVE INSULTED ME !

PLEASE LEARN TO READ ! NOT JUST LOOK !

I FOUND YOUR RESPONSE  STUPID AND INCONSEDERATE !

BUT OH WELL IT IS MY BIRTHDAY SO ........................................................................... :-*

WEASEL

" Live and let Live "

Offline weasel

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 04:00:42 pm »
HULLO PHILLY 267

are you an emotion icon counter ?
this could be a form of   OCD  :)

help can be had  :)

YOU seem to hang on sharkdivers  words  :o

do you not have a brain of your own ?

please be kind , I reread my post and found it makes perfect sense

IF YOU READ LORDBERNERS POSTS , WITCH YOU HAVE NOT !

EITHER DID SHARKDIVER !

YOU SEEM TO BE MOOD BREAKERS  or just maybe
you have not had any schooling ?

learn to read , you seem to be able to count  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 04:34:07 pm »
Weasel,

Please tread carefully. Your comments to Philly and Sharkdiver are bordering on flamebait. Not quite there, but close.

The fact of the matter is, your posts often are very hard to follow. It's no surprise that some might comment on that fact.

I suggest you stop hijacking this thread with your grievances against Philly and Sharkdiver. You can always put them on ignore or use the report button or take it to PMs or emails or whatever. Just please, stop the hijack before it turns into a flamewar.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2008, 08:53:38 pm »
Reading Lord Berne's nonchalantness about this really pisses me off.  LB, please, get to a doctor and get your "issues" properly treated so they can be gotten rid of.  Wow.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2008, 10:31:58 pm »
I have avoided commenting on this thread because I felt many people had already said what I was thinking. But I'm feeling especially chatty at the moment so I will chat up this thread with my pearls of wisdom.  :o

I've never had a fungus in my genital area. I have had yeast but I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone having fungus in their penis.
I couldn't tell from reading but is the fungus gone now? And if you believe it is how can you really know without being medically supervised?

I know it has already been said but genital warts are very dangerous for women. Women exposed to HPV can develop cervical cancer. The treatment to get rid of cervical dysplasia which is what it is called prior to becoming cancerous is very painful and can take many treatments. Which can include having part of the cervix cut off.
It is called a cone biopsy or a LEEP. Most often they inject the cervix with a local anesthetic rather than putting the lady under general anesthetic. Which means she is awake during the procedure.
From experience let me tell you this having several injections in your cervix is very painful and so is having part of it cut off.

Genital warts is a communicable, venereal, and viral disease, which is transmitted through sex. You can get it orally too. It can physically deform your sexual organs.  :-\   which aside from the communicability factor is one of the reasons why I think many people on this thread have shown concern.

I respect your desire for anonymity but I think the age thing is silly.

I'm 36 years old.  ;D

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2008, 10:44:20 pm »
Yes ,men can get Candida/yeast infections on the penis, scrotum, in the urethra and even in the prostrate. This could be potentially dangerous if it spreads through your body.

Please, please, please ...for your own sake get to a doctor.

Sharkie

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 03:10:03 am »
...I couldn't tell from reading but is the fungus gone now? And if you believe it is how can you really know without being medically supervised?

Yes, thank you for asking.  The fungus cleared up two weeks after I started ARV, just as it did the other two times I started meds.  As for 'how can I really know without being medically supervised?', I suppose the same way I noticed I had it in the first place = I looked at it.

And regarding Weasel - I love and understand his posts, for what it is worth.  He's right, as is Winiroo, I'm a bit paranoid to avoid stating my exact age.. but it works for me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 07:50:38 am »
Yes, thank you for asking.  The fungus cleared up two weeks after I started ARV, just as it did the other two times I started meds.  As for 'how can I really know without being medically supervised?', I suppose the same way I noticed I had it in the first place = I looked at it.

If it keeps coming back, then it's probably not totally gone in the first place. And you never answered my question - how do you even know it's a fungus in the first place? Are you really a doctor and just not telling us or what? Because if you're not, then your fooling nobody but yourself by practicing medicine on yourself without a licence. And for heaven's sake, get those warts properly treated as well. ::)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 10:14:48 am »
the mental pictures I have are rather unpleasant.

I still cant imagine having fungus "mold" on your penis.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 12:35:20 pm »
Just to add a bit of information here, I recently learned at a training there are more than 60 types of HPV virus.

Of those, there are three or four that are known to cause cancer of the cervix in women.

By the way, planters warts are a type of HPV, but not the same type as those that cause cancer of the cervix.

We were discussing this because the new vaccine came up and the reasons why it is only given to virgins was discussed. There is actually a good reason, believe it or not.

The bottom line, LB, is while meds may be available over the counter where you live, diagnoses are not.

That is why we pay doctors.

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 01:53:28 pm »
If it keeps coming back, then it's probably not totally gone in the first place. And you never answered my question - how do you even know it's a fungus in the first place? Are you really a doctor and just not telling us or what? Because if you're not, then your fooling nobody but yourself by practicing medicine on yourself without a licence.

It may not be fully 'gone', Ann - fungus is common on parts of the human body and in the environment.  As for your question, I did in fact answer it:  the reason I believe it to be a fungus is I looked at it, and it looked like a fungus.  This is precisely how doctors adjudge what is a fungus, or tell a wart apart from a herpe, etc.  They don't normally use some high-teck thingy that gives the absolute answer. 

I think your trust in doctors is charming, but after years of incorrect diagnosis, I do not share it.

The bottom line, LB, is while meds may be available over the counter where you live, diagnoses are not.

That is why we pay doctors.

Yeah, the problem is they are wrong just as often as I, and when correct come to the same conclusion I did prior to the visit most of the time.  Don't get me wrong, I want a lot of opinions when I'm bad shape, but not so much for this minor stuff.

The litany of farangs (white foreigners) trying to get treated for STDs here and being misdiagnosed is famous.  I do think there are a large number of incompetent doctors here - whether that is the case in the USA I do not know as I have only very rarely been able to afford to see a doctor there. 

I do have one funny story of unprofessional behaviour on the part of a Thai doc here.   A little while after I believe I serio-converted, I had a nasty infection of boils in my pubic and crotch area.  I don't know what it was, but the boils conjoined into the crease between thigh and groin, becoming rather large, and making healing problematic.  So at this point I went to the doctor at a local Thai hospital.  Well, I won't go into salacious detail, but he molested my penis quite blatantly while asking me lurid questions about my interactions with the 'sex workers' of the town.  I was shocked - doctors back home are always so afraid of getting sued or accused.. this one was just having fun.  I was even more shocked that one medically trained would want to give a handjob so near to a bunch of awful infected lesions!  (the chap even put the tip in his mouth very briefly)

So this gives you an idea of what one is dealing with here.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »
(the chap even put the tip in his mouth very briefly)

Had it been me the chap would be missing some teeth before I left.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 02:50:10 pm »
Wait a minute.  I missed that one the first time.  You're actually claiming that a medical professional tried to suck you off, in plain light of lesions?

Color me dubious.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:51:45 pm by philly267 »

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 03:07:58 pm »
Wait a minute.  I missed that one the first time.  You're actually claiming that a medical professional tried to suck you off, in plain light of lesions?

Color me dubious.

YUCK!  ??? now that is disturbing to say the least  :o but in the real world I hardly Believe it  ::)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:09:56 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline LordBerners

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »

Color me dubious.

Nevertheless, it happened in our strange and unpredictable world.  Though I might in his defense point out that the lesions were not in fact on the penis, but in the crotch area between thigh and pubis.  I would also clarify that a brief placement of the penis-tip in the mouth (no more than 30 seconds) does not constitute a 'sucking off'.

The point is that membership in the medical profession is not an inocculation against error or inappropriate behaviour.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2008, 03:31:23 pm »
ok I think I am done here.

bad taste in my mouth, pun intended.  ::)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 04:01:07 pm »
LB,

If I had a penis and I had some sort of growth in that penis, I wouldn't trust a doctor to diagnose me via SIGHT alone. If he didn't swab it, I'd damn well make sure he did. I don't have an awfully high level of trust in doctors who attempt to diagnose by sight alone, but there's not much arguing with LABORATORY TESTING of samples taken from the offending region.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 07:56:47 pm »
Berners, nothing that you've posted about Thai doctors gives me any confidence in their competence.  There's probably a good reason why American doctors cost more.  You get what you pay for.
It's a complex world

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.