Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:52:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 702
Total: 702

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Test ??  (Read 5324 times)

Offline sceeredstraight

Test ??
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:29:11 am »
Here's my scenario. I'm a military man who stupidly had protected vag./oral sex with a  CSW while in Spain.(had some chafing on scrotum/sore to touch from working out) Few days later had peeling skin on my scrotum that eventually scabbed over. Also, a couple of HPV? warts popped up on my penis. Five weeks later extremely nautious. During the next couple of weeks I felt like total **** with continued naseau, extreme fatigue, and a complete lack of appetite. Accompaning these symptoms was a stubborn cold sore, a series of ringworm on my upper back and a moist, white lesion that appeared on the underside of the base of my penis, and a rash (series of red dots) on my abdomen. I even experienced some swelling nodes on both sides of my neck. I lost 12lbs. in 2 weeks. It's like I got full body lipo. My ribs are protruding, and all my muscles are very defined now that all my fat is gone. I gathered the strength to get a home access test at 3 months 1 week post exposure which to my surprise was negative. I started to feel relieved until my girl developed severe stomach pain which resulted in a trip to the E.R where she was diagnosed with gastritus. Then a week later, she hands me a flashlight to look down her throat and she had white plaques (thrush?) on both of her tonsils! Then, at 17 weeks (exactly 118 days post exposure) I had my annual health exam, where I again tested negative!! I started to feel relief until about a week later I developed white, velvet like patches on the forward part of both sides of my tongue that is very consistant with the appearance of hairy leukoplakia, as well as a thick coating on my entire tongue. Also I started getting joint/muscle pain in my wrists that radiates through my forearms up to my elbows. I know the Dr. HHH and Dr. Bob say that 13 weeks is conclusive, but could I be one of the unfortunate outliers? It is now 5 1/2 months post-exposure, and everything is normal with the exception of my tongue and my appetite. What generation are military ELISA? Do they test for HIV-2 as well? I know Home Access is HIV 1 only. Should I retest at six months? Please Help!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:53:18 am by sceeredstraight »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Could I still be +?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:45:21 am »
sceer,

You won't get any answers to your questions until you remove the photo of your tongue from your avatar. You should be showing it to your doctor, not us.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:46:32 am »
As you had protected sex, you were not at risk for HIV.

As for the unfortunate outliers, I have not heard of any recent research which has determined a post 13 week seroconversion since the initial studies were conducted in the early to mid 1990s.  Given the increased accuracy and sensitivity of tests, any remaining outliers would have to be extremely rare and newsworthy events indeed.

You do not have HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:56:12 am »
sceer,

Thank you for removing the photo.

As JK says, you did not have a risk for hiv in the first place and you are conclusively hiv negative. You do not need further hiv testing.

You do, however, need to see your doctor about your problems. Whatever is going on, you have ruled hiv out of the equation. There are other illnesses out their - see your doctor to find out which one is yours.

You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sceeredstraight

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 11:07:38 am »
Thanks Anne for the reassurance (sorry bout the pic). I've talked to many counselors, especially the Home Access guy, and no one recommends further testing as well. It's just the whole OHL possibility thing that has got me sitting behind a computer all day once again. Could stress and anxiety cause all these symptoms? Just for my own personal FYI, do you know any info on military ELISA testing. We just give a vial of blood, and assume no news is good news! Thanks!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 11:25:42 am »
Could stress and anxiety cause all these symptoms?

sceere,

Yes. So can other things. See your doctor to find out what, if anything, is going on with you. We cannot diagnose you here, we can only tell you it is NOT hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sceeredstraight

Test ??
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 02:15:44 pm »
Are there different sub-types of HIV that will absolutely not show up on a standard HIV-1 antibody test? The guys at Home Access told me that HIV-2 will show up most of the time, or cause the test to have an odd reaction or be indeterminate, but I've heard about these different stains that require specific testing. Also, if you were infected, would you have an abnormal blood count that would flag a doctor to be suspicious of HIV after the results of a CBC test? Thanks for all you guys do!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Test ??
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 02:37:25 pm »
sceer,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

I've been hiv positive for over ten years, no meds, yet my CBC results would never lead a doctor to think I was hiv positive.

I don't understand why you are still stressing over your NO RISK incident and conclusive hiv negative result. You do NOT have hiv.

If you cannot accept your hiv negative status, perhaps it's time you sought an appointment with a counselor or therapist. We cannot help you with your hiv anxieties here.

You do not have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline yasoza

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 04:14:37 pm »
Hi sceeredstraight

I know what you are going through at the moment, having a nagative results at home, it happened to me the same way, had a test at home and it came up negative, after going through alot of changes,like having genetal warts in and out vagina, had some ringworms around my anus, whitish stuff on my tongue, developing red spots on skin especially my upper arms and very itchy at night which sometimes gets uncomfortable to sleep, once dried up they turn dark, I pulled a plug to go and visit my doctor who refered me to GUM clinic, these are clinics here in UK which are speacializing in testing any sexual infection, they gave me a test within 3weeks i was told to be HIV+,I was upset and angry at first, but now I do appriciate that I know my status to avoid harming other people and to move forward with my new life, my health adviser has really given me alot of support and am also in a group of people living with HIV+, its not too late for you, go to your hospital and get tested, the early the better, rather than worring every time something strange pops out from your body, and also to keep your mind at ease!
stay blessed

yaso

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 04:17:25 pm »
Yaso,

Please don't post in other peoples' threads. Our posting guidelines require that you stay in your own thread. It's all in the Welcome Thread.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.