Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:31:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773291
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 697
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 316
Total: 317

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Meds on Friday..  (Read 4136 times)

Offline mlc83

• New and Dealing...
Started Meds on Friday..
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:53:57 pm »
I've been poz for 10 months and started taking meds last friday. The doctor put me on Combivir twice daily and Sustiva before i go to bed.

It been quite a ride since last friday.. the Sustiva keeps me spaced out until about 2pm the next day even though i take it at 10:30pm the night before.. After i take the Combivir i want to throw up but im doing my best to hold it in.

Anyone experience something similar or has any advice? Or should i just ride it out and hope these effects will pass soon?

Thanks! :)

Offline zach

Re: Started Meds on Friday..
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 02:08:05 pm »
tislijiet!

give any new med a couple weeks for your body to acclimate, most of that will fade. i'd say ride for a little bit

may want to dose a little earlier in the evening so you're not strung out so long the next day. also, don't eat a high fat meal near your dose time, that may well help.

no experience with combivir, but have been on related meds.. i'm sure someone will come along that has taken that particular med and can offer insight

sustiva... caused me powerful vivid dreams, but beat down hiv very well... long term i needed to discontinue it's use and swap to another med. i have a history of mental health issues that became a complication. something to think about if you are bipolar or prone to depression, it can bring that out strongly.

Offline mlc83

• New and Dealing...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 02:29:30 pm »
Haha Lilek ukoll!

Wow u know maltese? O.o

Thank for the Advice Zach. i will ride it out for the next couple of days.. the only huge problem im finding at the moment is that i work dealing with people every day and i look and feel l like im drunk.

I do normally have vivid dreams and i can say that they have been more real than usual.

I will try and stick with it and if i keep having the same issue, i will speak to my doctor abut changing the time.

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 02:59:30 pm »
 ;D

nah, google translate... small goal of mine is to learn to greet people in every language

i searched your post history for clues on where you're at

not to alarm you at all... seriously... just the combo struck me, i didn't think azt was being used much anymore... but i would not listen to me on that, i am far too uneducated to second guess any doctor anywhere in the world

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 05:54:45 pm »
I've been poz for 10 months and started taking meds last friday. The doctor put me on Combivir twice daily and Sustiva before i go to bed.

It been quite a ride since last friday.. the Sustiva keeps me spaced out until about 2pm the next day even though i take it at 10:30pm the night before.. After i take the Combivir i want to throw up but im doing my best to hold it in.

Anyone experience something similar or has any advice? Or should i just ride it out and hope these effects will pass soon?

Thanks! :)

ojo       helo mic...just give it a little more time...sustiva for some people is hard to take, try it on an empty tummy...may I ask you, well, you don't live in the USA, do you?...I ask this for the combo you are taking...best of luck and keep us posted    hugs                  ojo

Offline mlc83

• New and Dealing...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 01:24:08 am »
Hi Tonny, No i live in Malta.. Thats in Europe :)

Offline Reggie

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:44:54 am »
Hi, I hope your side effects are now diminishing somewhat. My advice would be to ride it out for a while and see if the side effects get better conferring with your Doctor.

I was started on Sustiva and it did a great job of kicking ass on the virus and restoring me to good health. My side effects were severe the first days, weeks but did improve somewhat. However I rode it out for 9 months but in the end changed as found myself with sleep issues as well as depression.For me changing worked literally overnight so  you do have options to try if the side effects stay.

The advice from others Zach and Tony great first, move your dosing time earlier and remember to take it on an empty stomache.

Cheers

Reg

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.