Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:57:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: London Coordinator  (Read 12489 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
London Coordinator
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:59:56 am »
There's been discussions in other threads about who will take the role of Coordinator for the London gathering, but the subject really needs its own thread, so I thought I'd step up and start one.

I'm really not the best person for the job, as I probably couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, as the saying goes. However, I am totally willing to help whoever takes the lead in anyway I can. I might not be much use at organising things, but point me in the right direction or ask me to do something specific and away I go.

I think Cliff would be a good Coordinator, partly because he lives in London but also because with his bean-counting skills, he'd probably do a damn good job.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: London Coordinator
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 05:02:12 pm »
as I probably couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, as the saying goes.

Ann,
This just cracked me up.......   never heard it before, but now I can't the vision out of my head.

Something tells me, however, that you are selling yourself short -- anyone who can crack the whip in this place, can probably do just about anything!!

Hugs,
Mike

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 05:04:30 pm »
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  However, I'm wondering if we should take a different path this year.  I think having an official coordinator comes with a bit of baggage.  I'd like to try things differently this year.

I would much rather be involved in a small committee that has shared responsibility for the success of London AMG.  Perhaps as few as 2 or 3 people who could split responsibility along the lines of:

1.  Airfare (if we want to encourage those further afield to participate this will be a bigger issue than in the past)

2.  Accommodation

3.  General planning (booking restaurant/meet and greet activity)

Although I have the desire, I just don't think I'll have the bandwidth to do it all myself.

I suggest myself, Charles (Carousel) and one other person who would be interested in helping planning.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Offline gemini20

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:28:17 pm »
I'd be happy to help out in some way as I'm based in central London so could check out locations etc.

I think a small group to coordinate is a good way forward; I definitely couldn't take it all on board with my other work commitments but could find a few hours each week and more if needed nearer the actual event.

One word of warning though I'm a bit of a control freak and organisation/planning/details are my speciality!

Emma
Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 08:12:59 pm »
Ann,
This just cracked me up.......   never heard it before, but now I can't the vision out of my head.

Something tells me, however, that you are selling yourself short -- anyone who can crack the whip in this place, can probably do just about anything!!

Hugs,

Mike

;D It's an old British saying.

I might be able to crack a whip, (just don't ask me to wear high heels outside the bedroom) but sadly, I'm crap at organising things. Just ask anyone who knows me. I'm a good helper though!

Cliff, I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense. I also think Charles would be a good choice for you to work with. And as I said earlier, I'll help in any way I can.  I might be of some use with the general planning. Emma gets my vote too.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 09:01:35 pm »
 :D@ Ann

Just as well you and I can't work together Ann..otherwise we would all end up on Park Benches in Hyde Park..or sleeping with the pigeons at Trafalgar Square.

Good to see you guys are into it already.

Edited because I got the wrong square.. :D

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:05:57 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 09:54:27 pm »
Well done London 2010 AMG group.  You are streaking ahead.

I would be pleased to create and update an "Arrival / Departure" thread for AMG 2010 London should you like my help.  I've been pretty good at doing it in the past.

Let me know if I can help.

Ric

Offline carousel

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 03:43:36 am »
I would be very happy to be involved, as long as I can be in charge of glitter and bunting.

I probably could organise a piss up in a brewery, so if I can be of help, it would be a pleasure.

I also think the idea of a small team of people would work.  We all have commitments and although I like things just so, I prefer a collaborative approach.

Also, I think we all live centrally, which is helpful.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:34:09 am by carousel »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 04:19:40 am »
:D@ Ann

Just as well you and I can't work together Ann..otherwise we would all end up on Park Benches in Hyde Park..or sleeping with the pigeons at Trafalgar Square.

Good to see you guys are into it already.

Edited because I got the wrong square.. :D

Hugs
Jan :-*

hehehee, you got that right, Jan! And we'd be scrounging food out of the bins.

I would be very happy to be involved, as long as I can be in charge of glitter and bunting.

I probably could organise a piss up in a brewery, so I can be of help, it would be a pleasure.

I also think the idea of a small team of people would work.  We all have commitments and although I like things just so, I prefer a collaborative approach.

Also, I think we all live centrally, which is helpful.

So you wanna be the glitter and bunting officer? Great! ;D

I guess you could say I live centrally too - on a Rock in the middle of the Irish Sea! :D I'm still willing to help in any way I can.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 05:37:42 am »
Excellent.  I will drop everyone a line to set something up!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 08:28:32 am »
I'm planning on attending the London AMG and volunteer to help any way I can.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 11:54:17 am »
Oh lordy. I just got a phone call that illustrates my lack of piss-up/brewery skills. My clinic in Liverpool rang to find out why I didn't attend my appointment this morning. "Um, cuz I'm sure it's next  Tuesday."

Well, it ain't. I've been going over there at least quarterly for over eight years now and never did this before. And it got me thinking - I have a feeling I may have missed a dentist appointment sometime in the past few days too. ::) I swear hiv is eating my brain cells. I couldn't organize my way out of a paper bag lately. :-\

Ah, but there's an upside, so maybe there's a method to my madness after all. I discovered my consultant wasn't in today, and I really want to see him as it's been around a year since I have and I'm sick to death of repeating my history to a new registrar every time. (and being talked down to by them like I just fell off the banana boat) My re-scheduled appointment is the day before my birthday (and if I forget that  one, just take me out back and shoot me, please!) and the nurse doubled checked and - result! - The Wizard of Poz will be there.

Ann
(who still wants to help if she has any brain cells left)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 03:24:24 pm »
Good to hear there is going to be a European AMG this year.  I'm willing to help with the organisation where I can.  I do have the same brewery skills as Ann though so be warned!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline Dennis

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 02:12:38 pm »
The username "AMG Coordinator" as well as password has been passed on to Cliff.

Dennis

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 02:17:13 pm »
The username "AMG Coordinator" as well as password has been passed on to Cliff.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Cliff

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 08:03:24 am »
Thanks, D.

I have circulated the password to the other coordinating committee members.

c

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 09:12:53 am »
Who are the other coordinating committee members?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 09:23:30 am »
Gemini20 and Carousel.  However, we will likely ask other members to help out.  We are meeting next week to start the planning process and should be able to provide more information then. 

c

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »
I wish I could join you as a Forsyth, I know that is debatable (about us being a real Clan).  Oh Well. I'd just like to be there as a man living with HIV but I probably can't. Enjoy and Love one another!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:09:37 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 09:07:52 pm »
Why are you bumping up a 2 year old thread for an AMG in London that happened six months ago?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »
Just wishful thinking and STUPID. But I'd like to have an experience of my Scot's roots.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:14:04 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 09:58:29 pm »
Why are you bumping up a 2 year old thread for an AMG in London that happened six months ago?

It's not a two year old thread. It's not quite one year old. :P

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.