Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:18:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 446
Total: 447

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My brother Eric  (Read 17383 times)

Offline J. Bemisderfer/Hartman

My brother Eric
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:59:45 am »
Eric was a great brother to me, we shared the love of music and art.  I didn't know much about his life in New York City, he left us when he was so young.  My dad took him to the Pratt Institute of Art .  He started a new life.  Because of finances we couldn't see each other very often.  My mind is so overwhelmed thinking about Eric and how his life was cut short, he was quiet, he did not share alot of what he was going through.  my mom and I went to N.Y when we found out he was sick, he was in the hospital.  I'll never forget his tears, I'll never forget the hospital setting. I sat on his hospital bed and rubbed his leg and tried to make him feel better, but he was so broken, so sad, so empty.  He had so much ahead of him, and he was so loving and kind, I miss him so much.  It was a shock to mw when I got the call from my mom how he died, I can't to this day understand how someone could stab themselves in the chest multiple times and then wrap themselves in a sheet in there own bed.  How can that be a suicide? How? Never the less , the family had to bring him home to Buffalo, for a funeral.  I had alot of questions, no answers.  Utter sorrow fell upon my family and froze them in their tracks.  We were speachless, and lost about Eric and ourselves.  After Eric died I saw a piece of my soul missing, I went to find it.  I was led to my Lord and Savoir, Jesus Christ.  My life changed, because of my brother Eric's passing.  I heard from someone that Eric asked to read a Bible a couple weeks before he took his life.  Still, I just need to connect with anyone who knew him, to find out what really happened. If you are there and reading this and knew Eric Bemisderfer...Please contact me. Thanks, Jennifer

Offline msprissy69

Re: My brother Eric
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:29:52 pm »
You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. May the Lord continue to strengthen you during this difficult time.  God Bless.

Offline Steinway

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:59:13 pm »
Your poor brother,  He must have been so broken in heart.   I can't imagine how broken you must feel now.  If he were my brother I know I would want answers too, this was not suicide and anyone that tries to convince you of it must think you are crazy.  I wish I could offer some advice and I wish that I knew him to help give you a clue to what really happened.  It will be hard to put this behind you.  If Eric loved art, he loved life, he loved this world.  I know that he is in a wonderful place now, but that doesn't help knowing that he is gone from this world.  I send you my deepest sympathy and encourage you to tell Erics story, show his artwork, and live your life in a way that would make Eric happy.   
It is with passion, courage of conviction, and strong sense of self that we take our next steps into the world. Remembering that first impressions are not always correct. You must always have faith in people, and most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.
~E. Woods

Offline studioc

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:42:01 pm »
I knew your brother and I hope you get this message. I have photos and even a little bit of video. And I knew lots of his art world friends who may be able to recount stories for you.

I have also been active with a group called Visual Aids that works w art. The sales of which go to AIDS research.

Your brother was sweet and kind and very creative. A gentleman.

Please get back to me and I would be more than happy to share with you any documentation I have of Eric.

Peace

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.