Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:17:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 242
Total: 243

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is there away to get my Tees white again? I kow, way off topic.  (Read 25634 times)

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
Re: Is there away to get my Tees white again? I kow, way off topic.
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 08:30:49 pm »
Interesting thing about blood. Did you know that you can get your OWN blood out of clothes using your saliva? The two are linked, via your DNA. You can not suck anyone ELSE'S blood out of a shirt, or a sofa, or anything. But you CAN, with enough determination, suck out your own with your saliva.

I found that out when I had a massive nosebleed on my futon a year ago. And though it was a little stomach-churning, I will be damned if it didn't work.

lol... OMG!!!  That is detemination I must say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 08:54:24 pm »
The Indigenous peoples of both our fine lands may have something to say about that. The Brits bought nothing but mysery.  ;)
And, rumour has it they don't like soap much, so don't ask them for any tips about getting stains out.
Thankfully, black is back in a big way in newtown so white is a no no in my cupboard these days.
Minus the attack, there is history no matter where you go.  My college professor once made the comment that there was no history in North America, aka United States, until after the Europeans arrived.  I had to pointedly remind him of the Aztecs, The American Indians, Eskimos, and other Natives of the lands and he had to rethink his statement.  I guess it is easy to forget the people whose history has been erased, rewritten and belittled.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 08:56:05 pm »
Anyone knows good thrift shops in NYC?

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2010, 11:31:56 am »
Minus the attack, there is history no matter where you go.  My college professor once made the comment that there was no history in North America, aka United States, until after the Europeans arrived.  I had to pointedly remind him of the Aztecs, The American Indians, Eskimos, and other Natives of the lands and he had to rethink his statement.  I guess it is easy to forget the people whose history has been erased, rewritten and belittled.

red_Dragon888 thanks for your comment, well said  ;)

Fearless.....you drive on the same side of the road as the UK does, also your country stole the land from the natives, and caused as much pain & misery as other countries have done, so what makes you any different than anyone else.... and to say that the UK doesn't use any SOAP is just plain SILLY :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:59:27 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 06:17:55 am »
red_Dragon888 thanks for your comment, well said  ;)

Fearless.....you drive on the same side of the road as the UK does, also your country stole the land from the natives, and caused as much pain & misery as other countries have done, so what makes you any different than anyone else.... and to say that the UK doesn't use any SOAP is just plain SILLY :D
Well, in truth, soap and bathing is a recent last 100 years event.  It not like everyone in the world took a bath once a day, much less once a week, but I guess it was meant as a joke.  I heard said that there would be special ceremonies for the king for him to disrobe and take a bath once a year back when baths were unheard of.  If the king needed a bath imagine his subjects.  And as to stolen lands and pain & misery to the natives, to the victor the spoils, the loser the toils.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2010, 04:05:23 am »
well i pre soak and wash the 2 tees.  not much happened.  time to get new under shirts.

Granny60

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2010, 11:11:28 am »
Dye them red!

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2010, 07:12:07 am »
Dye them red!
honey, they're under-shirts. just two, which is strange since the others are unstained.  i'll just wear them till they turn to dust.

Granny60

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2010, 12:06:56 pm »
There is a rule that undershirts must be white?  Hubby doesn't own a white one.  Black, Red, Green. Blue, Yellow, yes..... White No. And the colorful underpants we see hanging out of guys britches now days when they have their shirts off......  ::)I must know these rules. Conformity and Uniformity  is mandatory. We must be assimilated.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2010, 05:48:40 pm »
There is a rule that undershirts must be white?  Hubby doesn't own a white one.  Black, Red, Green. Blue, Yellow, yes..... White No. And the colorful underpants we see hanging out of guys britches now days when they have their shirts off......  ::)I must know these rules. Conformity and Uniformity  is mandatory. We must be assimilated.
sorry sister, me makes me own rules.

Offline littleprince

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2010, 08:31:55 pm »
Denture cleaning tablet. Put a whole heap in and soak over night.

Granny60

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:35 pm »
Denture cleaning tablet. Put a whole heap in and soak over night.

Does this work?

Offline littleprince

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »
Haven't actually tried it but saw a show once where they cleaned lace curtains this way. Worked well.

Granny60

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2010, 11:01:09 pm »
Haven't actually tried it but saw a show once where they cleaned lace curtains this way. Worked well.

I've got some of my grandmother's  embroidered napkins that I think I'll try this on. I've been afraid to bleach them. They have darkened places on them from being folded in a drawer for 50 years and I would love to use them.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2010, 08:40:15 am »
Granny, certainly don't bleach the old linens!  Try different soaps, soaking, and the sun.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Granny60

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2010, 11:28:09 am »
Granny, certainly don't bleach the old linens!  Try different soaps, soaking, and the sun.

Yez,  that is why I never have. I am afraid that bleach would make them fall apart. Each one is embroidered with a different design  for each family member and they would be irreplaceable.  I have two friends that always dress in the most blinding white athletic tee shirts and it is not just their dark skin that makes them look so white. I just don't get it how their tees have always looked brand spankin new. >:( I really mean NEW.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:29:51 am by Granny60 »

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 02:59:50 pm »
Is it odd for me to hand wash my underwear?  I mean it not that hard and it saves me a trip tp the laundry mat.

Granny60

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:17 pm »
Is it odd for me to hand wash my underwear?  I mean it not that hard and it saves me a trip tp the laundry mat.

No it is not odd to hand wash your underware!  :) It is only odd when you don't wash them at all and just turn them inside out every other day :D

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2010, 06:21:35 am »
No it is not odd to hand wash your underware!  :) It is only odd when you don't wash them at all and just turn them inside out every other day :D
Dad does that...  ;)

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2010, 06:23:32 am »
underware???  underwho?!!  Is that some kind of industrial strength type deal?

Granny60

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2010, 11:33:02 am »
underware???  underwho?!!  Is that some kind of industrial strength type deal?

Good catch. Your caught me in a typo. ::)  Maybe some type of mechanical heavy duty devise? ;D :o

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:35 am »
Good morrow to all and I hope you will have a great day.  Well, I finally broke down and brought bleach to whiten my whites and the results were fantastic.  I did not realize that my white tees were yellowing until after the bleaching process.  I had a tee shirt that I have forgotten to put in the wash, I just poured some bleach in a bucket with water and let it soak for a few minutes, and the spots on it just went away.  Wow...  Even my white tube socks got brighter.  I guess I gotten out of the habit of using bleach for I thought I was being environmentally safe but the bleach worked.

Now how do I get the white spots off my black jeans?  They are old so it not a big thing from me.

Offline mecch

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2010, 11:50:08 am »
Now how do I get the white spots off my black jeans?  They are old so it not a big thing from me.
If they are bleach spots, you can't fix em.  :-[
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 01:19:13 pm »
If they are bleach spots, you can't fix em.  :-[
I was afraid of that, but luckily they are old and not new jeans.  It seems everytime I handle bleach I get the urge to wear black jeans.  Go figure...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:23:21 am by red_Dragon888 »

Offline mecch

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2010, 04:26:29 pm »
Do it naked in your bathroom.  After you soak your stuff, you can use the bleach water to wash your tub and tile.  More bang for the bother of using bleach.  Wear gloves and open the window.

Granny60

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2010, 07:40:33 pm »
Get some RIT  dye and re dye the black jeans. Hubby was alway too tight to buy new jeans ,  but would spend a buck and a quarter once in a while and dye his to get the color back.  Just be sure and run your washer an empty cycle after you dye anything or the residual color will taint  your next load.  do not intend to discuss tainted loads. ::)

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 10:28:43 am »
Do it naked in your bathroom.  After you soak your stuff, you can use the bleach water to wash your tub and tile.  More bang for the bother of using bleach.  Wear gloves and open the window.
[/quote]Any reason to be naked is a good reason.  What I did with the bleach in the bucket was to leave it there in the bathroom and let it sanitize the area, so when I got home there was neither bleach smell nor any other odor.  The bathroom window is always left open because I love fresh air in the apartment.  I also took the left over bleach and poured it into the toilet and scrubbed it clean, which is an added bonus.  But thanks for the advice.  Next time I will get bear ass naked and do my thing.

Granny60

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »
Any reason to be naked is a good reason.  What I did with the bleach in the bucket was to leave it there in the bathroom and let it sanitize the area, so when I got home there was neither bleach smell nor any other odor.  The bathroom window is always left open because I love fresh air in the apartment.  I also took the left over bleach and poured it into the toilet and scrubbed it clean, which is an added bonus.  But thanks for the advice.  Next time I will get bear ass naked and do my thing.

Yes,  I know someone who cleans the bath al a nude. Doesn't hurt a thing.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2010, 08:28:42 am »
Get some RIT  dye and re dye the black jeans. Hubby was alway too tight to buy new jeans ,  but would spend a buck and a quarter once in a while and dye his to get the color back.  Just be sure and run your washer an empty cycle after you dye anything or the residual color will taint  your next load.  do not intend to discuss tainted loads. ::)
Thanks for that.  I just have to fine a place that sells it.  "tainted loads"....  ;D

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2010, 10:23:25 am »
should I be worried.  I came home and found the mouse dead in the kitchen.  I did not poison it or anything, but I just wondered how it died and why in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.