Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:37:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 216
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ITS THE little THINGS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
ITS THE little THINGS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:37:22 pm »
I received Employee of the Month at the other Hotel I work for today!! Yippee. Last month, it was the other hotel. What amazes me frankly and please I am not tooting horns or anything of that nature. These kind of recognitions for me are really not necessary. But you know, it makes you think that you can and will continue to give back to your community or your fellow peers in a positive manor even in the face of adversity. These past 10 months have not been easy at all! I have tried to "make a difference" in peoples lives. This particular recognition was doing my EMT work. Cardiac problems and I just felt I was going to have to "shock" him. It all turned out so well, I and the patient bonded and I felt so infinitely good about helping him. Gosh, that's better than any recognition I could ever receive. Doing things for others is so much more rewarding then receiving. I pledge to continue to be there for others for as long as God will allow me... :)

Offline Basquo

Re: ITS THE little THINGS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:05 pm »
Frame, frame, and FRAME that thing, Baby!  I did mine.  My work's EOM is really EOQ since we can only feed everyone each quarter, if budget allows.  Since most everyone sees me as their Asshole, Snooping and Minion-Informant-to-the-Boss        co-worker, I consider it a high honour.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:29 pm »
Congratulations!

Virginia Woolf said "life is about service," and the longer one lives the more the truth of that becomes apparent.

It really is a curse to have a life without service to others.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 09:19:29 pm »
It really is a curse to have a life without service to others.

In that case Andy, I'll have a latte and one of those poppy seed muffins. ;D

MtD
(Who is a noted comic genius)

Offline ademas

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:29:01 pm »
hey...servitude got me into this mess...

Congratulations, Eric!
That's very cool.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:52:23 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS Eric on the job recognition. And congrats on helping that man! I know that man and his family are grateful that you were there to help!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:20:04 pm »
 ;D

Congratulations Eric!   I hope you plan to celebrate.....

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 12:21:28 am »
From Virginia Woolf to Henry James:

"What it comes to is that it's not, that it's never, a happiness, any happiness at all, to take. The only safe thing is to give. It's what plays you least false.”

(from The Ambassadors)

Congratulations Eric!
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 04:20:41 am »
Good job Eric. 

And it IS nice to get recognition for the things you do.

John

Offline Nadine

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 07:18:57 am »
Congratulations Eric...and please, go ahead and toot your own horn, you deserve it!

Offline Biggums

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 08:45:24 am »
Congrats Eric, its nice to see that others recognize your hard work.
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 10:42:11 am »
Thanks everyone! 

I think when I was diagnosed back in September that a bunch of things would be changin in my life.  Things that I liked to do.  Things that made me happy.  So far, many of these fears have diminished.   Allot had to do around "what I do" and what I would "like to do".  Being recognized as still a contributing member at work has helped overcome that hurdle.   When I went to work yesterday at brand X I was greeted by hugs and well wishes.  I really felt loved.  Its nice to get that in the outside world occasionally to!!

Me and Will are going to celebrate with our little check the hotel gave me and just spend it on a nice evening (dinner and a moooovie (SuperMan!!!!)).   Just the two of us......

Love and Happy Pre-4rth of July to All of you MY FRIENDS!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:44:19 am by Eric »

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 12:20:32 am »
Way to go Eric! It is so easy to fall apart after the HIV diagnoses. I'm glad you have taken the choice to succeed. You should be very happy and very proud.
Positive since 1985

Offline AC_72

• Life is what you make it!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 02:48:36 am »
CONGRATS, Eric!!!!  I'm a firm believer that helping others helps yourself.

It is always great to hear that good things are happening to good people!

Cheers!   :)
Infected:  Feb 2006
Diagnosed:  May 2006
05/02/06:  332,  >500,000 VL
06/22/06:  338,  >500,000 VL
--------><-------
12/01/07:  w/meds <75 VL

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 06:23:09 am »
OK Eric, the next photograph has to show a lot more skin.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.