Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 343
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XXIII - May the luck of the Irish enfold you.  (Read 53730 times)

Offline netta

Re: Dating Thread Part XXIII - May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 01:26:10 pm »
  • Hello to all. Betty sorry for your loss. I also lost a girlfriend last week to aids and addiction. I went to her funeral last Sunday. It never gets easy.  I was very sad, I am much better now.I am finally home in Georgia! from Vaginia Beach! my flight had a six hour delay! last Tuesday, so I got stuck at the airport! I was whipped when I got home. I miss my two best girlfriends, they were my support. Also my two men friends live in virginia too. But I am happy t see my grand kids and my daughter.I don't know where I will live. I want to go to virginia, but the kids..... so I am taking my time making up my mind, I miss doing things with my girl pals . All I have been doing is sleeping and eating. since I've been home. At first I thought it was  jet lag but it has been going on for more than a week now, I am going to the doctor on the 25th, so I will report my constant fatigue. I have often complained about this before, but it seems to get worse. I am a  long term survivor, over 20 years ! and I turn 50, Saturday!! maybe my good days are gone! lol  . I also want to be tested for diabeties, since my twin and my brother both have it. I think I need the fasting test, I have not had anything but a simple blood test in a  long time. which, I believe doesn't tell much. Ladies with diabeties , please help me  with information anytime. Besides all this I am ok , I am keeping in touch with my friends in Va. by phone. Things could be worse. my meds always make me tired, but i have no energy to do the things I like, crochet , arts and crafts, not even cook! Well I hope u all are well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:41:06 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 02:10:17 pm »
Hi Netta,

welcome home! sorry i know nothing about diabetes. however without dismissing your current complaints i must say that as someone diagnosed 2 years ago it gives me hope to see you (even with the fatigue you mentioned).

hope it goes well with the doctors and all the tests come back clear, and that you bounce back quickly

Happy Birthday in case i am not around Sat... better early than late
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline netta

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 02:21:24 pm »
thanks !

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 03:59:42 pm »

Winn - waiting for the picture of the sweetie....at least u're out of the shark-infested dating pool. more trouble than its worth i sometimes think...

No doubt, he aint perfect but he sure is closer to perfect than anyone else has been  ;D

For a short time I'll post a old photo. This one is from the late 90's
You cant tell in the photo but his hair is blonde and his eyes are green/blue.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:02:50 pm by Winiroo »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 06:17:36 pm »
Evening ladies, not much activity going on today.

Netta, happy birthday.  I have been diabetic for about 10 or 11 years.  Before I got my sugar under control, I slept all the time.  I don't know what you would like to know, but if you think you might be diabetic, then I encourage you to get that fasting glucose test.  Just ask your doctor.  It's nothing to mess around with.

Wendy, wow, he's really cute.  You're fortunate.

Ann, thanks for your support.  I'm in and out of anger/extreme sadness.  I just haven't been able to have a good cry; but I suppose when it's meant to happen, it'll happen.  Yeah, I know we're all responsible for our own choices.  I can't come up with one excuse for Jason.  There is no excuse.  So frustrating.

Nothing much going on.  I got the Mucinex D.  I'll never do that again.  It was $14!  Next time, the doc can prescribe me something. It seems to be drying up a little.  When I went to the doctor's yesterday, I thought I had a bladder infection, though I couldn't figure out why, as I've only been drinking water for the last week.  So they had me pee in a cup.  The doctor came in and told me I didn't have a bladder infection.  There were enormous amounts of sugar in the urine.  He said that's what was causing it to feel like I had the bladder infection-you know, constant pressure, especially after peeing.  My sugar has been normal all day today since he upped my Insulin and Glucophage, but it still is painful when I urinate.  I suppose it takes a little while for that to clear.  I'll just keep downing water.  Maybe it'll clear the sugar out faster. 

Other than that, nothing to report.  I had my lab done to see where things are at w/ the Kaletra.  And I went by my ASO to use their food pantry.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.  I'm going to check out a few threads and go lay down for awhile.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 06:35:05 pm »
You might want to try taking cranberry capsules. They help get rid of debris in your bladder, kidneys and urinary tract. Works wonders for infections I bet it would help with passing all that sugar too.
You can find them in health food stores or in some vitamin aisles.

Oh and thank you. LOL

He has aged a bit and after 18 + years of being positive he has some facial wasting so he looks a little different now.
But he is still handsome to me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:36:45 pm by Winiroo »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 06:41:14 pm »
Yes, I remember drinking cranberry juice when I was a kid whenever I got bladder troubles.  I'll have to look for those cranberry caps tomorrow when I go pick up a script at the drugstore.  Thanks Wendy! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:10 pm »
Just checking in briefly. Not much has changed, I slept all day yesterday from 5pm to 8am today. I have not taken my meds in 2 days. Day one because I didn't have the co-pay to get them so I called my ASO yesterday and she called the pharmacy and they waived the co-pay for me. I'm talking hiv meds but I got them today and will take them tonight. The other meds I just stopped taking, I'm deciding if I will take them. I am just getting tired of all these pills and for now I seem to be able to control my diabetes by what I eat. I will start the Celexa back tomorrow because I know I will need it to counter the Atripla. The only pills that seem important is the hiv meds and the Celexa. I will probably keep the diabetic meds filled but take them only when my sugar is high.

Yesterday before I went into my sleeping coma, I tried once again to get a hold of the CM Supervisor at my ASO, to be once again blown off. I have a friend who is a Peer Group case manager or something and I told him of my problems, he said that there was a meeting taking place a few hours out of town to voice grievances so I said I would attend to make mine known. He is also gay and him and my gay bff all use to hang together. He asked me if my bff was getting high and I told him he was. I guess he chewed my bff out pretty good but said the only way he will help him is if he leaves his bf which honestly I feel is the best thing for him but he wants to know if I can take his dog, Socrates for 3 months. I'm not sure if I can, 3 months is a long time and I already have 5 cats, this place is gonna be a home for animals before long. I ended up with Queen Nefertiti because he followed my son home one day. And I don't know how the cats will take to Socrates even though he is a small dog. Dogs are high maintenance to me, more than 5 cats.

That wraps it up for me...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 10:00:02 pm »
Queen, having a dog on top of 5 cats sounds like a little much.  And good for you for going to that meeting to voice what's going on with you.  If we don't let people know, nothing will change.  At least that's how I see it.

I've been having a hard time with my emotions today.  I am so full of anger (about Jason).  Every time something falls, like say the Kleenex falls off the end table, I end up cussing a blue streak (very loudly) and wanting to smash something.  And I probably would (smash something) if I didn't have to clean it up.  Anyway, just doing a quick check-in.  I hope everyone's doing alright.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:56 pm »
Hi Everyone!
I am exhausted tonight but I just want to say Hi to everyone.  I went to the therapist today and something triggered me crying? I am not quite sure what but it has left me confused and I was already tired so the crying didn't help  :-\ I hope everyone is taking care of themselves.
Take care,
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

tendai

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 02:44:25 am »
(((((((((((((((((Queen Betty and Snow, i'm sending you guys a big hug)))))))))))))))

Wendy your man is a cutie for sure...

Netta- happy birthday in advance coz i'm not around on Saturdays. 
This saturday i've been invited to a baby shower for a lady at work who just had a baby boy.  We just work in the same building but everyone's invited. I think i'll go if i have enough money to buy a present and all. Or i can just pay the $20million fine for not having a present which may actually be cheaper coz u have to wrap your present in a napkin or pampers.

nothing much to report, just relishing my newfound freedom with him being out of the country. and looking forward to the elections in a couple of weeks. i'd first decided not to vote but now i am going to and hope it makes a difference

have a great day all

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 07:48:21 am »
Morning ladies,

More drama.  My oldest sister sent my brother & I an e-mail about my dad apparently having a stroke sometime between Sunday-Tuesday.  I guess it wasn't totally debilitating since he's not in the hospital (he refused to go).  She called him last night and he was on the floor and couldn't get up, so she went over there.  Now, my dad has been terminally ill for a couple years, far outliving the doctor's expectations.  (He's got COPD, terribly).  Anyway, I guess the message is 'if you have anything to tell dad, now is the time.' 

This is going to sound terrible, but I'm not going to go over there every other night with my dad like I was with my mum.  They're two totally separate people, two totally separate entities.  I'm just going to try to muster up all the forgiveness I can for him and once I get a couple things under control that are going on with me healthwise, then I'll make the trek up there (it's only one city to the North). 

Tomorrow at 11:00 is Jason's memorial service.  Apparently he had been dead since the night before the morning he was found.  No one will ever know if the o.d. was accidental or on purpose.  I guess I just have to let go trying to figure everything out about that.  I have no control over other people, and to think that I do is just an ego-trip.  Yeah, I'm still angry.

Other than that, my therapist comes over today.  I usually clean my apartment today, but I just don't feel like it.  I'll just clean the things that really need to be (toilet, etc).  It's not going to go to shit not being cleaned for one week.  I already vaccuumed yesterday.  Shit happens.

I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'm sure I'll check in a little later-

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 08:10:46 am »
Hello ladies.     Queen, I hope you get to feeling better. It's hard to function when you are depressed.     I would also be hesitant about taking a dog with 5 inside cats. They might corner him and beat his ass ;D.  Really, seems like you have enough to deal with.                                   Betty,  maybe you could beat the hell out of a pillow or  something, to ease it off a little.       Sorry about your dad. I hope your siblings help more                                                                                    Sorry if I seem a little violent, I am stressing. My 18 year old got sentenced to 3 years for his probation violation yesterday. And more time will be added when they try his other cases.  :'( :'( :'( :'(.         And Robert keeps peeing on the floor >:(                                                      Happy birthday to Netta                     Tendai, glad that man is out of the country. Kick his ass to the curb. You deserve better.    Hope you have fun at the babyshower..                                  Got to get ready for another double shift today. Kinda  grumpy and not looking forward to it. My patience level is very low and if they give me too much shit, I am done.      Sorry this turned into me bitching but I gotta let it out.   Love ya'll.   I'll check back in tonight.    Cristy                                   

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:49 am »
Cristy, let it out baby, let it out.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 08:46:11 am »
No one will ever know if the o.d. was accidental or on purpose. 

Betty, I'd put money on it being accidental. After all, he'd been clean for years and I'm sure I don't have to tell you that it can be easy enough to OD if you get a hold of something that is a little purer than normal, even when you're using regularly. My ex-husband turned blue more times than I care to remember, for just that reason.

I remember a time when I was very frustrated and angry and needed to smash things - I took most of my plates, bowls, cups etc and smashed the hell out of them. It was all charity shop stuff anyway and I replaced the lot for a couple dollars. The release it gave me was priceless. Just a thought....

Hang in there hun....

xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:09 am »
(((Cristy))) Im so sorry. And you have to get on with work as normal. Thinking of you.

Betty, it doesnt matter what it "sounds" like. You gotta do what you gotta do (or not do).

Ive had a very late start to the day. Wishing everyone the best for today,

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2008, 06:31:55 pm »
Evening ladies, there sure hasn't been much activity today.  Ah well. 

My dad's doctor sent Hospice over to his house today to do an assessment. (my oldest sister was there).  They're going to start taking over his care tomorrow.  They give him two weeks, but of course people can outlive other's expectations.  Anyway, my sister who lives in Phoenix is trying to get things arranged so she can fly home as soon as possible.  I'm not very upset about this.  I never have felt close to my father-at all.  The only thing is that I am kind of feeling like an orphan, with my mum dying last August.  It's like I'll never be able to go home again. 

Other than that, my doctor told me to give my bladder a week to calm down.  I just drink tons of water, suck it up and go on.  I also pulled a muscle in my back.  So I've been using the heating pad frequently today.

Ann, you're probably right about Jason's o.d. being accidental.  Lord knows, I watched addicts more than a few times go through o.d.'ing in the dope house when someone got ahold of some pure stuff.  Myself included.  I remember doing it one time and I got taken to the hospital.  The doctor at the hospital gave me a shot of Nubain (antagonist).  I thought I was going to die right there. 

Alright ladies, have a good one-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2008, 07:55:24 pm »
Hey Ladies----

Sorry, I haven't checked in before now but things have been going on. Remember my gay bff that has the serious crack problem? It seems that he will now be moving in with me and it was his dog I was going to take in. It's a long story but will give you the short version. The details of my gay bff I had mentioned in my blog if you kind of want details. But me and my bff use to get high together back in the day and we have been room mates twice already so I know what I am in for.

I was worried about him a few months ago and by accident I had talked to a mutual friend about my gay bff. Because he knows my bff as well as I do, we all use to live in the same building back in the day, he had asked me if I knew if he was getting high. I was honest and told him the truth not knowing that my bff and his bf was staying with mutual friend. So, unknowingly I think I blew their shit out of the water. But our mutual friend knows how the bf is and we have since discussed it. My bff was going to stay with him but after talking to my roomie, we decided to bring the bff in with us. And he told our mutual friend he would feel safer with us.

Anyhoo, mutual friend is the person I am going out of town with and get this, kind of representing my town in regard to said meeting tomorrow which about airing grievances and other things. Mutual friend and roomie thinks this is something that may be good for me. Mutual friend said he has been to this kind of thing before and there is no one from my town ever there. He is also works at my ASO as a Peer Counselor..I think he is trying to give me a gentle nudge about coming out with my status and he is tinkled pink(his words) that I am going tomorrow. I must admit that I am a bit curious about this meeting as well. And to thinks someone recently told me that I will be beginning a new path in my life and will become a leader among women. I a wondering if this meeting is the beginning of it all. Eh, I guess we will all have to stay tuned.

So with this bit of stuff going on, I haven't had much time to dwell on my whining. And it feels nice being able to help my bff. I guess you can say things are looking up? I have started my hiv meds back last night but still have stopped diabetic meds for the time being. I will wait to see what my next A1C looks like w/o meds, if it is bad, I will go back to them, if not, I will stay off for as long as I can. Taking all these pills(11) was starting to become a real drag. Not saying that diabetes isn't serious but since I am only on pills and not insulin, a diet change should control it. I will still monitor it. To me, my hiv meds are more important to take and adhere to.

Betty-- Sorry to hear about your Dad and that it took something like this for him to get the help he so badly needed. But I also understand how you feel too. Go flirt with Sharkie, it will make you feel better. ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2008, 09:01:39 pm »
Queen, I'm so proud of you.  I think yours will be a voice of true understanding and reason.  Be sure to let us know how it goes when you get back.  And good luck with your gay bff.  That's really nice of you.  You're just doing so many positive things!  You go girl!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2008, 10:31:27 pm »
Oh my goodness, so many of you to reply to!  Thanks for the compliments on my old pic.  I've replaced it with my "original" since I saw it *flashing* on the home page when I signed in tonight.  ;)  Anyone else see me flashing on the home page?  LOL  Nice new format here, too, on Poz.

Betty, my metal friend.  I am so sorry about all of the shit you are going through.  Being sick, your Dad needing care and most of all, your friend Jason's passing.  I can't imagine how angry you must feel.  Crank some metal and sing like Danzig, just get it out of your system.  I wish I was there to help you out, GF.  Hang in there at the services tomorrow.

Queen, best of luck with the new roomie coming and with the meeting you are going to!  Have to admit I'm a little concerned about you going off diabetic meds.  I am going off my pump in two weeks.  We're in the same boat, GF.  I'll be going back to shots, and you just might have to swith to DIET Pepsi.  (Sharkie is coming to the town I work in.....LOL)

Paulette, its nice to see you post, also nice to read that you are somewhat at peace with things.  Just know that it will take time.  Stay with us, we always love to hear from you and know how you're doing.

Drag, I love it when you tell us what you think, sometimes we all need a little direction.  Still waiting on a "closer-up" pic of your pretty self!  Also, I am with you on NOT going on your work trip.  I have told myself "no" on plenty of occasions and have been torn about it, but I always know its better to be sure than exhausted.  All of that socializing would run you down.  Good choice.

Netta, Happy Birthday, its March 15th right?  My aunt's bday is today, I think she's celebrating the same age as you!  ;)  Hope its a happy day for you!

Cristy, are you wearing yourself out, GF?  I don't know how you work on your feet so much.  Keep your feelers out for something else, you never know when you might have a chance to jump at something new.

Tendai, so many posts here, but did you kick your guy to the curb already, or are you debating?  Is this the one that would only meet you in town or want to come to your place?  Tell him goodbye, you are a strong woman and need a strong man for yourself, sweetie.

I have had a rough week with massage appointments and now the chiropractor, too.  I am trying to hold it all together.  Work has been nuts cause I seem to be doing everyone else's work, as we all "pitch in" when others are out.  Its been rough all over.  I have so many deadlines I have set for myself.  I don't know what to do.  This work just has to get out the door.

Oh, meant to tell you, BT, that you were right about the COBRA.  I love it when you get an "inkling" about things, it makes me hopeful.  MADAP is paying the $450 for four days of coverage in March, even though I already have new insurance.  MADAP is a lifesaver!  I was SO stressed about that stuff earlier this week.  Iceman came over Tuesday night and helped me to feel better  :P.  We goof around like a couple of kids and make each other laugh all of the time.  He is truly a gift and I am so thankful that he and I met.

I love all of you but my head is getting ready to do the typing, so I must go.  Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!

Kisses to all of you!!!!!!!  Win, Snow, Wishful, Keeping, Ann, Sun....all of you that I didn't address directly.....We ALL make this thread what it is.  Let's not ever forget that.  And where the heck is Camms?   ???

~ Cindy

Edited to add:  I am reply #69, and that's the year I was born, also missing my man already!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:34:47 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2008, 10:45:53 pm »
Queen- Good Luck at the meeting tomorrow.  I'm with Betty and proud of you too. 

Betty-  Sorry to hear about everything that is going on with you right now, with your Dad and family and the loss of your friend.  I hope you are feeling better soon.  Where you able to get the movie you were looking for the other day? 

Keeping- How's the new puppy doing?

Drag- Did your BF get the job or is too early to know :)?

Sun- How's it going with Whitey?

Moon- I saw a post in another thread, another beautiful pic, girlfriend....you photograph so nicely.....you kind of look like you are driving....Hhhmmmn, I wonder what you would say if you saw that  ;D

Mum...Mum...Where are you?  I hope you and yours are all doing well!

cjc- My youngest keeps peeing in his bed.  Nothing like cleaning up urine on a daily basis.  Sorry to hear about your olders sons bid.

Hello to everyone else...

I have been going to the support groups but not saying much.  I have been feeling like crap lately, I just want to sleep.  I finally get my inspection sticker and I got a 3 ft crack in my windshield......another pain in my ass.  Friday, Friday, Friday! TGI...Friday.

Snow

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2008, 10:52:26 pm »
Hello ladies. Just a quick check in before bed.                     Betty, I am so sorry about your father.  Even though you are not real close, the loss will hurt.   One of the things I truly love about you is the fact that no matter how much shit you are going through, you always reach out and support others.  You are an inspiration to me.                          Queen, glad you are feeling better. It does feel good to help others. If you ever run out of your Atripla again, I want you to pm me your info ( or better yet, I will pm you my phone #)  and I will over night you a couple doses. I have 2 extra                                                ML, glad the insurance thing worked out.                                                 Thanks, Snow. The thing with Robert is recent and I'll probably put a trash can by his bed, in case he can't make it sownstairs. Also I will limit his drink after 6 pm.                                                         Thank you Dragonette. Life must go on but I am still heart broken.               Ladies, have a good night.  Cristy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:06:18 pm by cjc »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:16 am »
Ok, now that I can catch my breath... ;D Gay bff will technically be moving his few possessions in tomorrow but his dog is here now. Poor thing has been traumatized by my friend's drug usage too. You can see the neglect and just how happy he gets around me. He has turned into my shadow around the house but was glad to get a glimpse of his Daddy tonight but howled for a few after he left which just about broke my heart. The cats kind of have this WTF look about them but it's almost like they pity the little guy. But I have made sure to pay attention t o my kitties as well.

Our mutual friend took me to the grocery store so I got the shopping done and already has a pork roast marinating in Arbor Mist along with garlic, hot peppers, onions, green onions and various seasonings. I figured I would put some potatoes in with the roast and fry up some asparagus in extra virgin olive oil. How is that for a meal?

Mutual friend also told me that the meeting got cancelled for later on today which I was kind of bummed about but he said there would be others. I shared with him about blogging and we had a discussion about disclosure which I shared my views. He said he would like me to talk about that one day at one of the meetings. Not sure if he meant the blogging or the disclosure views. I also told him all about Kevin, I think that's what lead up to the disclosure discussion. And since he has known me since I was diagnosed, he admitted that for me, I have come out a great deal. He knows what I had been through with my family. Him saying that really made me feel good. It lifted my spirits despite the problems I am having. So, I guess all in all it turned out to be a pretty good day.

Cindy---Damn, Sharkie is visiting everyone but ME, what is up with that? I think I will be alright going off my diabetic meds for 3 months. That will give me time to see if a change in my diet will affect my A1C. If I told either of my docs I was doing this they would have a major fit.

Snow-- You got me watching the mail now anxiously.

Christy-- I see you are still faithful to the dragon eggs. How many you have now?

Socrates the dog is doing some major whining which is starting to drive me a bit nuts. He is missing his Daddy, poor thing.That is it for me for now.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2008, 06:06:43 am »
Good morning ladies:

I'm up way too early as usual.  I woke up almost every hour last night.  I feel sick-emotional I'm sure.  My doc e-mailed me and told me if I wanted I could drop off another urine sample, as it might have been too early for them to detect anything when I was there Tuesday.  I don't know if I will or not.  The thing that makes me a little nervous is that the last time I had a bladder infection, I went into a coma from sepsis.  And that took a long time to recover from.  I guess I could give it until the end of the weekend.  If no better by Monday, I could go and give one then. 

Cin, I'm glad we heard from you again.  I was wondering how you were doing.  I'm listening to some Ozzy right now.  He's my favorite metal guy.  I have to keep it turned down right now, as it's only 6:00 a.m. here and I don't want the police called on me.  Have you ever gone through the thing with your bladder like I'm having right now?  To where you have a large amount of sugar in your urine and it felt like you had a bladder infection? 

Snow, sorry about your windshield.  Is the crack bad?

Cristy, I learned a long time ago that the best way to get out of oneself is to help others.  Thanks, though.  I'm sorry about your older son.  There's nothing you could have done.  We all make our own choices. 

Queen, Sharkie isn't coming my way either, so don't feel too bad.  Sorry the thing didn't work out for you to speak.  I'm sure there will be other times.

Five hours until the memorial service.  Jason's mum has had to go through a lot of shit to get this together.  So hard when there's no time for pre-planning.  OK, I just went from feeling sick to feeling empty. 

As for my dad, even though we're not close, this feels strange.  It's like I'll have no home to go to anymore.  Kind of like an orphan.  I stand by what I said though, I'm not going up there like I did with my mum. 

I don't know where Camms has been.  She told us we were going to be stuck with her, then she disappears.  Mum hasn't been on in a couple days either.  I hope everything's alright with her.  I know she's been going through a situation with her husband's brother and his kids kind of being on the run.  I sure hope everything's alright there.  Alright ladies, I'm going to check out a few other threads, and go lay down for awhile.  Be back later-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2008, 06:49:59 am »
hi ladies,

yeah Betty, get rested, you have so much to deal with, Im so sorry about your dad. I am not diabetic but I piss all the time, it's called a "nervous bladder"", sometimes I'll get up 20 times a night, no kidding, that was why I was stressed about having a shared bathroom in that course thing (which I cancelled). most nights aren't like this though. I hear there are meds for this, I wont take them unless it becomes daily and really bad.

Cindy, nice to see you again. Im not ready for a clearer pic. The world can live without it... seems like some of the insurance thing's being sorted, I hope so!

Queen, I didnt fully understand about your new roomie, is he still using? I hope not and that it works out for you. The dog sounds really cute, I was touched by your description. I also got quite hungry from the food description. It doesnt take much to trigger my hunger but it sure sounds good.

Cristy, I continue to think of you. OK its clearer about Robert now, seems he tries to go to the bathroom but is sleepy and doesnt quite make it.

Snow, thx for asking. BF will hear next week or the one after. I am SO keeping my fingers crossed, but am scared of hoping too much you know? Ive never been to a support group, except a group of African women, that was OK but not really support, there was no guidance or discussion or anything, and I felt way better off than any of them, I mean most of them are illegals and have been to hell and back, I need help with certain things no doubt but I was just taking up space there in a room full of survivors.

Thinking of you ladies and the ones I havent mentioned too,
Have a peaceful weekend, with as much sleep as you need/want

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2008, 07:34:27 am »
Hello ladies. I am going back to bed soon but wanted to check in.             Queen, I am still playing with the dragons. There are 2 I don't have, then I will probably quit or maybe not. Not like I have  social life. Here is the link so you can see them all, http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/14322, you might have to copy and paste for it to work.                                      Dragonette, thank you. Robert is not doing this on purpose but I sure wish he would stop.                                                       This is a very busy week. I have 9 shifts in 6 days (4 to 6 hours each). Next week will be much slower.                         Betty, I like your thinking on that.    Hope the memorial is not too hard.                                            Back to bed for me. Gotta rest up. I'll check in later, Cristy

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2008, 09:52:39 am »
Good Morning Ladies.

Another pretty day in Mississippi. Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. The children at the center acted as if they had fire in their pants all day. It was a constant. Stop, sit down, don't do that. (LOL) I was beat when I made it home. Had to fight with walmart jewerly department yesterday. I sent a ring off to be sized and they lost it. WTF!!

Queen, I'm glad there is something to keep your mind off of being depressed, but I think I would loose my damn mind with all those animals in the house. Is the dog house trained

Betty, get some rest hunny, you have been running all week long. I'm also sorry about your dad, but its good that hospice is stepping in.

Snow, Hope is doing great. She thinks all she supposed to get is the can dog food and not the kind in the bag. We bought her a doggie shirt, and she had the nerve to walk through the house as if she was the Shit.  :D. Hows the Atripla going for you. Any side effects.

Moon- You take such pretty pictures.

To all my other G/F's on the thread. love you ladies.

I'll check back in later.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2008, 10:25:02 am »
My sister called 1/2 hour ago.  My dad died this morning.  I'm on my way to my friend's memorial service right now.  Then I'll be heading up to my dad's. 

Ann, I think whenever I get home, I'm going to smash something.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2008, 11:11:54 am »
Betty, I am so sorry about your dad passing. If you need anything, let me know. Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2008, 12:19:08 pm »
Hey Ladies----

It's official..I am now Queen Tokelove!!!!! Betty, you have my condolences on the passing of your father and your friend. That's a lot in one week for you, I hope you will be ok. My gay bff has moved in and to answer someone's question, NO, he is not using anymore. He couldn't be here if he was. He has no family here and we have known each other for over 5 years so I am like the only fam he has here.

Yeah, the meeting got cancelled but I think there may be one this weekend so I might just attend that one. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.Otherwise there really is nothing to report.T.G.I.F everybody....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2008, 12:30:08 pm »
Damn Betty, So sorry for your loss...What a week for you my sister..Im sending BIG GIANT (((( HUGS)))))) to you..Take care and stay strong.....
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2008, 12:46:49 pm »
Betty- I am so sorry to hear about your Dad passing. Please let me know if I can do anything, too.  Take care of yourself.

Yeah- Queen Tokelove- Glad to hear bff is moved in AND he is not using :)

Snow

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2008, 02:42:16 pm »
Dear Betty,

So sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts & wishing you peace.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2008, 04:38:41 pm »
My sister called 1/2 hour ago.  My dad died this morning.  I'm on my way to my friend's memorial service right now.  Then I'll be heading up to my dad's. 

Ann, I think whenever I get home, I'm going to smash something.

Boy when it rains it pours.

Sorry for your loss Betty. Dont forget to take care of yourself.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2008, 08:34:43 pm »
BT~  I had a great day, not real dizzy, good mood, had group tonight.....

Then I sign in and read about your Dad's passing.  I can't stop crying for you right now.  Your friend Jason and now your Dad.

I can't think of anything else except for you right now.  I'm so sorry about all of this.  Its too much for one person to handle, but I know you're a tough one, perhaps the toughest of us all.  Losing your Mom in August and now your dad?  Its just not fair!  I am pissed that things have to be this way for you.

Dammit, hang in there my metal friend.

BIG hugs to you tonight.   :'(

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2008, 09:08:54 pm »
Evening Everyone----

Finally got the newest roomie's things here. The other roomie has to clear her stuff out of there for him when she gets home. She is out doing the final touches on the house she had been working on with her ex roomie. You get all that? ;D I am happy that my bff is here. I have to get used to the little dog cause he is a loud one when his Daddy is gone. But the poor thing was traumatized and I keep trying to remember that. I gave him a bath today, we have been trying to get his fur untangled and it's looking better. He's still a little skittish so we haven't given him a trim yet which he needs so badly. The cats are very aware that he is here but they haven't warmed up to him yet.

Dinner turned out very well. The pork roast was tender and tasty along with the potatoes and slightly fried asparagus. In other words, I put my foot in it. All the animals thought so, roomies haven't eaten yet but they better hurry before I get the munchies and go knock off some more.. :D Helping my friend has raised my spirits a bit and I feel more happy. Now we just got to find another place to move to but we'll work on that as it gets warmer. The car thing is still in limbo and I hate to keep asking the roomie's ex- roomie about it. I am just trying to be patient but hopes I can get a price so I can see if I can afford it next check day. As for the situation that was driving me nuts, well, I decided to just walk away from it. I'll still be struggling but at least I wouldn't have the problem bite me in the ass later. So, I am just going to do the right thing and hope karma will smile on me. Other than that, it's another Friday night in my ghetto palace and I am watching Smackdown as I post this. The new roomie is playing his XBOX. *sighs*...Another good day in the hood, now I could get use to this... ;D

Betty--- I am worried about you and I hope you are doing ok. Smash what you have to and brush that shit off your shoulders. I don't mean it to sound like I don't care, I am just saying in other words, try not to let it get to you. It goes without saying if you want to vent, we are here for you.

We have some ladies who are M.I.A or just lurking. I hope you are all well and just doing YOU and that is why we have not seen you. I mean I don't think there is anyone who is like me who usuallly lives in this place because I don't have a life. Not yet anyway, I am just waiting for it to warm up and I will be gone too. But then again, I would have to post at least once a day, probably when I first get up and before my day begins. I think this summer will make for some good blogging. I need to get a digicam or something and take pictures of my hood.

I think I have been chatty enough. I am going to finish watching wrestling and check on the new roomie....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:06 pm »
Hi ladies, the service for my friend Jason was lovely.  There were a lot of people there from N.A.  It started around 11:15 and got over around 1:00.  They had like an 'open sharing' time, but I just couldn't get up and say anything.  Jason knows how I feel about him.

Right after the service I headed to my dad's.  My sister had called Hospice when she found my dad, and the nurse pronounced him dead at 9:10.  The funeral home was there and had put my dad back in his bed for us to say our good-byes.  The left side of his head apparently hit something when he fell in the bathroom; it had several nasty bruises on it.  It's just been a real emotional day.  I told my brother (who was at my dad's) 'well, now we're all orphans.'  'Cause that's what it feels like.  No more home to go home to. 

During the day I was getting chills, sweats, and every time I peed I thought I was going to die.  So on the way home this evening, I stopped by a Med Point (urgent care).  I gave them a urine sample.  The first thing the doctor says when he comes in the room is 'Do you have active Aids?'   I said 'well, I didn't know there was anything that killed it off.'  What an ass.  Anyway, he said 'you have a gross amount of blood in your urine.' (I stopped my period about 4 days ago).  And my fever was 101.  Anyway, he gave me some antibiotics, so hopefully that will clear it up. 

Well, that's how my day went.  Oh, congratulations Queen on your name.  Love it.  Thanks everyone for the support. 
  Luv,
Betty

Edited to add:  Hey Cin, thanks for starting that thread in off topic.  I truly appreciate it.  You ladies are truly amazing with your support.  Thanks to you all.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:36:06 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2008, 11:47:18 pm »
Hi Ladies not much to say.  I am really sad for Betty and may you be strong through this hard time in your life.  I want you to know that you are not an orphan, you are part of a much larger family here on the forums.  We love and care about you and will do anything to help you if you need it. 

Queen-Love the new name.  OK did I miss something what is this Sharkie thing you have been talking about?  If you don't mind me asking.  Good luck with your new roommate and dog.   

Drag- I have the same bladder issues that you do.  Its called over active bladder.  I use to take Detrol for it, which helped so much.  Then my lovely insurance would not pay for it so now I take Oxybutin twice a day.  I just hate having to take any more pills then I need to.  I am very concerned about damaging my liver since I am only in my 30's/ 

Moon, Win, Keepingfaith, Snow, CJC, Wishful and Netta-  I hope that you ladies are doing well and will look forward to addressing each of you this weekend, I am exhausted and going to bed.  I have a 12 hour day tomorrow at work and a trainee that I have to entertain.   

Enjoy your weekend.   Sun

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2008, 02:04:45 am »
Just checking in before bed. My son came over and new roomie had ordered 2 large pizzas. Now I am full as a tick. I will finally be able to get some much deserved rest after a restless night with the dog missing his Daddy. And since the dog kept me up Thursday night, I decided to call his Daddy up where he was and share the love. Ain't I a stinker!!! I am going to do my best to sleep in tomorrow. I will record all my Saturday toons I like.

Betty- I am glad that you checked in. I hope you get to feeling better soon, that fever doesn't sound too good and that doctor seemed like a real asshole.

Sun---Sharkie is another forum member that Betty and I have been flirting with shamelessly. Sharkie does yoga and  has quite the oral technique. Check out the NOT DEXTER thread in OT. Then you will see what we mean.

*Yawns*....Night Ladies....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

tendai

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2008, 04:12:21 am »
((((((((((((((((Betty - i'm so sorry about the loss of your dad. and i hope u feel better soon. )))))))))))))))))

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2008, 05:18:51 am »
Betty, hopefully calmer times are coming. It sounds like it did you good to go to Jasons'. But what a day. That's the understatement of the year huh. I know you will tough it out. I hope you can bond with your siblings to support each other thru this. Please keep us posted. 

I dont get what this doctor said (a-hole or not). It sounds llke you are really ill, can you get a second opinion from your ID doc or something. WTF, it looks like they haven't been very observant to say the least. Please dont neglect yourself.

Tendai, whatcha doing on the forums on Sat.? hope youre not having to work.

Thanks for your congrats btw. I haven't told many people yet, but we are slowly spreading the word.

Sun, yes I try to avoid over medicating if that's possible. I take vitamins and supps to balance the meds (if thats even remotely possible). I foudn out my insurance will pay for them if I got them prescribed, so I called my GP, but he said that if I eat right I dont need them. I hate it when people who know fuck all about these toxins we take in daily put in their "conventional wisdom", esp when they have an influence on my health. Which is of course manifested much worse in Betty's story from last night...

Queen looks like things are looking up, fingers crossed. Very glad you waived that thing.

You too Cindy. I mean glad you feel better.

Cristy hope youre not working too hard this weekend.

Anyone I left out, its not at all deliberate just depending on those checking in last... nice weekend all

PS : Netta, Happy 50th and here's to many more happy, healthy years!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:20:40 am by Dragonette »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2008, 06:51:10 am »
Morning ladies:

Sun, I hope you have at least an easy day at work with the new trainee.

Queen, I'm glad you're getting along well with your newest roomie.  I love pizza.

Drag, when are you guys looking to tie the knot?

The antibiotic the doctor put me on is Bactrim DS.  I'm hoping that takes care of it.  A lot of people still don't get teh Aids.  That's alright.  He also gave me something (Pyridium) for the pain and pressure.  It helps, and it even turns the urine a nice orange shade. 

My other sister will be flying in from Phoenix Sunday.  She's going to get here at 9:50 a.m.  Then we have to go to the funeral home to make the memorial service arrangements.  They want to know about my dad's interests/hobbies.  I know he liked to play the drums.  When he was young, he played in some nightclubs in Detroit and was also in the Air Force band during WWII.  Don't really know of any other interests, hopefully one of my sibs can help with that.

I don't really have much to do today.  I was going to sort through my clothes to give some to Goodwill.  It's almost time to get out the spring/summer clothes.  I really need to go to the store.  I was going to call this day spa close to my apartment to see if the lady has any openings this morning for a trim.  I go there about twice a year, as it's $35 for a cut and I can rarely afford that.  But I tried to trim my own hair a few days ago and kind of fucked it up.  What can I say, just trying to save some cash.  OK ladies, I'll check back in later-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2008, 01:00:59 pm »
BT~  Hang in there today.  Is your bladder feeling any better?  How's the fever? 

I got my roots colored today and now I am going to go attempt to cut some "smaller" branches off of my tree outside before the leaves come in.  Its creeping up and around the side of the house.  :-\

Drag, for the life of me I can't find where you posted about tying the knot.  What's going on?  "Repetez, s'il vous plait."  :D

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2008, 01:52:51 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Well, I fixed my own hair, so there's some money that went for groceries.  I color my own hair with professional color from a beauty supply store. 

Cin, I feel some better.  I keep sweating though, so I think I'm going to lay down for awhile as soon as I'm done posting this.  Thanks for asking. 

My sponsor showed up around 10:00 this morning with four big bottles of juice made with Splenda.  Of course one of them was cranberry.  So I've been drinking that and water.  She's such a sweetie.  I'm lucky I have the support I do. 

I really don't have anything else to report.  I'll be checking in later I'm sure.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2008, 02:08:15 pm »
Happy Birthday, Netta!

Betty- I hope you are feeling better today, too. 

Moon- How are you doing?  Did I read somewhere you having a crisis or was that an old post?  I get so confused reading these threads sometimes  :-\

I tried posting earlier but I lost the whole thing somehow.  Basically, it said that someone tried to break into our house yesterday because we got a call from the alarm company while we were out.  We made it back here before the cops got here and didn't find anyone?  We usually put all the dogs to bed(in thier cages) before we leave but we left our pit out.  I was going to shut the tv off but my SO said to leave it on for noise and so the dog would watch tv.  So then we were joking about the dog watching tv and no one is going to mess with him anyways.  So it was kind of ironic to get that call.  It was most likely some young kid that got scared when he saw the dog?  We live in a bad area but are the only ones on a dead end street so we haven't had this problem before.  When the cops finally showed up they went to the wrong house  :-\
I felt like crap last night after eating and I laid down around 8 and didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning.  Usually, something or someone gets me up in the middle of the night so it was kind of nice to get all that rest.  I had to take my meds this morning though so today I feel kind of woozy with no get up and go.

I got all the things I ordered so if you could send me your addys I will get them out to you, hopefully, Monday.
This is just a small token of my appreciation and maybe when you look at it, it will remind you that you are not alone.  I wish I could think of something for the guys that isn't so girly?

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Snow

Offline netta

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2008, 03:36:22 pm »
thanks for all the happy birthday wishes!!,today I  am  doing absolutely nothing!! I am blessed to be here, 23 years with the virus, or package as everyone calls it in the hood!.I went out with my daughter and her hubby last nite,to hear a band and have a drink, but I miss my friends in va so much,Today I am just home watching movies and sleeping.My body still feels tired and I'm having a lot of hot flashes or nite sweats, i don't know which,but i have decided to get back on my premarin meds for estrogen and see if that makes me feel better.I am crying a lot and I don't know why, feeling kinda lonely and wish I had that special man in my life ,but i am sure one day the right one will come along, i am still in touch by phone with my men friends, but its not the same as being there.I know it would break my grandaughters heart,if I were to move. she already said no she don't want me to move,we are very close, I told her I would visit regularyif I did. But for now I am staying put. I  feel so lost, I have no friends here in Macon, except my daughter, ever since my best friend moved to va.
Betty I am praying for you and I am here for you,
its not easy losing a parent. I lost my dad a few years ago .please, please, take care of yourself, and break a few things, cry and share with people, you are not alone, remember our loved ones are at peace now. My friend that passed last week, I know she struggled so, and I miss her, but she is in a better place, thats what I believe and I am happy she passed my way, even for a little while."to everything there is a season" (ecclesiastes 3) in the bible. It may give you some confort to read it.
To all the other  ladies out there, be encouraged! let my birtday be an encouragement! that you can live long with this virus! and even though I have some bad days,and some lonely days, I am so happy to be alive!!! love to you all!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:42:35 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2008, 03:41:12 pm »
Afternoon Ladies---

I didn't go to bed til almost 6 am. My sleep was interrupted a few times due to someone banging on my neighbor's door like they were the fucking police. And I heard this with no hearing aids in!!! So when I did get back to sleep, I slept til about after 1. I feel rested so I will get up and do some cleaning around here. I already told the roomies to bundle up cause I am opening windows to air out the place. Gonna wash up the dishes from last night and run the sweeper in all the rooms after I put some carpet freshener down. I am in clean mode again. I'm not a slob but I am not a compulsive clean freak either. I just like to have a clean house that smells good and this place needs some airing out. There's no funk in here but the air is a bit stale and newest roomie is allergic to the cats. Our 5 is doing a number on him.

Snow--- I live in a not so nice area too so I know what you mean. We don't have an alarm system but we do have plenty of weapons. Roomie #1 makes them and she has a shot gun and I am no slouch with knives and has a few in my room. Someone would have to be an idiot to try to come here with some bs or break in... ;D I will PM you my addy. I am excited about the necklaces and can't wait to see mine.

Betty-- Have you been on Bactrim before? I hope that works for you, I am allergic to it and it broke me out in a rash after 2 weeks of taking it. My ID doc then switched me to Dapsone which I am still taking. I should be getting off of it in a few months. I started it in September when I started my meds because my cd4 at the time was 215 and he didn't want me to get any OI's. But he said after 6 months and improvement in my cd4, he will probably take me off. I have my fingers crossed for my next appointment, that would mean one less pill. Sorry about that rant, I was just telling you to say look out for a rash.

Ok, well, I need to get my ass in gear and get this house cleaned up. I have had some "Holy Ash" as Sharkie would say... ;D I will check back in later. Have a good day ladies especially you Betty....((((BIG HUGS))))

Netta--- Just saw your post as I was trying to post. Sorry to hear you are in such a funk. I hope you feel better. Happy Belated Birthday too. I know what you mean about a man in your life but at least you are lucky to have 2 even if they are a bit away. I seem to have a terrible track record with men. Can they not come and visit you? Feel better.... :-*

modified to add: For the ladies that has been here on this thread from Day 1, remember Boo? It seems he has made himself a fan on my fanbox profile. I sent him a message. Funny, cause I have been thinking about him a bit lately.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:45:59 pm by Queen Tokelove »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2008, 03:47:11 pm »
Thanks Queen,The men are just friends,I dated once or twice, not in a relaionship yet, but they both want me to move there. I wrote the one I really like a long letter today and told him how i felt, but he is not poz, so I wait for his response. He told me when i left that when i come back we would start all over from the beginning, I guess because he is about to be divorced in april. So who knows.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:52:58 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2008, 04:08:27 pm »
Thanks Queen,The men are just friends,I dated once or twice, not in a relaionship yet, but they both want me to move there. I wrote the one I really like a long letter today and told him how i felt, but he is not poz, so I wait for his response. He told me when i left that when i come back we would start all over from the beginning, I guess because he is about to be divorced in april. So who knows.

Quick question, if not in a relationship with the neg one then what exactly is being started all over? I take it he has feelings for you too. I hope it all works out for you in the end.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2008, 04:32:10 pm »
good question, I know he has feelings for me, but is going through a rough divorce .His kids are grown and his wife is giving him a hard time.He thought the divorce would go smoother but everyone knows when you are married for a long time and trying to settle who gets what things can get stressful. they are fighting over the dog! whom his wife doesn't like or take care of, but just doesn't want him to have it, so he has given up the dog for now. He told me that when i come back to vaginia, he will be divorced and at peace, even if he looses everthing at this point.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:37:18 pm by netta »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.