Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 386
Total: 386

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: helppppppppp  (Read 19653 times)

Offline strengthneeded

rash?
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:19 am »
I was supposed to get tested  in April, which would have been my 13th week. I have been too afraid to do so. I will do it this month. My question is, can a rash develop about 18 weeks past risky behaviour?  I have a rash on my upper right back that looks like a rash/bruise.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: rash?
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2007, 09:54:23 am »
You should keep all your additional thoughts, comments and questions in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and give you accurate advice.

If you can't find your original thread, click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Not only that but you should not be posting in poz only forums as you did here.

MtD

Offline strengthneeded

Re: helppppppppp
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 12:01:06 pm »
sorry, I made a new topic of THIS QUESTIONbut will post it here :::

: I was supposed to test last month at 13 weeks but have been too afraid, will test within a week, but I have a large rash on my back near my shoulder on one side, looks like rash/bruise. Is it possible to get  a rash so far after possible exposure??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 12:10:47 pm »
You can get a rash, cold, flu at anytime. That's why symptoms don't mean squat when in comes to HIV. HIV has no specific symptoms.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2007, 04:20:24 pm »
Keep all of your postings in this thread. I have merged your latest with previous.

And your anxiety does not excuse your posting in HIV positive Forums so control yourself or you will risk getting timed out or even banned.

How long are you going to torture yourself and hold off getting tested? Go in there with your knees knocking and quacking. You don't have to feel brave at the moment. The likelihood is you will test negative. Everything other than testing is just guessing and HIV is never something to guess about.

Keep us posted on your results.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline strengthneeded

FACTS
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2007, 06:59:26 pm »
 I just want to add that some of what was saidon here about oral sex is incorrect.  The CDC has reprted cases of HIV transmission from oral sex. I believe they said it is 8 cases.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2007, 09:09:27 pm »
Strength, you've been told before this to keep all of your entries in the same thread. That's our rule. You're on the verge of being banned.

None of the reported infections orally have been satisfactorily documented. You're one of the last people who should be giving out advice to anyone in this section. Don't do it again.

You've never reported whether you finally got yourself tested after the lengthy dramatics you staged here. Did you? And what was the result?
Andy Velez

Offline strengthneeded

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2007, 12:00:58 pm »
andy,

Sorry but I thought if it was a different subject a different thread would be needed.   The cdc itself has said those cases are documented.

I did not give out advice to anyone. I only posted what the CDC said about oral transmission because I was reading a few people who were claiming that you can not get it that waya nd that it has never been documented.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2007, 12:04:47 pm »
You've never reported whether you finally got yourself tested after the lengthy dramatics you staged here. Did you? And what was the result?

Well, strength?  Did you?  And?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.