Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:42:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What IS Your Defenition of L-O-V-E ?  (Read 17300 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: What IS Your Defenition of L-O-V-E ?
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2007, 08:08:38 pm »
There's nothing more insufferable than two dolts "in lurve" who absorb each other into one lame entity.

"He's a vegan... so now I am, too."

Everytime someone changes something essential about themselves to satisfy a romantic partner, a T-cell gets its wings.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 08:15:58 pm »
Boo: I do see what you are saying. How it is worded is that in a "sense" two become as one. Sharing your lives together unconditionally.

Benj:The door swings both ways.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tomorrow?"

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 08:17:41 pm »
Philly: Is it not Gucci that you prefer?

Gucci is so 90's!  It's all about Martin Margiela at the moment.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2007, 08:18:08 pm »

"He's a vegan... so now I am, too."

Well... i guess that would be a bonus if you don't like to swallow.
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2007, 08:21:44 pm »
Dtw: Who would want to deny themselves of such pleasure?

Philly: So that IS the current style?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2007, 08:52:35 pm »
Dtw: Indeed it is a constant adjustment that is to be made with one another. When the pair reaches the level where they fully understand each other, then that is where the certain "rightness" falls into place.

Benj: There is a difference betweeen the two. Either you are "fully" committed of you are not.

Boo: Doxie did not steal it from you. He just borrowed it. It was fitting at the time.

Yes I did, I stole it on purpose. I will never give it back because never a lender or borrower be.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:54:13 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2007, 09:02:55 pm »
Hal: LOL!

Offline chm02

• id est
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2007, 10:00:08 pm »
"Unconditional" love is a nonsensical idea!
Of course there are always conditions!
Love is caring, respect, honesty, affection, attraction, enjoyment, commitment.
If he is uncaring, dishonest, disrespectful, unaffectionate, unattractive, non-commital,
then I am not going to love him.
These are conditions.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2007, 03:18:22 am »
Hmm this thread has taken on some interesting points. I would like to think that love still exists on this earth. But society seems to think the almighty dollar is more important than love...Not including AC and maybe a few others but most seem to marry not for love but for purse strings and love can come later if not at all...Or maybe I'm getting that twisted with my daily soaps but damn close. Here's a couple of examples , just 2 that come to mind.

1. What's Love Got To Do With It--- You see where love got Tina Turner's ass in that one..

2. Ain't Nothing Going On But The Rent--- I can't remember  who sang that song but it was out in the 80's. The famous line from that song was You got to have a J-O-B- if you wanna be with me...

3. What have you done for me lately? Yep and Ms. Jackson if ya nasty...*snaps her fingers* ...ooookkkkaaaaayyyy
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007, 04:02:51 am »
Ain't Nothing Going On But The Rent = Gwen Guthrie

and it's ovah for Miss Guthrie... she did SO many great dance tracks with Larry Levan of Paradise Garage remixing in the 80's

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2007, 07:20:52 am »
Everytime someone changes something essential about themselves to satisfy a romantic partner, a T-cell gets its wings.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:23:03 am by fondeveau »

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2007, 08:35:08 am »
Love is also jealous, possessive, angry, violent, judgemental and ugly... and that's on a good day when your partner isnt under the influence of alcohol, or high as a kite or just having a bad day and taking things out on you.  Or when your father beats you sensless because he's had too much to drink and you didn't clean you room.  Love is reality, not a fairy tale.

Actually Matt, those things are not love. They are examples of kinds of damaging behaviour that sadly occur in too many human relationships. But they are not examples of love. People often accept such behaviour because of low self esteem or because they know no different/better or because they are blinded by love. That's why so many people remain in unhappy dysfunctional relationships...because both the abuser and the abused cant/wont see that abusive behaviour is not loving behaviour.

There are different kinds of relationships that involve different kinds of love. The only time when love should be unconditional is from a parent to their child. Between adults of course there should be conditions. Absolutely.

Just glancing at adult relationships:
I think people often get confused between what constitutes love and what constitutes a healthy loving relationship. Love is only one aspect of a relationship; it is of course an important aspect but a relationship is only healthy if love is combined with a whole lot of other factors. 

A healthy relationship involves being:

Loving
Caring
Supportive

And it also involves:

Intimacy
Open communication
Respect
Honesty
Independence
Fun
Joy
Adventure
Curiosity
Spontaneity

It's a combination of all those things. All positive encouraging nurturing things. I personally will no longer accept anything less from a relationship. Been there, done that. Never again!

A healthy adult relationship should not involve controlling negating or belittling behaviour. It should also not involve compliant or rebellious behaviour. And it definitely should not involve dishonesty.

Too many people behave so inappropriately towards their partners in relationships and often don't even realise they are doing it or, even worse, don't care that they are doing it. And too many people settle for much less than they actually realise they are worth. So both parties remain stuck inside unhealthy dysfunctional relationships, unaware of how much better things could actually be.

Love itself is difficult to define as it has different meaning for different people. According to the song: Love is a many splendid thing!

What I do know is this: love on its own does not make for a healthy relationship. It takes a lot more than that.

Just my take on it.

Melia
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 10:38:34 am by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2007, 01:03:42 pm »
Frankly if a couple NEVER argues I find that quite odd.  Prozac nation or something, they're generally subverting.  Of course, excessive arguing is never good and the key is being able to evaluate when you've arrived at this point and get out if need be.

The rule is to constructively engage the topic of the argument and always resolve it before going to bed.  I've always found the key to a good relationship is how effective both partners are at resolving things when they come up.  Some people frankly just suck at expressing their feelings.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 07:25:51 pm »
Melia: Wow! Whomever IS the one in your life, they definitely got all of the perks that anyone could ever ASK for! Woah Nelly!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.