Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:33:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 366
Total: 367

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Watch Bill Maher Tonight  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Robert

Watch Bill Maher Tonight
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:33:44 pm »

Anthony Woods is going to be on Bill Maher tonight.  He's running for a congressional seat that's opened up here in N. California (the special election is Sept. 1.)

It takes something for me to become a true believer, but this guy is the real mccoy.  Don't miss the show.

robert

Offline edfu

Re: Watch Bill Maher Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:49:02 am »
Wow!  How right you are.  Mr. Woods is amazing. 
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline veritas

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:24:25 am »

Robert,

After viewing his websight, the guy has not only the intelligence and savi to be a member of congress but also the right demeanor. I hope he is successful.

v

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:48:09 am »
Hey Robert, I don't have HBO because I'm a tired, cheap Queen, but I googled around and found this if anyone is interested:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/7/24/757605/-Anthony-Woods-(CA-10-candidate)-is-my-new-Political-Boyfriend.

Is CA-10 your district?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:52:40 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 12:52:54 pm »

thanks for the link.  I don't get HBO either but I do read Anthony's Facebook page and that's how I found out about the show.

No, I'm not in his district :'(.  I'm about 3 hours N but I am making phone calls from my home to people in his district.  He's running against the ususal suspects, 3 other politicans from Sacramento, running, as he puts it, for a promotion to reward them for the mess they put us into with our budget. 

I think he has a good chance.

Offline sdguyloveslife

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »
FYI - For any other cheap queens out there like me and Miss P...   ;D

I subscribe to the Bill Maher show via podcasts on iTunes.  You can get it for FREE - I don't get the video, but I do get the audio.  This particular episode is not yet available...it usually takes about a week after the episode airs for it to come available on iTunes. 
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »
Oh, I'm well aware of where to get things free, as in a torrent file.  Cheap doesn't mean stupid :)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:22 am »
Hey Robert, I don't have HBO because I'm a tired, cheap Queen, but I googled around and found this if anyone is interested:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/7/24/757605/-Anthony-Woods-(CA-10-candidate)-is-my-new-Political-Boyfriend.

Is CA-10 your district?

missp

here is another Daily Kos reference.  Anthony was on their front page today.

By the way, you asked me if Anthony was in my District.  Unfortunately, no.  Here is a
MAP which shows where his district is. Anthony's district covers basically 2 counties between San Francisco and Sacramento.  A lot of military (active and retired) live there.  Up to 10 years ago it was very Republican and although I don't think there is such a thing as a California Blue Dog (Feinstein is the closest we got but she'll lie through her teeth to deny it) the district has somewhat of a conservative tinge. 

But people are really fed up with Sacramento so I think Anthony's progressive stance

I've seen too many Americans pay a big price for the convenient choices of politicians. And I believe the only way to break this vicious cycle is to elect leaders who are willing to make the courageous ones.

will ring a bell with a lot of the voters.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 04:14:24 am »
Whoa, he's got all the chops man. Great role model, Wishing him all the best. Go Anthony! :-*
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.