Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 342
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 16468 times)

Offline ualguy

Confused
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:56:06 pm »
Hi,

I am very worried that I might be having ARS systems.

A few weeks ago I went to a club however the only thing I did was insertive oral sex, i.e got sucked…. However up to 25 different men preformed oral sex on me for less then 4 min each.

am I at risk for infection if this was the only activity engaged in.

second

6 days later I became violently ill with what I think was food poisoning I was unable to keep any food down and had to go to the hospital. after two days I was completely better and back to normal

16 days after the incident I got very itchy red blots on my left arm, just left arm,. they would get really bad then tend to go away then come back. this lasted for a week I thought for sure they were hives but my dermatologist said otherwise and thought something attacked me he gave me medicine and for the most part they cleared up.

other then that I have been feeling fine!

I am wondering if I can assume these are just three separate incidents or if there is any chance they are connected and a signs of ars. also can you answer if the latter two regardless of the activities engaged  are they type of rash and the food poisoning types of ars systems? is thier a need for a test.

Thanks!!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:22:39 pm »
ualguy,

I deleted your accidental thread, as requested.

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of marathon you were involved in. Therefore, you are not experiencing ARS from your interesting experience.

Hiv is primarily spread through  unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.  You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You can get all the blowjobs you want and you won't become infected with hiv. Just make sure you are using condoms for intercourse and you'll avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ualguy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 07:40:48 pm »
Thank you so much for your prompt reply, you really provide a service that without would have many people worried and scared. I am tested every 6 months as you suggest. however even though not a symptom of ars due to my activity can you describe what the ars rash is.  I spent the past two days on the internet looking up info about it and I truly feel at this point all rashes are hard to distinguish pictorially, from your archives I read that, and just since I have been researching this for a day I am curious to know. are these assertions correct

1.   it does no itch much

2.   it is on the trunk of the body almost always and is accompinied with a fever

3.   it does not come and go

also is upset stomach or food poisoning is this an ars symptom or not thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:17:18 pm »
UAL, in the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a single documented case of someone becoming infected through being given a blowjob. So even though you were a busy guy that evening,  I don't expect you to make history by becoming the first.

There are other STDs out there and some of them can be passed along by touch or orally, so if you're having troubling symptoms still going on I suggest you discuss it with your doctor.

Whatever is going is not about HIV. Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ualguy

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:41:18 pm »
Thank you for the reassuance but honestly now i t looking to see if the research i found on the web and in the archives of this form are still correct. Being that it took me a day to gather all of these conjectures i would like to know if possible and i think it would be helpful to others posssiblie i.e. that
are these assertions correct, for an ars rash

1.   it does no itch much

2.   it is on the trunk of the body almost always and is accompinied with a fever

3.   it does not come and go

4. upset stomach/food poisoning that comes 7 days after an exposure is not an ars symtom

thanks so much i really appreciate all of this

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:17:30 am »
ualguy,

Yes, the information you have is correct. For future reference though, symptoms or the lack of symptoms means nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only testing will reveal your hiv status.

As I said to you in my first post, you did not have a risk of hiv infection in what you bring to us. However, if you are sexually active, you should be having regular, routine sexual health check-ups. It's the adult, responsible thing to do.

Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever become infected in this manner and you will not be the first.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ualguy

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 03:19:11 pm »
Hi

A quick question about getting a blow job. You guys always say that it is not at all a risk and then refer poeple to the lesson guide to read up however in the lesson guide it says:

...On the other end of the spectrum is the risk calculated for insertive oral sex: 1 in 20,000 if condoms are not used and the receptive partner is known to be HIV positive.....

I dont mean to be questioning but doesent this contradict that a blow job is not a risk. this 1 in 20,000 is also stated on other websites. I know this is the most accuarate of all sites to get info however i just wanted to make sure that a getting a blow job is no risk correct. IF the 1 in 20,000 were true wouldnt we  see approximatly 1 person become infected per 20,000 BJ recivied? Why is this statistic in the lessions section and how could a person become infected by reciving a bj.

Thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 03:27:32 pm »
The person receiving a bj is not at risk. There is a “theoretical risk” that the person giving the bj may get infected, but in over 25 years it has never happened. You may have read that someone, somewhere said that they got HIV from giving a bj. They have never been able to confirm those cases, because that was not the only sex these people participated in.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 03:30:07 pm by RapidRod »

Offline ualguy

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 03:31:17 pm »
Sorry to ask this but then

1. Where does the 1 in 20,000 chance come from for the person reciving the BJ

2. If it has never happened or been able to be reproduced in a lab how is there a risk and why is this info included on the lesson page

3.If it was 1 in 20,000 as you guys state trillians of bj.s have been given would a sizeable number be infected through this method by know.

4. If there is no risk for the reciving partner why have the 1 in 20,000 chance listed on lessons guide

Offline ualguy

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 03:33:05 pm »
To clarify it states the person reciving the bj has a 1 in 20000 risk of infection not the person giving it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 03:35:10 pm »
Where did you get those odds?

Offline ualguy

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 03:43:46 pm »
http://www.aidsmeds.com/lessons/Transmission5.htm

if you read the other section it refers to the insertive partner as the one getting the bj i.e insertng the penis

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 05:14:07 pm »
UAL, going back and forth with these numbers is useless as far as I am concerned. In fact worse than useless, all it does is to continue to feed your fears, and to what good purpose?

If you want to go ahead and get tested at 13 weeks to prove that you are HIV negative, then go ahead an do it.

All we can tell you is what we know from our experience and what HIV science considers to be so, that the risk of infection for someone getting a blowjob is strictly theoretical. Theoretical means as with any sexual act other than self masturbation, transmission "could" happen. In the real world it simply doesn't occur in this way.

But hey, if you want to work and massage those numbers some more, go right ahead.

We've told you what we know. It's not our job to convince you if you don't want to believe what you're told here.

You were not at risk for HIV in this situation. Period. End of story.

After that you can deal with it as you will.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 05:46:22 pm »
ual,

If you read further, you will see this:

For starters, these numbers are based on assumptions and guesses, not actual evidence of HIV transmission. Second, even if the researchers are right – that there is a 1 in 20,000 chance of being infected with HIV via unprotected insertive oral sex with someone known to be positive – many experts argue that this number is close enough to zero as to not be concerned about it at all.

The study that came up with these numbers has been discredited, and is only included in the Transmission Lesson because people kept bringing it to this forum from outside sources.

We go by the much more reliable studies that have shown that in serodiscordant couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for any type of oral sex, not one, NOT ONE of the negative partners became infected.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection through getting a blowjob. No way, no how.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ualguy

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 12:17:44 am »
Hi,

I was at a sex club and in the heat of the moment I did something I have not done for years, I decided to top another man. I used a condom and it lasted for only a minute. I took the condom off and it looked in tacked I saw no holes or tares in it. However I am not sure if I used it right because it was very dark. How can I know if I did. My fear is that I put it on inside out is this possible and would I have been able to have sex and not realize it if I did. If so do I need to get tested and am I at risk.

Thanks,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 05:02:11 am »
ual,

It is NOT possible to put a condom on inside out. It simply won't roll down onto your penis.

You did the right thing and used a condom. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection, so you had no risk. Keep using those condoms and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ualguy

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 11:39:29 am »

How can i be sure the condom did not break. Would i know if it did. Was I at any risk. When i took it out it looked in tact, however did not do the water test some people report doing. Is it obvious when a condom breaks, how come they say they are only 99.9% effective when used properly.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 12:40:25 pm »
ual,

Doing a "water test" on a used condom is just plain silly. When a condom breaks, it is very obvious and you don't need to try to fill it with water to see that it is broken. You WOULD have noticed if yours had broken.

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. You used a condom so you were not at risk for hiv. You do not need to test over this incident.

And while you do not need to test over this specific incident, as I said to you in my first post in this thread, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ualguy

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 01:39:33 pm »

Sorry just to clarify:

If i use a condom properly when toping another man i have zero risk for HIV infection.

I have regular STD checks every 6 months

Thanks for your help,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 06:27:08 pm »
ual,

Your regular STI checks should include a routine hiv test.

And yes, condoms, when used correctly and consistently, will protect you from hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ualguy

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 04:13:08 pm »
My check Up always include an HIV test. I just ask for a full STD test as well. Is that all i need to say.

Also i just wanted to clarify the specific incident described above had zero HIV risk, correct?

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 05:28:14 pm »
Zero Risk.  Correct.

Topping with a condom is proven time and again to be consistently effective when done appropriately.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ualguy

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 04:50:51 am »
Hi I have another question. I had a man finger my anal hole last night. he was rough and after wards he rubbed his penis on it. There was no insertion. However when i got home i noticed a scratch on my outer hole. I put a tissue to it and i saw a bit of blood. Am I at any risk for STD here. I thought findering was safe and espcially since there was no insertion of the penis. Can someone confirm. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:25 am »
ual,

No, you were not at risk for hiv in this situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ualguy

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 04:08:02 am »
Hi All

I have been practicing everything in your lessons for the past few years. I always test and have been negative. I only let guys preform oral on me and do mutual jo, protected anal sex, and kissing nothing else. Untill a few hours ago.

I was at the baths and inserted my penis into a glory hole expecting to be sucked. However at first the man on the other side rubb it wiht his hang. A few seconds later i felt that the tip of my penis was in his anus. At that exact moment i pulled it out and ran off. It was in there for less then 2 seconds. It wass not more then the head of the penis and was not in there for more then 2 seconds. Since then i have been flipping out nervous. I called the local hosptial and they said this was not a risk. Are they correct. I am angry and upset for a I'm freaking out and already symptom searching. This was my first real scare and my only time having an accident that i think is a risk.

I am also feeling very angry now since i did not concent to this activity and feel I was taken advantage of. I am not sure if you call this penetration or not, the head and maybe in inch more was inside for less then a second but there was no movement. I am freaking out. I really hope this was not a risk as I have my bar exam in three weeks and can not focus or study. Can someone get HIV as easy as what happend. Please help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 09:11:59 am »
ual,

You're more likely to find a multi-million winning lottery ticket lying in the gutter right outside your house than you are to end up hiv positive from this extremely brief encounter.

To save yourself frights like this in future, maybe you should put a condom on your penis before you go sticking it into glory holes. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against glory holes, but you have to admit you can't always know what awaits your penis on the other side. If in doubt, wrap it up and be safe - not forgetting that there are other, more easily transmitted STIs out there.

Forget about this incident and get back to studying for your bar, and good luck with it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ualguy

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 03:02:18 pm »
Thanks so much for your replly i just want to clarify, there was really essentially nill risk here, also in my state of panic it could have been 3 sec not 2 and now im thinking that maybe a bit more then the head was inserted would this change anything. I am still in panic mode i sure hope not.

Thanks for your wishes

Offline ualguy

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 05:21:06 pm »
sorry guys freaking out here cant study can you pleaes help clarify and answer this

thanks so much

Thanks so much for your replly i just want to clarify, there was really essentially nill risk here, also in my state of panic it could have been 3 sec not 2 and now im thinking that maybe a bit more then the head was inserted would this change anything. I am still in panic mode i sure hope not.

Thanks for your wishes

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 06:08:13 pm »
Ual,

Seriously forget about this. You're panicking for no reason.

MtD

Offline ualguy

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 06:11:44 pm »
so just to confirm so i can get this out of my head and pass my bar exam(or at least attempt0 you dont think there was any transmission possiblity here.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »
For Christ's sake, NO!!! There was no possibility of transmission. Now go and become a damn lawyer.

MtD

Offline ualguy

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 03:00:20 am »
This is probobly why everyone hates us but i was looking through the arcivhes and found these two links:

1.http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q188432.html

this site says that i am at risk. however it seems this site contradicts what you guys say alot and i trust you guys all the way

2. From your site: http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=13071.0 Does this situation differ from mine in terms of risk? I am not questioning your expertise i just want to make sure as you stated before there was no risk and i did not present the situation wrong. Once i convince myslef I can move on. I also feel violated and taken advantage of since i did not want this to occur and was not concented with.

Again in my case at most the head of the penius was inserted for a second maybe a bit more of it but not much at all. Can it be really this easy for a risk. I just want confirmation about what you said before that i was not at risk.  I have now missed two days of studying and i feel i am getting worse and not only is my life in danger but i also will fail my exam
Again i am just looking for that last bit of reassureance like you siad before i had no risk.

Thanks for all help
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:03:03 am by ualguy »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 03:48:22 am »
1.http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q188432.html

this site says that i am at risk

It did not say YOU were at risk at all..the guy in question was at risk because his partner was a man known to be HIV+.

You have been told you were never at risk, listen to what the guys have told you already and move on...this is getting you no where.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline ualguy

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 12:47:01 pm »
yes but who knows the status of the person that this happed with., what does that mean

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 01:44:50 pm by ualguy »

Offline ualguy

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 01:45:04 pm »

am i not at risk and u think this is now more of a phsycological problem that i need help with

i just dont get the differance since if the person this happend with oes this alot i assume ont he prob be positive

i  just want to be sure im 100% negative, since i am not out i have no one else to talk to this about. I was thinking about seeinng a professional about these fears if they are irrational. What do you think?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 03:38:28 pm »
We're not interested in what you drag in from The Body or anywhere else. As you have been repeatedly and correctly told by others here you were not at risk for HIV transmission. Period. End of story.

If you continue surfing the net for material to feed you fears with I can guarantee you will find plenty.

And if you cannot let go of this unwarranted fear then yes, I would say you should see a professional to discuss the emotional aspects of whatever is driving your unwarranted concern.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline ualguy

Condom Rip
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008, 04:58:20 am »
Hi,

I was the insertive person with another man in anal sex. I read your blog about how to use condoms and we did everything it says. However during the sex i took my penis out many times to make sure the condom was still intact. It was each time. Then the last time i put it in, it was for less then 1 min, i came, and when i pulled out i noticed the side of the condom had a tear in it. The top was still intact. I freaked out left and am now in a panic. First i have no idea how it broke i did everything the guide said and even practiced. Second since i was only inside him for at most a min was i exposed. Third since the tear was on the side and not the top does that still mean the condom was somewhat effected. Forth sincec i was not fullly inside of him does that elimiate the possbility of infection. Please help totally scared here.

Thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 06:08:53 am »
Ual,

So the condom broke but the top was intact yes? Well buddy in that case I'd say you were protected in terms of HIV transmission.

Now if you want, you can get tested in three months time but I'm all but certain you'll test negative. You might want to ask for a full STD screen (which will include an HIV test) too. I say this because all sexually active people should have a full screen performed at least once a year. Twice is better.

You might want to go over the proper use of condoms to prevent future breakages. They must be in date latex condoms and you must always use water based lubricant. Anything containing oils can cause breakages.

Now you've been with us for a while so you should be aware that you won't be allowed to post obsessively about this. I've answered your question, you should take my advice and move on.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 10:17:50 am »
If the condom had really failed you would have known it because it would have ended up looking like a fringed hula hoop on your dick.

I agree with Matty that with the head of your penis covered you still had an essentially protected incident. If you want to be absolutely certain about this incident then as he suggested go ahead and test at 13 weeks and collect what I would certainly expect would be a negative result.

And if you are repeated withdrawing during intercourse to anxiously check the condition of the condom then you might give some thought to seeing a counselor or other professional to discuss the matter. Sounds like an unwarranted level of anxiety in the situation. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline ualguy

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2008, 03:41:16 pm »
Thanks for your replays,

I gues i just have two questions:

1. The tear was along the side not the top. Since this top was tottally intact can i assume there is really no worry for HIV.

2. What could i have done wrong to have a tear in the side of the condom. I am worried that i am doing somthing worng and this could happen again

Take Care

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008, 08:27:12 pm »
We've already told you the risk was minimal since it appears your urethra remained covered even though there was tear on the side of the condom. So getting test is simply a wise precaution. And yes, we do continue to expect you to test negative.

Why did the condom tear? You did mention that you pulled out a number of times. Maybe that caused it to tear. Perhaps the condom was outdated or not the proper size for you. Generally latex condoms are durable as long as they are put on properly. Your repeated insertions and withdrawals may have caused the break. This is only speculation on my part which I don't like doing. Just keep using them consistently and you'll do fine. Really.

Andy Velez

Offline ualguy

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2008, 12:29:31 am »
Hi,

Sorry to bother,

It seems like you are saying it was a possible risk, if so shouldnt i start PEP immediatly?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2008, 01:04:13 am »
Look this has gone on long enough you asked for advise and you got it, if you don't want to accept it then it's up to you..go ahead and get tested if that's what it's going to take to give you peace of mind.

If any of the experts here thought for one moment you had been put at risk they would have told you from the very beginning..trust me they do not mess around.

Your incident took place in July 2006, if you were put at risk for HIV then you would have been put on PEP with 72 hours of exposure..not 18 months later...so to answer your question..No you do not have to start PEP immediately

I doubt we can be of any more help to you, I think you need to seek counseling ..so either move on or risk having a ban placed on you, pleased consider yourself warned.

Jan.

Offline ualguy

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 01:34:05 am »
Actually this event occured last night less then 24 hours ago. I have keeped one thread since i started to ask questions, this did not occure in 2006 but rahter last night. I thought it was the policy of this board to keep one thread per person. I think you may have misread my post and are refferinig to what happend in 2006. Hence i do not think being warned is fair.

As a gay male not out to anyone all i have is this board to turn to.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 01:46:13 am »
My apoplogies, I failed to see your recent question, and you are right, you should keep all your questions in your original post.

From what you have described I don't think you have been put at risk, as Andy stated the urethra remained covered, but in light of your anxieties regarding HIV then maybe you should get tested...if only for peace of mind, because this is going to drive you mad..but I fully expect your results to come back negative.

Jan

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 02:04:43 am »
Actually UAL given you have been with us since 2006 you should know that PEP is not warranted in your case. If I were in your position I wouldn't even bother testing - I'd consider myself protected. But if you feel the need to test, go ahead. Remember though you're testing over a technicality here.

You're once more allowing your disproportionate fear of HIV infection confound your commonsense.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 07:59:40 am »
I've just re-read your entire thread.

My opinion about this latest incident is like Matty's -- that testing is strictly for your peace of mind.

But I do see a pattern in your concerns that suggests to me you ought to see a counselor or other professional and talk about your concerns.

As I've said previously I expect you to come out of this latest incident ok as far as HIV is concerned. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.