Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:34:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773266
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 327
Total: 329

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Itchy Skin .... HIV Symptoms?  (Read 76602 times)

Offline worried_one

Itchy Skin .... HIV Symptoms?
« on: August 26, 2006, 08:11:31 am »
My background is almost identical with most of the people that posted their concerns and questions here.

I visited a massage parlor on 9th Aug 2006 and was given unprotected oral sex for less than 30sec and later had protected vagina sex.

Soon after the session (on that day) , i felt my flow strength of my urine has
reduced but I wasn't very concern about it. The symptoms continue , on 15th Aug 2006 I started having urge to urinate more frequent (every 2 hours) and feeling thirsty most of the time and drink more frequent than usual due to the thirst.

10 days after the exposure, I have itchy rashes on my thigh and the other area that doesn't have rashes also felt itchy (face, neck, chest, abdomen).

I went to see a GP about my urge to urine frequently and diagnosed as urethra infection on the 11th days after exposed.

Up to today (17 days after the exposure) i still have itch on the face, neck and sometime on the abdomen (again no rashes found)

Am I infected by HIV already? As I have read a lot on the internet that most of the HIV infected people will have itchy skin because of the CD4 reduced.

I am very worried. Could the itch caused by my anxiety?

Help!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Itchy Skin .... HIV Symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 08:20:21 am »
worried,

Itchy skin is most certainly not a symptom of primary hiv infection. Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing anyway.

You have NOT had a risk of hiv infection. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk and neither is intercourse with a condom. Condoms have been proven to be very effective when it comes to preventing hiv transmission.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will prevent hiv transmission. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worried_one

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 02:42:06 am »
Ann,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I have taken the blood test for STD and HIV on the 14th days after the exposure and the result will be out in the next couple of days. If the result is negative, do I need to continue with a follow up test on the 6th weeks and 13th weeks?

My only worry is that the result will come out positive :-[ , I just don't want the be the first "lucky" one to be infected from receiving a blow job.

Worried_one

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 04:22:25 am »
Worried,

You will not need further hiv testing over this incident because nothing you did put you at risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline worried_one

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 04:31:34 am »
Ann,

I really appreciate your prompt feedback on my question. I was wondering whether it is a good idea for those people that has oral sex as their only exposure to post their tested HIV results under a thread (though might need moderator to screen through first) that will definitely put all other people anxiety to rest. Let the data speaks for itself.

Worried One

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 04:37:59 am »
Worried,

I don't think a special thread is needed because the majority of posters we have here test negative. All you have to do is read the threads.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 08:01:17 am »
In my opinion having a special section for those results wouldn't work the way you think it would.

Most of the time each person who comes here worried is certain they are going to be the exception to the rule and there is something "different" about what they are reporting. Having a stack of negative results isn't likely to change that idea.

Andy Velez

Offline worried_one

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 08:20:14 am »
Ann, Andy,

I think you are right. People that post their questions and worries here are looking for more than a stack of negative results. Anxiety and stress can really affects a person's thinking a lot.

I have tried to convince myself that I am not at risk but there are times that I freaked out myself with all those pessimistic thought.

I just hope that mine won't come out positive later.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 08:57:34 am »
In the history of the epidemic, and we're talking uncountable trillions of blowjobs, there's never been a documented case of transmission to someone getting one. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

And condoms provide very effective protection so you're ok on the intercourse issue as well.

I don't see any reason based in HIV science to doubt that you will test negative.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline worried_one

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 09:15:59 am »
Andy,

Thank you, looking at your comment put my mind at ease. I also have no intention to make history from this event  :P . I will post my 2 weeks result when i have it, soon. But do you think i should take the 6 weeks or 12 weeks test? The 2 weeks test was requested by my GP earlier to detect what STD is causing my infection.

Offline worried_one

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 02:19:27 am »
Ann / Andy,

What if I am infected with gonorrhea from this exposure? Won't it increase the risk of me getting infected with HIV too even though it is insertive oral sex? I am almost going crazy when I think about that possibility. This is my biggest mistake of my whole life.... :-[

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 03:16:54 am »
Worried,

It IS possible to get other STI's from oral sex such as Gono or Chlamydia, but NOT HIV.

There is considerable science behind this and the transmission vectors required.  HIV is not an easy virus to transmit whereas Chla and Gono are much more robust bacteria.

So the answer remains NO, you will not get HIV from oral sex, but DO get checked for other sexually transmitted infections if you didn't already at Day 17. 

Sae.
Meh.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 05:10:11 am »
Worried,

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv transmission and infection, period.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 06:14:48 am »
Worried,

Maybe you have scabies.

Maybe you have the heartbreak of psoriasis.

You don't have HIV infection since about 100,000,000,000,000,000 other guys would have gotten it before you if blow jobs were a transmission mode.  25 years into the HIV pandemic we know how people catch the virus and, in your case, how they don't. 

See a dermatologist and if no cause is found, maybe try a psychiatrist.

Good luck,

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 09:15:33 am »
If you have any persistent symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor.

Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HiV because you didn't do anything that put you at risk. No kidding.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline worried_one

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 01:10:05 am »
I have received my test result for HIV, Chlam, Gono, Syphilis, HSV. All turned out negative.
I have also finished 10th days of Doxycycline treatment.

Should I continue the test at 6th weeks and 12th weeks for HIV?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 01:31:37 am »
Since you didn't have a risk for HIV transmission, you don't need to test for it at all.

MtD

Offline worried_one

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 01:56:34 am »
Just curious whether there were any reported case of HIV infection through oral sex from this forum? or this site?
I have read some other thread (though I am not suppose to), I was shocked and puzzled that how a protected sex could lead to HIV infection  ??? unless the infected person wasn't aware of his status prior of this incident....just my 2 cents.

Anyway, I am not sure if I should tested again at 6th weeks since 2nd weeks negative result is not conclusive, right?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 02:00:40 am »
Worried,

This is one of these situations where you shouldn't worry about other people's threads. I know the thread you're referring to and it's being looked into by our Moderators.

The information we have given you is sound. You don't need to worry.

MtD

Offline worried_one

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 04:00:42 am »
MTD, Thanks.

I forgot to mentioned that I started to have mild muscle pain occasionally (few times/day) at my bisep, trisep, thigh and joint pain at my finger, wrist, arm, knee and ankle (it is like whole body is aching) 2 weeks after the exposure. I have checked with doctor but cannot diagnose the cause of it. Everytime the mild pain "strikes" me, it just kept painting the picture in my mind that I am infected with HIV and this is one of the symptoms. Other than this mild pain and itchy rashes, I also tends to feel very cold in the morning (checked ear temperature at 35.8 C and room temperature was at 26 C). My body temperature usually average at 36.5 C.

Could all this pain caused by or side effect of the Doxycycline that I took for 10 days since 20th Aug even I have stop taking it for a week? Anyone has this experience before???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 07:38:57 am »
If you are having pain see your doctor. It's not related to HIV.

Offline worried_one

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 09:28:46 am »
My body is recovering from the muscle and joint pain.

Some questions :
1) usually for ARS, will the swallon lymph node be painful all the time or is it on and off?
2) Will ARS have any connection with thyroid?
3) I have tested negative at 2nd weeks earlier, should I test at 6th weeks?

Thanks in advance....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 09:48:37 am »
What are you being tested for? It certainly wouldn't be HIV, you didn't have a risk.

Offline worried_one

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 09:53:01 am »
I have tested for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HSV, Syphilis and HIV. All turned up negative for the 2nd week test.

Offline worried_one

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 09:33:27 am »
Ann / Andy / Rod,

I am suspecting the itchy skin, the pain and also my sleep disorder issue (not mentioned earlier) could be due to thyroid problem (fueled by my stress and anxiety) as all the symptoms pointed to that area. Anyway, I will consult my doctor on this issue.

Before I end this post, I will be going back and seeing my wife soon, is it ok for me to have unprotected sex with my wife? Or should I do another test first? I am same as most of the people posting here, that we don't want to infect our love one with this virus.

Need your advice on this....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 09:36:32 am »
worried,

As you never had a risk to begin with, you can have all the sex with your wife you want.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worried_one

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 09:43:04 am »
Ann, Rod, Andy and all that have contributed to this forum,

Thank you for all the advice and you all have given hope and free our mind of
unnecessary "mental breakdown".

Without you, we would have been lost in the darkness alone....

:D

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006, 11:59:58 am »
Good. Get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline worried_one

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 11:21:07 pm »
Just would like to post my 7.5 weeks HIV test result : Negative.

Thank you everyone.

Offline worried_one

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 03:54:51 am »
It is possible that my 7.5 weeks result will change?

Started 3 weeks ago, i have pain at my neck, armpit and groin intermittently. Could that caused by HIV?
Do I need to take a test now?

Help...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 04:24:24 am »
You did not have a risk. If you are having symptoms and are concerned see your doctor.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 07:18:52 am »
worried,

Your 7.5 week negative result is not going to change. You did not have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline worried_one

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 09:23:18 am »
Upto now, the pain in still there and I just developed a fever (reached 38.4 Deg C). I am very worry that I am infected. How does lymph node pain feels like? Does it comes and goes? Help....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 09:26:23 am »
Whatever your problem is, it is unrelated to HIV. See your doctor.

Offline worried_one

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 08:48:54 am »
Thanks everyone, just to post my 6 months test result - negative.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 10:17:27 am »
No surprise getting that result, and hopefully that will put the issue to rest. Especially since you weren't ever at risk to begin with.

It's time to get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.