Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:00:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 351
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Classic Convinced Case  (Read 11447 times)

Offline some_gurl

Classic Convinced Case
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:47:29 pm »
So a couple weeks ago I did something really stupid,
after telling myself i would not have unprotected sex again,
I did and now i am suffering.

A couple weeks ago I was in thailand and met a young boy that served food at a beach rest,
we had unprotected sex a few times.. normally i wouldnt have done that in a country such as thailand..
but he said he was a virgin.. and "at the time" i didnt see a reason of why he would lie about that...
now i am double guesssing if he was lying or not because ive developed some symtoms, and i think his mom and sister worked in the 'industry'

*note* he did not finish inside me
but one night i drank a lil too much and therfore was not very self-lubricated.. could this cause small tears..
and put me at risk with his precum? if i orgasmed does it increase the risk?
is the high HIV rate mainly umong sex workers or do i have a good reason to be worried.
Is the Viral strains in t-land different than the average n.america.. ie pass over easier.. more aggresive?

I have severe body aches and daily headaches the last few days that bother me in the night and dont go away even with strong advil + tyenol
off and on stomache cramping/upset
maybe 2-4 swollen, non painful,  L.nodes on kneck and groin
somewhat red throat/tonsils
no fever, no rash, no sores, no thrush

tomorrow i am going to go to the clinic and ask for a viral load test,
and an antibody..although i know itd probably be to early for that

does it sound like a for-sure at risk case?
my body aches a common symptom?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:27:06 pm by some_gurl »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Classic Convinced Case
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:24:20 pm »
Gurl,

Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms will never tell you anything about your hiv status - only the appropriate testing will. Viral load testing is NOT approved for diagnostic purposes as it has a high rate of FALSE positives and you don't want that.

The earliest you should test is at six weeks as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by then. A negative result MUST be confirmed at the end of the three month window period. You have had a risk and you do need to test.

No matter what you think you know about a person, you need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:02:03 pm »
Does viral load testing also create many false negatives, or if i test negative on this test after about 2 weeks from exposure would it in fact mean i am ngtv..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:10:56 pm »
Gurl,

Any test - including VL - that returns a negative must STILL be confirmed with antibody testing at the end of the three month window period.

Save yourself some money (VL testing is expensive) and possibly some grief (if you get a false positive) and forget about using a non-approved test. Antibody testing is all you need.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 12:30:35 pm »
Thank you for your reply,
I will talk more with the clinic and see my options,
either way if im retesting down the road i would like to get a viral load test now incase it in fact shows a true positive, and in canada i dont pay for any medical fees or testing so i might as well test for both when they draw the blood.

could anyone shed any light on some of my other questions?

thank you for your time
sG

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 12:53:51 pm »
VL testing is not approved for diagnostic use. It's a monitoring test used for people that are infected with HIV to see how HIV is or is not progressing.

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:27:18 pm »
VL testing is not approved for diagnostic use. It's a monitoring test used for people that are infected with HIV to see how HIV is or is not progressing.

why cant it be used for diagnostic purposes? Doesnt it just test for HIV?
or is it because of the false positives it can produce?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
Just as I described the test to you, it is not approved as diagnostic test. You want to test, take an MEIA (ELISA) test. That is the proper test to diagnose HIV.

Offline some_gurl

HIV and Confid.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 01:49:44 pm »
hello,
i was just wondering, when someone is diagnosed as positive it goes in thier premanent health record file right.
who can gave access to this, can it affect future careers or travels ie can someone ask for records when entering into countries or starting a new job. or is that case specific..depends on the country/job..better yet have you heard of this happening..
also if someone is hospitalized for an AIDS related illnesss do the doctors have to tell your family or emergenct contact of your HIV status.
thnx

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »
ohh ok i get it,
it detedcts HIV viral loads,
but clinics wont use it as your first test.. right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 03:52:52 pm »
gurl,

I removed the thread you posted in the Living forum and merged it with your thread here. I suggest you read and abide by our posting guidelines found in the Welcome Thread. You should not be posting anywhere other than your thread here in Am I Infected. Please consider yourself warned.

No, here in the UK anyway, they will not use the VL test for diagnostic purposes, mainly because of the risk of false positives but also because of the high cost. I suspect it is similar in Canada.

Unfortunately, there are no short-cuts when it comes to finding out your hiv status. As I said to you above, even if you do get a negative VL result, you are still not in the clear until you've tested negative at three months on an antibody test.

It's easier to make sure condoms are being used, rather than going through all this.

The earliest you should test is at six weeks, with a standard antibody test. Keep yourself productively busy and stay off hiv internet sites while you wait for your test and the time will go quicker than you can imagine.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 03:56:44 pm »

The earliest you should test is at six weeks, with a standard antibody test. Keep yourself productively busy and stay off hiv internet sites while you wait for your test and the time will go quicker than you can imagine.

Ann

yea a good tip for sure at this point ;)
i should try that..

as for posting in a different thread,
i thought it was ok since it is a different topic ie. not am i infected,
but in fact a general Q
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:59:07 pm by some_gurl »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 04:20:23 pm »
You've already had the basics covered and know what you have to do.

What you also need to remember for the future is that mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is a very, very dangerous combination. You can have intercourse with anyone you want to as long as the insertive partner is always without exception wearing a latex condom. It's as simple as that. Because everytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk.

And as you've been told, keep all of your entries in this same thread.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 04:32:47 pm »

as for posting in a different thread,
i thought it was ok since it is a different topic ie. not am i infected,
but in fact a general Q

Gurl,

If you'd read the Welcome thread like I asked you to - and like you're supposed to before posting - you would understand that the other forums are meant for people who actually do have a hiv diagnosis. We do not allow people who are questioning their status to post in those forums as you have your own forum. Please make sure you read, understand and abide by our posting guidelines. They are not negotiable. Thank you for your cooperation.

There's no point in worrying about confidentiality concerns until you've actually tested postiive. You're putting the cart before the horse.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 02:54:40 am »
hello,
just waiting for my test results,
i was wondering if it is possible for someone to answer 'any' of my questions when they get the time?
thank u v.much.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 03:05:17 am »
I beg your pardon?

hello,
i was wondering if it is possible for someone to answer 'any' of my questions when they get the time?
thank u v.much.

Your internets must not be working correctly. When I re-read this thread I see that all of your concerns have been addressed correctly and civilly.

MtD

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 03:24:09 am »
I beg your pardon?

hello,
thank u v.much.

Your internets must not be working correctly. When I re-read this thread I see that all of your concerns have been addressed correctly and civilly.

MtD

*note* he did not finish inside me
but one night i drank a lil too much and therfore was not very self-lubricated.. could this cause small tears?
and put me at risk with his precum, or aftercum? if i orgasmed does it increase the risk?
is the high HIV rate mainly umong sex workers or do i have a good reason to be worried?
Is the Viral strains in t-land different than the average n.america.. ie pass over easier.. more aggresive?

I have severe body aches and daily headaches the last few days that bother me in the night and dont go away even with strong advil + tyenol
off and on stomache cramping/upset
maybe 2-4 swollen, non painful,  L.nodes on kneck(big) and groin(small)
somewhat red throat/tonsils
no fever, no rash, no sores, no thrush

does it sound like a for-sure at risk case?
my body aches a common symptom?

&
...i was just wondering, when someone is diagnosed as positive it goes in thier premanent health record file right.
who can gave access to this? can it affect future careers or travels ie can someone ask for records when entering into countries or starting a new job. or is that case specific..depends on the country/job..better yet have you heard of this happening..?
also if someone is hospitalized for an AIDS related illnesss do the doctors have to tell your family or emergency contact of your HIV status?

thank you
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:31:08 am by some_gurl »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 05:04:06 am »
gurl,

If "small tears" occured, I would think you would have known because of the pain.

You orgasming does not put you at greater or lesser risk - it makes no difference.

The rate of hiv is high among people who have unprotected intercourse. The ONLY "risk group" that really exists is the group of people who have unprotected intercourse with people of unknown hiv status.

I haven't a clue what you're asking about "viral strains in T-land". eh?

We cannot tell you what your hiv status is going by symptoms. They could be the symptoms of any one of hundreds of illnesses. The ONLY way to know your hiv status is to TEST.

Hiv status is confidential in most places. If you want to know the laws governing the disclosure of hiv status where you live, I suggest you ask your local ASO.

The bottom line here is that you have had a risk and you do need to test. Stop wasting time on speculation - go get tested and get it over with.

You've been told twice now about posting in threads and forums where you shouldn't be. Do it a third time and you will be given a time out. Please abide by our posting guidelines.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 05:29:39 pm »
hello, thank you for your reply.

what i  mean abut different strains in tland, is thailand is supposed to have different subtypes that are more common, and easily spread through heterosexual contact, w or w.out tears, one time or not, etc. didnt know if this is true or a theory.

anyways i am waiting for my results and pretty much 95% sure i have it, if it wasnt for the body aches i wouldnt be so convinced but there arent many other ilnesses that have migratory body aches, headache, lymph., w.out fever. or ANY. doc said its def something viral. and this really sux. all i can think about is how stupid i am and its karma.

iwell,
ll sure ill post w my results when i get them,
ttyl :'(

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 05:45:51 pm »
No strain of HIV is more transmissible than another. HIV is difficult to transmit because it's a fragile virus.

As Ann suggested to you earlier, why don't you try doing something productive whilst you wait for your results rather than combing the internet obsessively for answers which simply are not there?

MtD

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 05:00:25 am »
No strain of HIV is more transmissible than another. HIV is difficult to transmit because it's a fragile virus.

As Ann suggested to you earlier, why don't you try doing something productive whilst you wait for your results rather than combing the internet obsessively for answers which simply are not there?

MtD
why dont i do something productive? i found that info weeks ago when i  first started this thread,
i am now back on this site because when ppl post replies it shows in my hotmail,
but thnx for the advice and kind words..im pretty sure i already know its not going to help my my sit to search

annd as for the subtype question, i wasnt talking about strains...as in 1 or 2.. but something completely different....
here i will find that article again i read aways back.....

There are many sub-types of HIV virus, HIV subtype A, subtype B, and on thru subtype F, plus a subtype O, much like hepatitus has hep-A, hep-B, etc., and this may make HIV in Thailand significantly different from HIV in the west.

In general, it is common for a particular kind of virus (common flu viruses and others) to have different strains, some of which are much more easily transmitted than others.

In Thailand, the primary means of transmission of HIV is by heterosexual sex, overwhelmingly HIV subtype E. A second group is intravenous drug users (IDU's), most of whom are infected with HIV subtype B, the subtype most common in western homosexuals and IDU's, and which is apparently difficult to transmit heterosexually

In the west, the prevalent HIV subtype B has as its primary means of transmission: anal sex (due to the abrasions of an unlubricated and tight tract which give the virus access to the blood), intravenous drug use (needle sharing between drug users), blood transfusions, hemophilia (people who need blood transfusions and who got donated blood with HIV before the hospitals could detect HIV), and with heterosexual transmission accounting for only about 10% of all cases. Subtype E is found in only a tiny minority of cases in the west, and is often traceable to travellers from Thailand

For more than 20 years, Thailand has had HIV subtypes B and E. However, it is subtype E which has taken off in the heterosexual population. This has suggested that there are significantly different degrees of contagiousness between the two subtypes as regards heterosexual transmission.

Subsequent studies have confirmed that HIV subtype E is more contagious than subtype B for heterosexuals, and there doesn't seem to be any significant disagreement about that, but there is disagreement about how much more contagious subtype E is -- from less than twice as contagious to 50 times as contagious, or maybe something in-between.

Based on research studies, scientists have found that subtype E attacks the Langerhans cells (LC) exceptionally well, particularly those located on the penis foreskin and in genital mucosa, with HIV subtype E infecting and reproducing itself multiple times more quickly than other strains of HIV. Subtype B prevalent in the US and Europe doesn't seem to have ever had (or possibly lost) the same viral sequences as subtype E for transmission this way.
http://www.thailandguru.com/hiv-aids-thailand.html
http://www.avert.org/hivtypes.htm

.. Two studies led by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health found that people infected with HIV in Thailand die from the disease significantly sooner than those with HIV living in other parts of the world. According to the researchers, the shorter survival time measured in the studies suggests that HIV subtype E, which is the most common HIV subtype in Thailand, may be more virulent than other subtypes of the virus. Both studies are published in a special issue of the journal AIDS, the offical journal of the International AIDS Society.( http://www.jhsph.edu/publichealthnews/press_releases/2007/nelson_hiv_survival.html )
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 05:11:00 am by some_gurl »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 05:21:05 am »
Yairs.

Clearly you have issues that extend beyond what we can provide.

I'm referring this thread to the Moderators for review.

MtD

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 05:31:59 am »
Yairs.

Clearly you have issues that extend beyond what we can provide.

I'm referring this thread to the Moderators for review.

MtD
haha ok,
i have issues?
why because i wanted to provide you with some insight and knowledge about hiv you clearly didnt know before?
u didnt know there were more transmissable and virulent strains b4, and know you do
clearly u dont like to be proven wrong and it has nothing to with my post, it takes 2 minutes of my time to copy and paste that info for you..not really a big deal.
instead of making a comment on the info i just provided to you, you threaten me??
i think it would b more beneficial to educate yourself on the different types of hiv all over the world, and their characteristics, instead of just the common ones in n.america,
especially since you are one of the people we are coming to for info.
because clearly there are ones starting to show there face here that are a more cause of concern and can be passed by one interaction, and w no blood gateway
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 05:34:42 am by some_gurl »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 07:11:04 am »
No one has ever found a pure form of subtype E Some_girl. It would help if you understood what you read before you posted.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 08:55:06 am »
Gurl,

The information you bring here is largely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what subtype you're talking about, there are two constants. One, condoms prevent hiv transmission. Two, antibody testing is the way to find out your hiv status. These two constants do not change depending on subtype.

You're wasting your time (and ours) searching this stuff out and posting it here or anywhere else for that matter. The bottom line in your case is that you have had a risk, and ONLY hiv testing will tell you if you are now hiv positive. No amount of reading things on the internet (and by the way, that guru site is way dodgy) will tell you your status. ONLY testing at the appropriate time with the appropriate test will.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 05:46:08 pm »
Gurl,

The information you bring here is largely irrelevant. It doesn't matter what subtype you're talking about, there are two constants. One, condoms prevent hiv transmission. Two, antibody testing is the way to find out your hiv status. These two constants do not change depending on subtype.

You're wasting your time (and ours) searching this stuff out and posting it here or anywhere else for that matter. The bottom line in your case is that you have had a risk, and ONLY hiv testing will tell you if you are now hiv positive. No amount of reading things on the internet (and by the way, that guru site is way dodgy) will tell you your status. ONLY testing at the appropriate time with the appropriate test will.

Ann

im sorry ann but i think this is TOTALLY RELEVANT,
if i encountered a subtype of hiv that is more virulent and easily tranmissable  my possibilty for infection is higher,
which is why i came to this board to talk about my level of risk...and just to talk about it in general since i have noone else to talk to.. i already know i was at risk and need to get tested.. I HADE UNPROTECTED SEX...kinda  no brainer.

i also think it is relevant posting that info on this board,...for other people reading it as well.
because when people ask questions about thier level of risk for a one time encounter,
or even "oral sex" many of you say the risk is low.especially for a guy. but if they encountered this subtype... their risk is higher! even from one time oral sex.
so i really think it would be beneficial for all (since others cant post here and answer questions) if you guys read up on virus subtypes and their current characteristics/virulent ability. after all viruses can change over time and one should keep up to date on it...especially with more studies and info coming out on it.

if you dont like the link i provided, search hiv subtypes in google there is lots of medical journals on it. subtyoe b is the common one found in n.america.. and subtype E is the one more in asia/africa

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 05:52:10 pm »
How would it benefit anyone else when you didn't understand what you posted? It doesn't matter what subtype someone contracts. The ELISA and Rapid tests will detect the antibodies. As you have been told and if you would have read what you posted you would see that there are no true E subtypes. They are CRF subtypes which all tests detect.

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 05:58:11 pm »
How would it benefit anyone else when you didn't understand what you posted? It doesn't matter what subtype someone contracts. The ELISA and Rapid tests will detect the antibodies. As you have been told and if you would have read what you posted you would see that there are no true E subtypes. They are CRF subtypes which all tests detect.
because im not here to talk about the antibody test
or ask if the test picks up all types
i dont care about the stupid tests at this point,
i took it and im waiting for the results

im here to talk about what level of possibilty i am at of getting infected
what my risk LEVEL is at
even if i only had oral sex with no vag my risk of infection is still higher then the n.american subtype
in which many of you reply oral sex is no risk in some cases/no need for testing /etc
encountering a more virulent/trans type puts you at 'greater risk' when compared to one of less
THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPE OF HIV SOME MORE VIRULENT SOME MORE TRANSMISSABLE what dont u guys get about what i am trying to get accross here??? its not so black and white like u make it sound
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:03:03 pm by some_gurl »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 06:04:49 pm »
Gurl, you're looking to quantify your risk and that simply isn't going to happen, at least not here.

Your getting out of patience with the answers you've received is not going to get you a reliable test result any sooner nor an answer that is going to percentage-wise quantify your risk level. We don't do that here.

You are also adamantly taking positions  about what's risky and what isn't. You're entitled to do that but we're not going to get into brawls with you about these issues. Whether you agree or not we know our business here and we've been at it for a long time.

Frankly your comments reek of a snotty attitude. If it wasn't for the fact that you did have a risk and are waiting to find out your test result, I would have given you a Time Out even before your latest posting. You need to lower the heat in your comments. Your being worried is understandable but it doesn't excuse bad manners.   
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:11:17 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline some_gurl

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 04:35:14 am »
well i got my first test results and they are def' easing. tested 4weeks after possible exposure.. with a negative result. I am going to get tested one more time to put me in the clear. should i do it now at about 8 weeks after, or wait till 10. my possible exposure was may 20

i just want to say to others who may be reading this and wondering if they are infected. by far the worst thing u can do is search the internet and self diagnos on symptoms alone. it will only make u go insane, i was so completely convinced i contracted hiv i began planning my next 10 years carefully... only because of all these symptoms that 'can' also be symptomatic of serconversion..but dont foregt as well as 'many' other viruses. AND mainly STRESS will bring on lots of these as well. When i developed White toungue it really did it in for me and i cried in the bath for almost an hr convinced it was thrush. i still have alot of these symptoms.. white toungue (and occasional mouth burning) body aches. but my nodes and headaches have gone down.
so.. as u heard it many times before USE A CONDOM.  the small amount of time u think that unprotected sex feels good, is not worth the months of self torture in anyway AT ALL. and believe me it is tortue and can become an obsession because of your self-guilt.
anyways, ill let u know my next results. i am optimistic they as well will be negative, although not fully convinced as im not past the window period.
thank u for the help,
and sorry for the previous attitude. i just think this is not a simple virus.
cheers.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 05:44:49 am »
Gurl,

There's no point in testing again until you can get a conclusive result at three months. Not eight weeks, not ten weeks - three months.

I really don't expect your result to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.