Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:44:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 215
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 5 Star 5 Diamond Excellence  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
5 Star 5 Diamond Excellence
« on: August 26, 2006, 01:34:12 pm »
Oh this was nice... Sometimes I really hate this,  like a half an hour ago...  I am riding the elevator with guests in the hotel.  All of the sudden without notice my body tells me "pottie break"... IN THE FUCKING ELEVATOR...??????

Well this is a first..  for me....  Sorry if I ruined anyones lunch...  This was like just terrible....  All the while I am looking at the numbers on the elevator to stop and the doors to open.....   I feel stupid, again...

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
Re: 5 Star 5 Diamond Excellence
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 01:37:52 pm »
ok, here goes another one of ignorance...What is a "pottie break"?  :-[

Aex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 01:39:50 pm »
Did you have to get off at Floor number 1, number 2, or by lord... number 3??
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 01:41:58 pm »
My Dear Eric,

Welcome to the reality of HAART.  You need to ask Joe about how to use those neat rubber bands they place on the vegetables in the supermarket.  They seem to work well to "blouse" your pants cuffs, so you don't leak out all over the floor.  Yee ha.  Too much information isn't it?

Don't worry my dear, it will happen again, and ...... again...... and hopefully, someday, you can balance it out with diet.  It worked for me, and still does, but only when I am very fastidious about what I eat.

Sorry buddy, this too shall pass.

In Love, and blinded by the aroma of reality. ;)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Cliff

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 02:17:03 pm »
ok, here goes another one of ignorance...What is a "pottie break"?  :-[

Aex
Needing to go to the bathroom (to urinate/defecate).....(orinar/defecar).

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 02:34:08 pm »
Well I dont get the rubber bands aspect, but in time, I will.   One of the guys in the elevator was like "sniffing" you know?   I was just going to turn around on him and say "Yeah,  I shit my pants, hows your day sir?"  But being the polite fuck that I am, I did'nt... :(

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 02:37:12 pm »
Dear Moffie, "this too shall pass" is perhaps not the choice phrase under the circumstances  :D

Eric, I chucked my neds once on the commuter train, it was the other end but still, er, highly aromatic. Nothing like wiping your face on your coat n realising it's rice pudding, plus I splashed this very proper woman's skirt.  I was hoping the train would pull into the station so I could get off before I spewed my guts by no do's.  I did manage to be kinda neat n vom in the bin (mostly). I could see all the people looking at me n thining "druggie".  Some truth there I guesss  ;)

Moffie has a good point re diet. I am gonna post this page as link cos it's got lots of useful suggestions, esp. the fibre bits.

(PS - Prada 3/4 length mac, very handy)

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 03:54:41 pm »
Thank you Cliff...

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 03:56:36 pm »
Thanks Matt....  I will look more into the diet... William always reminds me when I eat bad stuff.  Hes a health nut to the max... My brain still says I can, but my tummy says otherwise..  I think my tummy is winning so I will give into the powers that I just experienced in public... lol...  Don't get me wrong I got the Activa, the Metamucil, the smoothies and all that... But I get tired of having dinner thru a straw...  Yes I am over dramatising... But that's me....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 03:59:39 pm »
Eric, love, try high fiber foods.  I eat a lot of high fiber cereals with whole grain.  I find that the more grass and leaves I eat, the more I tend to run to the bathroom.  So, I have been eating more high fiber stuff, also rice is good.

Dang, I sure hope it gets better love.  Not easy dealing with something like that... plus the humiliation of it all is just as bad.

*hugs*
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline bear60

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 04:10:04 pm »
Sorry to hear of your "Aisle 8"......now that you have actually experienced one, let me ask if you have been trying to eat a diet that minimizes these events and do you keep stuff handy (like immodium) for these emergencies?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 04:11:04 pm »
Well I dont get the rubber bands aspect, but in time, I will.    :(

Well, Eric, no time like the present.

Last year, while shopping in his supermarket in Miami, Killfoile/Joe, had the same urgency that came over you and with his very quick mind, ran over to the vegetables, ripped off two of those very stout blue or purple rubber bands that hold the veggies together, and also now have their UPC code on them; quickly placed them over the cuffs of his pants, and viola, no leakage around the shoes, and onto the floor of the produce section.  Needless to say, this is a total emergency solution, and for me, I like to be proactive with the diet, as I have been in the same perdicament as you both.

I hope this turns on the lights about the rubber bands, and from now on, save those buggers, and keep them handy when you are out of the house.

In Love and still aromatically challenged.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 04:26:16 pm »
I gotcha Tim!!  Its like my rubbers I use when I am riding my bike!  I will keep them close by!  Thank god my experience was just a little oopsie and not a gusher where certainly the rubber bands would work just brilliantly..  You know, I would not have known this unless I posted this humiliation... hehehe

This is about how I felt - http://www.freeonlinegames.com/play/2007.html

My your Pottie be close by.. ;D

Love

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 05:01:12 pm »
Ask your doctor for a prescription of Pancrecarb -- it changed my life! 

Worst experience:  explosive diarrhea attack on a subway platform in NYC.  Traumatized me for life.

Now that I'm on fuzeon and TMC-114 my poops are FAB!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Christine

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 07:40:06 pm »
Hi Eric,
So far my explosive situations have only been at home. I am sure in time it will hit out in public. The fun things we have to look forward to. So far my greatest challenge is keeping the four dogs out of all of it while I am cleaning it up...now that is a great Saturday night!  ;)

Big hugs to you!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 07:45:44 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:15:49 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 08:13:45 pm »
OH MY GOD!!!!

The situation itself is pretty unconfortable, but the way you managed it was simply awesome :D :D

Alex

Poz since Jul 19 2006
Looking for my Ben....

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 08:56:46 pm »
Here is a list of fiber rich foods- http://www.soystache.com/fiber.htm#fibertable

I have a whole grain waffle for breakfast everyday with oatmeal and flaxseed that I add.  I think adding flax and oatmeal to anything is great...

Of course beans rule, however if the fiber don't help, things could get explosive...

Andrew

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 08:58:22 pm »
Oh just turn around and look at the parties closest to you and say, "How Rude." You could say, I'm sorry but what kind of cologne are you wearing? If they answer you, just say, "It smells like essence of assholes." ;)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 10:44:04 pm »
Eric, sorry to hear that IT happened to you in the Elevator. Definitely look into changing your diet. Aptiva works great for me.

Have the BEST Day.

Offline Robert

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 11:46:29 pm »
It's happenes to us all.  Most noticably I get my attacks when I'm walking the dogs.  All I can do is hope there is a bush nearby.

Alex... it's one of the side-effects of the meds.  I see you started your meds tonight.  This won't happen to you just yet.  It takes awhile but be prepared.

robert

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 12:20:27 am »
Eric, et al,
I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I just went to a Chronic Diarrhea website to see if there were any insights to be gained. I realize your situation is not chronic, but it is disconcerting and inconvenient to say the least. I copied the post of a woman written to another person suffering distress similar to her own. It's lengthy, but offers some alternatives that might work or give you a backup plan until you can stabilize your diet, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have chronic, frequently incontinent diarrhea. My physician finally diagnosed it as "Severe Refractory Diarrhea Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome." Whatever. Although I refuse to give up all hope of eventually overcoming this affliction, I have lately been coming to terms with the realization that for however long, it is my reality and I have to find ways to cope rather than allow it to virtually end my life. I have been home bound for almost the whole past year since the situation has become more severe. All that time I kept hoping it would turn out to be due to a medication or a food allergy or something that I could control.
Yesterday I made the firm decision to fight back. Today I have been online looking at incontinence products. I already use Depends Adjustable Underwear. (Basically an adult diaper that you can pull up like underpants, but if you are in a bathroom situation where it is inconvenient to take off your pants, these have perforations in the hip areas that allow you to tear them down the sides and remove them that way. You can also tear them at the sides to put them on without taking your pants off. They have velcro-like tabs on the sides you can fasten them with if you need to use them that way. They are wonderful if you are in the unfortunate position of needing them. I am and I use them everyday.
There have been infrequent times when the volume was too much for them to contain and so I have been seeking out a waterproof panty that I can wear over them when I go out to make sure nothing can leak out. I found a place (llmedico.com) wear you can purchase exactly that. They also carry a swim product that you can wear in a pool that I plan to use to finally take advantage of the hot-tub I have been afraid to use the whole time we've had it.
I plan to pack an "incontinent bag" with extra diapers, moist wipes, a change of clothes, and plastic bags to contain anything that gets soiled. And I plan to go out to a movie with my husband.
I guess the point I want to make to you is don't let it end your life either. Certainly you should continue to try to find a "cure" or a treatment plan that works but don't wait around for it because it's actually possible that you won't find either.
There are some really excellent sources of information and support groups consisting of people sharing information and suggestions for coping that you can find on the internet. You'll be amazed to find out how many people are in exactly the position you are. I guess one of the main values of that is that it really does help to feel a little less like a freak.
Best of luck to you.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 09:32:12 am »
Thanks for making me feel human again...

I came home last night and Will gave me a big hug.  "Hows my poopie pants husband?"  "Ha ha, very funny Will!!"..  Then I jumped in the shower and got all nice and clean clean...

I know this is just a learning thing with my diet.  I attribute it to eating the hotels employee cafeteria foods...  Lovely place not to visit if your HIV INFECTED.   I have no intention of switching meds or anything like that.  I just have to swallow my pride and give my tum tum a break from dirty white trash food. 

Sorry If this is a strange thread, but, I don't hold back stuff when it happens...

Thanks for all the great stories and advise... I printed them up and Will is at the grocery store as we speak buying baby food, diapers, etc...

Love to you ALL,

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 09:55:35 am »
Hi guys  luckily I never had a reaction to my drugs like that, just a  7 day body rash. Though when I eat at a greasy spoon ( not uncommon in NYC) I do get the runs. Out of curiosity when your doctors precribe these meds  with this side effect, do they get you to see a nutritionist?
 Are you advised that whith this side effect you should get suppliments  such containing electolytes?
 Just wondering?
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Teresa

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 11:35:48 pm »
((((((((((ERIC))))))))

Big hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Blixer

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 11:45:48 pm »
Eric,  Sorry to hear about your incident.  I was wondering if this side effect seems to be worse for those on the PI meds.  I'm on sustiva and I've had a couple of minor incidents and a couple of "get to the bathroom quick" type of things.  But never anything major yet.  And I pretty much eat anything I want to.  I think I could even handle the dirty white trash food.  LOL

Good luck with keeping the control you need!!!

Hugs my friend!
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 11:53:01 pm »
Teresa, David - I am laughing about it today... Yesterday it was all fuck this and fuck that...  Sooner or later I will learn.  I am pretty set in my ways, but hiv has made me change alot of things including the tum tum aspect...

Love

Offline babygirl17844

• trying to lose the gut and get back in shape
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 12:49:27 am »
((( HUGS))) Eric. when I first went on meds I didn't leave the house, could not take the potty with me, so I stayed with it and kept it company all the time. some of the posts had me laughing so hard I was in tears, you guys crack me up. anyway now days I never know what to expect. some days I go several times a day and 1 minutes its a rush there or make a mess and the next time it could be grip the sides its gonna be a rough ride. I want a dial I could set to the consistency I want or a dang shut off valve open when I am ready.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 05:47:14 am »
crapping(involuntarily)in your slacks is a life changing experience. You will always remember where and when it happened and live in fear of it occurring again

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 08:37:35 am »
Thanks for the ((HUGS)) BabyG!!!  I store them up for when I really really need them...

Jack, taking a dump in your pants aint nutin..  I will make the onlookers think twice about being in confined spaces with anyone..  Especially now that I have worked on the knee jerk,  facial tick and slurred speach..  Might as well make it an event for people that will change their lives for ever,  NOT MINE!   :D

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 10:10:11 am »
Oh shit, Eric........ ;D

I'am allowed to make this tasteless joke because I have been there myself, and yes, it still happens now and then, preferably when I am running my 3 miles.

What helped me tremendously is massage, often the bowel is overactive due to stress and a tight diaphragm. It still happens now and then but not so often anymore.

Hug

Coen

Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 12:22:24 pm »
Bowel massage sounds altogether kinky, Bobik.

Eric, Eric, Eric. All I could do with this information is laugh. Not because I felt uncomfortable, I don't. I just find it refreshing that one's humanity can be dealt with so plainly as you have expressed. People just don't understand at times and that seems the best opportunity to inject some education for those nearby. You go!

Kudos to you for maintaining such poise despite your untimely gastric events.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 12:24:50 pm »
oh god I am laughing! ;D ;D ;D

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 12:30:04 pm »
* wellington suddenly wonders if bowel massage caused the gastric distress.

No. I'll believe it's fibre related for now ;)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 12:31:59 pm »
Ill give anything a shot once... bowel massage... Yeah, thats the ticket...

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 03:39:33 pm »
Oh Eric, bless your heart honey....

I think we are all pretty familiar with this episode.   More than a few times I have driven 80 mph to get home in time, only to just barely 'not make it'.
Especially bad when you have only one bathroom and someone is already in it!   I learned to keep a bucket nearby....no kidding.

Glad you can laugh about it, that is really all any of us can do. (that a buy lots of underwear)

Hugs,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 04:18:45 pm »
crapping(involuntarily)in your slacks is a life changing experience. You will always remember where and when it happened and live in fear of it occurring again
yep

I also developed an anxiety disorder sometime thereafter and I'd never ever had panic attacks before.  I was just always anticipating that sudden feeling you get in public where your body is telling you there are 5 seconds until impending doom.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 12:38:43 am »
just when you think you have things under control,....here she comes,and it aint no fart,lol, howdy eric hows tricks?take care

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 12:56:47 am »
Eric,

Never, ever trust in a fart. I can totally empathise with the screaming shits experience. Have you tried imodium (loperamide)? Normally I can shit through the eye of a needle, so when I go out I take some before hand. Generally works very well for me.

MtD
(Who thinks diets are all well and good but chemicals are better) ;)

Offline alive2

• i guess im having a good day
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 01:24:42 am »
i guess you were really lucky when the elevator didnt get stuck between floors ;D, ,but if it does sometime in the future,you can always tell people it really scared the shit out of you :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.