Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:34:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 230
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: another meeting  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Nadine

another meeting
« on: July 31, 2006, 09:31:25 pm »
Hello all...Today I had the pleasure of having lunch with Jeff,(cmhjeff) his partner, Jeffrey and Jordan. 3 J's, I just realized that as I was writing. LOL
Jeff & Jeffrey were passing through Michigan on their way back to Ohio and Jordan actually lives about 10 miles from me.
We didn't have long, about an hour, but it was sure great to meet more of my forum family. I really hope that someday I will be able to attend a gathering. You all mean so much to me.

Well, time for this girl to go to bed...have a wonderful evening everyone!

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: another meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:55:45 pm »
sounds wondeful. we definitely should know each other deeply - we're a family after all can we have a gathering in the south? i've never experienced southern hospitality

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:38:52 am »
Hi Nadine...

Isn't it a great feeling to actually sit across from a Forums 'family' member? There is a comfort level there that is hard for others to understand.

And Jeff is such a sweetheart, too...gosh, this is terrific news!!

Love,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:14:10 am »
That is awesome that you guys had the opportunity and were able to take advantage of it.

Hope you had a great time, even if it was a short time.  Better than nothing.

YAY for you guys   :D

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:25:43 pm »
Lunch with Nadine and Jordan was the highlight of our quick trip to Windsor. I'm so happy they both were able to work this into their schedules on such short notice. I'm lucky to have my partner in my life but with PML I find myself so alone and although I participate here and feel a special connection with so many of you, nothing beats a face to face meeting and the warmth and feeling that overcame me from a real hug. Nadine is a doll and I ditto her words and hopes that I too might be able to attend a gathering someday. My partner does not participate in these forums but he appreciates what it has done for me and my recovery. Jordan and Nadine were complete strangers to him but he felt at ease and welcomed by them both.

I love you all!
Jeff

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:33 pm »
That's what I am talking about. Glad you got to meet!

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:04:59 pm »
Hey Kiddies!
    Anybody up for a "family" reunion? It could be a lot of fun if we do it right. I'm ready to travel, anybody else?
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 03:21:21 pm »
Nadine..... I am so not jealous ::)
And I'm not a very good liar either :P
Wow!  Lunch with the boys.  Now why didn't I think of that ::)  DAMNIT! ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 04:30:46 pm »

I just noticed this post....yes I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff and Nadine and Jeffrey.  It was really for me to step out of my comfort zone and actually meet people.

I just want everyone to know they wonderful people and so caring - it gave me great joy to talk for the brief time we met and get to know them.

I realize you have to seize the moment and it was meant to be.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 04:43:19 pm by jordan »
If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.