Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Winter.  (Read 337176 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Re: Winter.
« Reply #750 on: February 08, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »
46 and blustery In London. Fine winter walk . In the middle off Clapham Common the wind crashed the temp down and the Dog clearly worked out running hard kept her warm.  Low dense grey clouds full off rain, that the wind blew holes in revealing the brightest blue which made you feel warmer. Every 90 secs planes descending into Heathrow. Entire walk held the threat off massive downpour , made me feel like a gambler.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #751 on: February 08, 2014, 02:52:49 pm »
Aside from a return to bitter cold next week and more possible storms with ice and snow, the long-range forecast at least for Filthy is that it warms up to the 50's after the 16th and through the end of the month. Once we get to the second week of March in the Mid-Atlantic the average highs are in the 50's and with every passing week the likelihood of anything nasty significantly decreases, though of course we've had freak snowstorms in March.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #752 on: February 08, 2014, 04:39:05 pm »
Jody and me enjoying a late afternoon lunch yesterday at Rosie's Bar and Grill in Wilton Manors. It was about 84 degrees and sunny, little humidity and a slight breeze (http://www.rosiesbarandgrill.com/)

Tomorrow we will go to Haulover Beach and South Beach and then to dinner at il Mulino (http://www.ilmulinofl.com/)

Weather is supposed to remain in the low 80s for highs and low 70s for lows...

Hope you guys are having a great time !! Hey Jody, It sure beats the cold and snow up north doesn't it ! 8)

It's about 57 degrees here in Clearwater , with occasional light drizzle .

Ray 8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2014, 04:47:33 pm »
Aside from a return to bitter cold next week and more possible storms with ice and snow, the long-range forecast at least for Filthy is that it warms up to the 50's after the 16th and through the end of the month. Once we get to the second week of March in the Mid-Atlantic the average highs are in the 50's and with every passing week the likelihood of anything nasty significantly decreases, though of course we've had freak snowstorms in March.

And your reports of snowmageddon for this weekend proved (thankfully) false.  I am heful for an on-time departure from Dulles tomorrow evening at 6:00

Offline mitch777

« Reply #754 on: February 08, 2014, 04:57:23 pm »
Hope you and Sid have a great trip! Happy 50th!  :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #755 on: February 08, 2014, 05:40:34 pm »
Snowmageddon has been delayed until Tuesday and shifted south -- Atlanta and Birmingham, you've been warned. Don't embarrass the Confederacy again.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #756 on: February 08, 2014, 05:46:40 pm »
I don't think we have a thing to worry about here in Birmingham .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #757 on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »
North Dakota looks safe.  :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #758 on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:55 pm »
I don't think we have a thing to worry about here in Birmingham .

That's what you fools said last time.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #759 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »
Good grief, no wonder you pulled your hernia again - particularly getting the snow into the trucks. Someone needs to handcuff you to a bed somewhere before you do yourself some serious harm. Can't you get someone from "the post" or your family to come out and help you out while you've got this problem going on? You're not going to be able to be the snow fairy shovel-guy after the op, you know. Take care of yourself will you. That's an order, not a question.

What do your little community's sexual proclivities have to do with snow on the streets? ;D

[/i].

Perhaps getting plowed while handcuffed to a bed?  :)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #760 on: February 09, 2014, 07:06:02 pm »
Winter storm watches up for Birmingham and Atlanta! 1-3" of snow. PANIC!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #761 on: February 09, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »
On the news tonight, it was announced we have gotten a little over 88" of snow this season, about 26" above normal.  Ick !
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #762 on: February 10, 2014, 08:58:10 am »
I got 3-4" of snow last night and had to go out and shovel at 10PM. And the models that I'm seeing for Wednesday-Thursday look like another 8-12". NWS has already put up a "preliminary" map showing 6-8" but that's without an advisory in place yet. I'm sure it will change in the next 48 hours.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:04:36 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #763 on: February 10, 2014, 09:17:53 am »
I do not mind if we are to get a bit of snow but ice is something we cant deal with here . If we have an ice storm I will most likely loose power .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #764 on: February 10, 2014, 09:29:07 am »
I do not mind if we are to get a bit of snow but ice is something we cant deal with here . If we have an ice storm I will most likely loose power .

oh, you'll be getting ice some Miss Honey especially as you live on the southeast side of downtown.

You better snag some candles when you're at the Dollar Store today buying more glue to sniff.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #765 on: February 10, 2014, 09:45:43 am »
oh, you'll be getting ice some Miss Honey especially as you live on the southeast side of downtown.

You better snag some candles when you're at the Dollar Store today buying more glue to sniff.

Ugh ... not good not good .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #766 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:51 am »
We had about an inch of snow last night. I'm NOT looking forward to the storm on Thursday. Looks like it might be a classic noreaster. 8-12" ? Boo.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #767 on: February 10, 2014, 11:44:56 am »
A chance of ice here in South Texas over next couple days. SO OVAH the cold. I guess I could always hunker down and make authentic cornbread and a pot of pintos.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #768 on: February 10, 2014, 11:49:03 am »
A chance of ice here in South Texas over next couple days. SO OVAH the cold. I guess I could always hunker down and make authentic cornbread and a pot of pintos.

If you need an authentic cornbread recipe I'm here for you .   ::)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #769 on: February 10, 2014, 12:25:22 pm »
It's cute how Guilhermina tries to jump in an play the ice card/winter panic meme when we all know at best she'll get some cold rain on her rusting Mercedes. That sodium enema from El Maracumbe II (yelp: 2.5 stars... but hey, it's only a four min. drive) must have really sent some kidney toxins up to her opiated drugged out noggin)

ps: next time decrease your carbon footprint and take the 505 bus to see the Egyptians make faux tacos. Better yet, downscale to the Cecile B Mobile Home Park and you could walk every day!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:32:13 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #770 on: February 10, 2014, 12:32:56 pm »
It's cute how Guilhermina tries to jump in an play the ice card/winter panic meme when we all know at best she'll get some cold rain on her rusting Mercedes. That sodium enema from El Maracumbe II (yelp: 2.5 stars... but hey, it's only a four min. drive) must have really sent some kidney toxins up to her opiated drugged out noggin)

ps: next time decrease your carbon footprint and take the 505 bus to see the Egyptians make faux tacos. Better yet, downscale to the Cecile B Mobile Home Park and you could walk every day!

This is clearly the post of a charm school drop out .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #771 on: February 10, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »
***AFTERNOON UPDATE***

shoveling 15 inches of snow will give me a heart attack -- rewriting will so let me know what you want

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #772 on: February 10, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »

You spend an inordinate amount of time trolling, stalking and just generally obsessing over me. Perchance have you discussed this with your therapist?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #773 on: February 10, 2014, 02:02:35 pm »
You spend an inordinate amount of time trolling, stalking and just generally obsessing over me. Perchance have you discussed this with your therapist?

You're the one that wakes me every morning with SMS texts about the glories of Rand Paul and Obama's latest poll numbers. Either that or embedding pictures of your morning glory turd floating in toilet water.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #774 on: February 10, 2014, 02:30:04 pm »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #775 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:17 pm »
Either that or embedding pictures of your morning glory turd floating in toilet water.

Um, how about a more discreet description like dropping your kids off at the pool?  ;D

Offline Theyer

« Reply #776 on: February 10, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »
I got 3-4" of snow last night and had to go out and shovel at 10PM. And the models that I'm seeing for Wednesday-Thursday look like another 8-12".

How do you have such a good sex life ,
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #777 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:24 pm »
Its a certainty that we are going to have a mess here by morning . I may not have power come tomorrow morning if we get that much ice . I worried about the pecan tree out back, it has a limb that hangs over my work shop that is as a tree in its own right  . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #778 on: February 11, 2014, 12:02:24 pm »
HELP!

Offline hcj90

« Reply #779 on: February 11, 2014, 01:03:35 pm »
It has been snowing since 7am here in south central NC.  Schools are closed...of course.  The Food Lion grocery store lot was completely packed last night.  Probably no bread in town!  Possibility of excessive ice tomorrow.  Wishing I was in Key West! 8)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #780 on: February 11, 2014, 04:44:21 pm »
Next snow drop in NYC is predicted for tomorrow night (Wednesday) into Thursday morning. 6-8 inches depending on which report you catch. I'm talking snow here. Might finally have to dust off the winter boots and use them.

Ms. P, are you ragging on pork rinds? I know they don't always smell the greatest, but man, they sure do give a good crunch. And I am a fool for a good crunch.

If the storm really happens I'll just catch up on some more back episodes of JUSTIFIED.

Andy Velez

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #781 on: February 11, 2014, 06:01:44 pm »

Ms. P, are you ragging on pork rinds? I know they don't always smell the greatest, but man, they sure do give a good crunch. And I am a fool for a good crunch.

I don't care for the Southern snack-in-a-bg, but I love the burnt skin on a huge chunk of pernil. :) or actual authentic chicharron.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #782 on: February 11, 2014, 07:05:10 pm »
Oh yes, pernil. Yum. Outstanding. YUM.
Andy Velez

Offline mitch777

« Reply #783 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »
I heard on NPR on the way home today that we should be expecting 7-11" of snow. Not sure what everyone else says. Ugh in any case. We still have about 10" here from the last two storms. Not much melting as it's been colder than normal.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #784 on: February 11, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »
I have six different forecasts varying from 4-8" on the low end to 6-12" on the high end. Some say all snow, some say starting with snow, then a period of just rain, then back to snow.

Basically they have no clue. Central Virginia will be hit the worst I think.

ps: accuweather has started using the "blizzard" word on their maps
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:02:01 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #785 on: February 12, 2014, 03:40:15 am »
In Southern England, flooding has created misery for many. After ignoring the obvious for 4 weeks the Government has realized that there is a problem with pm dave cancelling visit to Saudi visiting the affected areas and saying that money was no object.Today this morning his ministers are on the radio being slippery eels about the money question .Past stupid decisions about building on known flood ares have come back to bring about houses that will be impossible to sell. Some folks houses have been flooded for 4 weeks. A months worth off rain is expected this week on the affected area. The forecast for the whole off the UK this week is rain,storms and snow , so the trip to the lake district on Friday should be interesting.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #786 on: February 12, 2014, 07:16:14 am »
NWS still has me at 6-8", but the 8-10" area shifted east (closer to me) substantially overnight -- as in two miles away. And the 10-14" zone is only 30 miles away. Oh yeah, and wind gusts to 30mph and up to 45mph at the Shore. Snow begins at 10 PM.

DC: 4-8"
NYC: 6-10"
Boston: for some reason those slackers haven't even put up warnings yet
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:33:55 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #787 on: February 12, 2014, 07:40:14 am »
Is that what qualifies the Blizzard warning the 45 mph winds with the snow , not good , keep upright .
m

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #788 on: February 12, 2014, 08:02:20 am »
To get a technical blizzard warning from NWS you have to have something like 3 continuous hours of sustained +35mph winds, plus some certain level of snow which I forget. In 2010 I had the please of experiencing three of those.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #789 on: February 12, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
North Wales and N.W,England are having winds approaching 80 to 100 mph plus rain and snow into the bargain .Although the small population off Scotlands small island group experience this sort of event most winters its rare for main land UK to. Plus mainland UK is much more densly populated with transport links that affect large areas if a small part off them is blocked.

The Government spearheaded by pm dave in Welly boots are frantically visiting affected areas promising golden pavements in the future. Most people in the affected areas point out that Government only got active when the area off the Thames from Maidenhead to London started to flood. Water front property in this area is zillion expensive , with a lot off its residents having other homes or as its Feb in St Barts , St Lucia  , Goa generally places where I would get my skinny ass to if I could afford to in February.

Offline britchick

« Reply #790 on: February 12, 2014, 03:30:47 pm »
Theyer,

I hope that you dont get snowed in up in the Lake District this weekend.Stay safe and warm.I just finished work today for  2 weeks....im "staycationing"     here only because Ive had fluey like symptoms again....grrr :(....its snowing here....but not too bad , compared to other parts of the UK.

britchickxx

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #791 on: February 12, 2014, 03:45:13 pm »
Our weather radio has been going off several times here in the last hour.  The bad weather and thunder storms are now moving into our area .  It really got dark outside and windy.  The rest of the leaves are falling off the trees, and I just raked 7 bags of leaves yesterday.  :P

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/2/12/bay_area_weather.html

Local radar: ( ck out this line of thunderstorms )  :o

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar.map.html/7%20County%20.html

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Theyer

« Reply #792 on: February 12, 2014, 03:54:30 pm »
Theyer,

I hope that you dont get snowed in up in the Lake District this weekend.Stay safe and warm.I just finished work today for  2 weeks....im "staycationing"     here only because Ive had fluey like symptoms again....grrr :(....its snowing here....but not too bad , compared to other parts of the UK.

britchickxx

To be honest as long as we have done a good food shop and the caretaker is generous in the Log cutting I would quite like to get snowed in for a few days. The weather , as long as I get there, will not affect me much , but some off the Party are rabid Hill walkers, Munroe baggers and all that malarkey so they will feel very coped up if they cannot walk to the point off collapse [ I am frankly jealous as I used to be in that Gang ]

I am sorry to hear you are having the chills. My last employer honoured sick notes during holiday periods any chance yours does? Check it out you might be able to claim more holiday dates .

Take good care Brit
Michael

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #793 on: February 12, 2014, 04:08:17 pm »
Here's a couple of pics of the front as it, is passing through. Lots of thunder !

Can't tell by the pics but, it windy and only got worse since  took these pics:

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline wolfter

« Reply #794 on: February 12, 2014, 04:24:00 pm »
I'm grateful this huge storm is coming across south of Ohio.  We're finally getting some ok weather.  Y'all stay safe, especially those not accustomed to it.

OH, and we've had a month of sustained below zero weather and had no issues.  Now this morning, we're in the upper 20's in the main water line froze.  Makes no damn sense at all.  I currently have the salamander pointed at them so hoping it won't take long
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline britchick

« Reply #795 on: February 12, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »
Theyer,

Cheers for your reply :)
The trains are still running up north so fingers crossed you will make it up there.Log fire sounds fab,
When I was a wee girl my gran always had the coal fire on the go....all winter....I miss that so much.

Im nice and cosy at home, electric blanket, central heating, pj's ,dressing gown, im soooo not moving out of here for a few days!!

Re work....by law now they have to honour any certified sickness.....so here's hoping.

Have a great weekend

britchickxx

Offline britchick

« Reply #796 on: February 12, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »
Theyer,
Oh nooo!
Im just watching itv 1 news and trains are now stopping at Birmingham....not going up as far as the Lancaster area....so double check tomorrow :(

britchickxx

Offline Theyer

« Reply #797 on: February 12, 2014, 05:30:34 pm »
Theyer,
Oh nooo!
Im just watching itv 1 news and trains are now stopping at Birmingham....not going up as far as the Lancaster area....so double check tomorrow :(

britchickxx

Bugger

Offline Theyer

« Reply #798 on: February 12, 2014, 05:32:27 pm »
Ray ^^^^^^^^get the garden chairs in .^^^^^^

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #799 on: February 12, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »
We are having a bonafide AllyBammy blizzard .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.