Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: what if  (Read 7993 times)

Offline tag_17

what if
« on: February 20, 2008, 07:17:14 am »
you had an acounter 4 and half months ago heteosexual male with female no condom. 3 months later got a rash on middle finger of hand small bumps that busted and spred to bottom of finger no fever nothing like that then month later cant stop coughing with swollen lymph nodes and a rash on the face could be from razor just dont think so could this be the infamous ars i just read about somebody with some knowledge please explain rash and i hear fever is in about 70  percent of cases confused and dont know what to think.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: what if
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:12:33 am »
tag,

Symptoms, or even the lack of symptoms, will NEVER tell you ANYTHING about your hiv status. Only testing will.

You have had a risk and you do need to test. You can test now for a conclusive result as the window period for hiv is three months. Go test - your symptoms are meaningless in terms of knowing your hiv status. Go see your doctor about them - we cannot diagnose you over the internet.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tag_17

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 07:06:38 pm »
so the rash was on top of my middle finger and was and there were about 6 raised bumps is that normally a partof ars please help no fever ever

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 07:45:24 pm »
No Tag, bumpy rashes on fingers are not part of seroconversion illness (ARS).

Ann has already explained to you that symptoms of any sort cannot be used to diagnose a persons HIV status, one way or another. As she notes the only way for you to be sure of your status is to get tested.

And you need to be tested.

You don't need to wait since the window period for you has already passed. The likelihood of you testing positive is in fact very low. HIV is a difficult virus to transmit, especially from female to male, so I expect that your result will be negative.

But low risk is not the same as no risk and so go and get yourself tested.

MtD

Offline tag_17

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 07:55:22 pm »
i always hear about this rash now i cant quit coughing and i have a rash on my face this is a month after the rash on fingers it says that rash my be on the hands during ars i am just worried to death now that it is on my face i am just so confused but how often does a fever come into play that is my one saving grace right now

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 08:02:46 pm »
Tag,

The easiest way to end your confusion is to go and get tested. Now stop being such a cry-baby, go and arrange your HIV antibody test.

MtD

Offline tag_17

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 08:04:17 pm »
come on matt do you know the answer to the fever question im sure there are many others just like myself. sorry to bother everyone just a little scared and definitaly being a cry baby

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:47:16 pm »
You are at a point where you can get a reliable test result. How about dropping all the drama and the frabber jabber and just getting yourself tested, which I suspect we both know is what you're going to do. The only question is how long you're going to drag out torturing yourself.

As you have already been told there's absolutely nothing HIV-specific about the symptoms you're reporting. You had unprotected intercourse so you need to get tested. It's not an easy virus to transmit. It's harder to accomplish from female to male so the odds are way in your favor that you will test negative.

All the other questions and back and forth are just guessing. HIV is never something to guess about. Go get tested.

Good luck. I expect you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline tag_17

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:25 am »
thanks for the reply i plan on getting tested tommorrow but noone has answered my question about ars is the fever something that is there most of the time and the rash that was on my finger is that an indicator of anything thank you for your time and i look forward to your answer

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 11:32:40 am »
Tag,

We don't talk about symptoms here. You've already been told that your symptoms are not hiv specific and that's all we can tell you. If your rash bothers you, see a doctor.

Symptoms, or even the lack of symptoms, are meaningless when it comes to diagnosing hiv. The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through testing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tag_17

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 01:57:39 pm »
i had a test about 5 months before this event and i was all clear. I know i am BOTHERING many of you i was just wondering for my own personal knowledge about how many people get fevers during the ars progression b/c my rash had no other symptoms what is the likely hood of that. thank you for your time

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:05 pm »
You're still trying to get some kind of an answer to something that only the HIV test can tell you: your HIV status.

Ann's already told you that we don't get into trying to quantify risk as expressed in symptoms. ARS if noticeable at the time resemble flu and other illnesses so they simply are not clear and distinguishing evidence of HIV.

You're going to have to wait for your test. Get productively busy with other things during your waiting time and that time will go more quickly than you may imagine is possible.

And I still expect you're going to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline tag_17

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 12:13:55 am »
got tested results will be back soon my significant other got a bump pimple type thing on torso that popped tonight is that a symptom of the ars rash?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 12:16:06 am »
No Tag, it's not a symptom of ARS. It's just a pimple, dear.

MtD

/edited to note I just used my 6,000TH post on a WW/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 12:19:38 am by matty.the.damned »

Offline tag_17

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 12:24:28 am »
thanks matty for all your help i am waiting for my results and until then i know i will have questions it is just that damn google worries the hell out of me. i hope my test are good and i also hope that scientist continue research so maybe one day we can end this whole thing. i wonder if there ever will be a cure? Until then i will keep praying

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 12:26:50 am »
Well then kid, stop googling.

You need to understand that google delivers quantity, not quality. Just because stuff pops up on google, doesn't make it true. You need to know what you're looking for to make google really work for you.

Like the others, I'm expecting you will test negative.

MtD

Offline tag_17

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 05:33:17 pm »
people always say symptoms have nothing to do with hiv then why is there even this ars myth i mean seriously i am really curious about the red dots that were on my finger and i cant see if that is a symptom of ars i am awaiting my test results and need a peace of mind. Sorry but am going crazy here they were on my middle finger behind the nail and about six of them they were red and then they came up and popped.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 05:34:49 pm »
Read this very carefully:

IF YOU HAVE A RASH ON YOUR FINGER AND IT WORRIES YOU, SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline tag_17

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 05:38:45 pm »
i did and they gave me medicine to clear it up and it did but does this have to do with ars in any way

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 05:46:31 pm »
I already answered this question in my earlier reply to you:

No Tag, bumpy rashes on fingers are not part of seroconversion illness (ARS).

Now just wake up to yourself and start reading what we've written. Post about this bumpy finger rubbish again and you'll find yourself reported to the Moderators.

Do you understand?

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 08:13:19 am »
Whatever that is or has been on your fingers has nothing to do with ARS or HIV. If it persists discuss it with your doctor.

We're not here to indulge you in each bit of your anxiety. You need to get tested. And you can do that anytime now. Stop the drama and go get tested.

Good luck with your test. 
Andy Velez

Offline tag_17

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 09:30:15 pm »
my wife now has a sore throat and a rash on her legs i am really worried and still waiting on my results please somebody help with this is sore throat anyways ars and her temp is 97.2

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 01:31:48 am »
Talk to your Doctor how many times do you need to be told...if you are worried about your wife take her with you..your wife's temperature is normal

Normal body temp is 37C..98F.

I'm giving you a 28 day TO this will give you and your wife enough time to get yourselves sorted out.

Do not try and get round this by trying to create another user name, you will be caught and you will be permanently banned
Jan
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:49:11 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.