Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:59:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: doterra Lifelong Vitality Pack  (Read 50849 times)

Offline RWR

• if You think You can’t you can’t
doterra Lifelong Vitality Pack
« on: June 06, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »
Has anyone else tried doterra Lifelong Vitality Vitamins? I started in January and have more energy and less pain than I did before. I am 26 years Hiv/aids. My Buddy who is Hiv/aids also has more energy and less pain. He was having acid reflux so bad that His hemaglobin went down to 5.  He started a doterra oil blend  called digestzen He no longer has acid reflux. I am excited by these gifts of the earth as doterra means in latin.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: doterra Lifelong Vitality Pack
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »
Has anyone else tried doterra Lifelong Vitality Vitamins? I started in January and have more energy and less pain than I did before. I am 26 years Hiv/aids. My Buddy who is Hiv/aids also has more energy and less pain. He was having acid reflux so bad that His hemaglobin went down to 5.  He started a doterra oil blend  called digestzen He no longer has acid reflux. I am excited by these gifts of the earth as doterra means in latin.

Do you mean this stuff?

http://www.doterra-aromatics.com/products/supplements/index.html

Sounds like another altie scam to me. Check out their "scientific advisory board":

http://www.doterra-aromatics.com/info/about-doTerra.html

Not to mention the prices of their products which seem to be blends of essential oils like peppermint, lavender and so on.

Also their site is peppered with "testimonials" which is always a sign of dodgy doings.

MtD

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
Do you mean this stuff?

http://www.doterra-aromatics.com/products/supplements/index.html

Sounds like another altie scam to me. Check out their "scientific advisory board":

http://www.doterra-aromatics.com/info/about-doTerra.html

Not to mention the prices of their products which seem to be blends of essential oils like peppermint, lavender and so on.

Also their site is peppered with "testimonials" which is always a sign of dodgy doings.

MtD

It's no wonder.  If you click the little globe under the OP's screen name, you're taken to his "essential wellness store".... Another one hypnotized by the MLM scheme  ::)
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:11:17 pm »
It's no wonder.  If you click the little globe under the OP's screen name, you're taken to his "essential wellness store".... Another one hypnotized by the MLM scheme  ::)

Ah! He's the MLM equivalent of an Avon Lady.

Well spotted my love. :)

MtD

Offline RWR

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »
Well You guys these vitamins have helped my buddy and i both long term And i am excited to share it. I would never think that any other Aids Buddies would  help out. From reading most of the post everyone is tight. I gave up a couple of sodas a day or about $2.50 To feel better. They gave a 30 day guarantee for increased vitality and energy. These posts are about sharing what has helped and not helped us.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:38:32 pm »
zzzzzz  OP what country do you live in?  Taking HAART?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline RWR

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
Arizona and California My meds are listed on bottom of page.  And yes I am a aids guy on disability that got excited by feeling better at Christmas
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »
About the blends My Friend had acid reflux so bad His hemaglobin wasdown to 5 around Christmas.He started using one drop of Digestzen three times a day and using pasttense on His neck for head aches.  He is like a new guy.  He even can rub a drop on His belly when it is unconfortable and it helps..
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 05:31:17 pm »
Alright.  We get it.  Down this with a few sips of Noni Juice and we'll all be right as rain.

kthx.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline RWR

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:29 pm »
I just wanted You All to know that  i am on a permant diability Va pension. For every dollor i made they would take away a dollar. I have not reason to make anything from it. So from time from time i will post wonderful results i am seeing in people. You can laugh or ask me to send You a sample.hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 09:54:05 pm »
Since starting the doterra Lifelong Vitality, the doctors have decreased My blood pressure medicines by half. 
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 10:23:24 pm »
Since starting the doterra Lifelong Vitality, the doctors have decreased My blood pressure medicines by half.

The forum needs a DVR so we can fast forward past the commercials
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 10:24:42 pm »
that's great to hear!
we can never have enough good news in this place

Oh and thank you! I got the unexpected AND nice Christmas card the other day. Love to you and yours and have a very Merry Christmas! :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline RWR

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 10:54:38 pm »
Merry Christmas to You Mikie.  I hope You have a nice one. Am enjoying being with Mom.  Hope Yours is good.  Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 11:08:07 pm »
Jg1962 these forums are to share experiences with each other. Since I seem to be the only LTS on doterra I am excited to report the changes along the way.

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 08:15:40 am »
HIV+ people are fighting a very serious virus. Most of us are wary of "health benefits" claimed for products that are not researched by science and recommended by doctors. 

Its not a comment on you as a person.  Its not even nec a comment on your claim that this product gave you benefits. 

Its just a smart reaction to the selling aspect of your messages here.  Cause you have a vested interest.

As people have noted above, doterra is some sort of multi-level marketing company.
http://www.builddoterra.com

I hope you are not losing your own precious resources in this scheme. 

Neither HIV meds, nor money, grows on trees.  Many HIV+ people have enough challenge affording their necessary scientifically proven treatments.  No extra funds for overpriced essential oils.  Since you are a LTS and on disability, I would expect you to understand the snark that people are giving you here in this thread.

Its not all that respectful that you continue to hawk this product with boilerplate messages like "I am excited to report the changes along the way."

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:32:20 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 08:43:01 am »
Jg1962 these forums are to share experiences with each other. Since I seem to be the only LTS on doterra I am excited to report the changes along the way.

Hugs Bobby

Hi Bobby , its my experiences as a LTS that color my reaction to people that's on the supplement bandwagon . I remember the days all to well when I had friends that were dieing , barely alive but excited because they thought they had found next new over the counter medical treatment that was going to either cure them or diminish they're pain . I remember many of them ... no , all of them not being able to work and having a rough time paying the bills but so desperate that they spent their last dime on snake oil .

I know you are not claiming your vitality pack cures aids and you have every right to your opinion that your supplements help you live a better life but I hope you also respect those of us who think a generic multi vitamin and trip to you doctor is the best advice if you are suffering med related side effects or dealing with HIV related fatigue .

We simply have a difference of opinion and its not the end of the world because of it . I'm wishing you a very Happy New Year !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline RWR

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:10 am »
Thank You guys for the kind reply.  I do know how I feel on them.  I have searched for a long time for something to give me energy.  Tried drinks and meds from the doctor that was bad for my liver. I have stopped all that and feel like doing my kettle bells again. I do notice tho as a LTS I feel lucky as to not have all the stuff going on that some do. I enjoy You LTS guys on here since I do not have friends.  Happy New Year to You.

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 11:10:11 am »
Oh yea I do have a wholesale account so I can buy the vitamins cheaper. : But doterra is very strict about how their name is used. I wanted to share with the aids community anyway. I will know on my year renewal on the 30 th if they disapprove.

Hugs Bobby.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:34 am »
Oh yea I do have a wholesale account so I can buy the vitamins cheaper. : But doterra is very strict about how their name is used. I wanted to share with the aids community anyway. I will know on my year renewal on the 30 th if they disapprove.

Hugs Bobby.

Hi again ... so are you saying you sell these vitamins yourself ? I'm asking because I cant imagine them caring or having a say on what you think or say about the product unless you are marketing the supplements for them .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline RWR

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 02:15:40 pm »
I have a wholesale account to purchase the vitamins cheaper. A difference of about $120.00. Personally I think it is hard to have the look and try to approach people about something good for them.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 02:19:36 pm »
I have a wholesale account to purchase the vitamins cheaper. A difference of about $120.00. Personally I think it is hard to have the look and try to approach people about something good for them.

I'm sorry , I'm still not clear . Are you selling vitamins ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline RWR

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »
Just using them.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »
Well then you need not worry about what the company will think since you are a consumer and not a distributor I'm sure they want nice things said about the products they sell .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »
I think it's good you found something that helps you. ;) I can only take vitamins for about 3 days before they make me puke.  ::) I've tried numerous brands of multi-vits and various supplements throughout the years; but like so many meds I've taken, my body just pukes up a lot of stuff that's supposed to be good for me.

What I found though that kept me alive for years and years was nicotine and caffeine. ;D God knows without my cigarettes and Coke I would have died a long time ago. I was finally able to stop smoking (1434 days ago!) but I'll just lay down and die, if I ever have to stop my 2 liter plus Coke habit a day.  ;)

It's close enough now, RWR, so I'll go ahead and say "Happy New Year!" to you and your mom <3
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RWR

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 03:57:20 pm »
Hey Mikie good for You to quit smoking.  I do love the diet coke.  Am always grabbing one.  I do try to drink alot if water.  Happy New Year to You and Your Mom.  What is Your resolution for 2013?  Take

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »
Got my new labs.  Will post after the doctors.  Cannot believe how they have changed for the better.

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 08:30:37 am »
Waiting to see Doctor  today.   Will post new tests tomarrow.  The most exciting thing is that my blood pressure is down at 120/60 and I halfed the meds.  Another thing is that my cholesterol and tris are are'way down even tho I eat 40 eggs a week. Tcell and percentage has gone up. Yippee.  I am in a oldperson study at the va so here early. Hope You all are doing well.

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 10:27:25 am »
Tcell and percentage has gone up. Yippee.
Good news! Now where are those numbers to prove it?? LOL

I was recently at the doctor and got good news too. My tcells were up by 100! At 430 that's the highest I've ever had in 20+ yrs of testing. WooHoo!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RWR

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 03:40:05 pm »
Went to doctor

Cd4#- 453 yippee
Cd4% -18
Cd4/cd8 -0.3
Trig-92
Chol-148
Hdl-38 low but went up from 35 doctor said to exercise more or cut out my 40 eggs a week.

Blood pressure 120/60 cut my dose  of meds in half a few months ago
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:02:39 pm by RWR »
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline mecch

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »
Went to doctor

Cd4#- 453 yippee
Cd4% -18
Cd4/cd8 -0.3
Trig-92
Chol-148
Hdl-38 low but went up from 35 doctor said to exercise more or cut out my 40 eggs a week.

Blood pressure 120/60 cut my dose  of meds in half a few months ago

I have been told by nutritionists that all eggs are not the same.  Meaning, hard boiled eggs are fine to eat but careful with scrambled and fried eggs.  There is something about the oxidisation of the cholesterol that makes it not ideal.  If you are eating so many eggs, and like the diet, maybe you could be careful to only eat eggs cooked in their shells. Maybe you could keep eating eggs, then.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 07:23:11 pm »
Cd4#- 453
Yeah! That's great!
(that's more than I just got - and that's after 20 yrs ::) so you're doing awesome!)

cut out my 40 eggs a week.
OMG! nearly 1/2 dozen eggs a day!
40?!? That's 10 pans of lemonbars a week!
(I've been known around here for making a lot of lemonbars but not quite that many LOL)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RWR

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 10:57:27 am »
Thanks guys I have five steamed eggs for breakfast then have some boiled ones thru the day.  I think I will keep them the same and see if exercise will bring it to normal.   It is getting better it was 24 a while back.

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline RWR

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 11:29:20 am »
Hi Everyone.  Hope You are all doing well. I have still been on my doterra vitamins.  I have also been on a plaleo diet for 6 months.  Went from 178 to 164.  58 years old and first time to see my six pack.  On yea and not the kind i use to drink. I started kettle bells a year ago also and got a blue shirt.  Once a month we have tests to see if we progress i did 110 pushups in a minute,117 crunched in a minute and 90 dips in a minute.  I have also got my first degress on my blue belt in Brazilian jujitsu.  It may not be the vitamins but i am showing the other guys up. Maybe it is the fact that this fag is determined to whip there asses on the mat.  My blood'pressure meds the doctor quit completely.  My cholestrol went from bad to good.  My blood'sugar dropped 30 points. Also the fat in my belly  is completely. Gone.
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 07:58:36 pm »
Maybe it is the fact that this fag is determined to whip there asses on the mat.
I don't know which to say:
1) It didn't happened, if there aren't pix.  ;D
or 2) I've seen videos like that before ;) 8)

good news is always good to hear, so thanks for sharing your good news! :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline RWR

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:20 pm »
Hi Miki nice to hear from You,  Hope You are doing good. ;D
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.