Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:17:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 467
Total: 467

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please guide me im so depressed  (Read 10025 times)

Offline tjansz

Please guide me im so depressed
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »
Please excuse me if I sound stupid and immature but I'm really in need of help.

Background of the incident:

I’m from Melbourne, Australia. I had an erotic massage 46 Days ago at a licensed parlour and had protected Oral sex and body to body slides. At one Stage the woman rubbed her clitoris which I had to stop but she continued rubbing her fingers hard on by body. I had shaven upper body and some parts. Are there any chances of getting the virus from her body fluids via microscopic cuts presented in my body? I know it’s a tough question to answer. Only other time she made contact with my penis was when she changed my condoms.

Symptoms:
From the following day I started getting flu symptoms, joint pains and the feeling you get when you’re about to fall sick. By the end of the first week, I started to get the unexplainable exhausted feeling. From the 3rd week onwards my throat glands got infected and got swollen a bit. Mild Gland infected pain is still there (this is the 6th week).By the mid of the 3rd week started getting small fungus near my groin area and near the anus for which I’ve been treated by some cream.Did the Hiv Ag/Ab test and screened for all other STDs by 3.5 weeks (24 Days)and were negative.Only abnormality of my blood report was my thyroid hormone level was relatively high.

4th Week onwards I’ve been getting regular night sweats and recently my lungs got infected with a dry cough.Did an Xray and doctors say it’s normal and cannot distinguish any issues.My far vision got blurred. I was prescribed cephalexin (Keflex) antibiotics and I had those for a couple of days. In the meantime I repeated the Hiv Ag/Ab test on 33 days post exposure and I was still on antibiotics. It was negative. Did another Hiv Ag/Ab test after 39 days of possible exposure and is negative. Experts say that the above test after 28 days of exposure is very much accurate. FBE test done on the same day showed up abnormalities in white blood cells and neutrophils (both increased a bit) which is an indication of a infection.

Finally from last Friday after an ejaculation I’m having a the burning sensation in my scrotum and prostate which still persists. I'm worried if it's assymptotic inflammatory prostatitis driven by HIV. But most people say it's too early for such a complication (6.4 weeks).My gland and lung infection pains are not consistent. It’s pretty much on and off. But the exhausted feeling persists with night sweats and strange bowel movements + occasional diarrhea/lose stools . All these symptoms are driving me crazy and I’ve been absolutely devastated.

I really appreciate in providing guidance to people like us and would be extremely grateful to see a couple of words as an opinion/guidance.Doctors over here have been telling me the risk was absolutely negligible in contracting the disease but these symptoms for which even doctors have no clue are driving me crazy.I’ve reached a stage to get counselling from psychiatric.

Thanks and GOD Bless you!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:49:14 pm by tjansz »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Please guide me im so depressed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »
For starters the bottom line in relation to your concern is there is absolutely nothing you are reporting which would have put you at risk for HIV. Even if you had received oral without a condom it still wouldn't have been risky.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it. As long as condoms are always used for those activities you will be well protected.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. If your symptoms persist you should see a doctor to check things out. This is absolutely not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline tjansz

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply Andy! As mentioned earlier it's just all these long prevailing symptoms that worry me. Can there be any other possibility of a viral infection for these symptoms? but these symptoms are very close to hiv symptoms and my worry is because of that. Throat gland infection is coming on and off, strange bowel movements induced lose stools,diarrhea, night sweats,exhaustion now the prostate inflammation..All these are within 6.5 weeks of the exposure.

What's your opinion on the accuracy of combined Hiv Ag/Ab Tests? Most people and experts say it's very accurate after 28 days of exposure and is widely used in UK and Australia. 

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:07:27 pm by tjansz »

Offline tjansz

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 06:30:55 pm »
What do you guys think about the latest complication i've developed? (prostate and scrotum inflamation) is this possible within 6.4 weeks of exposure? I'm terrified as it came up with all other mentioned symptoms as I'm going through a bit of weight loss as well.

The last Combo test was done in 5.5 weeks which is negative along with a FBE that had higher white cells and neutrophils.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:54:44 pm by tjansz »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »
Did you neglect to read the part where you had NO RISK for HIV?
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:39:16 pm »
You should be discussing your symptoms with your doctor.

You didn't have a risk for HIV no matter what your head is saying to you to the contrary. Your testing negative is no surprise because HIV is not the issue. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline tjansz

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »
I'm sorry guys. However I try to move on these symptoms hold me up. Even doctors have nothing much to say about my symptoms ,pretty much no clue. That's why I'm so anxious and depressed.Currently Under Zoloft anti-depressants. My worry is simply because I've been so sick for the past 6 weeks ever since that incident.

I'm dumbfounded at this possible inflammation with the prostate along with gland infection +night sweats,fatigue, diahrrea and blurred far vision.  These symptoms have been haunting and disrupting my regular life. However I try to move on the proximity of these symptoms to HIV drives me mad. That's why I asked if these symptoms could be for any other reason.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 07:56:34 pm »
You do not have an HIV concern.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:00:59 pm »
Just because your doctor(s) haven't determined what is causing your symptoms does not by default mean the cause is HIV. It isn't. You didn't have a risk for HIV. Period. End of that story.

If you continue to return here insisting otherwise about HIV you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out. There is nothing more we can do for you here since our focus is strictly on HIV. And you don't have it.
Andy Velez

Offline tjansz

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:05:42 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys. One last question , can I rely on the 5.5 Week Hiv Ag/Ab combination test results?

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:13:19 pm »
For what? You never had an exposure.

Offline tjansz

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »
Then I don't know why these symptoms are trying to kill me. I need a factual answer about the validity of combo test results in the mentioned time and also if this sort of inflammation in prostate possible within first 6 weeks of a general exposure.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:49:41 pm »
If I gained twenty pounds, would I need to ask about the validity of a pregnancy test?

I'm a guy. So, no.

Thing is, you scientifically CAN NOT have HIV unless there is unprotected vaginal or anal sex you aren't telling us about.

No one in the (quite well researched) history of the HIV pandemic has EVERY been documented from having gotten HIV from the situation you describe. It is considered casual contact. Not only are the lubricating fluids you encountered NOT infectious (the infectious matter is the thick mucousal region deeper within her cervix - that a man can access by penetrative sex) but HIV simply CAN NOT remain viable outside the body- even for the length of time it takes for her to remove her hand from herself and touch your urethra (the opening at the end of your penis -which is the vulnerable spot on a man).

If you want to hear the words, fine. Your test is conclusive.

If you are having issues, PLEASE see your physician about them instead of chasing the ONE pathogen you can not POSSIBLY have.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline tjansz

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

I'm sorry! Hope you can understand my situation

Offline tjansz

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 08:57:33 pm »
If I gained twenty pounds, would I need to ask about the validity of a pregnancy test?

I'm a guy. So, no.

Thing is, you scientifically CAN NOT have HIV unless there is unprotected vaginal or anal sex you aren't telling us about.

No one in the (quite well researched) history of the HIV pandemic has EVERY been documented from having gotten HIV from the situation you describe. It is considered casual contact. Not only are the lubricating fluids you encountered NOT infectious (the infectious matter is the thick mucousal region deeper within her cervix - that a man can access by penetrative sex) but HIV simply CAN NOT remain viable outside the body- even for the length of time it takes for her to remove her hand from herself and touch your urethra (the opening at the end of your penis -which is the vulnerable spot on a man).

If you want to hear the words, fine. Your test is conclusive.

If you are having issues, PLEASE see your physician about them instead of chasing the ONE pathogen you can not POSSIBLY have.

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline tjansz

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »
One question and this is just for my knowledge.I believe this is a legitimate question to ask without breaking any of the rules.I hope you guys won't consider this as a paranoid question.

During the period I started feeling unwell (within the 1st week) I consumed a herbal drink for a couple of days. that i generally consume when I'm sick (flu,cold). It has some herbs that act as  anti-virals and antibiotics.My first hiv ag/ab test was 3weeks+

Then in the beginning of the 5th week I had the same drink for 2-3 days. I redid the test in the mid of the 6th week. Now my question is what's the chance of my test results being faulty because of the consumption I had?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:18:45 pm by tjansz »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »
TJ, your consumption of that beverage would absolutely not in any way affect the accuracy of your test result.
Andy Velez

Offline tjansz

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 06:18:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply Andy, so does that mean it has no way of acting as a PEP?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:21:49 pm by tjansz »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 06:26:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply Andy, so does that mean it has no way of acting as a PEP?
You do not have an HIV concern.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:13 pm »
You are dragging PEP into the conversation and that has no relevance whatsoever.

You had no risk for HIV and nothing you are adding to the conversation would affect the accuracy of any HIV test you have taken.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

We've reached the point where I need to tell you if you come back with more what ifs about your non-risk situation, you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from this site for 28 days.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline tjansz

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »
Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience!! I wouldn't be asking these questions if i'm not having these prolong symptoms in the vicinity of the disease.I agree it was a very low risk incident but when I consider the symptoms I'm going through that gives me many questions to think about which are what I'm posting.

I will try my best to move on despite the physical symptoms I'm having.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 07:28:55 pm »
It's not a matter of "inconvenience" for us. You are simply coming to the wrong place for help. You didn't have a "very low risk incident." You had a NO RISK incident. If we had any doubts about it we would say so.

If you need help get yourself to a doctor. We can't diagnose your symptoms here. And we can't provide you with the kind of emotional support you may also need. For that I suggest you see a counselor or other professional.

There really is nothing more we can do for you in this setting. HIV is not the issue. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline tjansz

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:36 pm »
Yes Andy, I understand wht u mean. I'm seeing the doc today and hopefully will find out what it is. Apart from all other specific symptoms I've got the fungus I had before with Diarrhea and Red blotches on my palms and skin which disappear in few seconds. So yeah, I got pretty much all symptoms occurring same time now  :(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 12:00:52 am »
Yes Andy, I understand wht u mean. I'm seeing the doc today and hopefully will find out what it is. Apart from all other specific symptoms I've got the fungus I had before with Diarrhea and Red blotches on my palms and skin which disappear in few seconds. So yeah, I got pretty much all symptoms occurring same time now  :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 05:49:42 am »
tj,

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tjansz

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »
Hi Everyone, I'm back after my timeout.

I've been provided with factual risk assessments on an exposure and I've tested negative up to 11 weeks despite the set of ongoing systems.

I moved on from it however the risk assessment I'm after now is for a possible needle exposure during my last blood test.I don’t know why all these unfortunate incidents happen to me all the time. Please do share your valuable opinion on the following incident!

At my last test for hiv and other stds which was 10.5 weeks post exposure I can remember the nurse accidently came in touch with the needle before drawing blood from my arm. I can’t recall if it was exactly the pointy part of it but it was more like the side of the needle and she didn’t even seem to notice it.I also didn’t raise the issue as according to what I saw it was not a penetration but just a regular contact/brush up of her fingers at the side of the needle just above the sharp pointy section.The Nurse was wearing gloves as well.

What is the risk of this incident? After one week of this incident (day before yesterday) I started getting a severe flu and at night the fever starts breaking down with drenching night sweats. It was the worst night sweat I had during all these 12 weeks and was like flooding under my covers. I still have the fever and night sweats and severe musle burning and wasting.

Is it possible to get that sort of high fever and drenching night sweats after one week?

I informed the doctor of that clinic yestarday and she said it’s unlikely that the nurse has any sort of a disease like that since the pathology she works for regularly monitors her health as she’s a patient who has had a kidney transplant.I noticed that nurse had a very noticeable body rash as well.

What shall I do ? shall I go for a PCR test (it’s still 9 days after that incident) and convince her to get tested as well? Please guide me!

Thank you everyone!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 07:32:07 pm »
Seek professional mental help for your phobias. Now you are having irrational thoughts and we cannot help you with that on this forum.

Offline tjansz

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »
All I'm asking is to provide a risk assessment on that needle incident and an opinion on the fever and night sweats im having after one week. please don't be harsh on me! I'm not making up  stories!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »
You didn't have an exposure.

Offline tjansz

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:19 pm »
so the needle exposure is not a risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 08:08:25 pm »
so the needle exposure is not a risk?
No it wasn't a risk for HIV transmission.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Offline tjansz

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 08:13:54 pm »
thanks! I'm aware of the modes of transformation.

But I've heard that it can get transmitted by needles used in blood tests. Even if the person came in touch with the needle in the way I mentioned before drawing my blood, you reckon still there's no chance?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:28 pm »

But I've heard that it can get transmitted by needles used in blood tests. Even if the person came in touch with the needle in the way I mentioned before drawing my blood, you reckon still there's no chance?
I don't know where you are getting your information but if that is what you understand it is incorrect. If you were aware of the modes of trasmission, you wouldn't be asking questions.

(edited for correction)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:37:30 pm by RapidRod »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 08:35:21 pm »

That's certainly not the case.

Had there been ANY risk for HIV, we would have told you. You might want to start getting your HIV information from reliable sources, such as this site.

Welcome Thread

Offline tjansz

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
Thanks for the reply! 

Just for my knowledge, can you explain me according to the way i've described the incident (Nurse's Fingers getting contacted with the needle could be a bruise ) why it cannot be a mode of transformation?

Offline tjansz

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 08:47:56 pm »
I don't know where you are getting your information but if that is what you understand it is incorrect. If you were aware of the modes of trasmission, you wouldn't be asking questions.

(edited for correction)

Yes I admit I lack in knowledge. That's why I want to clear my doubts!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 09:09:57 pm »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:52 pm »
We've done what we can do for you here. You may continue to have doubts forever. Doubts are not facts. The facts in your situation equal no risk.

If you can't let go of your unfounded fears then maybe you need to see a professional to discuss the matter. We can't address that in this setting.

But if you continue to return here about a non-risk situation I can confirm what Rod has told you that you will find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.