Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:09:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 380
Total: 381

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Be Careful in who you meet !  (Read 5979 times)

Offline roy100

Be Careful in who you meet !
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
 Be Careful in who you meet !
This happened to me, I met through that very well known web place meeting site, this wonderful guy.

He told me he was from out of town, for 4 days in my hometown.
He said he was in his Hotel room eager to have sex with me as his family had left in a one day out of town sightseeing.

I arrived at his Hotel, very nice luxurious very known chain of Hotels.
He received me at the lobby.

The hotel was extremely busy and crowded, hardly a space to park and very cold !
As soon as we went to his bedroom he asked me to go into the shower, as he liked having sex while showering. He was very nice, educated, nice conversation, warm. In a few words what everybody is looking for.
He talked a lot, invited me to his hometown, told me he was studding to be a chef.
All of the sudden he told me lets go to the room as he heard his cell calling.
We went into the bedroom and got a call and told me his family was coming back to the hotel that I needed to leave fast. I dressed in a hurry, and he didn't even had a comb I could use, his baggage on the other bed unopened, and a computer on the desk.

He told me he would meet me downstairs to go to my place, and he invited me for lunch next day.
I waited and waited at the lobby and he never appeared, I sent a cell message asking his room number as I even did not see it. He told me his room number. I called from downstairs and told me he could not go out as his mother would not let him. That he would see me next day for lunch.
This was so weird to me. !
I checked my wallet and everything was in its place, credit cards, money, licence, bussines cards, I mean immaculate.
 Next day I called him up and he asked me what time I was coming to pick him up. I told him 1.30 Pm.
He said OK, have a wonderfull day, I will be waiting for you.

I went to the hotel, and to my big surprise he stood me up.
I called to his room, went to his room, checked the swimming pool and nobody.
He would not answear his cell phone.

I thought maybe he had a line of guys waiting to fuck with him and had chosen somebody else, and I thought again something fishy was going on.
2 Days passed by, and thinking of this gave me a bad feeling. I thought somebody could have entered the room and messed up with my credit cards. Not likely, I thought. Something you see at the movies.

It bothered so much, I told a few friends, and they told me check on your credit cards.
I did, and bingo !

As we were showering somebody must have entered the room, I didn't know at the time !
All my credit cards were charged with astonishing amounts, adding all to  $13,000 dollars !

I cancelled all of them, since it was the holidays it was really hard to get things accomplished.
They told me at one bank card company, you don't have insurance for this, I said no. And she said honey you are in a mess, the credit card companies only cover you after you cancelled the card.

I called another bank card, and told me I  am covered before 72 hours of my card was lost. But my car was not lost, as i have other charges after that huge payment on each of them, $3500 in each one 4 of them, even one of my mothers , who I carry around so she wont loose it. !

So I guess the word I  should called this  is fraud charges, and some people told me it is the card owners responsibility to take care of it, and that I would have to pay !

I will find out on Monday when banks open !
i have no credit card meanwhile.
I am so depressed, my brother, and friends tell me it could had happen to anyone.

My nephew who is like my son told me , if you could see what happens out there , they have blackmail some of my friends ( in the straight world) when having sex with other women, and had to get divorced , or had to pay for the blackmail.
He told me, that he had not told me , but once he was nearly killed by a blackmailer he would not pay up , and beat him up. That it was me who had saved him when I came to pick him up, when this guy was about to shot him, but left when he saw me coming.

He told me if you have to pay this up, just do it t and forget  about it, you have to go on living.

He told me this because I told him I was so depressed as to what happened to me, and complaining how bad was 2010 for me.
Getting Aids, getting robed, and going through this is horrible.

I had put a warning message at that web site in my profile ,they erased it , and told me it was my duty to take care of myself, as all their warnings and legal notices say as you accept to get in .
They told me you cannot put something like that in your profile.

Well, even if its really a shame to tell, I am warning you as to all of the scams there are to get money out of you.
Roy.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:33:38 pm by roy100 »
Diagnosed 18Th March 2010
March 30Th VL +100,000 CD4 46
CD8T  575 CD8 %60.6
On Truvada and Kaletra. . Remeron 15mg  and150 mg  wellbutrin xl for depression. Clonazepan 2 mg to sleep. Omeprazole 20  once a day.
July 17 2010 Vl 362 CD4 155, 6.4 %
CD8T suppressors 1482 CD8% 61.1
 Nov 16 2010: V l 937 CD4 188,10%
CD8T Suppresors 997 CD8%55.8
August 15th 2011 Vl UD, less than 40.
CD4:543(26.7%) CD8:887 (43.6 %) Ratio .61
Jan 14th,2012 ,less than 40.
CD4:478 (24.4%) CD8: 962 (49.1%) Ratio.50
June 2012 CD4 599, CD8 856 UD
Oct 2013 CD 702, CD 843 UD Ratio:.87

Offline tednlou2

Re: Be Careful in who you meet !
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:41:43 am »
Sorry to hear about all this.  I remember back when I was hooking up, I was always hesitant to go their place and definitely didn't want anyone coming to mine.  I tried to get to know people first, but that didn't always work out.  I'm glad I never got robbed.  I just always ran into guys on the internet who misrepresented what they looked like (with fake pix) and/or their age.  I remember this one man who had to be 70 years-old.  When I put and ad in the newspaper for a roommate at age 18, I got all these strange guys.  They made me so nervous when they came to see my apt.  Most of them were looking for sex, but others seemed like they were scoping the place out.  After this one scary guy left, I decided to forget the roommate and canceled the ad. 

My gay uncle got robbed so many times.  He would pick up guys off the street.  I remember as a kid my parents asking him what happened to his TV, stereo, etc.  Even at that age, I remember knowing he was hooking up with strange guys and they were stealing from him.  He would have the same guys back--knowing they had stolen from him.  A good piece of ass was more than he could resist I guess.  I realize this isn't the situation with you.  You did what many of us would have done.   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:28:40 am »
Roy, sounds like a typical confidence trick. The computer on the desk was probably used to input your bank card details. The luggage was probably empty. The call from his "family" was probably his partner saying he'd successfully gotten your details so it was time to get rid of the "mark" - that's you, the target of their con job.

I've seen this type of job before, on a "real life" confidence trick telly show. And yes, it could conceivably happen to anyone. The ease of execution is why they do it. Confidence tricks almost always depend on either greed or lust to work.

When I'm in the company of strangers, my wallet (and/or handbag, when I use one) never leaves my sight. It would have been in the bathroom with me. I know it's too late for you this time, but it's something to keep in mind in future.

I hope you can recoup some of this loss and I think you might be able to, depending on the laws in the country where you live. And not to rub salt into the wound or anything, but if each of the four cards was charged with $3,500, that comes to $14,000, not  $13,000.

Sorry this happened to you.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hoover

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:18:54 am »
Stolen card numbers.....
We did northern Europe this spring and a couple of weeks later when we came home I found several thousand dollars of charges on my card which were not ours. (someone copied our information but didn't take the card)
These charges were made in London and we had not even gone to England!
The people at American Express were great and asked us to destroy our card, then dismissed all the charges.
I know that here in CR, if we use a debit card we have no protection, but I believe with most credit cards there should not be an issue. The merchant holds some responsibility in the matter.

Good luck and don't take no for an answer.

Hoover

Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline texas_stud

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:33:45 am »
you should tell the cops. if this guy still has a profile on that websight they could catch him. the banks wont help out if you dont have a police report on file.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 03:45:36 pm »
Very sorry this happened to you. Did you contact law enforcement? I am not certain but you may need to file a police report for your credit card companies. If they catch the guy maybe you could sue for your losses.

Offline roy100

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:00:47 am »
The intention of this post is to warn people. To be alert to things that can be wrong when you meet someone.
Thanks to all your replies.
I have not finished this post , since my banks will reach a decision on Feb 14Th, or 15Th.
Thanks
Roy
CD8T  575 CD8 %60.6
On Truvada and Kaletra. . Remeron 15mg  and150 mg  wellbutrin xl for depression. Clonazepan 2 mg to sleep. Omeprazole 20  once a day.

Offline roy100

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »
A closure to this post:
The banks ruled in my favor, I wont have to pay the money charged by this con people.
I thank the Lord for this gift.

Again if I posted a personal thing happening to me was just to warn others of some possible dangerous, I don't  want to be rub in my face how stupid I was, as some people did.

It was something I wanted to share to avoid others the anxiety, and pain it caused me .
Roy
CD8T  575 CD8 %60.6

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 10:09:55 am »
A closure to this post:
The banks ruled in my favor, I wont have to pay the money charged by this con people.
I thank the Lord for this gift.

Again if I posted a personal thing happening to me was just to warn others of some possible dangerous, I don't  want to be rub in my face how stupid I was, as some people did.

It was something I wanted to share to avoid others the anxiety, and pain it caused me .
Roy

glad you got this resolved but
 I don't get the crack about "rubbing in your face how stupid you were, as some people did"  every poster appeared to give you support.

but anyways, it's done

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:39:39 pm »
glad you got this resolved but
 I don't get the crack about "rubbing in your face how stupid you were, as some people did"  every poster appeared to give you support.

but anyways, it's done

It was in another thread.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.