HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

worried over possible hiv exposure

(1/2) > >>

alittleworried:
Hey everyone, I'm alittle concerned over a possible exposure I was involved in. I am feeling increased anxiety because of the status of the person I was with. The exposure involves deep kissing/making out on two occasions. The only caveat is that I had a bit of a sore throat while making out with him. The first night we made out the throat was only scratchy but the second night it became worse. However, being caught up in the moment I still made out with him. We also did body and genital touching, along with kissing each other's bodies and of course face and neck area. My concern with the face and body  kissing is that I suffer from razor burn and acne on the chest and cheeks. Lastly, I gave him a handjob till completion and got his semen on my hand and nail/cuticle. I wiped it off but was enable to wash it off for an hour or so. Based on this level of explosure and his status, is there any cause for concern? I have a current negative test result, with this being the only exposure which could change that. Should I test over this, given the razor burn, acne, sore throat, and semen exposure? I woke up feeling even sicker today after the incident but that could be just a cold or anxiety. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Andy Velez:
You are worry needlessly. Nothing you are reporting of your sexual activities was in any way whatsoever a risk for HIV transmission.

As far as the sexual risk for HIV transmission it's really very simple. The ONLY confirmed risks are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you always use condoms for intercourse you won't have any cause to be concerned about the sexual transmission of HIV. Yes, it really is that simple.

So you have no need for further concern nor any need for testing. And yes, I have read all of the details that you are reporting very carefully.

Cheers.

alittleworried:
Andy, thank you so much for the reply. With all the mismatched information available its hard to determine what exactly is "safe." This ends up making any sexual activity very frustrating. I just have a brief follow up question. Is it saliva that also makes transmission via a sore throat not possible? I just assumed that a sore throat would equate to an open wound, thus magnifying the exposure to something more risky. Perhaps I am still holding onto a bit of anxiety over this. But again, you do not feel testing is warranted? Thanks again.

Andy Velez:
Saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

No testing is necessary. Get on with your life and just make sure to always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse.

alittleworried:
Hello Everyone,

I hope its okay that I am using my old thread. The warning at the top of the posting said to “please consider starting a new topic.” If I am doing something wrong I apologize in advance. Recently I was made aware that oral sex, mainly receiving oral sex is very low risk, but not “no risk” for HIV. This has led me to rethink a previous incident I had. Would a very brief oral sex encounter (less than a minute) be “zero” risk for HIV, as I speculate it is? I was on the receiving end, it was unprotected and the partner was of unknown status. The kissing, mutual masturbation, and body rubbing I am not concerned with as your previous answers alleviated all those fears. I’m not sure if the person had open sores, bad gums, etc...because I honestly didn’t ask to give him a dental exam before we got involved. For sure, I know he wasn’t spitting up blood or anything. Anyway, any advice you can give me, yet again, would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version