Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:54:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The good person test  (Read 11040 times)

Offline Dachshund

The good person test
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:38:02 pm »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: The good person test
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 03:17:09 pm »
Well, in addition to being a lying, theiving, blasphemous adulterer, I can also add "stupid" to my credentials because I clicked on the wrong thing and started watching that insufferable video.

Love how even if you start to argue against the judgments of "the test", it eventually removes all choices except to say "you're right, i should go to hell".   LOL.

Hmmm....could it be that everyone will fail the test because the test is set up for everyone to fail it from the start?  I mean, come on...to simply be angry at someone is = to being a murderer? 

:o
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:21:10 pm »
I really didn't need a quiz to tell me I'm not a good Christian.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 03:45:29 pm »
When discussing god, I always use a lower case "g" to avoid appearing pretentious  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:47:14 pm »
Well, I made it to the part where it said something about God providing a way out and throwing out Bible verses.  I'm about the same as you though, Timmy.  Ah well.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 07:49:25 pm »
Being a lying, thieving, blasphemous, murderous, adulterer at heart is exhausting work.
I wouldn't mind a vacation but ummm lake of fire sounds uncomfortable. I wonder if they have mosquito problems.
You know, I am very fair skinned. Lake of fire sounds like it might not offer too many shaded areas.

I think I'll have to pass.  ;D

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:20:16 pm »

;D  I'm a dirty rotten scondrel that is going to rot in Hell.  I hope the humidity is low...  :P

Ray 8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:28:00 pm »
;D  I'm a dirty rotten scondrel that is going to rot in Hell.  I hope the humidity is low...  :P

Ray 8)

You didn't need to test.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 09:52:43 pm »
Did you pass?

Nope, failed miserably... :D

I've obviously murdered quite a few people..and got away with it..or did I?.. ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:54:55 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 11:26:39 pm »
Well, my goose is pretty much cooked. :( But there will be hell to pay if I get put on someones Spam list.... :D
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 11:29:22 pm »
When I do rotton nasty things I always ask for forgiveness so if someone drops a house on me I can still beat the system , so this test is meaningless to the forgiven like me .... really
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline MarkB

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 11:51:16 pm »
No, my Celtic ass is toast, and apparently I'm going to burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. And they never even got round to asking me whether I am gay!

::)

Ax

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 12:14:58 am »
Heaven must be dreadfully underpopulated if that is the test. what a load of bollocks.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline MarkB

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 12:28:21 am »
Actually, you can't win. At all. If you tell them you've been Good, you get this message:

Unfortunately, you don't see yourself as God sees you. The Bible says all men are sinners, until you're ready to admit that you can't continue this test.

Take the test again.

Next ...

;D

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 12:39:20 am »
I wouldn't mind a vacation but ummm lake of fire sounds uncomfortable. I wonder if they have mosquito problems.

Fire keeps mosquitos away, so you should be ok. But I'll bring some Deet with me anyways, since according to the test I suspect I'll be seeing you there :)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 09:24:00 am »
Actually, you can't win. At all. If you tell them you've been Good, you get this message:

;D

Told ya!  (So add "know it all" to my rap sheet!) 

This test totally sounds like it comes from that guy that always pals around with Kirk Cameron.  The unfamous one.  He's always going around places and shoving micropohones in people's faces and giving them that same go around about how rotten they really are.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:31:20 am »
You sodomites sound surprised by the results.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 09:38:30 am »
Add my confirmation to the list of attendees.  I agree with Thunderlicious, the way this thing is set up, you just can't win.  It's a crock of crap.

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 09:48:15 am »
Add my confirmation to the list of attendees.    It's a crock of crap.

And there you have it.   ;)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MarkB

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 10:06:59 am »

The sodomites may have been surprised, but us onanists knew it all along ... 

:D

While I was looking up the meaning of the word sodomy ( :-[ ) I found the following web reference interesting:

Learn more about "sodomy" and related topics at Britannica.com

Find Jobs in Your City

;)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:19:39 am by aelwyd »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:46 am »

I'm not suprised by the results -  I'm suprised by what I was charged with.  Murder, theft and blasphemy?  It didn't even let me get to my most popular damning feature.   ;D

(Preparing to get out a shovel and start digging, I suppose)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 10:55:08 am »
Add my confirmation to the list of attendees.  I agree with Thunderlicious, the way this thing is set up, you just can't win.  It's a crock of crap.

nothin' gets past you two brainiacs :P

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 11:01:29 am »

While I was looking up the meaning of the word sodomy ( :-[ ) I found the following web reference interesting:

Learn more about "sodomy" and related topics at Britannica.com

Find Jobs in Your City
 ;)

Well . . . Britannica eh?

Life really is different in the UK   :o
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 11:05:47 am »
nothin' gets past you two brainiacs :P

Even if you absolutely refuse to give in to the forced answers ("NO, I have NEVER lied, stolen, etc"), it still hits you with:

"Well, you may not realize but those are only 5 of the 10 commandments anyway."  

It then gives you all that bit about not seeing yourself as God sees you.  

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MarkB

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 11:33:42 am »

You mean ... there are ten  of them??

:o

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 11:42:04 am »
I took the test. Very interesting but from my understanding of the bible it also mentions that God reads people 'hearts'. He knows we are all sinners and he will read a persons heart come judgment day despites mistakes they may have made in life. He also states I think Jesus did "He who has not sin let him cast the first stone". So obviously we are all sinners.

In the final analyzous only God (if you believe in him) can judge us. Humans all have flaws. I thinks God looks at a persons entire life there experiences, challenges they have overcome or have a difficult time overcoming and then makes a judgement.

The bible also says we are created in Gods image and God love shumans as much as his only son. Which is why he sent his only begotten son down here to sacrifice his life to  forgive us because we are sinnter. God considers us his  children. If this is the case look at how many of our parents have accepted us despite be religious and being brought up to belief homosexually is an abomination. Many of these same parents still love us and value us. If they can do this and they are also imperfect, just imagine  how much  God can love us.

I think the christian right is going to be very very very surprised to see many Gays in heaven when many of these same religious people may not make it because they didn't have a humble loving heart.

Even Jesus went to the Pharises who professed to be serving God and turn their tables over and basically called them hypocrites. Jesus healed Lepors who most people wouldn't even interact with he also forgave prostitutes whe others shunned. He also saif love your neighbor as you love yourself. He didn't say what type of neighbor. Just to love your neighbor as you lover yourself.

So in the end I think I might be okay after all.  :)

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 12:53:36 pm »
Even if you absolutely refuse to give in to the forced answers ("NO, I have NEVER lied, stolen, etc"), it still hits you with:

It then gives you all that bit about not seeing yourself as God sees you.  

So if you're a "bad" person, you're doomed because of your actions. If you're a "good" person, you're doomed because god still sees you as bad.

That presents a very intriguing theological position, actually. One could observe that god has preordained all god's creation to damnation, regardless of what the created beings believe or how they behave. One could further surmise that god therefore just doesn't give a rat's ass (or a god's ass) what the created beings believe or do, and has simply given up with humans (thus admitting that god fucked up) and gone on to tinker with some other aspect of the universe for a while. One could logically conclude, then, that prayer is ineffective, that expectation of events that violate the laws of physics is fantasy, and that preparing for judgement is pointless.

Seize the day, and all that. I like :)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »
In the final analyzous only God (if you believe in him) can judge us. Humans all have flaws. I thinks God looks at a persons entire life there experiences, challenges they have overcome or have a difficult time overcoming and then makes a judgement.

The bible also says we are created in Gods image and God love shumans as much as his only son. Which is why he sent his only begotten son down here to sacrifice his life to  forgive us because we are sinnter. God considers us his  children. If this is the case look at how many of our parents have accepted us despite be religious and being brought up to belief homosexually is an abomination. Many of these same parents still love us and value us. If they can do this and they are also imperfect, just imagine  how much  God can love us.

There are those who would say God WILL judge us...even if we DON'T believe in Him.   :o

And see...there's the thing that hangs me:  If God is all-knowing, all-powerful, etc...what exactly is the need for all the death sacrifice business?  And He's forgiving us for what?  Behaving like mortals?  Not being perfect like a God?   If we are all so horrible - and we are God's creation - doesn't that make us technically God's mistake?  And if we are God's mistake, then God isn't perfect either...right?  And I've always heard it preached that God is "a jealous God"...that's a character flaw, right?  Why does a life  need to be sacrificed for this forgiveness?  Can't God just say, "It's OK.  I forgive you"?  Humans manage to do it that way...so why can't God?  Or just say, "POOF!  Talking snake be gone!" and be done with it?

And as for God loving us like his children...hate to say it, but:  There isn't a human being alive that would have been given the leeway God has been given regarding his children.  Allowing them to suffer from starvation and disease, etc?  DFACS would have swooped in long ago. 

I have to say:  the more immersed in religion I get, the further away from a connection to any concept of God I become.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 01:04:15 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 01:39:16 pm »
Of course I passed.  You mean no one else did?

Tut tut peoples, y'all just need a good churchin' up.

;)
It's a complex world

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 02:31:39 pm »
Here's where you can go to get some churching up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »
Those Wal-Martians are some devout soda drinkers from the looks of things. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline MarkB

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 06:15:23 pm »

That presents a very intriguing theological position, actually. One could observe that god has preordained all god's creation to damnation, regardless of what the created beings believe or how they behave.

Of course, if you really want to wreck your afternoon, you could spend time reading up on that other very intriguing theological position: double predestination.

On second thoughts, don't - you deserve better ...

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 08:12:02 pm »
I really hate fundie-Christian bullshit that initially masquerades itself as something light hearted and fun. I turned it off as soon as I saw the first reference to God. Who took the fun out of fundamenalism anyway?

CaptCarl (who wonders if there are still shoreside condos available on the lake of fire, and if I need to pay extra for a boatslip for my asbestos-hulled luxury yacht, SS Unrepentant Sodomite?)
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 08:40:25 pm »
Matty the Damned is gonna burn.

Enthusiastically. :)

MtD

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 10:37:22 pm »
I'm burning and am starting to peel already.    >:(
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 11:13:29 pm »
Once again when it comes to insights on Christianity I refer to cartoons.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IxP68cb2lT0

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 11:54:24 pm »
Of course, if you really want to wreck your afternoon, you could spend time reading up on that other very intriguing theological position: double predestination.

On second thoughts, don't - you deserve better ...

This is really a quite hilarious remark, given that the Calvinistic position of double predestination essentially takes away one's ability to choose one's own destination, and therefore eliminates the notion that one can "deserve" anything ;D

Offline MarkB

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 06:53:03 am »

I just knew you'd spot it!

;D

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 06:41:04 pm »
You did that for me? Oh, I'm so falling in love! *swoon*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 07:27:11 pm »
Predestination? I much prefer prestidigitation myself - although some might argue they're not very different.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 03:32:44 pm »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.