Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Part IV: The Grooviest Hen Party Going  (Read 66393 times)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: Dating Part IV: The Grooviest Hen Party Going
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 09:47:09 pm »
Hello Ladies.   Ml, no ruffled feathers here, I was trying to be reassuring. I have many places  that are nonsmoking and I just go outside. I always respect whoever's home I am in.                                             [quote author=MOONLIGHT1114

I can see all of us outside at my parents and whoever wants to go smoke weed just goes for a walk down the driveway.  I may be sitting under the hospitality tent by myself for a half hour, but I still respect everyone's personal choices, esp my Queen's!

Love My GFs!

~Cindy

[/quote]  that sounds like a good plan. We can make things work to everyone's satisfaction and  have the bestest  ;D time. I really hope that we will all be able to get together one day.                 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:00:46 pm by cjc »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 10:04:19 pm »
Hello Ladies~~~

You know I forgot that others smoke, like I am the only one with rights to the weed... ;D And I will always respect a non-smokers wishes unless they are in a smoking section. So not a problem for me to cruise on down aways to puff. Since we all our bring our own bags, we ought to be high as a kite... ;) All I will need is some Arbor Mist or Tequila and Corona to go with the weed but doesn't drink the latter much. So the Mist will win out.

Christy-- Girl, You are better than me, I hated Pozmatch. There were more gay men on there than straight and if there were any straight ones, they lived half way around the world. Now you know you got to at least smoke one blunt with me.

I am glad someone white saw Bebe's kids. Maybe we will have to rent that for Em to see. And us high girls will be in tears even though it is funny without being high. I am going to make it short because I have not had the best day and am really in a mood... :-[
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 10:16:48 pm »
Queen, Sorry it's a bad day for you.Hope tomorrow is better for you.  I'm not quite sure if the Pozmatch thing will work out but I'm gonna keep on trying. If ML can find Stone and Camille, Ian, surely I'll find someone eventually.They inspire me as you all do. Later.  Cristy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 11:49:49 pm »
I am lonely tonight, haven't heard from Stone all day except for one horny IM at 8pm (hey that rhymes.....).  He was taking Jr out to dinner.  I saw him sign off a little while ago, but he hasn't called.   I am down and dumpy tonight myself, dammit.  Lonely and bored here.....
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 11:54:05 pm »
Good night. Good news. Mr. Reconstituted from Poz' site, wrote again!! Well, well. Cristy, the "elder statesman" (GQ -- just used that term because he looks as if he could hang with politicians of a senatorial type) is from Florida not DC. But, with the recent uptick of Mr. R, I'm amused and enthused. Seems like a fairly normal, hardworking father of two, who is separated and en route to divorce. With his work schedule, this will take a while to get to know him. Night night. Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2007, 01:26:55 am »
Cin-
  I don't smoke weed either.  I used to when I was a teen-ager.  I tried a few times as an adult, but it always made me paranoid as shit. 

Sorry you and Queen are having a bad night.  I hope things look up for ya'all! :-* :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2007, 01:44:31 am »
I ate a bowl of clam chowder with Old Bay and Queen had a potato.  We both gorged ourselves and we're still grumpy...........   :(    ???

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2007, 07:34:07 am »
Maybe you guys are tired and need a long rest. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2007, 10:01:54 am »
Hello Ladies. I got up late this morning. I usually get up around 7 but guess I needed to sleep.  Queen and ML, Sorry ya'll didn't feel well last night. It must be hard having both HIV and Diabetes. I admire you for your upbeat attitudes in the face of all that.                                        Em, So Mr Statesman contacted you. Not sure who he is but wish you the best of luck. We ALL deserve to be happy.  My needy one from Florida stopped his drive-by calling several weeks ago, when I told him he has too many issues and drama for me to deal with.                             Queen, You may be right about Pozmatch. Nothing seems to be popping there either.                                                                        ML, sorry you were lonely. It's a good sign that Stone takes his responsibilities seriously. And that he wants to spend time with his son. You seem to have gotten a good one.                                                      Betty, I promise I won't smoke around you. I hate being paranoid and would not inflict that on anyone.  But I would still love to meet you all. well, I'll check back in later.  Love to you all.  Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2007, 10:17:01 am »
Morning all:
  I've been having a rough time lately.  Missing my mum I think.  Last night I fell asleep around 8:00 p.m., then got up at 12:30 a.m., back to sleep at 2:30 a.m., up at 5:30 a.m., then took an hour's nap.  I was thinking of going to an NA meeting this morning, but I'm too emotionally wore out.  I keep catching myself calling my mum on the phone, then realizing she's not there anymore (by not there, I mean not physically there).  I sure miss talking to her in the mornings. 

Other than that, I start two new classes next week.  "Counseling Theories" and "Introduction to Philosophy."  Hopefully in a year I'll have my bachelor's in psychology.  I already have an associate's in law enforcement and got a certificate in medical assisting.  Those were years ago.  I never did become a full-fledged cop.  I was a single mother when I applied to the Michigan State Police.  I passed the written, oral and hearing part of the exam.  They told me they would send me to their academy in Kalamazoo.  At the time, I was naive as to state police being able to send someone anywhere in the state; I thought I would be able to stay in my little home town.  They said "Oh, no.  Every new officer goes to Detroit for 2-5 years."  That put the nix on that.  I was a medical transcriptionist for years before going on SSDI. 

I guess everybody must be sleeping.  I hope my sleeping gets evened out pretty soon.  Talk to ya'all later.
Peace-
Betty

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2007, 10:45:32 am »
Hello Betty. Sorry you are not sleeping well. It really  makes life hard when your sleep pattern is messed up.                                                Maybe you should go to a meeting, I remember being told that the time to go is when you don't want to.      I am so sorry about your mom. I remember after my Grandpa died in 2004( we were very close)I used to pick up the phone to call him and the remember that he wasn't there.It was very hard to accept .                                          Hooray for the classes. Education is good. I hope they go smoothly and you get your Bachelor degree. I'll be on for a few more minutes if you want to talk.    Later. Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2007, 11:06:04 am »
Hey Cristy:
  Didn't go to the meeting-went back to bed instead.  Now it's almost lunch time, although I don't feel like eating.  If it wasn't for the fact that I have to keep up a regular eating schedule for the diabetes, I wouldn't. :P  Maybe I'll bake some brownies today (NOT those kind ;)).  Anyway, I hope you're having a good day.  Talk to you soon.
Peace-
Betty

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2007, 01:10:53 pm »
Hi GFs~

Gosh, a lot of us are diabetic.  Me, Queen, Betty....who else?  Queen, did you have an appt this past Tuesday?  How did it go?   I remember reading in here that you had one coming up, but I haven't heard about it from you.  Are you getting your Lantus pens soon, too? 

Betty, sorry to hear about the whacked sleep schedule.  Mine has been so bad over the past three weeks.  If I get up by 11am I consider it early.  Its just awful.  I don't know how I'll ever get back to work, if I ever even get a job.  I applied to four more yesterday, hoping that something will come up since summer help is going back to school now.  This seems to be the time of year when employers hire, they wing it thru the summer until junior goes back to school, and then hire a full-timer in the fall.  BTW, I have an undergrad in PSYC.  It was a very interesting major.  I also like Criminal Justice and forensics interested me a lot, too, although I know I couldn't hack it with that shit in real life.  Spooky!

I still think about my husband, my grandmother, my dog, as if they were all still here.  It sounds funny, but esp my dog, because she lived with me not too long ago.  I keep thinking I hear her tags jingling and its just Cheech doing something.   It takes awhile for the separation to set in, and I don't think we ever fully have it, the separation, I mean.  Some people, or pets, will always feel like they are here with us.  I think that's OK, that its a good thing. 

Stone called today at noon.  He needs to go pick up one of his trucks from the shop.  He told me his work truck doesn't have AC!  It was as hot as balls here yesterday in Maryland and he was out working with no AC in between jobs.  Today the heat index is already past 100degrees, temp is at 90 and supposed to go to 100, so what does that mean for the heat index later?  I hope we don't have a brown-out or something.  I'll have to camp out in my basement.

Hang in there, GFs, and stay cool today.  I'm not mowing the lawn, they'd have to call 911 for me!

Edited to add SCAMMER!:   Message from: alfred_matt  

Subject: Hello my moon light
Sent: Aug 25, 2007 8:18 AM (FLID:)
I will call you that because I most confess that I want to marry you I don't want to know the state of your state I know but of us are diagnosed Pls reply me I want to know you better my MY name is fred my number is +2348032459142 I live in Nigeria now I want to met you light

I simply replied, "You are one desperate fuck."

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:12:19 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2007, 02:31:21 pm »
Hello Ladies. Betty,  I didn't realize that you have diabetes also. I do have to admire those that deal with other health issues in addition to the HIV.  Make yourself eat so you will stay healthy. Brownies sound good, maybe I will make some. Never made brownies with anything in them exceptlots and lots of extra chocolate  :D. Usually I only get 1 or 2 and my family gobbles up the rest. Especially mom and robert. So no additives.                                                                                           Moon, thanks for the scammer update.  Who is Chris? I'm assuming Stone but am not sure.  I think about my Grandparents alot and I had this Cat(his name was Jibari) that passed in 2004. He was the best pet I ever had and he kept me company through my last pregnancy. Slept, ate  whenever I did. I miss him.    Anyway, talk to ya'll later.  Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »
I hate scammers like the one you mentioned, Cin.  I get those every once in awhile on poz.com.  Gotta watch out for 'em.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »
Hello Girls~~

I have been in a mood because I may end up losing my new place because after calling the gas company and knowing I have a previous bill. I did not take that into account but I am trying to be fair with my room mate because she is getting the lights on in her name and the cable is also in my name. The gas company doesn't want to tell what I need to pay to get the gas turned on unless I get a lease from my landlord and my room mate has to call down there with her information. I am like WTF? Shit has really changed since the last time I had gas. I called my landlord to explain this and see if I could make some type of payment since I couldn't follow through on the original agreement. He said no but if housing assistance will cover it then it would be ok. I am thinking they may because I have my son with me but when I dealt with them before in the past, they turned me down saying I made too much from disability...Oh, really? They should try living off of disability. But at that time my son wasn't living with me. So now on Monday I have to get up bright and early and apply for housing assistance. Wish me luck there.

I did get the lantus pen, insulin cartridges, and needles approved through my insurance company but doesn't have the money for the co- pays to get them out. I won't be able to get them til the 31st, then I'll be able to schedule for the diabetes class. My sugars has been doing decent by me. With the recent daily testing, the highest I think was 170 something but don't hold me to that, I smoke weed... ;D My glucometer records it. But I am proud of myself by sticking to the daily routine. I am usually not good at those sort of things. I really hate taking the pills due to the side effects and feels since I have been closely monitoring that the lantus pen would be a good thing for me. Stick myself once a day, I can do that. I've been doing it with my glucometer 2-3 times a day now.

Betty~~ I feel you on missing your mother. My father has been away from me for 3 years now and I still think of him every day. But I still talk to him from time to time, not that I am crazy but what I believe in. I believe that those love ones who have passed have become our guardians, they watch over us and your mother is doing the same for you.

I hate to say it but I am still in a stressed mood. I can't even enjoy my high and I am trying to. A friend woke me up inviting me up to smoke, she knows what's going on. Being in such a mood, I slammed a Colt 45 and I paid for it....instant headache. There was a sliver of sunshine though...I got a voicemail from Boo, he called my cell phone and he was waiting on my call....OH FUCK!!!! He hasn't been online because his computer is messing up again. And I can't call him back on cell cause I don't have long distance and I can't on house phone even though I do have long distance but the feedback is terrible from my hearing aids.....DAMN IT TO HELL....Why can't I get a moment of happiness? :'( Although Powder made my day.... ;)

There is another issue that is bothering me but I will post that in a different thread. I just wish I didn't feel this way, I don't like it and I know what it could be doing to my body...Grrrrrrrr...... >:(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2007, 11:32:53 pm »
Oh dear Queen:
  I do hope you can get the help you need to move into your new place.  Have you talked to your roommate about the gas bill?  I wonder if she would be willing to get it in her name or help out so you guys can get it turned on?  I am sending love your way! 
   {{{{HUGS}}}}
Thanks for the words about your father's passing and how it affects you now.  It is hard.  I used to talk to my mom several times a day and I really miss that.

I hope the pen does good for you.  I'm so used to giving myself shots of Insulin in the stomach, it's like second nature.  My blood sugars have been running high lately, but I've been on kind of a binge, I'm sure for emotional reasons.  Have to get that under control real soon, because I've seen some of the horrors of what uncontrolled diabetes can do when I was in a nursing home.  I don't want any amputated limbs or to have to go on dialysis any time soon!  So good luck on that.

I hope all you girls are having a good evening.  More later or tomorrow I guess, as no one seems to be on here right now.
Peace-
Betty

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2007, 11:38:18 pm »
Hi all.
Really sad to hear so many of you deal with other health issuses as well. Talk about overload....the stress would kill me alone, I really don't know how you all hang in there on a daily basis.......but God Bless You for hanging in there.
Betty,
I miss my mom as well, she lives in another city 6 hours away, she's older and going through health issuses as well, and I feel so shitty that i'm not  there for her, as I was in the past,( my brother isn't much of a help to her, he's dealing with an Autisic child). So not only do I miss her, I feel constrained to help her. But such is life sometimes.
Cindy,
Keep your chin up about work, perhaps try working your resume' to broaden your field of interest, and possible career change, maybe?
I too minored in Psych, but My Major was Mass Communications, with Public relations options I still have not completed my degree ( I got pregnant and had to stop attending full time), however one day I will achieve my goal.....the funny thing is I was actually going to apply to be a 911 dispatcher before I got this job........I quess there are alot of us with the same morbid ( as my husband calls me ) disposition :P. I love watching shows about addiction (of any kind..i.e drugs, sex, gambling.), medical mysteries, police dramas, you name it etc....
Who loves to watch Discovery Health Channel? (me raising my hand).....Me......

Later gators,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2007, 12:23:00 am »
Hey Nicole (That's my daughter's name)-
  I bet you like Court T. V. as well if you like police dramas.  I like to watch "Intervention" from time to time.  I really like Law & Order also.  I can't wait until the new season starts!  But I really miss Jerry Orbach. 

That's rough, Nic, being away from your mom.  I helped take care of my mom right up until her death and would spend the night over there all the time when she needed someone in there 24 hours.  But I have a sister who lives in Phoenix (my mom lived in Michigan) and it was really rough on her.  Luckily toward the end of my mom's life, my sister got to fly home to be a part of it.  My mum passed very peacefully with all her children and my father, her husband of 58 years, around her. 

Now, my first husband's death wasn't as pretty, I'm sure.  I was in treatment for drug and alcohol abuse at the time.  It was in February of 1989.  I tested positive for HIV and three days later they told me he died.  He had HIV, but that's not what killed him, alcoholism did.  It caused his heart to stop.  And he was 29.  That was pretty rough also.  I think it took like a year to year and a half for me to get emotionally back to normal.

I wonder if Powder is out with Stone.  Hmmmmmm

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2007, 12:25:45 am »
Hi Girls

I am going to keep this short I am PMSing and am going to go to bed.  Sorry to all of you that have lost a loved one.  My grandma just died two months ago but I was really not close to her. I really feel bad for my mother.  I am really close to my mother and father and could not imagine them not being around.  My mother is also going through some health issues and hope she can get everthing straightend out.

Hi Bettytacy my thoughts are with you and I hope you are feeling better.  Its ironic that there is three of us who have been interested in law enforcement.  Moon and Zach and me who is law enforcement.  I often think of going back to school to do forensics but then most agencies around my area want you to be a police officer and and not a civilian.  Oh such is life.

Queen -  I am sorry to here about your new place.  I hope you get things straightened out.  But hey look on the bright side, I am sure you had a smile on your face when you got the message from Boo.

Moon- hope you are doing well and I hope you are not to lonely.  Just think of Stone and that should make things all better.

Going to take a midol or a vicodin and go to bed.  Have a great night

K

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2007, 01:41:06 am »
Oh dear Queen:
  I do hope you can get the help you need to move into your new place.  Have you talked to your roommate about the gas bill?  I wonder if she would be willing to get it in her name or help out so you guys can get it turned on?  I am sending love your way! 
   {{{{HUGS}}}}
Thanks for the words about your father's passing and how it affects you now.  It is hard.  I used to talk to my mom several times a day and I really miss that.

I hope the pen does good for you.  I'm so used to giving myself shots of Insulin in the stomach, it's like second nature.  My blood sugars have been running high lately, but I've been on kind of a binge, I'm sure for emotional reasons.  Have to get that under control real soon, because I've seen some of the horrors of what uncontrolled diabetes can do when I was in a nursing home.  I don't want any amputated limbs or to have to go on dialysis any time soon!  So good luck on that.

I hope all you girls are having a good evening.  More later or tomorrow I guess, as no one seems to be on here right now.
Peace-
Betty

My room mate doesn't get much more than me on disability. She is going to get the electric on and pay her half of the rent. If she got the gas on too it wouldn't leave her with any money. There is an option that I am looking into and hoping they can cover the bill.

After my brother had a few strokes, he's diabetic too but thinks he is invincible and when he did decide to start taking his insulin it was just a bit too late. That was a wake up call for me even though I was taking mine just not the way they were prescribed. I don't want to have to worry about amputation or dialysis either.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2007, 02:00:41 am »
Hi GFs~

I am here, was on the "phone with Stone" for a couple of hours.  He hasn't asked me out again for this coming week, but said he was sure he would talk to me tomorrow.  Weather is supposed to be 79 degrees here next Sat on Labor Day weekend and Stone does NOT have his son that weekend!  :P  Planning ahead for some fun with that full moon coming this week! 

It was 110 here today with the heat index and there is this 7yo kid that lives in the apt complex where Stone is.  Evidently, the kid's father tells him to go outside in the morning and not come back until its dark.  Stone has fed this kid a few times cause his parents haven't fed him breakfast or lunch.  Today Stone invited him inside to play with his son in the AC and then took them both to the pool.  He's considering calling child welfare services but doesn't want anyone retaliating and messing with his trucks.  He thinks the hood will point the finger at him.  I can't say I blame him.

Good thing is, school starts Monday, so the kid will have some supervision during the day, that is, if he even makes it to school.  Stone has a ground floor apt and this kid comes to the back porch and knocks on the sliding glass door all the time.  Today Stone had to run some errands and when he and his son returned this kid was waiting on the steps for them to return.  Stone says sometimes he looks out the window and the kid is sitting on his patio chairs there.  Its really sad that some young parents can't even take care of their kid, and they don't care where he is all day.  This has been going on for months now.  Breaks my heart to hear about it.

OK, GFs, I need a vote here.  What's your opinion?  I have always been a numbers girl, bookkeeper, organizer, office manager, hold down the fort kinda girl, in my previous jobs.  Many times over the years people have suggested I go into sales because of my conservative look and my personality.  I have never dared because I have been too afraid to work on commission, and I have never wanted to push a product on people.  However, office jobs around here are rare and don't pay well at all anymore.  I want to be recognized for my achievements, so....

How do you think I would do at selling cars?  Rumor has it you can earn 100K around here selling new cars.  I would be happy earning 40K!

Yep, Stone thinks I would be great at this and I think, "Who would want to buy a car from a woman?"  He says women are kinder, gentler, more detail-oriented than men, more approachable, and that's why we do better as real estate agents, etc.  There is a brand new Toyota dealership about 3 miles from my house that needs a salesperson, right off the highway, where people from down county come.  People down the road are wealthier towards DC, and always try to save a buck by trickling up to my area. 

I guess with selling cars, people already come to look because they have the idea to buy on their mind, so you don't have to push too hard.  They already know what they want, pretty much.  I AM great at talking with people and I think the numbers girl thing and a knack for details would help. 

Has anyone here ever sold cars, or know anyone, male or female, that has?  I am in a busy DC suburb, so the location is good.  The dealership is advertising because they need help with all of the new sales coming in.  I don't know what to think.  Thing is, if I got my foot in the door and didn't do well, I am still getting unemployment in the meantime, until the end of the year.  Also, you really just "represent" the dealership and then someone else usually closes the sale, either a sales manager or a finance guy, right?  I'm good with people, very pleasant, not pushy, love to help others, and I am very respectful of their needs, so I wouldn't push, well not too hard.

Let me know your thoughts!  I may go talk with the sales manager this week, act like I'm buying a car and ask to speak with him, stake out the place a little first.

~Cindy   "Will work for food."   :(

Edited to add:  I am kinda freaking out, took my last pill today after being on them (oral contraceptives) since I was 19!  I am a nerd with numbers, GFs!  (7/2/89  to  8/25/07)  That's a damn long time.  I'll be like Medusa or something 6 weeks from now!  Will I lose weight from this?    ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:20:53 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2007, 07:50:15 am »
Cindy

If you could get a gig with a dealership, and stick it out, it could be good for you. In my city, we've got some women in car sales who do just fine. But, like anything else, it's a low man on totem pole start as you build your knowledge and, your customer base (especially for the repeaters and referrals.)

With your background? Hell, you'd be closing the sales before long and a manager would love your ability with numbers.

In addition to checking out that dealership as a pseudo-customer, also call around and ask all of the major dealerships if they have any women reps (you can say, you'd really prefer to buy a car from a woman) and if so, get their names and call or visit them.

There's rarely a time in life when someone isn't flattered that you would seek their opinion of their industry, the specific job process, etc. Pick the person's brains. I KNOW you would be good at that! Find out how long it was before they were making the kind of money they wanted to make.

Hell, why not? There's an old business-ism that the only avenue for people to make doctor/lawyer type money is through sales and largely, it's true.
Plus, you could get a dealership vroom-vroom to drive in.

Full throttle. Em
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:53:22 am by emeraldize »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2007, 07:57:56 am »
Call it a good omen. I found this article for you which, uncanny enough, was published TODAY about women in the automotive industry and sales!! This might help you as you do your research.

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070826/NEWS/708260302

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2007, 04:03:37 pm »
Call it a good omen. I found this article for you which, uncanny enough, was published TODAY about women in the automotive industry and sales!! This might help you as you do your research.

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070826/NEWS/708260302

Em~

You ROCK!  That article echos a lot of what I was already thinking.....Nice to see my good "common sense" in an article, lol!   :P   I think I need to visit that dealership this week.   Hell, it sounds like they really DO look for women salespeople, like we're the diamonds in the rough.  I have had little fears of being turned away because of being female and not having experience.  Maybe I can have a heart-to-heart with the sales manager and interview HIM!   :D

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2007, 07:44:41 pm »
You do realize this career path would mean surrendering your self-assigned title of closet Metal Head and commandeering a Motor Head Thread. You would  be expected to advise us on which cars are good, which are bad, how to navigate the service tech tango and so moto-more!!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2007, 07:57:25 pm »
I have no problem being a Motor Head, my Dad builds race car engines, so I know some "lingo" already!

Couldn't help but think of the band Motorhead first, tho!  Saw them in concert in 2003, "Ace of Spades, the Ace of Spades...."

OK, I digress.......   :P

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2007, 08:04:23 pm »
When I think of race car engines, Cin and Em, I think of Judas Priest's song "Screaming for Vengance" when the singer lets out that long, hurdling "SCREEEEEEEEMAN!"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2007, 08:32:39 pm »
When I think of race car engines, Cin and Em, I think of Judas Priest's song "Screaming for Vengance" when the singer lets out that long, hurdling "SCREEEEEEEEMAN!"

Didn't they also do one called "Free Wheel Burnin'"...........?  LOL

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2007, 09:56:30 pm »
Ok, should I chime in here? I really don't do metal nor am I a race car fan. I couldn't take it when I lived in Miami and there is no way I could stand it with my hearing aids. But since we are mentioning songs and cars. My mind went to his Royal Badness...Prince and Lil Red Corvette... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2007, 02:39:33 am »
Stone used to drive a little red corvette.......    :P   I need to work him into next weekend's plans somehow.   We just spoke on the phone for 3 hours tonight.  He takes things one day at a time, and I am always planning ahead, lol.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:47:52 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2007, 05:44:36 am »
Dammit, I am in a dark place tonight, and its already morning.  I posted in the main threads cause I am scared and don't know what to do.  I need to get a job, but my health is screwed up and I am scared to death now.  I tried to sleep for an hour and kept tossing and turning and panicking.  Is it this damn Sustiva making me feel like this? 

Earlier tonight I was jumping and dancing around to a favorite tune and now I am in a dark place.  Fuck it all.  I am taking a time out today and curling up.  Cancelling my appointment with the chiropractor.  What is one more visit gonna do?  That's all I have left on this damn insurance until the new year.  Dammit, I even told Stone he could move in with me as a roommate.  Boy would that be a conflict of interest!  Or a safe haven?  I don't know anymore.  I hate this shit.     :'(     :'(     :'(     :'(    :'(

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2007, 06:21:41 am »
ML,

I replied you in the living with. But I will just talk about Sustiva here. Yes, it can mess with your mind big time, I was amazed at the difference when I changed it a couple months ago (still f***ed up but not suffering as much and far less sleep problems), and I wasn't even one of the more obvious cases of a bad effect. I think sustiva is like a weight on your brain so when things are good you can handle them but when things are shaky it makes them much worse. A little like weed (for me, eventually, which was why I quit it after 10 years smoking). It's very individual though but don't overlook it. It gives strange dreams and the quality of sleep is damaged. Most people quit it just b/c of the mental/sleep side effects (based on hearing evidence not research here).

a doc told me that all HAART doses are for a 80 kg male patient and b/c women are usually smaller and with different metabolism we suffer more than the men, for example, combivir makes more women anemic than men. you can check the sustiva levels in the blood to see if they are too high as well.

I have to add, Queen... speaking of Little Red Corvette, who did I see perform it last week in London? You guessed it, the little genius himself. It was just awsome!!

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 07:27:00 am »
ML, It might just be the Sustiva but it might also be that you  are nervous for good reason. Looking for a job is very stressful. And asking Stone to move in even on a roommate basis would have me freaking. I think that you would be good in sales.If you like restaurant work, try a fine dining restaurant where you can work part-time and sale wine. If not, then the car dealership thing might be good. you have a very  outgoing personality, which would serve you well in that respect. And you are very pretty, which is always a benefit when working with people. Hope you get to feeling better.   Cristy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2007, 07:29:36 am »
TY, Cristy.  I am still awake, haven't gone to bed yet   :-\   Finally got the dog back on schedule with his meds tho.   :D   Used to give him that stuff at 730am before I'd go to work.  This is messed up.  WTF am I doing?    ???

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2007, 07:50:26 am »
ML, I have nights I can't sleep especially if I am stressing hard. Hang in there GF, it will get better. Maybe a housecleaning spree or some physical activity to tire your brain and that way when you go to sleep tonight, you will sleep like a log.     Love ya.  Cristy

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2007, 10:38:45 am »
Hi ML

I am sorry to hear that you are in a dark place.  I was there last week.  I know when I am stressed out I can't sleep and I am not sure if its the meds or not.  I just know i am never able to sleep when I have something important to do the next day then it messes up my whole day. What about joining a temp agency and working for them?  I know a lot of people who have started working for a temp agency then got full time employment out of it.  Well, if nothing else works, how about a pint of your favorite ice cream.  That usually works for me.   Good Luck ML I will send you my good thoughts and mojo. xoxox

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:32 am »
Of course a pint of ice cream probably isn't the best thing for a diabetic. :o   I'm sure our Cin is sleeping right now, haven't noticed her on the forums for awhile.  I'm thinking of taking a nap as I'm in a really pissy, bitchy mood right now and I shouldn't be, especially since Alberto Gonzalez has just turned in his resignation.  Hooray! :D

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2007, 03:58:05 pm »
Of course a pint of ice cream probably isn't the best thing for a

Oh, for the love of...that's all I needed was to see the mention of ice cream today. I'm going to the store as soon as I post this to get some damn I-deserve-it-just-cuz Ice Cream. It's my favorite brand.

You know what? Just the language, " I'm in a dark place." might have some literal tie to the changing of season/sunlight exposure. ML, do you have access to someone's sunning lamp---the type used to address SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? If so, try to use it for 10-15 minutes a day in the morning, do some outdoor walking (for the activity and tiring factor), set a time past which you WILL NOT be on the phone or on the computer so that your mind has a chance to truly wind down. This internet shit is addictive for most of us.

Make your bedroom a true haven of calm. If there's a TV in there, cover it with a piece of fabric (Feng Shui would dictate moving it out, but covering it is a compromise), have some warm milk before bed if you can handle milk, maybe some light, meditative reading. For the near term, you'll be on Sustiva and it's a known fact that what you do before night-night with that med can influence the dream content.

Soothing music, meditation, pretty pictures, are noted to set up a calming effect before sleep.

And, during your awake hours, why not start to plan the Yellow Brick Road to your next job. Where would you like to go? With whom should you meet to get there?

If ANY of us are sleep-deprived we will go to that chemically-driven, crappy cave of gloom that magnifies every piece of negative mental lint we've got.

If necessary, get a sleep aid prescribed to you. Having noted your references to lengths of calls with Stone, and having seen the times of many of your posts, you'll have to do your part to unhitch from technology in order to help re-establish some good sleep habits.

Although not on meds, I've had to do this which is why I can yack about it. A dear friend of mine says it very simply......" Sleep is your friend."  And, he's right!

All the best. Wishing you fluffy pillows.
Em
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:01:23 pm by emeraldize »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2007, 06:57:32 pm »
Hi GFs~

Sorry I've been such a whining shitball lately.  Yes, I agree I need more physical activity.  I mowed the backyard yesterday and almost keeled over from the humidity here!  I put in my other post about how I wanted to exercise 20 minutes a night.  I agree it will help with the exhaustion factor.  I have always been a planner, have always had a schedule....I think its been ingrained in my brain from an early age because of being diabetic.  Test here, shot there, now eat, test again....and so on. 

I am out of whack cause I don't have a job to keep me on schedule.  I'll just think of it as spring break, Lord knows I have needed some down time, but its been over three months, so time to get hopping!  I think I need to go see people face to face for a job and sell myself that way.  On a piece of paper I may just be blending in with everyone else.  My personality can sell itself, I am sure.  (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... lol). 

Hey as far as ice cream, there is a new one out by Edy's, kind of in a light blue container.  I forget what its called but it focuses on overload or excess or indulgence cause of all the crap they put in there, lol.  I have choc chip cookie dough downstairs, lol.  All I have to do is dial a dose on the insulin pump, lol.  I'm glad my ass isn't any wider from sitting home this summer, but I was hiking before the hotter days in July got here.

As far as "dark places" and SAD.....  I LOVE the fall and winter.  I am so excited that September is this weekend.  It will still be hot here, but fall is coming!  I think I am depressed from sitting inside because its been so hot.  I am very fair and don't do well in the heat, either does Cheech with his long coat.  Maybe I can take him for a hike tomorrow on the mountain.  Its all shaded and in the forest so it wouldn't be so bad.  We both have cabin fever!

Goodness, its 7pm?  Have to get ready for bed soon!  ;) 

I am REALLY going to try and better myself.  Now if I could just find a job that paid $17 - $18 an hour I would be happy.  Everyone is offering under 30K around here lately.  Well, they'll get what they pay for, an inexperienced student.......I will hold out a little longer, I still have cash, thank goodness!

~Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2007, 07:09:30 pm »

l just think of it as spring break, Lord knows I have needed some down time, but its been over three months, so time to get hopping!  I think I need to go see people face to face for a job and sell myself that way.  On a piece of paper I may just be blending in with everyone else.  My personality can sell itself, I am sure.  (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... lol). 

As far as "dark places" and SAD.....  I LOVE the fall and winter.  I am so excited that September is this weekend. 

Cin,
Quick note before I hop off. Yes, go in person!! We deal with you in print and WE get who you are, so by all means knock 'em out in person. Second, re: SAD---has NOTHING to do with whether you like fall or winter, it has to do with physiological reactions to less light hence the use of light boxes. I love fall/winter, too, but find that when I REMEMBER to use the damn thing it's beneficial. Finally, even if you listed yourself with a temp agency, it would ease you back out into the flow, demand that you get up and get out. I have a friend, who for years has temped and finds it's a fabulous way to find exactly where she would and would not want to work. Invariably, she gets offers as a result of temping. Just a thought to add to the creative slurry you're mixing.
Take good care.
Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »
LOL, um, forgot to add.....A temp agency placed me near home in March, when I left the PA job.  In May the stint was over.  I am listed with 5 temp agencies, and I look waaaaaay down my nose at them now.  They haven't done shit for me.  I am over-qualified.

~Cindy

*****SCAMMER ALERT******

Message from: tokunbodacosta  

Subject: Hello
Sent: Aug 26, 2007 12:14 PM (FLID:)
Hello, I saw your profile and i was deligthed to contact you,because your profile fit into the perfect woman i want to meet and be with. I am a young guy in my late twenties {29Years}.I am a black british.I have warndered around in search of a true love but i have seen any yet till today.but a friend talked about this dating site and i decided to have a look and hoping to be sucessfull. I would like to know you better and you tell me about yourself. Do not think the distance is a barrieir as i am ready to move around if you do want to meet me for real.I will send you some of my pictures as soon as we get to know each other better. have a nice day and kindly get back to me on akmoney_01@YAHOO.COM. Tokunbo

I simply replied, "Sure!  When can we meet for dinner or something?!?!?!"  He is in London, GFs......  :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:40:54 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2007, 09:07:37 pm »
 >:( How much more do I have to take? I got turned down for the housing assistance. I actually went there twice after getting a letter from my manager here which said if I didn't put my son out that I would be evicted due to breaking the lease. When I went back the second time, the case worker said the letter was no good because it says it will evict me if I don't put my son out. Then she said, well can't you let him stay somewhere else for awhile. What? :o I told her nicely that would be fraud considering I get cash from assistance for my son. And the lady I saw first thing in the morning, gave me a list of places to call....Zippo there. The one place on the list hadn't received housing funds in over 5 years and said he was getting irritated with housing assistance referring them. After being denied the first time, I broke out in tears in front of the woman, I couldn't help it.

I did get some news from the gas company. I found out today that my nephew when he moved into his apt had gas on in both our names. Here if you get service on and there is another adult present then their name has to go on the bill too. I had a previous gas bill from before but when I spoke to them today, they were saying that it is from my nephew's address where I had never set foot in. When I question the lady at the gas company about this, she said that I had signed the Liara application which is a program that helps you with your bill. For one I never signed the application for that address and this is a program where you have to reapply every year. But I am also amazed that they did not ask this person who was suppose to be me for any ID even if my nephew was the primary name on the bill. Of course after getting this from the gas company, I called my sister and left her a message telling her that her son better pay the bill or I'm pressing charges. I get called back and told that they tacked my bill on to his from my old apartment,which is bullshit because back then no one was added to the bill, it was just in my name. Then she goes on to say that she saw the paper herself and that she knows my handwriting. But she also had to mention, yeah cause you marked your disability as being immnio something, she said. That was her AIDS reminder. So now I have to file Identity Theft paperwork and I can't get any gas on in my place til they finish their investigation. If I didn't peep the address on the denial paper I would've had to pay 200 bucks to get service. Now I am  left with no gas.

At the moment, I am feeling very frustrated and disgusted. I can relate to Powder being in a dark place because I really want to hurt something right now!!!!!!!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2007, 08:02:53 am »
LOL, um, forgot to add.....A temp agency placed me near home in March, when I left the PA job.  In May the stint was over.  I am listed with 5 temp agencies, and I look waaaaaay down my nose at them now.  They haven't done shit for me.  I am over-qualified.

~Cindy

ML: I should add that my friend was nearly always over-qualified for positions she took. Once inside, they had a chance to get to know her and see what she was capable of. It was merely a way of entering, earning and learning.
GQ: Very sorry to learn of the housing letter and gas company outcome. However, it sounds like the gas company fucked up and should own up. Did they give you a copy of the signed document? Even though this is crappy timing for you (spirit-wise) combined with the housing issue, if the gas company took a fraudulently signed document, without verifying the identity of the signer, you may have the leverage you could use to get them to expedite the investigation. Mention that your lawyer suggested you see the original and have a copy. The other thing is the local paper and/or a television station typically has a consumer watchdog person whom you might enlist to assist--or, just mention it to the gas company that you've been advised to do this. That might light a fire (pun intended) under someone's ass to get it done.

I hope both of you come out of your dark places soon.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:06:34 am by emeraldize »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2007, 08:12:16 am »
ML: For whatever it's worth, if I lived where you live, had the background you have both educationally and professionally, the experiences you've had, physiologically, and continue to have, etc., then

I would explore if there's anything available at the NIH. http://www.nems.nih.gov/home/frederick.cfm

Em

Offline camille07

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2007, 08:46:31 am »
hey ladies-

Cindy- I think that's a great idea about you being in the automotive industry.  Selling cars may be just your thing.   I think you should at least give it a shot or else you'll never know.  I think keeping you busy may get you out of the dark place you've been residing.  I went through it about a month ago.  I swear if I saw a chipmunk I would start to cry.  But its not a crying state of being it's just a depression that is hard to shake...or comes in waves.  We're all here for ya girlfriend.  We know what you're going through and it sucks being a woman in this respect.  Our darn hormones can have a big affect on our moods.  I"m 38 so I know that menopause is right around the corner.  (whooo hooo can't wait grrrrrrrr)

Queen-  Sorry about all the housing issues.  It is a scary situation, I'm sure, facing eviction.   Hang in there, things will change.

Big hugs out to the rest of you hens:  em, bT, sun, cjc, and drag

Love Cammie

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2007, 11:01:45 am »
Good morning ladies:
   Wow, Queen, I sure hope things change for the better pretty soon.  It sounds really overwhelming.  Isn't there anyone in the public sector you can get ahold of about this?  I agree that the gas company should be held partly responsible, besides your nephew, in this.  They fucked up.  I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. 
   Moonlight, you mentioned in another post, in another thread, that you don't see how anyone can make it getting, what was it, $1300/month?  I get $865.  I had to go through bankrupcy twice and swallow my pride.  If you can work, then by all means do.  I tell people not to go on disability unless one absolutely has to.  I only make 1/4 of what I made when I was working.  I hope you're feeling better.  Sending positive energy your way to.  Did you see the eclipse?  I missed it. 
    I start classes full-time tonight.  Taking "Counseling Theories" and "Intro to Philosophy."  Kind of looking forward to them, as I need to keep busy right now with my mom's passing etc.  If I'm not busy, then I get depressed.  And I know me.  When I'm down about something, everything else gets exaggerated. 
    Hope everyone's doing alright.
Peace-
Betty

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2007, 12:43:24 pm »
ML: For whatever it's worth, if I lived where you live, had the background you have both educationally and professionally, the experiences you've had, physiologically, and continue to have, etc., then

I would explore if there's anything available at the NIH. http://www.nems.nih.gov/home/frederick.cfm

Em

Oh girl!  Haven't read the link yet, but seeing "NIH" makes me think of one thing:  TRAFFIC.  It is horrible around here.  I am really pissed about my neck and the fact that I can't drive far without it acting up.  Also, to go down the road would sacrifice about 4 hours commuting daily, when NIH is only 30 miles from me.  Yep, its that bad around here.

OK, so I just forced myself to pick up the phone and ask for Steve at the car dealership!  They connected me to Andy and I explained I had seen the ad in the paper, and were they still hiring?  He said sure and was kinda quiet for a split-second, so I had to steer the conversation some.  I said I would like to come in and find out more about the job, have an interview.  He asked when, I said as soon as TODAY if it was OK? 

3pm, ladies, 3pm is the interview.   I am gonna pick his brain about this industry. 

Funny thing is, with all of these neck problems I've been having....The second accident in Nov 2002 was right in front of the hotel next to this dealership.  I'll be careful!  LOL

Oh goodness!  I had better write down questions.  Andy sounds like he'd just say "Sure, we'll take you" while I want to know more about the industry.......Fingers crossed!

The moon was out all night here, I couldn't sleep.  Clouds moved in around 5am and totally blocked out the moon, so I didn't see any of the eclipse, I was disappointed.  :-X

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2007, 01:23:36 pm »
Wow, ML, good luck!!! Fingers crossed!!! way to go!!!!

Queen, your situation is so tough. I am really praying and hoping for improvement. I think it's time to pull all possible strings and get some support, b/c what you have to go thru emotionally (bitch sister consequences) is mixing with economic hardship (son of bitch sister consequences). Is there no ASO that can help you, at least handle the harassment? I know you are cool and strong and you will make it, but I hate to think of you going through all that crap. I wish I had some advice, but I can only send support from afar.

Em, I really enjoy reading you. I still keep fingers crossed for the adoption thing. I think you're super-balanced.

Ditto for Betty. I am really starting to have some role models in people I have never met. I am amazed at how I admire all the women on here (the forums), all for different reasons which amount to one and the same, the ability to keep on keepin' on and to keep changing and adapting and adjusting to enormous challenges, and still stay cool.

Hugs to everyone (or rather, group hug...). ps Camille, menaupause according to my poz friend who is going through it now, should hit in about 10 years. There is still time for that.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2007, 02:49:29 pm »
I went back to the gas company with papers in tow. Papers meaning, police report, the actual lease for the place I am in now, not the new place, and had their identity theft paper notarized. I spoke to the same woman I spoke to yesterday but she seemed amazed that I was back. After supplying what she asked for, I said "Now what?" They are going to investigate it she said...Honestly what the fuck is there to investigate, I wanted to scream. My lease should've been proof that I was not living at the other address. She typed something up on her computer, I think she was trying to see when the service was turned on at my nephew's place but she did not tell me when the date was even though the identity theft paper asked which I thought was idiotic. How am I suppose to know when if I am saying it is fraud. I agree with you guys too, I feel the gas company is at fault. All I was told is that I would be contacted when the investigation is complete. At the police station, they are saying give it a week and I should hear from an officer.

I will wait for the eviction notice but really hates that it has to make me look bad in order to get help. I let both the manager of my building and the housing assistance people know this. I'll continue this later, has to run to my ASO and talk with case manager...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.