Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:23:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 290
Total: 291

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: really worried need some advice  (Read 5698 times)

Offline concernedone

really worried need some advice
« on: August 16, 2007, 04:05:50 pm »
im a 29 yr old male....i had recently had sex with 2 young prostitutes...one about 3or 4 weeks ago the other maybe 2.5 weeks ago. On the first incident I had sex with protection..and during the session my condom slipped a little exposing some of the base of my penis....i ejaculated in her and then removed the condom very cautiously....i then went to the bathroom..to wash my penis with soap and water and i also went number 1 (pissed) becuz i was told every time u finish having sex pissing is encouraged.  The 2nd incident i had sex with a condom..there was no slippage the condom stayed on and there was no problem...but i did lightly lick her outside of her vagina.......so now i found myself feeling pain on both my groin area where the lymph nodes are located...i really cant tell if my my lymph nodes are swollen or they are just the way they are...the pain has subsided however i feel weird twitching on 1 side of my groin...(light pain)...i have been feeling weak at times..and to include a headache...my throat has been not really sore but irritated...but i noticed before i had sex with the 2 ladies...my tonsils were red and had white spots on them....so in a way i cancel out the throat symptoms due to that....i am a very stupid person...im married i have 3 kids...and i am some what worried that i might have contracted something...the fact that i used protection gives me a little confidence that i might be just fine..however i realize that im playing with fire and i dont want others to be affected becuz of my stupidity....which is a lesson learned... just hope its not to late for me and my health....plz help me......ive been stressing for a good 3 weeks..and i need closure or advise....thank you

Offline RapidRod

Re: really worried need some advice
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:12:05 pm »
You had protected sex, for all your symptoms see your doctor. This is not an HIV concern.

Offline concernedone

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 04:18:08 pm »
thank you for youre reply....do u think that it is just related to me stressing.....i forgot to mention that i had an itchy rash on my forearm and left inner thigh wich were red and bumpy, which have gone after 3 or 4 days....it almost felt like heat rash but was unsure....after all this..i have done lots of research and learned alot  about hiv.....facts that have calmed me down..but at time i question myself again...what do you thin about the rash...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 04:19:01 pm »
OK, right off the top the most important thing is that you used condoms during these incidents. They provide very effective protection, including for straying husbands. So there's no basis in anything you did to be concerned about HIV nor any need for testing.

Your symptoms? You need to discuss them with your doctor. Other STDs are easier to get than HIV. I say that not to alarm you but it's simply what's so. Have a straightforward talk with your doctor about it all. There is absolutely nothing HIV-specific about your symptoms but that's not surprising since you didn't do anything risky.

Drop your guilt overboard right now. You're a dog like the rest of us and you went straying. You can't undo that. Take a breath and let it go. It's the most loving thing you can do for your family and all concerned. Really.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Really.  
Andy Velez

Offline concernedone

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 04:34:38 pm »
roger that sir!...so ur saying that this maybe just myself stressing that is causing these symptoms....as far as straying like a dog...i think i learned a good lesson here and will remain loyal and faithful....i dont think a few minutes of extasy with a prositiute is worth feeling the guilty and fear of contracting something...and stressing out....thinking if i might have given it to a loved one...i couldnt live with myself...so thank you for your information.....and fellas lets think with our heads and not the one down below....our family is important to us..lets not have them suffer for our mistakes....godbless you all

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 04:57:16 pm »
Stress can show up in all kinds of ways physically. It's always a good idea to check out persistent symptoms with your doctor. But I feel confident in saying this is NOT an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline concernedone

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:52:51 pm »
i went to doctor to have swollen lymph node in groin looked at...lately all i have been feeling is dull pain and wierd sensations where the swollen node is at....he says it could be viral and to monitor it.....but since im having this episode...am i still ok...should i be worried.....i havent felt fatigued in like 4 days....no night sweats or fever.....can u tell me what u think

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 05:07:42 am »
concernedone, continue to listen to the advice of your doctor. We can't diagnose your problems. Which by the way have nothing to do with HIV. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:20:30 am »
Concerned, you pm'd me to comment further. I don't have anything to add. This is NOT an HIV situation, so whatever is going on is something you need to have further evaluated by your doctor. We cannot diagnose here. All we can do is comment in terms of HIV risk or not.
Andy Velez

Offline concernedone

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 02:28:48 pm »
im sorry, after getting info. here dont get me wrong..i feel alot better...but the lymph node situation had me alittle nervous....i just wanted to ask all the questions that i had in my head so that i can move on mentally ...and know that im ok....and thats that...thank u for ur time....

Offline concernedone

Question on periphila nueropathy
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 06:09:28 pm »
i know that ive already been told that im in the clear since i used protection......even my buddy of mine was telling me that i should be fine........im not scared anymore but i still get nervous...since i have calmed down...i no longer have the headaches or the fatigue like i used to.....the itchy throat is not as seroius since the doctor..said it was postnasal fluid goin down my thraot irritatin it....he asked about my std history which i told him....right after i told him about my lymph nodes.....i have this 1 swollen node in my groin and its maybe a quatersized or alil smaller but hard....he tells me to monitor it.....but i have been expirencing these weird sensations on my knees and thighs ..kind of like sharp electrical sensations.....and i was told that there is something called periphila neuropathy....which that has me concenred with those symptoms...they come and go...but they are not really painful...just enough to notice.....does this present an hiv symptom....i just wanted clarifaction on this...and when actullay do u get this neropathy if u becom hiv pos.... ???....like i said im alot better and not stress that much anymore...but this episode still make hiv enter my mind from tiem to time..plz advise

Offline concernedone

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 06:59:20 pm »
its been around 2 months since i had sex with the 1st sex worker and a month and some days with the 2nd sex worker.......i went to hospital and got the HIV-1 AB test........i havent been stressing as much anymore becuz im still believing that i should be ok since i used a condom for both incidents....but im a little worried about the test results.........i hope that i will be ok....will this test be accurate........even after the times i was with these individual sex workers???...Pray for me....i hope i will come out of this ok............do u think ill be ok??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 07:05:40 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.